Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 11/28/16
Preamble: Advanced AcousticWerkes, in short known as AAW, is a Singapore based audio product manufacturer best known for custom-moulded in-ear monitors (CIEMs). Not long ago, they have...
The Soundaware Esther M1Pro provides a immersive sound experience held down by its dated interface and firmware. Its like driving a luxury car with all its comfort but with a dated design...
I am lucky. Very lucky. As I listened last Sunday to the i5, not only did we have the first good (not hard, but good) freeze of the Fall, but since I had been up since just before sunrise, I was...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the Bluetooth version of Mee Audio's classic budget earphone, the M9B. Mee Audio, formerly MEElectronics, has been around since 2005 and is...
I got the honour of being part of the C1 World Tour . Whatever I did, thank you! It’s not every day that 3 new products from the same manufacturer arrive on your doorstep. I have the...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1060post #15886 of 228448/7/13 at 2:43pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #15887 of 228448/7/13 at 3:07pmpost #15888 of 228448/7/13 at 4:04pmpost #15889 of 228448/7/13 at 4:54pm
Does anyone use the Boom Pro Mic in Windows? It works flawlessly on Mac but Windows can't detect it for some reason. I'm trying to play a game of Sanctum 2 with a fellow Head-Fier. :p
Windows only detects my MacBook Pro's Cirrus Logic on-board microphone.post #15890 of 228448/7/13 at 6:11pmQuote:
You need to use the splitter for it. Mac and some PC can take the 3 ring plug but most PC can't.post #15891 of 228448/7/13 at 6:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by DrSheepQuote:
You need to use the splitter for it. Mac and some PC can take the 3 ring plug but most PC can't.
I should have clarified: I'm running Windows on my MacBook, so the 4-ring TRRS jacks should be detectable, I think. Actually, this model MacBook only has a single 3.5 mm port, so even if a splitter was required I wouldn't be able to use it. :/
Edited by miceblue - 8/7/13 at 6:39pmpost #15892 of 228448/7/13 at 7:02pmQuote:
There is no support on the windows side for the mic portion of the mic/headphone combined jack on MacBooks.post #15893 of 228448/7/13 at 7:43pmQuote:
You might be able to find a custom driver for it though.post #15894 of 228448/7/13 at 7:58pm
I don't think people found a solution yet for it. It seems they have tried different drivers but with no success. Doesn't look like Apple is doing anything about it yet, as it pertains to Windows and not Mac OSX.post #15895 of 228448/7/13 at 8:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by darkxvx
I don't think people found a solution yet for it. It seems they have tried different drivers but with no success. Doesn't look like Apple is doing anything about it yet, as it pertains to Windows and not Mac OSX.
Yeah I have a feeling that it was the driver.post #15896 of 228448/7/13 at 8:58pmpost #15897 of 228448/7/13 at 10:32pm
Bah. Maybe I'll go over to a local Apple Store and/or Microsoft Store downstairs and ask some Genius if there is a solution. Dat's pretty lame.
On another note, Sanctum 2 has a funky built-in text-to-speech chat feature that it uses by default. Funny stuff.post #15898 of 228448/7/13 at 10:46pm
XL UPDATE - ACOUSTICS APPROVED - NOW IN PRODUCTION
We did a serious listening test of the final 4 variations and decided on #6 in the graph below. As I have always said, never trust response curves solely as "the fit is the sound" and your individual ear crafts the final response curve - like a room and speakers. Having said that, it is helpful to take a peek at the machine responses AFTER we test with our golden ears.
I delegated (hard for me to type) my team handle the golden ear tests as I do not have big enough ears to be a customer for this product. I trust this team, they are a hand-picked group of true hi-fi fanatics who have helped me tune the M-series and VAMP. We even do hearing test audiograms to make sure we can hear properly when testing.
Whew- so, there we go - I finally green lighted mass production and I'll have dates soon.
We launched BoomPro/CoilPro and are launching Tuono (the short lightning cable). Now I must focus on other future products in the works and setting up our international distribution channels and new Europe offices (Milan and Germany). AUSTRALIA is launching in a few days, Italy and Dubai launched a few weeks ago. And I have some VERY SPECIAL news to announce soon.
It is quite incredible to me, I cannot wait to reveal it (and no this special news is different is not a product).
One country at a time!
Final XL Cushion test candidates (again solid evidence that flatter is not always better when it comes to FR curves as your ear shapes the sound more than the FR data):
Edited by valkolton - 8/8/13 at 1:54ampost #15899 of 228448/7/13 at 10:59pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › Blue Shure 846 Mint Condition! 34 seconds ago
- › Rhapsodio thread 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 2 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › NAD M51 Direct Digital DAC Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › FS: GREEN Q701's! [Bass Mod] - $170 4 minutes ago
- › Can I DIY MMX300 replacement cable? 4 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › AAW Nebula One Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitor by HiFiChris
- › Soundaware Esther by tassardar
- › Cayin i5 by ngoshawk
- › MEE audio M9B Bluetooth Wireless Noise-Isolating In-Ear Stereo... by B9Scrambler
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Takeanidea
- › Parasound Zpre zone preamplifier by snellemin
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Jackpot77
- › EarSonics Velvet by SeeSax
- › Tony Bennett TBSE1 Signature Edition Headphone - Black/Silver by DJ The Rocket
- › Accutone Pisces Digital In-Ear Headset - Retail Packaging -... by mark2410
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear