Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/3/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 11/28/16
FiiO x5iii Many times, there is trepidation when you sign up for a possible tour review, at least for me. Your hope is to not only be chosen, but to give an open honest review, under the...
I would like to thank Gibson Innovations for the opportunity to review the H900M. Above: H900M top, A800 below Above: H900M Before I begin,...
Yet again (with several more to soon follow), I find myself owing a great deal of thanks (and at this point...
Aesthetics: The box with its engineering drawings, beautiful graphics, and presentation of the product leaves a great first impression. Included are ample sizes of silicon earpieces to choose...
This is a pretty long review. For the benefit of those with short attention spans, let’s cut right to the chase. The “entry level” Holo Spring DAC is good – very good! It is transparent,...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1060post #15886 of 230028/7/13 at 2:43pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #15887 of 230028/7/13 at 3:07pmpost #15888 of 230028/7/13 at 4:04pmpost #15889 of 230028/7/13 at 4:54pm
Does anyone use the Boom Pro Mic in Windows? It works flawlessly on Mac but Windows can't detect it for some reason. I'm trying to play a game of Sanctum 2 with a fellow Head-Fier. :p
Windows only detects my MacBook Pro's Cirrus Logic on-board microphone.post #15890 of 230028/7/13 at 6:11pmQuote:
You need to use the splitter for it. Mac and some PC can take the 3 ring plug but most PC can't.post #15891 of 230028/7/13 at 6:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by DrSheepQuote:
You need to use the splitter for it. Mac and some PC can take the 3 ring plug but most PC can't.
I should have clarified: I'm running Windows on my MacBook, so the 4-ring TRRS jacks should be detectable, I think. Actually, this model MacBook only has a single 3.5 mm port, so even if a splitter was required I wouldn't be able to use it. :/
Edited by miceblue - 8/7/13 at 6:39pmpost #15892 of 230028/7/13 at 7:02pmQuote:
There is no support on the windows side for the mic portion of the mic/headphone combined jack on MacBooks.post #15893 of 230028/7/13 at 7:43pmQuote:
You might be able to find a custom driver for it though.post #15894 of 230028/7/13 at 7:58pm
I don't think people found a solution yet for it. It seems they have tried different drivers but with no success. Doesn't look like Apple is doing anything about it yet, as it pertains to Windows and not Mac OSX.post #15895 of 230028/7/13 at 8:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by darkxvx
I don't think people found a solution yet for it. It seems they have tried different drivers but with no success. Doesn't look like Apple is doing anything about it yet, as it pertains to Windows and not Mac OSX.
Yeah I have a feeling that it was the driver.post #15896 of 230028/7/13 at 8:58pmpost #15897 of 230028/7/13 at 10:32pm
Bah. Maybe I'll go over to a local Apple Store and/or Microsoft Store downstairs and ask some Genius if there is a solution. Dat's pretty lame.
On another note, Sanctum 2 has a funky built-in text-to-speech chat feature that it uses by default. Funny stuff.post #15898 of 230028/7/13 at 10:46pm
XL UPDATE - ACOUSTICS APPROVED - NOW IN PRODUCTION
We did a serious listening test of the final 4 variations and decided on #6 in the graph below. As I have always said, never trust response curves solely as "the fit is the sound" and your individual ear crafts the final response curve - like a room and speakers. Having said that, it is helpful to take a peek at the machine responses AFTER we test with our golden ears.
I delegated (hard for me to type) my team handle the golden ear tests as I do not have big enough ears to be a customer for this product. I trust this team, they are a hand-picked group of true hi-fi fanatics who have helped me tune the M-series and VAMP. We even do hearing test audiograms to make sure we can hear properly when testing.
Whew- so, there we go - I finally green lighted mass production and I'll have dates soon.
We launched BoomPro/CoilPro and are launching Tuono (the short lightning cable). Now I must focus on other future products in the works and setting up our international distribution channels and new Europe offices (Milan and Germany). AUSTRALIA is launching in a few days, Italy and Dubai launched a few weeks ago. And I have some VERY SPECIAL news to announce soon.
It is quite incredible to me, I cannot wait to reveal it (and no this special news is different is not a product).
One country at a time!
Final XL Cushion test candidates (again solid evidence that flatter is not always better when it comes to FR curves as your ear shapes the sound more than the FR data):
Edited by valkolton - 8/8/13 at 1:54ampost #15899 of 230028/7/13 at 10:59pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › The DIY Discman Repair Thread 41 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers Electrostatic Prototype Listening Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Fiio E07k Enough to Power the 250 ohm DT 990 Pro? DT990 or AKG 550? 1 minute ago
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 2 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 3 minutes ago
- › Classical music discussion, what do you like? 3 minutes ago
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-7200 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ngoshawk
- › Onkyo Over Ear Headphone (H900MB/27) by Sonic Defender
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by Army-Firedawg
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by wdetterman
- › Holo Audio Spring DAC - Level 1 "Base Model" by T Bone
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by gemmoglock
- › Effect Audio X Empire Ears : "Arthur" by justrest
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › DUNU DN-2000J by EZE99
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by snapacap
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear