Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 12/10/15
As list in the summary, I don't like this product, and I will not buy any product from Philips because of the post-sale service. After I tried replacing all of the ear-pieces in the box, I...
Introduction – When I was first looking into a set of computer speakers, many brands tickled my ear but few really caught my eye. Edifier are a perfect example of a brand renowned for their...
Mine developed a noisy right channel after a relatively short time. Cambridge Tech support was poor and customer support was just as bad. This company is pennywise and pound foolish and should...
I’ve worked with Accutone IEMs before. However, I’ve never been so thoroughly satisfied a product of theirs. Almost every build-quality complaint I’ve had before lies dead at the feet of...
I have heard the littledot mkIV, and it pretty much sounded like any other solid state amp as well so i though eh, littledot is just another shammy company... but then I discovered the MKIII - and...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1058post #15856 of 226688/6/13 at 8:37pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #15857 of 226688/6/13 at 8:43pmpost #15858 of 226688/6/13 at 9:15pm
so are any new pads available at all Mike?
I'd love to review the M100's,
but the pads bug me when attempting longer listening sessions.post #15859 of 226688/6/13 at 9:54pmpost #15860 of 226688/6/13 at 11:18pmWith all the r&D put into the earpads, materials and manufacture process, and assuredly niche market, I was assuming V-MODA would need to recoup costs and the MSRP would be like $40 for a pair. AKG full-size pads are like $60 USD, I think.post #15861 of 226688/7/13 at 12:32amQuote:
This better still be happening, I will not being paying more than $20 for them. That said, these look unbelievably plush.post #15862 of 226688/7/13 at 1:09ampost #15863 of 226688/7/13 at 4:25amQuote:
If it weren't for the laborious R&D/time/money involved, I'd say that V-Moda should redesign a second version of their case to go with the XLs and charge for that version accordingly.
Val mentioned that the M100's pads weren't really designed to be changed regularly, and the experiences of other users seem to have borne that out. I'd still like to wear my headphones on the street, which means I'd need to be able to use a case, but I'd also appreciate the comfort of the new pads, which could mean having to put the case aside permanently.
I'd hate to have to choose between portability and comfort without being able to switch again, but could that be the situation with which we're faced.
Here's something I'd love to see re the next higher-end model of V-Moda headphones:
An ingenious and swift solution to changing the pads -- one that would be built into the design.
Now that Val knows a fair number of headphone buyers eventually choose their mainstays for comfort as well as style and sound -- and that comfort can be very different from person to person -- perhaps he'll apply his team's design ingenuity to detachable pads as well as shields, cables and folding mechanisms. That way, the user could customize not only the look but the feel of their headphones, which could become a whole new level of luxury in the luxury market. It's also the logical extension of the idea of different tips for IEMs.
Having two or three sets of easily switchable pads could also allow the headphones to become an outfit for one's skull -- one with functional accessories -- smaller pads for smaller bags and summer days, etc. We often use different pads from different companies, but this would all come from one company, and would solve the issue of finding comfortable pads for earcups that have an anomalous shape.
With feel customization comes sound modification as well, which would be another level of options for the V-Moda customer.
Here's another issue:
The most comfortable earpads often look a tad ridiculous. The great thing to do would be to design all the pads so that they not only felt and sounded good but looked good on the user, albeit in different ways.
But that would a decision for V-Moda to make: Whether to try to do it all or focus on two out of three elements.
Edited by scrypt - 8/7/13 at 5:03ampost #15864 of 226688/7/13 at 5:04am
... and would maybe even end the demanding threats of not being willing to pay for new pads as the headphone should already have fit in their first generation ;-)
Definitely a good idea. And, I could imagine, a kind of problem Val would be interested in solving. Yes, his mention of the pads not being designed to be changed often made me hesitate as well... and I'm quite content with the existing pads. Would nevertheless be an interesting feature for a future generation of the M-100.
Maybe the XL pads are even soft enough to fit into the existing case, but as they are angled it might be a bit complicated to get the headphone in position to close the zipper. I'm still not worried without a case as they are robust enough for normal days in my bag. I use the case mainly when putting them in my production bag together with lots of cables and small devices like soundcards etc. -- that might rip the pads otherwise.post #15865 of 226688/7/13 at 7:36am
Hmm...i've got $400 and am thinking of getting a pair of these. Want to know though, how big are the pads compared to the momentum? The momentum's pads are really comfortable for me, and i'm thinking of getting the m100 as a complement sound signature wise.post #15866 of 226688/7/13 at 7:54amQuote:
Then you will have no problem, as the inner dimensions of the M-100 is even bigger than the Momentum.post #15867 of 226688/7/13 at 8:06amQuote:
Which brings us to an interesting point which is: should the xl pads work (increased comfort w/o adversely affecting the sq) would v-moda ship new units with only the xl pads? That would make the most sense, surely. If that's the case, the price of these may be lower than we anticipate.post #15868 of 226688/7/13 at 8:10amQuote:Originally Posted by x838nwy
Which brings us to an interesting point which is: should the xl pads work (increased comfort w/o adversely affecting the sq) would v-moda ship new units with only the xl pads? That would make the most sense, surely. If that's the case, the price of these may be lower than we anticipate.
The stock pad is fine for most people, and the XL pad is a nice option but should not be stock. However, what V-MODA should do is to list the BoomPro Mic, CoilPro Cable, and the XL pad as options along with the custom shields, that way when you order you get to pick which one of four you want the most for the bundle.post #15869 of 226688/7/13 at 8:29amQuote:Originally Posted by DrSheep
The stock pad is fine for most people, and the XL pad is a nice option but should not be stock. However, what V-MODA should do is to list the BoomPro Mic, CoilPro Cable, and the XL pad as options along with the custom shields, that way when you order you get to pick which one of four you want the most for the bundle.
Yeah, but if it fits more people... then it's only logical...?post #15870 of 226688/7/13 at 8:48amI personally don't use the case any more since the zipper busted a while ago after only about a month's use...
I have no problems just putting it in my bag with other things like books.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0 1 minute ago
- › Astell&Kern beyerdynamic AK T8iE Review (First Impressions from IFA... 1 minute ago
- › Mitchell & Johnson – Electrostatz Headphones, Kickstarter Edition 2 minutes ago
- › SELL ME YOUR YAMAHA MT220! 4 minutes ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 5 minutes ago
- › The Head-Fi Times "A Ghetto burnout newspaper" 6 minutes ago
- › CHORD HUGO TT (as new & unused) 6 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 7 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 9 minutes ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 10 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio S2 by Jemuillot
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by ryanjsoo
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by hankaberle
- › Accutone Pavo by Cinder
- › Little Dot MK III by Beztis
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Malfunkt
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by bhazard
- › Brainwavz Jive by B9Scrambler
- › iFi Nano iUSB 3.0 Power Supply by Army-Firedawg
- › iFi Pro iCAN by thatonenoob
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...