Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/3/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 11/28/16
To begin with, I would like to thank iFi for making this great tour and allowing some of us to test this product. I've been enjoying my original micro iDSD since January 2015 and it is really a...
-- **This review is a sample portion from the full thread: Meet the Puresounds Earbud Family.** **All photos are taken by me.** **Disclaimer - I was provided the Puresounds...
There comes a time you're bored from your audio gear. You don't have a grand or two for a new set of ultra high end headphones to give you that fresh kick, and electronics costing as much as your...
MY GOD!!! I have just received my headphones! I have been putting them through there initial paces straight from the box, after just 30 mins I have had to come here to let you know my experience so...
At the time this review was written, the Oriveti NEW Primacy was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1058post #15856 of 229998/6/13 at 8:37pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #15857 of 229998/6/13 at 8:43pmpost #15858 of 229998/6/13 at 9:15pm
so are any new pads available at all Mike?
I'd love to review the M100's,
but the pads bug me when attempting longer listening sessions.post #15859 of 229998/6/13 at 9:54pmpost #15860 of 229998/6/13 at 11:18pmWith all the r&D put into the earpads, materials and manufacture process, and assuredly niche market, I was assuming V-MODA would need to recoup costs and the MSRP would be like $40 for a pair. AKG full-size pads are like $60 USD, I think.post #15861 of 229998/7/13 at 12:32amQuote:
This better still be happening, I will not being paying more than $20 for them. That said, these look unbelievably plush.post #15862 of 229998/7/13 at 1:09ampost #15863 of 229998/7/13 at 4:25amQuote:
If it weren't for the laborious R&D/time/money involved, I'd say that V-Moda should redesign a second version of their case to go with the XLs and charge for that version accordingly.
Val mentioned that the M100's pads weren't really designed to be changed regularly, and the experiences of other users seem to have borne that out. I'd still like to wear my headphones on the street, which means I'd need to be able to use a case, but I'd also appreciate the comfort of the new pads, which could mean having to put the case aside permanently.
I'd hate to have to choose between portability and comfort without being able to switch again, but could that be the situation with which we're faced.
Here's something I'd love to see re the next higher-end model of V-Moda headphones:
An ingenious and swift solution to changing the pads -- one that would be built into the design.
Now that Val knows a fair number of headphone buyers eventually choose their mainstays for comfort as well as style and sound -- and that comfort can be very different from person to person -- perhaps he'll apply his team's design ingenuity to detachable pads as well as shields, cables and folding mechanisms. That way, the user could customize not only the look but the feel of their headphones, which could become a whole new level of luxury in the luxury market. It's also the logical extension of the idea of different tips for IEMs.
Having two or three sets of easily switchable pads could also allow the headphones to become an outfit for one's skull -- one with functional accessories -- smaller pads for smaller bags and summer days, etc. We often use different pads from different companies, but this would all come from one company, and would solve the issue of finding comfortable pads for earcups that have an anomalous shape.
With feel customization comes sound modification as well, which would be another level of options for the V-Moda customer.
Here's another issue:
The most comfortable earpads often look a tad ridiculous. The great thing to do would be to design all the pads so that they not only felt and sounded good but looked good on the user, albeit in different ways.
But that would a decision for V-Moda to make: Whether to try to do it all or focus on two out of three elements.
Edited by scrypt - 8/7/13 at 5:03ampost #15864 of 229998/7/13 at 5:04am
... and would maybe even end the demanding threats of not being willing to pay for new pads as the headphone should already have fit in their first generation ;-)
Definitely a good idea. And, I could imagine, a kind of problem Val would be interested in solving. Yes, his mention of the pads not being designed to be changed often made me hesitate as well... and I'm quite content with the existing pads. Would nevertheless be an interesting feature for a future generation of the M-100.
Maybe the XL pads are even soft enough to fit into the existing case, but as they are angled it might be a bit complicated to get the headphone in position to close the zipper. I'm still not worried without a case as they are robust enough for normal days in my bag. I use the case mainly when putting them in my production bag together with lots of cables and small devices like soundcards etc. -- that might rip the pads otherwise.post #15865 of 229998/7/13 at 7:36am
Hmm...i've got $400 and am thinking of getting a pair of these. Want to know though, how big are the pads compared to the momentum? The momentum's pads are really comfortable for me, and i'm thinking of getting the m100 as a complement sound signature wise.post #15866 of 229998/7/13 at 7:54amQuote:
Then you will have no problem, as the inner dimensions of the M-100 is even bigger than the Momentum.post #15867 of 229998/7/13 at 8:06amQuote:
Which brings us to an interesting point which is: should the xl pads work (increased comfort w/o adversely affecting the sq) would v-moda ship new units with only the xl pads? That would make the most sense, surely. If that's the case, the price of these may be lower than we anticipate.post #15868 of 229998/7/13 at 8:10amQuote:Originally Posted by x838nwy
Which brings us to an interesting point which is: should the xl pads work (increased comfort w/o adversely affecting the sq) would v-moda ship new units with only the xl pads? That would make the most sense, surely. If that's the case, the price of these may be lower than we anticipate.
The stock pad is fine for most people, and the XL pad is a nice option but should not be stock. However, what V-MODA should do is to list the BoomPro Mic, CoilPro Cable, and the XL pad as options along with the custom shields, that way when you order you get to pick which one of four you want the most for the bundle.post #15869 of 229998/7/13 at 8:29amQuote:Originally Posted by DrSheep
The stock pad is fine for most people, and the XL pad is a nice option but should not be stock. However, what V-MODA should do is to list the BoomPro Mic, CoilPro Cable, and the XL pad as options along with the custom shields, that way when you order you get to pick which one of four you want the most for the bundle.
Yeah, but if it fits more people... then it's only logical...?post #15870 of 229998/7/13 at 8:48amI personally don't use the case any more since the zipper busted a while ago after only about a month's use...
I have no problems just putting it in my bag with other things like books.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › Holo Audio Spring R2R DAC 1 minute ago
- › Objectivists board room 1 minute ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-SR9 - Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Classical music discussion, what do you like? 2 minutes ago
- › Cowon PLENUE M2 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 3 minutes ago
- › Mitchell & Johnson - Electrostatz, 2 way hybrid, Headphones... 3 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor / DAP || USB DAC || USB... 6 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › AKG K92 | Over Ear Closed Back Monitoring Headphone by SaturnVuk
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear