- 16 Posts. Joined 10/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 6/26/15
I first joined Head-Fi in November of 2014. At the time I owned a couple of pairs of IEM’s, and had just purchased my first DAP (Fiio X3) and over ear headphones (Sennheiser HD598). I really...
So these headphones only came-in for me three days ago. I got them used on Amazon for $240, and have listened to them about 10 hours a day (seriously) since I got them, for a total of over 30...
Before I start this review, I would like to thank Creative for sending out a Roar 2 unit to me. I’m quite surprised myself that prior to this, I had never heard a Creative product before, despite...
The Rockmaster OE (along with its sister product the Rockmaster IE) is a new offering from Encore that explores crowdfunding as a way to produce high quality yet low priced items. They can do this...
The Rockmaster IE is a new offering from Encore that explores crowdfunding as a way to produce high quality yet low priced items. They can do this by selecting OEM manufacturers and customizing the...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1049post #15721 of 219557/26/13 at 8:51pmHey guys, I haven't really been on head-fi lately. What's the latest news on the XL pads?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #15722 of 219557/26/13 at 8:52pmQuote:
Nothing yet. Still waiting.post #15723 of 219557/26/13 at 8:53pmpost #15724 of 219557/26/13 at 8:54pmpost #15725 of 219557/26/13 at 10:56pm
This picture is taken from the description page of the V-MODA BoomPro Mic.post #15726 of 219557/26/13 at 10:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by DrSheep
A lot of people don't know that you can easily fix the cable fray with a lighter. I learn this in the Army, and all you need to do is to hold the flame close and burnout the fray. Just make sure that you move the flame around so it doesn't actually burn the cable itself.
I used your lighter fix and my cable is now fray-free. I also have these cool burn marks all up and down my cable now.post #15727 of 219557/28/13 at 4:20ampost #15728 of 219557/28/13 at 10:06amQuote:
The pads are synthetic so no issues with those wipes. I use them.post #15729 of 219557/28/13 at 7:34pmQuote:
Shouldn't be long now!
BTW, how does the CMOYBB work with the M100?post #15730 of 219557/28/13 at 9:43pmQuote:
Works great. Separation and soundstage improve slightly and the bass boost is amazing if you're in one of those moods. It's a little muddy compared to the FiiO E17, but for $60 it's a gem.post #15731 of 219557/29/13 at 5:31am
As it looks like the official XL pads are going to take a while... I'm trying to design an "adaptor" to fit larger and more confortable pads in the M-100 cans, thanks to some 3D-printing magic at home. Hopefully that'll be a temporal solution when using the headphone at the office for long periods of time.
I made a piece of plastic that fits safely in the hexagonal shape and has a different shape in the outside to fit a different pad. So far I made a circular adaptor to fit some cheap velour beyerdinamic pads that I got from eBay - they are a little too big but I'm happy with the result!
What pads do you guys think would be a good match for the M-100? That's obviously just a temporal solution as it affects the sounds dramatically but it's a lot of fun as well
Edited by davidzomec - 7/29/13 at 5:32ampost #15732 of 219557/29/13 at 7:36amYou can try some Beyerdinamic DT250 in velour. I can't wait to see the pictures. This might bring me back to the M-100 as I have access as well to 3D printing. Which printer are you going to use?post #15733 of 219557/29/13 at 7:50ampost #15734 of 219557/29/13 at 9:42amWow, 3D printers are mainstream now? That's pretty crazy. That Solidoodle thing retails for less than my normal colour laser printer. What do the "printouts" look like? Are they actually high quality like plastic products you would buy in a store, or is it more like a 3D version of a pixelated image?post #15735 of 219557/29/13 at 9:43amQuote:Originally Posted by blueangel2323
Wow, 3D printers are mainstream now? That's pretty crazy. That Solidoodle thing retails for less than my normal colour laser printer. What do the "printouts" look like? Are they actually high quality like plastic products you would buy in a store, or is it more like a 3D version of a pixelated image?
Go watch "The Ben Heck Show" on YouTube and you will understand.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › Need help finding a great pair of headphones please (details inside) 37 seconds ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 1 minute ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 1 minute ago
- › I Finished My First Ever DIY Project! Bottlehead Crack! 2 minutes ago
- › Headphone amplifier 4 minutes ago
- › This maybe stretching it, but, headphones on this budget.. 4 minutes ago
- › Over-ear Closed cans recommendation ($300) 5 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 5 minutes ago
- › Technics EAH-T700 - An Impressive High-End 2-Way Headphone 7 minutes ago
- › New Nagra HD DAC 7 minutes ago
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by hakushondaimao
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by goodyfresh
- › Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Portable NFC Bluetooth Speaker with... by lin0003
- › Encore RockMaster OE by Armaegis
- › Encore RockMaster IE by Armaegis
- › Final Audio Design Heaven VII by AndrewH13
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by HiFiChris
- › Brainwavz Jive by Hisoundfi
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by BloodyPenguin
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2