- 16 Posts. Joined 10/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 1/22/15
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Cayin for providing me with a review sample of their new flagship N6 DAP which is currently available on Amazon and from other retailers like...
After picking these up from the Sony Store about a year ago, I can say that these are definitely not worth the $350-$400 price tag. Luckily, I picked them up for around $180 and to me, this seems...
First of all the reason I rate the SE215 5/5* is primarily because of the value it presents under the $100 mark. You will be extremely hard pressed to find a pair of IEMs at this price considering...
I'm all about best use on a budget for a specific person and lifestyle. In my case, the Jaybird Bluebud X's were fantastic. You can check out my review on head fi here, but I also have an older...
SENNHEISER URBANITE XL REVIEW Full sized headphones haven't been part of my usage options for quite some time now. I used to own a Sony MDR-1R but despite the excellent comfort and decent sound my...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1049post #15721 of 213747/26/13 at 8:51pmHey guys, I haven't really been on head-fi lately. What's the latest news on the XL pads?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #15722 of 213747/26/13 at 8:52pmQuote:
Nothing yet. Still waiting.post #15723 of 213747/26/13 at 8:53pmpost #15724 of 213747/26/13 at 8:54pmpost #15725 of 213747/26/13 at 10:56pm
This picture is taken from the description page of the V-MODA BoomPro Mic.post #15726 of 213747/26/13 at 10:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by DrSheep
A lot of people don't know that you can easily fix the cable fray with a lighter. I learn this in the Army, and all you need to do is to hold the flame close and burnout the fray. Just make sure that you move the flame around so it doesn't actually burn the cable itself.
I used your lighter fix and my cable is now fray-free. I also have these cool burn marks all up and down my cable now.post #15727 of 213747/28/13 at 4:20ampost #15728 of 213747/28/13 at 10:06amQuote:
The pads are synthetic so no issues with those wipes. I use them.post #15729 of 213747/28/13 at 7:34pmQuote:
Shouldn't be long now!
BTW, how does the CMOYBB work with the M100?post #15730 of 213747/28/13 at 9:43pmQuote:
Works great. Separation and soundstage improve slightly and the bass boost is amazing if you're in one of those moods. It's a little muddy compared to the FiiO E17, but for $60 it's a gem.post #15731 of 213747/29/13 at 5:31am
As it looks like the official XL pads are going to take a while... I'm trying to design an "adaptor" to fit larger and more confortable pads in the M-100 cans, thanks to some 3D-printing magic at home. Hopefully that'll be a temporal solution when using the headphone at the office for long periods of time.
I made a piece of plastic that fits safely in the hexagonal shape and has a different shape in the outside to fit a different pad. So far I made a circular adaptor to fit some cheap velour beyerdinamic pads that I got from eBay - they are a little too big but I'm happy with the result!
What pads do you guys think would be a good match for the M-100? That's obviously just a temporal solution as it affects the sounds dramatically but it's a lot of fun as well
Edited by davidzomec - 7/29/13 at 5:32ampost #15732 of 213747/29/13 at 7:36amYou can try some Beyerdinamic DT250 in velour. I can't wait to see the pictures. This might bring me back to the M-100 as I have access as well to 3D printing. Which printer are you going to use?post #15733 of 213747/29/13 at 7:50ampost #15734 of 213747/29/13 at 9:42amWow, 3D printers are mainstream now? That's pretty crazy. That Solidoodle thing retails for less than my normal colour laser printer. What do the "printouts" look like? Are they actually high quality like plastic products you would buy in a store, or is it more like a 3D version of a pixelated image?post #15735 of 213747/29/13 at 9:43amQuote:Originally Posted by blueangel2323
Wow, 3D printers are mainstream now? That's pretty crazy. That Solidoodle thing retails for less than my normal colour laser printer. What do the "printouts" look like? Are they actually high quality like plastic products you would buy in a store, or is it more like a 3D version of a pixelated image?
Go watch "The Ben Heck Show" on YouTube and you will understand.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 35 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › Firestone Audio Fireye Mini+ 2 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Appreciation & Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › EarWerkz Legend R. 8 Driver, 7-Way, 6-Crossover Flagship |... 5 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-3 balanced portable dac/amp 7 minutes ago
- › Questyle QP1 8 minutes ago
- › New Audeze "Prototype-Z"! 10 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 10 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by twister6
- › Sony XBA-4SL by cuiter23
- › Shure SE215 by cuiter23
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by ActiveTechREV
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by d marc0
- › HIFIMAN RE300a(Black) InLine Control Earphone by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by mark2410
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by DJScope
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by CJ09
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by ActiveTechREV
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3