- 16 Posts. Joined 10/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 12/10/15
(PS: Some content here may be a no-brainer for most but is just there for the less-informed). Please also ignore any errors, judgements. I'm a medio-phile and not an audiophile so, judge...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1049post #15721 of 227357/26/13 at 8:51pmHey guys, I haven't really been on head-fi lately. What's the latest news on the XL pads?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #15722 of 227357/26/13 at 8:52pmQuote:
Nothing yet. Still waiting.post #15723 of 227357/26/13 at 8:53pmpost #15724 of 227357/26/13 at 8:54pmpost #15725 of 227357/26/13 at 10:56pm
This picture is taken from the description page of the V-MODA BoomPro Mic.post #15726 of 227357/26/13 at 10:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by DrSheep
A lot of people don't know that you can easily fix the cable fray with a lighter. I learn this in the Army, and all you need to do is to hold the flame close and burnout the fray. Just make sure that you move the flame around so it doesn't actually burn the cable itself.
I used your lighter fix and my cable is now fray-free. I also have these cool burn marks all up and down my cable now.post #15727 of 227357/28/13 at 4:20ampost #15728 of 227357/28/13 at 10:06amQuote:
The pads are synthetic so no issues with those wipes. I use them.post #15729 of 227357/28/13 at 7:34pmQuote:
Shouldn't be long now!
BTW, how does the CMOYBB work with the M100?post #15730 of 227357/28/13 at 9:43pmQuote:
Works great. Separation and soundstage improve slightly and the bass boost is amazing if you're in one of those moods. It's a little muddy compared to the FiiO E17, but for $60 it's a gem.post #15731 of 227357/29/13 at 5:31am
As it looks like the official XL pads are going to take a while... I'm trying to design an "adaptor" to fit larger and more confortable pads in the M-100 cans, thanks to some 3D-printing magic at home. Hopefully that'll be a temporal solution when using the headphone at the office for long periods of time.
I made a piece of plastic that fits safely in the hexagonal shape and has a different shape in the outside to fit a different pad. So far I made a circular adaptor to fit some cheap velour beyerdinamic pads that I got from eBay - they are a little too big but I'm happy with the result!
What pads do you guys think would be a good match for the M-100? That's obviously just a temporal solution as it affects the sounds dramatically but it's a lot of fun as well
Edited by davidzomec - 7/29/13 at 5:32ampost #15732 of 227357/29/13 at 7:36amYou can try some Beyerdinamic DT250 in velour. I can't wait to see the pictures. This might bring me back to the M-100 as I have access as well to 3D printing. Which printer are you going to use?post #15733 of 227357/29/13 at 7:50ampost #15734 of 227357/29/13 at 9:42amWow, 3D printers are mainstream now? That's pretty crazy. That Solidoodle thing retails for less than my normal colour laser printer. What do the "printouts" look like? Are they actually high quality like plastic products you would buy in a store, or is it more like a 3D version of a pixelated image?post #15735 of 227357/29/13 at 9:43amQuote:Originally Posted by blueangel2323
Wow, 3D printers are mainstream now? That's pretty crazy. That Solidoodle thing retails for less than my normal colour laser printer. What do the "printouts" look like? Are they actually high quality like plastic products you would buy in a store, or is it more like a 3D version of a pixelated image?
Go watch "The Ben Heck Show" on YouTube and you will understand.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 11 seconds ago
- › HIFIME 9018D USB DAC 1 minute ago
- › Best Sub-100$ CHINESE Brands EARPHONES Thread- Hidden Gems,... 1 minute ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Launch (With Impressions) - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Superlux Express Train 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › LIKE NEW LCD2 Leather Earpads 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SE215 by Nick Walters
- › E-mu Teak Headphones by AT Khan
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Brainwavz Jive by Lurk650
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by k4rstar
- › Bluedio U (UFO) PPS 8 Drivers Over-ear Bluetooth Wireless Headphone... by Peddler
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by earfonia
- › Monoprice Premium 8323 Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro Headphone by 93EXCivic
- › LEAR LHF-AE1d hybrid fit earphones by mark2410
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...