- 16 Posts. Joined 10/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 1/22/15
I bought this headphone as part of a search for an birthday present for my little brother (going for that brother of the year award, he deserved it). I tested and listened to the DT 770 pro 32 ohm...
Intro/Setup The full-size closed under $200 category is a very popular one among pro’s and casual listeners alike. The most similar competitor to this I own is the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro...
Fantastic sound quality! Very clean, detailed and balanced sound. Really strong power for high impedance headphones. Best buy until US 250,00.. It can drive easily my AKG K702 (famous for being...
Great sound, strong bass, great construct quality, very confortable, warm sound. This is a real overall headphone. Everything will sound good on it (not a real reference headphone). Fantastic for...
Great sound, great tone, very well balanced, very clean, great bass (not lacking), detailed sound. Everything sounds great on the SENNHEISER HD 598.
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1049post #15721 of 215677/26/13 at 8:51pmHey guys, I haven't really been on head-fi lately. What's the latest news on the XL pads?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #15722 of 215677/26/13 at 8:52pmQuote:
Nothing yet. Still waiting.post #15723 of 215677/26/13 at 8:53pmpost #15724 of 215677/26/13 at 8:54pmpost #15725 of 215677/26/13 at 10:56pm
This picture is taken from the description page of the V-MODA BoomPro Mic.post #15726 of 215677/26/13 at 10:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by DrSheep
A lot of people don't know that you can easily fix the cable fray with a lighter. I learn this in the Army, and all you need to do is to hold the flame close and burnout the fray. Just make sure that you move the flame around so it doesn't actually burn the cable itself.
I used your lighter fix and my cable is now fray-free. I also have these cool burn marks all up and down my cable now.post #15727 of 215677/28/13 at 4:20ampost #15728 of 215677/28/13 at 10:06amQuote:
The pads are synthetic so no issues with those wipes. I use them.post #15729 of 215677/28/13 at 7:34pmQuote:
Shouldn't be long now!
BTW, how does the CMOYBB work with the M100?post #15730 of 215677/28/13 at 9:43pmQuote:
Works great. Separation and soundstage improve slightly and the bass boost is amazing if you're in one of those moods. It's a little muddy compared to the FiiO E17, but for $60 it's a gem.post #15731 of 215677/29/13 at 5:31am
As it looks like the official XL pads are going to take a while... I'm trying to design an "adaptor" to fit larger and more confortable pads in the M-100 cans, thanks to some 3D-printing magic at home. Hopefully that'll be a temporal solution when using the headphone at the office for long periods of time.
I made a piece of plastic that fits safely in the hexagonal shape and has a different shape in the outside to fit a different pad. So far I made a circular adaptor to fit some cheap velour beyerdinamic pads that I got from eBay - they are a little too big but I'm happy with the result!
What pads do you guys think would be a good match for the M-100? That's obviously just a temporal solution as it affects the sounds dramatically but it's a lot of fun as well
Edited by davidzomec - 7/29/13 at 5:32ampost #15732 of 215677/29/13 at 7:36amYou can try some Beyerdinamic DT250 in velour. I can't wait to see the pictures. This might bring me back to the M-100 as I have access as well to 3D printing. Which printer are you going to use?post #15733 of 215677/29/13 at 7:50ampost #15734 of 215677/29/13 at 9:42amWow, 3D printers are mainstream now? That's pretty crazy. That Solidoodle thing retails for less than my normal colour laser printer. What do the "printouts" look like? Are they actually high quality like plastic products you would buy in a store, or is it more like a 3D version of a pixelated image?post #15735 of 215677/29/13 at 9:43amQuote:Originally Posted by blueangel2323
Wow, 3D printers are mainstream now? That's pretty crazy. That Solidoodle thing retails for less than my normal colour laser printer. What do the "printouts" look like? Are they actually high quality like plastic products you would buy in a store, or is it more like a 3D version of a pixelated image?
Go watch "The Ben Heck Show" on YouTube and you will understand.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 4 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 5 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 5 minutes ago
- › Westone 4 Impressions and Reviews Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Chicago Area Meet - Saturday April 25 - Part of the Ear Gear Expo... 10 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 12 minutes ago
- › FS: Audez'e LCD-3 FAZOR w/ Q-Audio Cable/Single-Ended Cable GREAT... 13 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 13 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohm by goropeza
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by rigodeni
- › Matrix M-Stage by Johannus
- › Pioneer HDJ-2000 Reference Professional Dj Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Black by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser RS 185 RF Wireless Headphone System by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by DJScope
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2