Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1048

post #15706 of 21060
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGWiZaRD View Post

 

Midbass = fast decay (solid "hit", compare hitting a hammer against a table kind of experience or whatever), subbass = slow decay (Home theater "rumbliness" bass, softer impact).

 

I'm of a slightly different opinion. To me, narrow-band bass = solid hit; wide-band bass = softer impact

So yes, if you have mostly midbass, it will be a solid hit.

But if you have mostly subbass, it will also be a solid hit.

If you have roughly equal amounts of midbass and subbass, it will feel softer because the impact is diffused.

 

Try listening to a kick drum, but use EQ to alternate between midbass and subbass emphasis. Both will give you a solid kick (I personally prefer the subbass kick). But without EQ, the impact is less sharp.

post #15707 of 21060
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueangel2323 View Post

 

I'm of a slightly different opinion. To me, narrow-band bass = solid hit; wide-band bass = softer impact

So yes, if you have mostly midbass, it will be a solid hit.

But if you have mostly subbass, it will also be a solid hit.

If you have roughly equal amounts of midbass and subbass, it will feel softer because the impact is diffused.

 

Try listening to a kick drum, but use EQ to alternate between midbass and subbass emphasis. Both will give you a solid kick (I personally prefer the subbass kick). But without EQ, the impact is less sharp.

 

I've had DT770 Pro and XB700 which are very subbass focused headphones, I wouldn't call their bass performance as "solid hit". I agree narrow-band boosted bass will lead to more punchy bass though but I think a peak at midbass or say 80 - 150Hz range especially will produce punchier bass than at say a bass boost peaked or centered around 50Hz.

If you want maximum bass impact I think Q40-like, 80Hz centered bass curve that has roughly equal starting roll-off at 150Hz or so as 40Hz will lead to best results or pretty close to ideal anyway. At least it's better than having one that goes flat to like 10Hz and rolls off past 150Hz.

 

This is also noticeable with ZO amp whose bass peak goes deeper and more narrow the higher the bass boost level.


Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 7/25/13 at 9:04am
post #15708 of 21060

i got awesome news today..

After mailing the reseller and telling him "i can't stand the wait please give me good news"

he email'd me telling me as soon as they get in he would personally let me now ;-)

 

And today i got my track&trace…tomorrow i finally / hopefully will get my M-100 …

 

AWSOME , and for the occasion i ordered a Fiio E17 …

Let the good times roll ;-)

post #15709 of 21060

Congrats and hopefully you will get your M-100 soon.

post #15710 of 21060
When I first took them out of the case they looked so tiny that I had to check the model number to make sure they didn't accidentally give me an M-80. lol
post #15711 of 21060
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueangel2323 View Post

When I first took them out of the case they looked so tiny that I had to check the model number to make sure they didn't accidentally give me an M-80. lol

LOL, the M-80 doesn't fold dude!

post #15712 of 21060
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSheep View Post

LOL, the M-80 doesn't fold dude!

 

lol yeah but I'd forgotten that. Seriously, how did they manage to make an over-ear with 50mm drivers that's almost the same size as most on-ears? They are over-ear for me (barely), by the way, and I have no problems with comfort. I would consider them slightly above average in comfort - my benchmark for "average" being the Shure 440. The pads aren't super soft and comfy like 1R or D600, but not that bad either. My ears feel snug and touch the pads/driver a bit but it doesn't cause any real discomfort.
post #15713 of 21060

Is that a shadow M-100 hooked up to the new VentureCraft SounDroid Typhoon smily_headphones1.gif:

 

 

Val, if this is your next project, then I will be holding off from importing theirs.

post #15714 of 21060
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSheep View Post

Is that a shadow M-100 hooked up to the new VentureCraft SounDroid Typhoon smily_headphones1.gif:

 

 

Val, if this is your next project, then I will be holding off from importing theirs.

 

Try M-80. There is no second port on the other earcup. They also look a bit small. But still, a V-Moda headphone and all. 

post #15715 of 21060

Hello! I am looking for some help with connecting my Boom Pro mic to an Xbox 360. The game sound is set up correctly but the mic is the problem. I am trying to connect the mic to the Xbox controller the same way you would with a PC headset. I am using the provided V-MODA PC Mic Adapter so I have access to just the mic. I am using a 3.5mm stereo jack to a 2.5mm stereo plug to connect the mic to the Xbox controller.  ( The adapter was from Radioshack )  

 

I have seen this done many times on Youtube  with a regular PC headset and do not understand why this is not working with the Boom Pro. You can find a kit that is set up the same way here. As soon as I plug in the Boom Pro, the Xbox says there is no mic connected to the controller. With just the Radioshack adapter plugged in, the xbox detects a mic but with no sound. As soon as the Boom Pro gets plugged in, it says no mic detected. I have tested this same connection with the provided one button mic that came with the M-100. No sound is coming through on its mic, but it does not shut of as soon as it is plugged in.

 

I know that the Broom Pro works fine because I have tested it on my iPhone, I know that the PC Mic adapter is working because it works with my laptop, and I know the adapter is working because I can play songs from my phone in to the Xbox controller and other can hear it. Also there is no problem with the controller because I have tested it on 3 different controllers.

 

Any ideas would be appreciated!

post #15716 of 21060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor822 View Post

Hello! I am looking for some help with connecting my Boom Pro mic to an Xbox 360. The game sound is set up correctly but the mic is the problem. I am trying to connect the mic to the Xbox controller the same way you would with a PC headset. I am using the provided V-MODA PC Mic Adapter so I have access to just the mic. I am using a 3.5mm stereo jack to a 2.5mm stereo plug to connect the mic to the Xbox controller.  ( The adapter was from Radioshack )  

 

I have seen this done many times on Youtube  with a regular PC headset and do not understand why this is not working with the Boom Pro. You can find a kit that is set up the same way here. As soon as I plug in the Boom Pro, the Xbox says there is no mic connected to the controller. With just the Radioshack adapter plugged in, the xbox detects a mic but with no sound. As soon as the Boom Pro gets plugged in, it says no mic detected. I have tested this same connection with the provided one button mic that came with the M-100. No sound is coming through on its mic, but it does not shut of as soon as it is plugged in.

 

I know that the Broom Pro works fine because I have tested it on my iPhone, I know that the PC Mic adapter is working because it works with my laptop, and I know the adapter is working because I can play songs from my phone in to the Xbox controller and other can hear it. Also there is no problem with the controller because I have tested it on 3 different controllers.

 

Any ideas would be appreciated!

 

You may need something like this.  

 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0060F1AR6/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=xjackercom-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0060F1AR6

 

I think it has something to do with the pin-out being different for the X-Box controller's headset input plug than it is on a standard cell-phone.  Totally guessing here, based on what little research I've done on the web.  

post #15717 of 21060

So a little bit further research.  

 

 

V-Moda pinout:

 

http://pinoutsguide.com/HeadsetsHeadphones/v-moda_headphones_pinout.shtml

 

 

X-Box 360 headset pinout:

 

http://pinoutsguide.com/HeadsetsHeadphones/xbox_live_headset_pinout.shtml

 

 

This would seem to explain why they don't work.  Getting the adapter above would solve this problem since it converts from the M-100 into a 2-jack "PC" style connection into both the 3.5>2.5 jack for the mic and the RCA's for headset audio.  

 

Hope this helps!   

post #15718 of 21060
For Chatting and sound through the Xbox I am using an Astro Mixamp. It's the only really way I've found to do it and do it well.
post #15719 of 21060

Thank you Speakerphile and dbdynsty25 for replies.

 

The Pinouts Gide website has information that I have never been able to find on my own so It is very useful to have!

 

When it comes to the Boom Pro cable, I am using the V-MODA PC Mic Adapter so the M-100 becomes a 2-jack "PC" style connection. I am trying to set up the M-100 Mic the same as a this picture shows here:

 

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/videogames/detail-page/sc_b0060f1ar6-04hiwlg.jpg

 

The thing that is confusing to me is that I have the M-100 Mic set up the same as that kit but it isn't working. All the cables work but the Xbox just does not want to accept the Boom Pro. 

 

So in the end, I will probably end up trying that kit to see if their adapter works any better than mine. And if that doesn't work, the Mix amp is probably the best option. 

 

Thanks!

post #15720 of 21060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor822 View Post

Thank you Speakerphile and dbdynsty25 for replies.

 

The Pinouts Gide website has information that I have never been able to find on my own so It is very useful to have!

 

When it comes to the Boom Pro cable, I am using the V-MODA PC Mic Adapter so the M-100 becomes a 2-jack "PC" style connection. I am trying to set up the M-100 Mic the same as a this picture shows here:

 

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/videogames/detail-page/sc_b0060f1ar6-04hiwlg.jpg

 

The thing that is confusing to me is that I have the M-100 Mic set up the same as that kit but it isn't working. All the cables work but the Xbox just does not want to accept the Boom Pro. 

 

So in the end, I will probably end up trying that kit to see if their adapter works any better than mine. And if that doesn't work, the Mix amp is probably the best option. 

 

Thanks!

Your 3.5 to 2.5 being a four-pin is probably the issue.  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.