- 3,387 Posts. Joined 3/2009
- Location: Pittsburgh, PA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- First headphone Last post on 12/18/12 at 6:15am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/21/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 7/3/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 7/6/14
Trebuchet HiFiMan Balanced Cable Teflon over UP-OCC: Ultra Pure Ohno Continous Cast Copper Viablue Y Splitter Switchcraft 4 pin XLR Ordered 5 ft length So a bit of background here. I...
I used this a a record cleaning machine... it served me well through college and frankly, was "good enough". I got pretty amazing results mounting the turntable on a shelf bolted to a frame that...
Specs; Deep bass sound reproduction with 50mm Neodymium driver unit and ring port structure- cans need 50-100 hours burn-in Ring port structure provides high-quality dynamic sound- it is...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION The first I heard about RHA (or Reid Heath Acoustics) was a thread on Head-Fi calling for...
FIIO'S E11K KILIMANJARO 2 INTRODUCTION Fiio is a Chinese maker of audio equipment that has become well known for offering good gear at highly competitive prices. With a lineup of...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1044post #15646 of 212007/20/13 at 2:02pmI haven't swapped on the sunburst orange shields for my M-100 yet, will need to. I understand the driver love, we have excellent ones at work that are very precise and have a tension safety that prevents over tightening, very cool ($80 screwdriver, lol).
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #15647 of 212007/20/13 at 3:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by DrGonzo
Getting ready to order the midnight blue shields from V-moda and was wondering what size hex wrench is needed for the hex screws. I understand that the shields will come with an Allen key, but I don't trust that it will be made of quality steel and am afraid of possibly stripping the screws. I used to build hobby-grade RC cars and have high-end hex drivers both SAE and Metric, so I am positive I will have the right size and hex drivers are easier to use than Allen keys.
Metric 1.5mm, 1/16 won't work.post #15648 of 212007/20/13 at 3:41pmpost #15649 of 212007/21/13 at 5:00pm
I don't know if my head is big or what but if I where my ball cap (which I often do), these things have to be extended all the way to fit. Aside from that, I can't say enough good things about the v-modas. I love their tone and I'm quickly turning my coworkers onto hi-end headphones with them. :-)post #15650 of 212007/22/13 at 5:02ampost #15651 of 212007/22/13 at 5:05ampost #15652 of 212007/22/13 at 5:07am
To me, I notice a difference. As in to the point I noticed it within just switching to the M-100 cable for the first time.
The M-100 cable to me feels more bassier and less full sounding. Very weird, I'll say, but I don't know why I am noticing these things..post #15653 of 212007/22/13 at 5:11ampost #15654 of 212007/22/13 at 5:16amQuote:
Oh, they're pretty much identical. Just different colours.post #15655 of 212007/22/13 at 6:02am
My guess is it's an issue of quality control between the two physical cables you have. If you look on V-MODA's website, you'll notice that they're simply selling a "1-Button SpeakEasy Cable" and an "Audio Only Cable", not M-100- and M-80-specific varieties.post #15656 of 212007/22/13 at 6:07amQuote:
Yes, I am aware of that. Its just I never expected two cables to be different like this. I'm going to hope its just a faulty one, and so I'll buy a $12 cable from V-Moda hoping it'll be like my M-80's one.
I'm just going from what I'm experiencing between the two stock cables.post #15657 of 212007/22/13 at 6:12ampost #15658 of 212007/22/13 at 6:17amQuote:
Hopefully its my head.
It was weird, I tell you.post #15659 of 212007/22/13 at 9:10amSeriously after 3 days listening to the M-100, i don't think they're bassy. The bass is really weak. I can't feel any rumble or impact at all. Before received the M-100, i'd expected they have a massive amount of bass, at least equal or even better than the M-80 or the M50, but now i kinda dissapointedpost #15660 of 212007/22/13 at 9:32amQuote:Originally Posted by legendcheater
Seriously after 3 days listening to the M-100, i don't think they're bassy. The bass is really weak. I can't feel any rumble or impact at all. Before received the M-100, i'd expected they have a massive amount of bass, at least equal or even better than the M-80 or the M50, but now i kinda dissapointed
Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- You might need to burn it in more.
- what's your source?
- go to an Apple Store and try the Bowers and Wilkins P5 and see if that bass is good enough for you. The M-100 by no means lack bass so I think something is not quite right here. I just demoed the B&O H6 this weekend and it has NO bass at all. Therefore, in comparsion, the M-100 should have a decent amount of bass out of the box, even just listen from an iPhone at 50% volume with flat EQ.
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 26 seconds ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 34 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 59 seconds ago
- › REVIEW: HiFiman HM-601 1 minute ago
- › TV: Sound bar or 5.1 ? 2 minutes ago
- › Something to keep th' noise out (earbuds/closed headphones <$100) 3 minutes ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 3 minutes ago
- › Looking to Purchase New headphones, Any Help Appreciated 3 minutes ago
- › Germanium's Sound blaster ZXR mod thread 3 minutes ago
- › Need headphones, amp for country and classic rock 4 minutes ago
- › Zynsonix Trebuchet HiFiMan Balanced Cable by BeatsWork
- › Mitsubishi LT-30 by Golden Ears
- › JVC HARX700 High-Grade Full-Size Headphone by ajlan
- › RHA T10i by Brooko
- › FiiO E11K by thatonenoob
- › AKG K3003 by GUO XIAOZHOU
- › iBasso DX50 DAP by AudioGG
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › Joinhandmade Jelly Ear In Ear Headphones by thatonenoob
- › Grado Statement Series GS1000i Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)