Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1044

post #15646 of 21200
I haven't swapped on the sunburst orange shields for my M-100 yet, will need to. I understand the driver love, we have excellent ones at work that are very precise and have a tension safety that prevents over tightening, very cool ($80 screwdriver, lol).
post #15647 of 21200
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGonzo View Post

Getting ready to order the midnight blue shields from V-moda and was wondering what size hex wrench is needed for the hex screws. I understand that the shields will come with an Allen key, but I don't trust that it will be made of quality steel and am afraid of possibly stripping the screws. I used to build hobby-grade RC cars and have high-end hex drivers both SAE and Metric, so I am positive I will have the right size and hex drivers are easier to use than Allen keys.

Thanks.

Metric 1.5mm, 1/16 won't work.

post #15648 of 21200
Thanks, DrSheep, got it.
post #15649 of 21200

I don't know if my head is big or what but if I where my ball cap (which I often do), these things have to be extended all the way to fit. Aside from that, I can't say enough good things about the v-modas. I love their tone and I'm quickly turning my coworkers onto hi-end headphones with them. :-)

post #15650 of 21200
To the M-80 and M-100 owners..have you guys noticed the M-100's sound better with the M-80 cables, or is it just me?
post #15651 of 21200
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBleu View Post

To the M-80 and M-100 owners..have you guys noticed the M-100's sound better with the M-80 cables, or is it just me?

Is there a difference between the two?
post #15652 of 21200
Quote:
Originally Posted by x838nwy View Post

Is there a difference between the two?

To me, I notice a difference. As in to the point I noticed it within just switching to the M-100 cable for the first time.

The M-100 cable to me feels more bassier and less full sounding. Very weird, I'll say, but I don't know why I am noticing these things..
post #15653 of 21200
Sorry, i meant a physical difference (like length, gauge, etc). I don't own an m-80 but just interested.
post #15654 of 21200
Quote:
Originally Posted by x838nwy View Post

Sorry, i meant a physical difference (like length, gauge, etc). I don't own an m-80 but just interested.

Oh, they're pretty much identical. Just different colours.
post #15655 of 21200

My guess is it's an issue of quality control between the two physical cables you have. If you look on V-MODA's website, you'll notice that they're simply selling a "1-Button SpeakEasy Cable" and an "Audio Only Cable", not M-100- and M-80-specific varieties.

post #15656 of 21200
Quote:
Originally Posted by epithetless View Post

My guess is it's an issue of quality control between the two physical cables you have. If you look on V-MODA's website, you'll notice that they're simply selling a "1-Button SpeakEasy Cable" and an "Audio Only Cable", not M-100- and M-80-specific varieties.

Yes, I am aware of that. Its just I never expected two cables to be different like this. I'm going to hope its just a faulty one, and so I'll buy a $12 cable from V-Moda hoping it'll be like my M-80's one.

I'm just going from what I'm experiencing between the two stock cables.
post #15657 of 21200

I am sorry to say, but I do think it's just in your head.  However, I would love to see more color combos on cable...

post #15658 of 21200
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSheep View Post

I am sorry to say, but I do think it's just in your head.  However, I would love to see more color combos on cable...

Hopefully its my head.

It was weird, I tell you.
post #15659 of 21200
Seriously after 3 days listening to the M-100, i don't think they're bassy. The bass is really weak. I can't feel any rumble or impact at all. Before received the M-100, i'd expected they have a massive amount of bass, at least equal or even better than the M-80 or the M50, but now i kinda dissapointed frown.gif
post #15660 of 21200
Quote:
Originally Posted by legendcheater View Post

Seriously after 3 days listening to the M-100, i don't think they're bassy. The bass is really weak. I can't feel any rumble or impact at all. Before received the M-100, i'd expected they have a massive amount of bass, at least equal or even better than the M-80 or the M50, but now i kinda dissapointed frown.gif
  1. You might need to burn it in more.
  2. what's your source?
  3. go to an Apple Store and try the Bowers and Wilkins P5 and see if that bass is good enough for you.  The M-100 by no means lack bass so I think something is not quite right here.  I just demoed the B&O H6 this weekend and it has NO bass at all.  Therefore, in comparsion, the M-100 should have a decent amount of bass out of the box, even just listen from an iPhone at 50% volume with flat EQ.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.