- 4,661 Posts. Joined 3/2009
- Location: Pittsburgh, PA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 12/10/15
The sound signature on these can be described as almost "Grado"esque. They have a mid/high forward sound that makes them great for guitar rock. They don't have the harsh treble that is...
DOI: I don't get to listen to new gear a lot so I may not be any use at answering questions about comparisons to anything other than my own stuff (which may or may not be considered esoteric). I...
Greetings Head-fi, Today, we are going to be taking a look at the QKZ W1 Pro. This is a budget-minded, sports-focused, earphone that offers some great value for those looking to purchase...
Before I begin, I'd like to thank @NLNH for sending me a set free of charge in exchange for my review. I will try and be as honest and truthful as I can in my review regardless. To be honest, when...
DUNU TITAN 5 Quick Review Thanks to DUNU for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/806906/dunu-titan-5-review-by-mark2410 Brief: DUNU have triplets. Price: £95 or...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1044post #15646 of 225327/20/13 at 2:02pmI haven't swapped on the sunburst orange shields for my M-100 yet, will need to. I understand the driver love, we have excellent ones at work that are very precise and have a tension safety that prevents over tightening, very cool ($80 screwdriver, lol).
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #15647 of 225327/20/13 at 3:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by DrGonzo
Getting ready to order the midnight blue shields from V-moda and was wondering what size hex wrench is needed for the hex screws. I understand that the shields will come with an Allen key, but I don't trust that it will be made of quality steel and am afraid of possibly stripping the screws. I used to build hobby-grade RC cars and have high-end hex drivers both SAE and Metric, so I am positive I will have the right size and hex drivers are easier to use than Allen keys.
Metric 1.5mm, 1/16 won't work.post #15648 of 225327/20/13 at 3:41pmpost #15649 of 225327/21/13 at 5:00pm
I don't know if my head is big or what but if I where my ball cap (which I often do), these things have to be extended all the way to fit. Aside from that, I can't say enough good things about the v-modas. I love their tone and I'm quickly turning my coworkers onto hi-end headphones with them. :-)post #15650 of 225327/22/13 at 5:02ampost #15651 of 225327/22/13 at 5:05ampost #15652 of 225327/22/13 at 5:07am
To me, I notice a difference. As in to the point I noticed it within just switching to the M-100 cable for the first time.
The M-100 cable to me feels more bassier and less full sounding. Very weird, I'll say, but I don't know why I am noticing these things..post #15653 of 225327/22/13 at 5:11ampost #15654 of 225327/22/13 at 5:16amQuote:
Oh, they're pretty much identical. Just different colours.post #15655 of 225327/22/13 at 6:02am
My guess is it's an issue of quality control between the two physical cables you have. If you look on V-MODA's website, you'll notice that they're simply selling a "1-Button SpeakEasy Cable" and an "Audio Only Cable", not M-100- and M-80-specific varieties.post #15656 of 225327/22/13 at 6:07amQuote:
Yes, I am aware of that. Its just I never expected two cables to be different like this. I'm going to hope its just a faulty one, and so I'll buy a $12 cable from V-Moda hoping it'll be like my M-80's one.
I'm just going from what I'm experiencing between the two stock cables.post #15657 of 225327/22/13 at 6:12ampost #15658 of 225327/22/13 at 6:17amQuote:
Hopefully its my head.
It was weird, I tell you.post #15659 of 225327/22/13 at 9:10amSeriously after 3 days listening to the M-100, i don't think they're bassy. The bass is really weak. I can't feel any rumble or impact at all. Before received the M-100, i'd expected they have a massive amount of bass, at least equal or even better than the M-80 or the M50, but now i kinda dissapointedpost #15660 of 225327/22/13 at 9:32amQuote:Originally Posted by legendcheater
Seriously after 3 days listening to the M-100, i don't think they're bassy. The bass is really weak. I can't feel any rumble or impact at all. Before received the M-100, i'd expected they have a massive amount of bass, at least equal or even better than the M-80 or the M50, but now i kinda dissapointed
Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- You might need to burn it in more.
- what's your source?
- go to an Apple Store and try the Bowers and Wilkins P5 and see if that bass is good enough for you. The M-100 by no means lack bass so I think something is not quite right here. I just demoed the B&O H6 this weekend and it has NO bass at all. Therefore, in comparsion, the M-100 should have a decent amount of bass out of the box, even just listen from an iPhone at 50% volume with flat EQ.
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › Audeze SINE Series 14 seconds ago
- › Fostex new RP headphones - T50RPmk3, T40RPmk3 and T20RPmk3 1 minute ago
- › AUDIO over IP - the coming wave! The AES67 and AVB Ethernet... 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Ghentaudio Cables - Impressions & Opinions. (First impressions &... 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd DI-U8 Audio Interface (Xmos U8) 2 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 6 minutes ago
- › Which headphones do you use for PC gaming? 7 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 8 minutes ago
- › Superlux HD-660 by Wiljen
- › ACS T1 by Docjitters
- › QKZ W1 Pro - In-ear sport headphone by B9Scrambler
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mechgamer123
- › Dunu TITAN 5 by mark2410
- › FiiO AM5 - High Power Amplifier Module for X7 by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Truss - The All Metal Under Desk Dual Headphone Hanger... by Wokei
- › Creative Labs Sound BlasterX G5 by Evshrug
- › Brainwavz XFIT XF-200 In-Ear Sport Earbuds Noise Isolating... by thatBeatsguy
- › SONY MDRZX330BT/B Sony MDR ZX330BT - Headset - on-ear - wireless -... by Army-Firedawg
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse