- 3,975 Posts. Joined 3/2009
- Location: Pittsburgh, PA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 1/22/15
Build, Overall Usage: I have Sennheiser RS 130 for over 8 years now (and still lasting!) which says enough about their durability, and which is the most thing fascinating for me, I haven't...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank CTC Audio for providing me with a review sample of T-Peos Baguette IEMs in exchange for my honest opinion. This IEM is available at...
At the time this review was written, the T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid earphone was on sale for $79.00 USD on CTC Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
I recently upgraded my 16GB version to 64GB for less than 200 bucks. I wanted to upgrade to the newer models, but I'm not going to waste my money on something that can play the same music for more...
I am not an audiophile myself, rather a music lover, searching for the holy grail of SQ that repoduces life-like sound out from records BUILD QUALITY (CRAFTSMANSHIP) Very well done here,...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1044post #15646 of 216257/20/13 at 2:02pmI haven't swapped on the sunburst orange shields for my M-100 yet, will need to. I understand the driver love, we have excellent ones at work that are very precise and have a tension safety that prevents over tightening, very cool ($80 screwdriver, lol).
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #15647 of 216257/20/13 at 3:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by DrGonzo
Getting ready to order the midnight blue shields from V-moda and was wondering what size hex wrench is needed for the hex screws. I understand that the shields will come with an Allen key, but I don't trust that it will be made of quality steel and am afraid of possibly stripping the screws. I used to build hobby-grade RC cars and have high-end hex drivers both SAE and Metric, so I am positive I will have the right size and hex drivers are easier to use than Allen keys.
Metric 1.5mm, 1/16 won't work.post #15648 of 216257/20/13 at 3:41pmpost #15649 of 216257/21/13 at 5:00pm
I don't know if my head is big or what but if I where my ball cap (which I often do), these things have to be extended all the way to fit. Aside from that, I can't say enough good things about the v-modas. I love their tone and I'm quickly turning my coworkers onto hi-end headphones with them. :-)post #15650 of 216257/22/13 at 5:02ampost #15651 of 216257/22/13 at 5:05ampost #15652 of 216257/22/13 at 5:07am
To me, I notice a difference. As in to the point I noticed it within just switching to the M-100 cable for the first time.
The M-100 cable to me feels more bassier and less full sounding. Very weird, I'll say, but I don't know why I am noticing these things..post #15653 of 216257/22/13 at 5:11ampost #15654 of 216257/22/13 at 5:16amQuote:
Oh, they're pretty much identical. Just different colours.post #15655 of 216257/22/13 at 6:02am
My guess is it's an issue of quality control between the two physical cables you have. If you look on V-MODA's website, you'll notice that they're simply selling a "1-Button SpeakEasy Cable" and an "Audio Only Cable", not M-100- and M-80-specific varieties.post #15656 of 216257/22/13 at 6:07amQuote:
Yes, I am aware of that. Its just I never expected two cables to be different like this. I'm going to hope its just a faulty one, and so I'll buy a $12 cable from V-Moda hoping it'll be like my M-80's one.
I'm just going from what I'm experiencing between the two stock cables.post #15657 of 216257/22/13 at 6:12ampost #15658 of 216257/22/13 at 6:17amQuote:
Hopefully its my head.
It was weird, I tell you.post #15659 of 216257/22/13 at 9:10amSeriously after 3 days listening to the M-100, i don't think they're bassy. The bass is really weak. I can't feel any rumble or impact at all. Before received the M-100, i'd expected they have a massive amount of bass, at least equal or even better than the M-80 or the M50, but now i kinda dissapointedpost #15660 of 216257/22/13 at 9:32amQuote:Originally Posted by legendcheater
Seriously after 3 days listening to the M-100, i don't think they're bassy. The bass is really weak. I can't feel any rumble or impact at all. Before received the M-100, i'd expected they have a massive amount of bass, at least equal or even better than the M-80 or the M50, but now i kinda dissapointed
Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- You might need to burn it in more.
- what's your source?
- go to an Apple Store and try the Bowers and Wilkins P5 and see if that bass is good enough for you. The M-100 by no means lack bass so I think something is not quite right here. I just demoed the B&O H6 this weekend and it has NO bass at all. Therefore, in comparsion, the M-100 should have a decent amount of bass out of the box, even just listen from an iPhone at 50% volume with flat EQ.
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HM901S New Flagship DAP 1 minute ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 3 minutes ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand + Appreciation 3 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.2 5 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio Studio Six Reviews and Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 9 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 13 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 14 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › OPPO HA-2 by gerelmx1986
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by dnun8086
- › Luxury & Precision LP5 32bit DSD Portable Lossless Music Player by daduy
- › AWEI ES-900i Headset Earphones Speakers with Mic for Smart Phone -... by mrplt
- › AKG K712 Pro by KopaZ
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2