- 4,067 Posts. Joined 3/2009
- Location: Pittsburgh, PA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 6/26/15
Audiosense is a new headphone brand in China which surprisingly produces many qualities headphones. The model V2mix4 comes from 4 drivers which are the combination of dynamic drivers and balanced...
Microsoft Lumia 435 Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/773374/microsoft-lumia-435-review-by-mark2410 Brief: An insanely cheap wonder device. Price: £30 payg or...
Sorry for my bad English and short impressions. Z7s highs are roll offed. Z7 sounds fatigue free for long listening session. Comfortability is also very good. Z7 sounds analog-ish. when you...
Introduction: CustomArt is a relatively new custom IEM company that has very quickly grew into one of the big names in business. Hailing from Poland, the company has a well-respected line of...
I made a video review of the dt770 80ohm quite sometime ago and was finally finished it. I got them on sale at Guitar Center for $179.99 , the deal was better than anywhere on the web so I...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1044post #15646 of 217697/20/13 at 2:02pmI haven't swapped on the sunburst orange shields for my M-100 yet, will need to. I understand the driver love, we have excellent ones at work that are very precise and have a tension safety that prevents over tightening, very cool ($80 screwdriver, lol).
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #15647 of 217697/20/13 at 3:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by DrGonzo
Getting ready to order the midnight blue shields from V-moda and was wondering what size hex wrench is needed for the hex screws. I understand that the shields will come with an Allen key, but I don't trust that it will be made of quality steel and am afraid of possibly stripping the screws. I used to build hobby-grade RC cars and have high-end hex drivers both SAE and Metric, so I am positive I will have the right size and hex drivers are easier to use than Allen keys.
Metric 1.5mm, 1/16 won't work.post #15648 of 217697/20/13 at 3:41pmpost #15649 of 217697/21/13 at 5:00pm
I don't know if my head is big or what but if I where my ball cap (which I often do), these things have to be extended all the way to fit. Aside from that, I can't say enough good things about the v-modas. I love their tone and I'm quickly turning my coworkers onto hi-end headphones with them. :-)post #15650 of 217697/22/13 at 5:02ampost #15651 of 217697/22/13 at 5:05ampost #15652 of 217697/22/13 at 5:07am
To me, I notice a difference. As in to the point I noticed it within just switching to the M-100 cable for the first time.
The M-100 cable to me feels more bassier and less full sounding. Very weird, I'll say, but I don't know why I am noticing these things..post #15653 of 217697/22/13 at 5:11ampost #15654 of 217697/22/13 at 5:16amQuote:
Oh, they're pretty much identical. Just different colours.post #15655 of 217697/22/13 at 6:02am
My guess is it's an issue of quality control between the two physical cables you have. If you look on V-MODA's website, you'll notice that they're simply selling a "1-Button SpeakEasy Cable" and an "Audio Only Cable", not M-100- and M-80-specific varieties.post #15656 of 217697/22/13 at 6:07amQuote:
Yes, I am aware of that. Its just I never expected two cables to be different like this. I'm going to hope its just a faulty one, and so I'll buy a $12 cable from V-Moda hoping it'll be like my M-80's one.
I'm just going from what I'm experiencing between the two stock cables.post #15657 of 217697/22/13 at 6:12ampost #15658 of 217697/22/13 at 6:17amQuote:
Hopefully its my head.
It was weird, I tell you.post #15659 of 217697/22/13 at 9:10amSeriously after 3 days listening to the M-100, i don't think they're bassy. The bass is really weak. I can't feel any rumble or impact at all. Before received the M-100, i'd expected they have a massive amount of bass, at least equal or even better than the M-80 or the M50, but now i kinda dissapointedpost #15660 of 217697/22/13 at 9:32amQuote:Originally Posted by legendcheater
Seriously after 3 days listening to the M-100, i don't think they're bassy. The bass is really weak. I can't feel any rumble or impact at all. Before received the M-100, i'd expected they have a massive amount of bass, at least equal or even better than the M-80 or the M50, but now i kinda dissapointed
Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- You might need to burn it in more.
- what's your source?
- go to an Apple Store and try the Bowers and Wilkins P5 and see if that bass is good enough for you. The M-100 by no means lack bass so I think something is not quite right here. I just demoed the B&O H6 this weekend and it has NO bass at all. Therefore, in comparsion, the M-100 should have a decent amount of bass out of the box, even just listen from an iPhone at 50% volume with flat EQ.
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › Viva Egoista 845 SET Tube amplifier 10K Headphone Masterpiece 12 seconds ago
- › What % of equipment reviews do you believe? 17 seconds ago
- › JH Audio Layla Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 1 minute ago
- › On a mission to like jazz 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE8 or IE80: both similar to HD650? 3 minutes ago
- › creative blaster ZrX vs Asus sonar essence II 4 minutes ago
- › NuForce Udac-2 + Usb isolator, will it work? 4 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 4 minutes ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 5 minutes ago
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by speedsters
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by maikuirock
- › Superlux HD-668 B by ingenero
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by cloud_c
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)