- 5,117 Posts. Joined 3/2009
- Location: Pittsburgh, PA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/3/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 11/28/16
I've recentlty bougth them for office. All i wanted was a pair of fairly decent cans within the budget ive prepaired for this occasion. Unboxing was a surprise, in the package we get a nice pair...
If you are a bass head and like still like to hear to rest of the music, then this Burson V4 could be for you. Charles at Burson had offered the V5 in exchange for a honest evaluation. I did...
Preamble: Founded just last year in 2015, ORIVETI (http://www.oriveti.com/) is still a new company on the market that is however not new to the audio business, having members in their...
Sometimes I have a strong desire to start a review with a conclusion, and then explain everything in more details. This time I think I'll follow this urge. So, OPUS#2 from theBit became for me one...
Meze is a Romanian company which became widely known on a portable audio market after releasing its wooden 99 Classics model. These headphones became a hit due to a semi-portable form factor,...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1044post #15646 of 229407/20/13 at 2:02pmI haven't swapped on the sunburst orange shields for my M-100 yet, will need to. I understand the driver love, we have excellent ones at work that are very precise and have a tension safety that prevents over tightening, very cool ($80 screwdriver, lol).
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #15647 of 229407/20/13 at 3:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by DrGonzo
Getting ready to order the midnight blue shields from V-moda and was wondering what size hex wrench is needed for the hex screws. I understand that the shields will come with an Allen key, but I don't trust that it will be made of quality steel and am afraid of possibly stripping the screws. I used to build hobby-grade RC cars and have high-end hex drivers both SAE and Metric, so I am positive I will have the right size and hex drivers are easier to use than Allen keys.
Metric 1.5mm, 1/16 won't work.post #15648 of 229407/20/13 at 3:41pmpost #15649 of 229407/21/13 at 5:00pm
I don't know if my head is big or what but if I where my ball cap (which I often do), these things have to be extended all the way to fit. Aside from that, I can't say enough good things about the v-modas. I love their tone and I'm quickly turning my coworkers onto hi-end headphones with them. :-)post #15650 of 229407/22/13 at 5:02ampost #15651 of 229407/22/13 at 5:05ampost #15652 of 229407/22/13 at 5:07am
To me, I notice a difference. As in to the point I noticed it within just switching to the M-100 cable for the first time.
The M-100 cable to me feels more bassier and less full sounding. Very weird, I'll say, but I don't know why I am noticing these things..post #15653 of 229407/22/13 at 5:11ampost #15654 of 229407/22/13 at 5:16amQuote:
Oh, they're pretty much identical. Just different colours.post #15655 of 229407/22/13 at 6:02am
My guess is it's an issue of quality control between the two physical cables you have. If you look on V-MODA's website, you'll notice that they're simply selling a "1-Button SpeakEasy Cable" and an "Audio Only Cable", not M-100- and M-80-specific varieties.post #15656 of 229407/22/13 at 6:07amQuote:
Yes, I am aware of that. Its just I never expected two cables to be different like this. I'm going to hope its just a faulty one, and so I'll buy a $12 cable from V-Moda hoping it'll be like my M-80's one.
I'm just going from what I'm experiencing between the two stock cables.post #15657 of 229407/22/13 at 6:12ampost #15658 of 229407/22/13 at 6:17amQuote:
Hopefully its my head.
It was weird, I tell you.post #15659 of 229407/22/13 at 9:10amSeriously after 3 days listening to the M-100, i don't think they're bassy. The bass is really weak. I can't feel any rumble or impact at all. Before received the M-100, i'd expected they have a massive amount of bass, at least equal or even better than the M-80 or the M50, but now i kinda dissapointedpost #15660 of 229407/22/13 at 9:32amQuote:Originally Posted by legendcheater
Seriously after 3 days listening to the M-100, i don't think they're bassy. The bass is really weak. I can't feel any rumble or impact at all. Before received the M-100, i'd expected they have a massive amount of bass, at least equal or even better than the M-80 or the M50, but now i kinda dissapointed
Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- You might need to burn it in more.
- what's your source?
- go to an Apple Store and try the Bowers and Wilkins P5 and see if that bass is good enough for you. The M-100 by no means lack bass so I think something is not quite right here. I just demoed the B&O H6 this weekend and it has NO bass at all. Therefore, in comparsion, the M-100 should have a decent amount of bass out of the box, even just listen from an iPhone at 50% volume with flat EQ.
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › New Asus strix sound cards. Anyone try them yet? 19 seconds ago
- › Cypherus Audio Products Discussion Thread: CampFred Earbuds, QFred... 26 seconds ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 29 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 40 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 48 seconds ago
- › Toss-up between the RHA MA750, Shure SE215 or Trinity Audio Atlas... 1 minute ago
- › Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (advanced wireless & microSD module for... 1 minute ago
- › WTB: Uptone Regen Amber 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 2 minutes ago
- › PlusSound X8 IEM Cable by flinkenick
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by d1554573r
- › Supreme Sound Opamp V4 by snellemin
- › ORIVETI BASIC - Whole Aluminium Body, High Fidelity, Cable... by HiFiChris
- › Audio-Opus Opus#2 by cleg
- › Meze 11 Neo by mgunin
- › Brainwavz B100 Balanced Armature Earphone by Dsnuts
- › Audeze iSine 10 by neilmanalo
- › Stax SR-507 Electrostatic Earspeaker by audiophilehe400
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Delance26
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear