Plus they always have great photos... I like the one focussed on the orange cord with the burry M-100 in the back best.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 11/28/16
The Soundaware Esther M1Pro provides a immersive sound experience held down by its dated interface and firmware. Its like driving a luxury car with all its comfort but with a dated design...
I am lucky. Very lucky. As I listened last Sunday to the i5, not only did we have the first good (not hard, but good) freeze of the Fall, but since I had been up since just before sunrise, I was...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the Bluetooth version of Mee Audio's classic budget earphone, the M9B. Mee Audio, formerly MEElectronics, has been around since 2005 and is...
I got the honour of being part of the C1 World Tour . Whatever I did, thank you! It’s not every day that 3 new products from the same manufacturer arrive on your doorstep. I have the...
The Zpre is a dated small form factor preamp from Parasound, that also happens to be a great headphone amplifier. It comes with the Burr Brown 2134 Opamp for those that care for this type of...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1031post #15451 of 228447/12/13 at 5:20am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #15452 of 228447/12/13 at 5:32amQuote:
To sum up, I thought/slightly feared that it would be TOO bassy, yet the experience is like the perfect dark-chocolate that isn't too bitter or painfully sweet. I thought it would sound closer to the LPs, but they're somehow both fun AND detailed, very happy listening to them
I tried to connect my E12, but my FiiO short interconnect recently went missing (I had one, but when I sold my AD700 + E5 + Recon3D USB gaming bundle, I thought it would be the right thing to do to include the interconnect). When I plugged my Shareplay into the iPod LOD (FiiO L11) and the regular one button mic cable into the E12, the coiled up Shareplay cable created a magnet and a lot of interference. Anyone know where I can find a inexpensive & short interconnect? Or should I just order another from FiiO?
Okay, I'll post it, and I'll try to merge the two clips together first. I'll submit it to YouTube either this morning or tomorrow. It may or may not be as funny as my LP review, I didn't blast my ears this time, LOL!
Edited by Evshrug - 7/12/13 at 5:38ampost #15453 of 228447/12/13 at 6:09amQuote:
Assuming you have 5 Below stores in Pittsburgh, they sell a 6" interconnect for $5, otherwise, FiiO is probably your best bet.post #15454 of 228447/12/13 at 6:20amQuote:
This is a good one for the price too: Nuforce Transient Cable - High Performance 3.5mm Stereo Audio Cable (0.2m)post #15455 of 228447/12/13 at 6:23amQuote:Originally Posted by DrSheep
This is a good one for the price too: Nuforce Transient Cable - High Performance 3.5mm Stereo Audio Cable (0.2m)
Looks like a really high quality cable for $6. I thought Evshrug was looking for an LOD though?post #15456 of 228447/12/13 at 6:29amQuote:
It is a good cable, as I have one of their older version for my NuForce Mobile. I wasn't sure what s/he meant either, but a good quality LOD for cheap is hard to find.post #15457 of 228447/12/13 at 6:45amhttp://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?index=0&sbk=1&nav=SEARCH&itemId=271192397404Quote:
Hopefully 16 bucks isn't too expensive.post #15458 of 228447/12/13 at 6:49amQuote:Originally Posted by SkyBleu
Hopefully 16 bucks isn't too expensive.
You got a different link? Can't get pass the company's firewall...post #15459 of 228447/12/13 at 6:53amQuote:
Ahh...that sucks. Are you running Firefox? If so, download the plugin "Anonymox" and that should grant you proxy access to all sites:)
If not, I guess you'll have to wait until you get home, haha.post #15460 of 228447/12/13 at 7:16amI really want to like these headphones, but they just get really uncomfortable after about 1-2 hours. Idk if I'm wearing them wrong or what, were these designed to have the ears go in the earcups completely or are they supposed to be more an "on-ear" type. I know they're listed as "over-ear" but seriously, the inside of the cups are so small i don't get how anyones ears could fit inside those.
Edited by tscan - 7/12/13 at 7:18ampost #15461 of 228447/12/13 at 7:18amQuote:Originally Posted by tscan
I really want to like these headphones, but they just get really uncomfortable after about 1-2 hours. Idk if I'm wearing them wrong or what, were these designed to have the hear go in the earcups completely or are they supposed to be more an "on-ear" type. I know they're listed as "over-ear" but seriously, the inside of the cups are so small i don't get how anyones ears could fit inside those.
Don't be afraid to bend the head band backwards to lessing the clamping force, plus the XL pads are coming so there is still hope.post #15462 of 228447/12/13 at 7:37amQuote:
Definitely helps a bit, thanks for the tip. Wish we could see the new pads already. I'm definitely not a large person (5' 8" 140 lbs) and consider myself to have a pretty small head/ears and my ears come no where close to fitting inside these things. The top headband also starts to hurt after awhile. It's just all-around pain in both the ears and headband.post #15463 of 228447/12/13 at 7:51amQuote:Originally Posted by tscan
Definitely helps a bit, thanks for the tip. Wish we could see the new pads already. I'm definitely not a large person (5' 8" 140 lbs) and consider myself to have a pretty small head/ears and my ears come no where close to fitting inside these things. The top headband also starts to hurt after awhile. It's just all-around pain in both the ears and headband.post #15464 of 228447/12/13 at 8:03am
This idea just hit me: try to have a bowing ball sit on top of your M-100 between the band. I think most of the comfort issues with the M-100 comes from the fact that by default the headband shapes more like a V rather than a wide U, so after a while you will start to feel more of the clamping force. I think creating 2 more banding points 1/4 the way up the band will help a lot, so try to make the top part flat but band on the side to see if this helps.post #15465 of 228447/12/13 at 8:05amQuote:
Yes, nice photos. The author's daughter did a great job. I might've liked one shot that wasn't super-shallow Depth-of-Field, and not much time was spent neatly arraying the cables, but the photos did a good job of having attention-grabbing style and focusing on feature spots. The review itself was good, I think that it did a good job talking about the other benefits besides the expected great sound, and I also read it as placing the sound signature as warm but not very very bassy and dark away from what people would expect from a headphone (no ridiculous XB500 here, egads!).Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 28 seconds ago
- › Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10! 32 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★FAQ in 3rd post!★☆ 34 seconds ago
- › DX200 The style has been chosen by your votes. Details of design... 44 seconds ago
- › Violectric DAC V850 - General Discussion and Impressions Thread 55 seconds ago
- › Which portable amp? 1 minute ago
- › Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing) 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 2 minutes ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 2 minutes ago
- › The Stax Lambda Thread 2 minutes ago
- › AAW Nebula One Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitor by HiFiChris
- › Soundaware Esther by tassardar
- › Cayin i5 by ngoshawk
- › MEE audio M9B Bluetooth Wireless Noise-Isolating In-Ear Stereo... by B9Scrambler
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Takeanidea
- › Parasound Zpre zone preamplifier by snellemin
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Jackpot77
- › EarSonics Velvet by SeeSax
- › Tony Bennett TBSE1 Signature Edition Headphone - Black/Silver by DJ The Rocket
- › Accutone Pisces Digital In-Ear Headset - Retail Packaging -... by mark2410
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear