Plus they always have great photos... I like the one focussed on the orange cord with the burry M-100 in the back best.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/3/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 11/28/16
At the time this review was written, the Oriveti NEW Primacy was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Accutone is a company that specializes in hands-free communications solutions but they've taken their experience and expertise and used it to create a series of consumer earphones. From their...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONThis is the 2nd pair of IEMs sent to me for evaluation recently by FiiO. You can find my...
Unboxing This package came in an unassuming black box with the branding directly on the front. Opening it reveals the very nice semi-hard case that stores the earphones. Opening the case...
Intro I wanted to start this review off with a Swiss Army knife joke but it looks like several Head-Fiers have already did that so in a futile attempt to be both funny and original I’ll start off...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1031post #15451 of 229987/12/13 at 5:20am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #15452 of 229987/12/13 at 5:32amQuote:
To sum up, I thought/slightly feared that it would be TOO bassy, yet the experience is like the perfect dark-chocolate that isn't too bitter or painfully sweet. I thought it would sound closer to the LPs, but they're somehow both fun AND detailed, very happy listening to them
I tried to connect my E12, but my FiiO short interconnect recently went missing (I had one, but when I sold my AD700 + E5 + Recon3D USB gaming bundle, I thought it would be the right thing to do to include the interconnect). When I plugged my Shareplay into the iPod LOD (FiiO L11) and the regular one button mic cable into the E12, the coiled up Shareplay cable created a magnet and a lot of interference. Anyone know where I can find a inexpensive & short interconnect? Or should I just order another from FiiO?
Okay, I'll post it, and I'll try to merge the two clips together first. I'll submit it to YouTube either this morning or tomorrow. It may or may not be as funny as my LP review, I didn't blast my ears this time, LOL!
Edited by Evshrug - 7/12/13 at 5:38ampost #15453 of 229987/12/13 at 6:09amQuote:
Assuming you have 5 Below stores in Pittsburgh, they sell a 6" interconnect for $5, otherwise, FiiO is probably your best bet.post #15454 of 229987/12/13 at 6:20amQuote:
This is a good one for the price too: Nuforce Transient Cable - High Performance 3.5mm Stereo Audio Cable (0.2m)post #15455 of 229987/12/13 at 6:23amQuote:Originally Posted by DrSheep
This is a good one for the price too: Nuforce Transient Cable - High Performance 3.5mm Stereo Audio Cable (0.2m)
Looks like a really high quality cable for $6. I thought Evshrug was looking for an LOD though?post #15456 of 229987/12/13 at 6:29amQuote:
It is a good cable, as I have one of their older version for my NuForce Mobile. I wasn't sure what s/he meant either, but a good quality LOD for cheap is hard to find.post #15457 of 229987/12/13 at 6:45amhttp://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?index=0&sbk=1&nav=SEARCH&itemId=271192397404Quote:
Hopefully 16 bucks isn't too expensive.post #15458 of 229987/12/13 at 6:49amQuote:Originally Posted by SkyBleu
Hopefully 16 bucks isn't too expensive.
You got a different link? Can't get pass the company's firewall...post #15459 of 229987/12/13 at 6:53amQuote:
Ahh...that sucks. Are you running Firefox? If so, download the plugin "Anonymox" and that should grant you proxy access to all sites:)
If not, I guess you'll have to wait until you get home, haha.post #15460 of 229987/12/13 at 7:16amI really want to like these headphones, but they just get really uncomfortable after about 1-2 hours. Idk if I'm wearing them wrong or what, were these designed to have the ears go in the earcups completely or are they supposed to be more an "on-ear" type. I know they're listed as "over-ear" but seriously, the inside of the cups are so small i don't get how anyones ears could fit inside those.
Edited by tscan - 7/12/13 at 7:18ampost #15461 of 229987/12/13 at 7:18amQuote:Originally Posted by tscan
I really want to like these headphones, but they just get really uncomfortable after about 1-2 hours. Idk if I'm wearing them wrong or what, were these designed to have the hear go in the earcups completely or are they supposed to be more an "on-ear" type. I know they're listed as "over-ear" but seriously, the inside of the cups are so small i don't get how anyones ears could fit inside those.
Don't be afraid to bend the head band backwards to lessing the clamping force, plus the XL pads are coming so there is still hope.post #15462 of 229987/12/13 at 7:37amQuote:
Definitely helps a bit, thanks for the tip. Wish we could see the new pads already. I'm definitely not a large person (5' 8" 140 lbs) and consider myself to have a pretty small head/ears and my ears come no where close to fitting inside these things. The top headband also starts to hurt after awhile. It's just all-around pain in both the ears and headband.post #15463 of 229987/12/13 at 7:51amQuote:Originally Posted by tscan
Definitely helps a bit, thanks for the tip. Wish we could see the new pads already. I'm definitely not a large person (5' 8" 140 lbs) and consider myself to have a pretty small head/ears and my ears come no where close to fitting inside these things. The top headband also starts to hurt after awhile. It's just all-around pain in both the ears and headband.post #15464 of 229987/12/13 at 8:03am
This idea just hit me: try to have a bowing ball sit on top of your M-100 between the band. I think most of the comfort issues with the M-100 comes from the fact that by default the headband shapes more like a V rather than a wide U, so after a while you will start to feel more of the clamping force. I think creating 2 more banding points 1/4 the way up the band will help a lot, so try to make the top part flat but band on the side to see if this helps.post #15465 of 229987/12/13 at 8:05amQuote:
Yes, nice photos. The author's daughter did a great job. I might've liked one shot that wasn't super-shallow Depth-of-Field, and not much time was spent neatly arraying the cables, but the photos did a good job of having attention-grabbing style and focusing on feature spots. The review itself was good, I think that it did a good job talking about the other benefits besides the expected great sound, and I also read it as placing the sound signature as warm but not very very bassy and dark away from what people would expect from a headphone (no ridiculous XB500 here, egads!).Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › xuelin ihifi780 12 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 51 seconds ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 53 seconds ago
- › Violectric HPA V280 - slim and powerful balanced HPA 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 7 minutes ago
- › Good DAP for SONY EX1000 7 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 8 minutes ago
- › DENAFRIPS 'ARES' R2R discrete ladder DAC - close up view 9 minutes ago
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Yethal
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Cosmic Ears CE6P by fluffyberry
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear