or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1031

post #15451 of 22844

Plus they always have great photos... I like the one focussed on the orange cord with the burry M-100 in the back best.

post #15452 of 22844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post

As an initial impression, how would you say the sound compares to your expectation?

To sum up, I thought/slightly feared that it would be TOO bassy, yet the experience is like the perfect dark-chocolate that isn't too bitter or painfully sweet. I thought it would sound closer to the LPs, but they're somehow both fun AND detailed, very happy listening to them smily_headphones1.gif

I tried to connect my E12, but my FiiO short interconnect recently went missing (I had one, but when I sold my AD700 + E5 + Recon3D USB gaming bundle, I thought it would be the right thing to do to include the interconnect). When I plugged my Shareplay into the iPod LOD (FiiO L11) and the regular one button mic cable into the E12, the coiled up Shareplay cable created a magnet and a lot of interference. Anyone know where I can find a inexpensive & short interconnect? Or should I just order another from FiiO?


DrGonzo,
Okay, I'll post it, and I'll try to merge the two clips together first. I'll submit it to YouTube either this morning or tomorrow. It may or may not be as funny as my LP review, I didn't blast my ears this time, LOL!
Edited by Evshrug - 7/12/13 at 5:38am
post #15453 of 22844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evshrug View Post


 Anyone know where I can find a inexpensive & short interconnect? Or should I just order another from FiiO?


 

Assuming you have 5 Below stores in Pittsburgh, they sell a 6" interconnect for $5, otherwise, FiiO is probably your best bet.

post #15454 of 22844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post

Assuming you have 5 Below stores in Pittsburgh, they sell a 6" interconnect for $5, otherwise, FiiO is probably your best bet.

This is a good one for the price too: Nuforce Transient Cable - High Performance 3.5mm Stereo Audio Cable (0.2m)

post #15455 of 22844
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSheep View Post

This is a good one for the price too: Nuforce Transient Cable - High Performance 3.5mm Stereo Audio Cable (0.2m)


Looks like a really high quality cable for $6.  I thought Evshrug was looking for an LOD though?

post #15456 of 22844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post


Looks like a really high quality cable for $6.  I thought Evshrug was looking for an LOD though?

It is a good cable, as I have one of their older version for my NuForce Mobile.  I wasn't sure what s/he meant either, but a good quality LOD for cheap is hard to find.

post #15457 of 22844
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?index=0&sbk=1&nav=SEARCH&itemId=271192397404
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSheep View Post

It is a good cable, as I have one of their older version for my NuForce Mobile.  I wasn't sure what s/he meant either, but a good quality LOD for cheap is hard to find.

Hopefully 16 bucks isn't too expensive.
post #15458 of 22844
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBleu View Post

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?index=0&sbk=1&nav=SEARCH&itemId=271192397404
Hopefully 16 bucks isn't too expensive.

You got a different link?  Can't get pass the company's firewall...

post #15459 of 22844
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSheep View Post

You got a different link?  Can't get pass the company's firewall...

Ahh...that sucks. Are you running Firefox? If so, download the plugin "Anonymox" and that should grant you proxy access to all sites:)

If not, I guess you'll have to wait until you get home, haha.
post #15460 of 22844
I really want to like these headphones, but they just get really uncomfortable after about 1-2 hours. Idk if I'm wearing them wrong or what, were these designed to have the ears go in the earcups completely or are they supposed to be more an "on-ear" type. I know they're listed as "over-ear" but seriously, the inside of the cups are so small i don't get how anyones ears could fit inside those.
Edited by tscan - 7/12/13 at 7:18am
post #15461 of 22844
Quote:
Originally Posted by tscan View Post

I really want to like these headphones, but they just get really uncomfortable after about 1-2 hours. Idk if I'm wearing them wrong or what, were these designed to have the hear go in the earcups completely or are they supposed to be more an "on-ear" type. I know they're listed as "over-ear" but seriously, the inside of the cups are so small i don't get how anyones ears could fit inside those.

Don't be afraid to bend the head band backwards to lessing the clamping force, plus the XL pads are coming so there is still hope.

post #15462 of 22844
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSheep View Post

Don't be afraid to bend the head band backwards to lessing the clamping force, plus the XL pads are coming so there is still hope.

Definitely helps a bit, thanks for the tip. Wish we could see the new pads already. I'm definitely not a large person (5' 8" 140 lbs) and consider myself to have a pretty small head/ears and my ears come no where close to fitting inside these things. The top headband also starts to hurt after awhile. It's just all-around pain in both the ears and headband.
post #15463 of 22844
Quote:
Originally Posted by tscan View Post


Definitely helps a bit, thanks for the tip. Wish we could see the new pads already. I'm definitely not a large person (5' 8" 140 lbs) and consider myself to have a pretty small head/ears and my ears come no where close to fitting inside these things. The top headband also starts to hurt after awhile. It's just all-around pain in both the ears and headband.

 

Not much of a correlation; I'm smaller than you (5'6" 125 lbs) and I have a relatively big head/ears lol

 

Extending the headband a bit might help if you feel pressure on top of your head. Also try putting a box (or stack of books etc) slightly wider than your head in between the earcups overnight. After a few nights the clamp should be slightly better.
post #15464 of 22844

This idea just hit me: try to have a bowing ball sit on top of your M-100 between the band.  I think most of the comfort issues with the M-100 comes from the fact that by default the headband shapes more like a V rather than a wide U, so after a while you will start to feel more of the clamping force.  I think creating 2 more banding points 1/4 the way up the band will help a lot, so try to make the top part flat but band on the side to see if this helps.

post #15465 of 22844
Quote:
Originally Posted by plakat View Post

Plus they always have great photos... I like the one focussed on the orange cord with the burry M-100 in the back best.

Yes, nice photos. The author's daughter did a great job. I might've liked one shot that wasn't super-shallow Depth-of-Field, and not much time was spent neatly arraying the cables, but the photos did a good job of having attention-grabbing style and focusing on feature spots. The review itself was good, I think that it did a good job talking about the other benefits besides the expected great sound, and I also read it as placing the sound signature as warm but not very very bassy and dark away from what people would expect from a headphone (no ridiculous XB500 here, egads!).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.