Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 103

post #1531 of 21232
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutescream View Post

So, it has a 45 degree connector at both ends?  Is the M-100 a 1 button or 3 button?  The LP2 came with a 3 button.

45 degree connector is only one end.
Edited by SpiderNhan - 5/26/12 at 11:16am
post #1532 of 21232
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutescream View Post

So, it has a 45 degree connector at both ends?  Is the M-100 a 1 button or 3 button?  The LP2 came with a 3 button.


It comes with both.  Check out the video on their facebook page.

post #1533 of 21232
Quote:
Originally Posted by vahid1234 View Post

When do the m100's come out? i have the LP2's and really want the m100's!


supposedly early July

post #1534 of 21232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post


It comes with both.  Check out the video on their facebook page.

Either way, unless it has 45 degree connectors on both ends, it loses an advantage for portable use to reverse the connections for aesthetics.  I'm not against making aesthetic adaptation, but they shouldn't be at the expense of functionality.

 

Even if it were something only sold ala carte (although, obviously it would be preferable if it were included with the headphones), a shorter audio only cable would be something nice to have.

post #1535 of 21232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post


IMO, I disagree that this is the main competitor.  These are supra-aural as opposed to the M-100 which is circum-aural which makes a huge difference in bass presence, isolation and soundstage.  I would say the 1350 competes directly with the M-80 and the upcoming Sennheiser Amperior.  The M-80 is superior to either of these at almost half the price.  I expect similar value from the M-100 to perform in another league and compete favorably with any portable closed can in and above their price range.  The challenge for V-Moda isn't that they don't have a vastly superior product in terms of sound quality, styling and function, it is getting the message out to the uninformed who aren't on Head-fi and buy Beats or Souls because they don't know any better.  Val- Do you have a V-Moda vehicle with traveling listening stations that can drive around country so that the masses can hear the difference?  Let me know if you need a roadie :)


how would you know the m80s are better than the amperior?

post #1536 of 21232
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutescream View Post

Either way, unless it has 45 degree connectors on both ends, it loses an advantage for portable use to reverse the connections for aesthetics.  I'm not against making aesthetic adaptation, but they shouldn't be at the expense of functionality.

 

Even if it were something only sold ala carte (although, obviously it would be preferable if it were included with the headphones), a shorter audio only cable would be something nice to have.

Reversing the cable isn't for aesthetics. Some devices, my home receiver for instance, are not compatible with the 3-ringed 3.5mm connector plug and therefore must be reversed so the audio sounds correct. Look at the connectors on the 3-button cable on your LPs. The 45 degree end has 3 rings for microphone/button functionality, and the straight plug only has 2 rings. Some devices don't respond to the 3 rings well, so reversing the cables alleviates this.

post #1537 of 21232
Quote:
Originally Posted by SONIC BOOM View Post


how would you know the m80s are better than the amperior?


This is a fair question.  I am going by the sound of the HD25 which I have heard and which uses the same driver and is the basis from a design standpoint for the Amperior.  While the Amperior uses aluminum cups instead of plastic and may be somewhat of an improvement, I am making an assumption, perhaps incorrectly, that the sound would be an improvement, but not be a dramatic departure from the HD25 which has been indicated by other early reviews.


Edited by Craigster75 - 5/26/12 at 4:24pm
post #1538 of 21232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post


This is a fair question.  I am going by the sound of the HD25 which I have heard and which uses the same driver and is the basis from a design standpoint for the Amperior.  While the Amperior uses aluminum cups instead of plastic and may be somewhat of an improvement, I am making an assumption, perhaps incorrectly, that the sound would be an improvement, but not be a dramatic departure from the HD25 which has been indicated by other early reviews.


You do realize it's the dampening material inside the cups that determine the final sound not just the cup material or the drivers? Once the first Amperion hits the shelves I'm sure we'll have a proper impression thread until then it's unfair to assume anything. The M-80 can try to compete with the DT1350 all it wants and vice versa both headphones are polar opposites of one another and so are the consumer needs who will be buying those two cans.


Edited by DigitalFreak - 5/26/12 at 4:53pm
post #1539 of 21232

Tyll of Inner Fidelity was surprised by how much better the Amperior sounded over the HD25.

post #1540 of 21232

when it comes too dt1350 vs m80 I think the m80s are a more fun sound and the dt1350 are a more sterile sound.
 

post #1541 of 21232
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderNhan View Post

Reversing the cable isn't for aesthetics. Some devices, my home receiver for instance, are not compatible with the 3-ringed 3.5mm connector plug and therefore must be reversed so the audio sounds correct. Look at the connectors on the 3-button cable on your LPs. The 45 degree end has 3 rings for microphone/button functionality, and the straight plug only has 2 rings. Some devices don't respond to the 3 rings well, so reversing the cables alleviates this.

 

I'm trying to figure out why you would need the shorter cord for a home receiver, though (it's also less of a big deal to coil loosely and use a cable tie to hold in place, than to do that with a portable you will be walking around with), and you don't lose anything by switching out the 45 from your receiver.  Losing the 45 on the end of a PMP is a bad thing, as it adds stress to the connector very easily (which is why there is a 45 there in the first place).

 

I just want a shorter audio only cable, since I can neither use nor need a mic for portable use. :)


Edited by mutescream - 5/26/12 at 6:02pm
post #1542 of 21232

I just would like a cord with out a mic or crap on it.

post #1543 of 21232

I assume you guys already know about this. I don't need the mic, but I have found the in-line controls quite handy.

post #1544 of 21232
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilkoolaidman View Post

I assume you guys already know about this. I don't need the mic, but I have found the in-line controls quite handy.

yeah I really don't know why everyone cares about the cable when its detachable and 100 companies sell 100 types of different cables... I'm worried about the sound XD, I actually love the m-80 sound and if the m-100 will have the same sound with extended treble and better transparency then it will probably be the end-all be-all portable in that price range. I think the bass power will be resolved purely because of the larger drivers ^^

post #1545 of 21232
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakiDabeast View Post

yeah I really don't know why everyone cares about the cable when its detachable and 100 companies sell 100 types of different cables... I'm worried about the sound XD, I actually love the m-80 sound and if the m-100 will have the same sound with extended treble and better transparency then it will probably be the end-all be-all portable in that price range. I think the bass power will be resolved purely because of the larger drivers ^^

Mainly because it's nice to have matching cables, and you shouldn't have to replace cables right after buying a headphone :P

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.