or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1018

post #15256 of 22939

np, i thought my was dirty when i got them haha

post #15257 of 22939

Didn't Val mention a while back on this forum that if you purchased something of a $20 value or greater (I think it was $20?) that you could get the XL pads for free?  Or something along those lines, haha.  Just curious if anyone knows if that stills holds true, because I want to buy the VTF BoomPro (like right, right, right now) but I don't know if I should wait and make the purchase when the XL pads come out (if that means I have a chance of getting the XL pads for free).  If anyone here could enlighten me it'd be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance smile.gif

- Matt

post #15258 of 22939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astonish View Post

Didn't Val mention a while back on this forum that if you purchased something of a $20 value or greater (I think it was $20?) that you could get the XL pads for free?  Or something along those lines, haha.  Just curious if anyone knows if that stills holds true, because I want to buy the VTF BoomPro (like right, right, right now) but I don't know if I should wait and make the purchase when the XL pads come out (if that means I have a chance of getting the XL pads for free).  If anyone here could enlighten me it'd be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance smile.gif

- Matt

Yes, that is what he said.

post #15259 of 22939

My M-100's arrived today, and I am loving them since I tried them:)

 

Anyways, I got a question for you M-100 experienced users, or Val, himself. Let's say I wanted a custom cable for the M-100's. Would it work if I got a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable, except it is then Y-split into two more 3.5mm cables, so I got a jack for each side of the M-100's cups? Or do the M-100's work better/only work with just one side?

 

Thanks:)

post #15260 of 22939
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBleu View Post

My M-100's arrived today, and I am loving them since I tried them:)

 

Anyways, I got a question for you M-100 experienced users, or Val, himself. Let's say I wanted a custom cable for the M-100's. Would it work if I got a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable, except it is then Y-split into two more 3.5mm cables, so I got a jack for each side of the M-100's cups? Or do the M-100's work better/only work with just one side?

 

Thanks:)

 

The other side is just a daisy chain so you can have a buddy hook their headphones into your "other" ear cup and hear what you're hearing.  They aren't both inputs.  (well technically they are but as soon as you plug on in, the other one because the output).

post #15261 of 22939
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdynsty25 View Post

 

The other side is just a daisy chain so you can have a buddy hook their headphones into your "other" ear cup and hear what you're hearing.  They aren't both inputs.  (well technically they are but as soon as you plug on in, the other one because the output).

This isn't technically correct. If you plug a different source into each input, you'll hear both sources simultaneously. You can also use a splitter and have the same source coming in on both sides, but the sound is off. I don't know the technical terms I think it might have something to do with impedance. I sometimes would hook up two inputs so I could talk on the phone while playing a game. Try it! If you mix two different songs you get some interesting sounds.

post #15262 of 22939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evshrug View Post

Benny-x,
I guess "you" is referring to Miceblue, even tho you quoted me? I live in the US, tho I admit to not checking the Verza's price. Stax does start to look more attractive, but $700 is still $700 (plus shipping).

I want an iPhone 4S with more memory than the base model, but frustratingly (in America) we can't get that phone (with 32GB storage and up) as part of a subsidized plan anymore. I understand the reasoning for Apple to switch to the all-digital lighting cable (let's be honest, way more people had durability problems than an interest in portable LOD capability), and I know that USB connectors for phones have seen several connector type changes during the long reign of Apple's 30-pin connector, but it still sucks that now it's even harder to get true line-out to an amp. IIRC, the reason it's difficult for external DACs to get the digital signal for music from the Lightning port is due to licensing?

I'm still not convinced of the value of an external DAC in a portable setting tho.

Haha, my bad... I looked back at the other page and spotted Adman164's location in the post above yours :-(  It's not $400, but still, it's not gonna be 9 for you either. Haha, here I was happy to be helping...

 

As for with the 4S, I've got the i Phone 4 and my M100s sounded great out of it. I was really happy with the sound, at least compared to my stock Galaxy S3. But like I mentioned, since buying the M100s I have gotten an iBasso D42 DAC+AMP combo and man can I ever tell you it sounds great. I use mine on the commute to work (bus or train) and have used it for one flight so far and can assure you that it sounds better than stock in those environments. I'm not a big micro-detail guy, I'm happy when the music sounds as real as I can get it, and the D42 gets that across while I'm not just in quite listening environments.

 

YMMV and cost is important, but I wouldn't write off $300 to get what I've gotten with the iBasso just because you're talking about spending $700 with the Verza and that not working for you. If you're only looking at the iPhone + Verza combo, then I'd go iPhone only just like you're thinking, but if you're willing to consider other options then that's where I sit.

post #15263 of 22939
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderNhan View Post

This isn't technically correct. If you plug a different source into each input, you'll hear both sources simultaneously. You can also use a splitter and have the same source coming in on both sides, but the sound is off. I don't know the technical terms I think it might have something to do with impedance. I sometimes would hook up two inputs so I could talk on the phone while playing a game. Try it! If you mix two different songs you get some interesting sounds.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdynsty25 View Post

 

The other side is just a daisy chain so you can have a buddy hook their headphones into your "other" ear cup and hear what you're hearing.  They aren't both inputs.  (well technically they are but as soon as you plug on in, the other one because the output).

 

Alright, thanks for the responses, guys. So in short, it's best to use just one of the two sides.

post #15264 of 22939

They are both inputs AND outputs, but yes it is best to only use one of them as input due to signal interference.

post #15265 of 22939
When are the XL pads coming out?

My ears can touch the cold drivers with the current ones, so I kind of have to wear it slightly "on-ears" style, if you know what I mean.
post #15266 of 22939
I hear the m-100's are going for 250 usd on amazon.
post #15267 of 22939
Quote:
Originally Posted by x838nwy View Post

I hear the m-100's are going for 250 usd on amazon.

holy crap i see it, omg im so tempted, 250 for m100 or 180 for a mdr 1r OMG#$#@$@#

post #15268 of 22939

Just the Shadows. The Matte Black is $290 and the White Silver is $300.

 

post #15269 of 22939
Quote:
Originally Posted by x838nwy View Post

I hear the m-100's are going for 250 usd on amazon.
Thanks for this. I placed my order somewhere else cause it was cheaper and I wouldn't have to deal with cross-border shipping and other headaches, but this is definitely a better deal since now I can use my Amazon giftcard balance too and can return them if I don't like the sound signature all the while still being cheaper.
post #15270 of 22939

Amazon fluctuates pricing from time to time, bought the yamaha pro 500's for 300 bucks, such a shame I had to send them back.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.