- 3,293 Posts. Joined 3/2009
- Location: Pittsburgh, PA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- First headphone Last post on 12/18/12 at 6:15am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 7/3/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 7/6/14
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1014post #15196 of 211656/27/13 at 3:42pmI'm about to make the jump, I think! Now, if only I could draw a face for my shield design that doesn't look like a kid Jay Leno, hahaha. My thinking is, now I've got the budget, and my interest in the M-100 is no passing thing since I've been eyeing them for a year and a half, lol!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #15197 of 211656/28/13 at 1:19ampost #15198 of 211656/28/13 at 7:32amQuote:post #15199 of 211656/28/13 at 9:14amQuote:Originally Posted by miceblue
Yeah, are you using legitimate FiiO products? (i.e. do they have the scratch confirmation code at the back of your product?)
On the topic of V-MODA earphones, I just heard Justin Timberlake's "What Goes Around...Comes Around" on the radio. That was pretty much THE test track I used for my V-MODA Vibes. :D
I had my L1 go bad within a month also. I checked and it was definitely a legit FiiO product.post #15200 of 211656/28/13 at 10:59amQuote:
The M-100 is not as bright as the HD280, but are closer to neutral in comparison, certainly not dark. The M-100 sounds much better to my ears with a bigger soundstage, greater midrange detail and, of course, M-100 bass is far superior to the HD280. Regarding comfort, the M-100 should feel like soft pillows compared to the vise-like grip of the HD280- OUCH!!!post #15201 of 211656/28/13 at 7:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by Craigster75
The M-100 is not as bright as the HD280, but are closer to neutral in comparison, certainly not dark. The M-100 sounds much better to my ears with a bigger soundstage, greater midrange detail and, of course, M-100 bass is far superior to the HD280. Regarding comfort, the M-100 should feel like soft pillows compared to the vise-like grip of the HD280- OUCH!!!
Can't remember how tight my 280's were as I've had them for 8 years :P But if the M-100 certainly do feel like a pillow compared to what I've already been comfortable with over the years and superior to its sound, I'll definitely have to get it!Quote:
This helps, guys. Thanks! :]post #15203 of 211656/28/13 at 8:58pm
In comparison to the 280s? Yeah... I agree. They are pillows in comparison... The 280s were extremely high clamping with poor pleather pads that were just uncomfortable after 30 minutes.post #15204 of 211656/28/13 at 9:12pmpost #15205 of 211656/28/13 at 9:42pm
WOW. 100+ pages since I've last been here since like.... winter.... I've all but quit head-fi for the most part, mostly because of time, and mostly because I'm SUPER happy with my M-100s, and don't see any reason to get anythng else, and even if I did, I've spent enough time on the site that my wishlist isn't budging.
ANYWAYS. Aside from my short anecdote on my absence, my M-100s could us a new cable (the original SpeakEasy kevlar is frayed to no return (I'll get a picture of it.... once I find it) and I do want some new shields, and the XL pads would be REAL nice to have. Oh, and the ProCoil cable....
TL:DR - I'm back (briefly), and real lazy. Whats the word on the XL Pads, and the ProCoil cable?
Edited by Apo0th3karY - 6/28/13 at 9:43pmpost #15206 of 211656/28/13 at 9:47pm
NEVERMIND! I went ONE page back and saw Val's update. lol Well this is great news!
Val, you rock.
Anyways, I see the M-100 hype train is as strong as ever? Anything I miss in these last like.... 4 months?post #15207 of 211656/28/13 at 9:48pmpost #15208 of 211656/29/13 at 1:02amQuote:
Lets see, the thread has derailed a dozen times, miceblue has disassembled and reassembled his M-100's a couple of dozen times, and Craigster75 has become secretly engaged to his M-100. On my end, when out and about I still get looks from people concerning my cans and have had to field questions a half dozen times on make, model, pricing and where I got them. Overall, it's been an entertaining time on the thread. You should hang out here more oftenpost #15209 of 211656/29/13 at 3:28ampost #15210 of 211656/29/13 at 8:08amQuote:Originally Posted by DigitalFreak
Lets see, the thread has derailed a dozen times, miceblue has disassembled and reassembled his M-100's a couple of dozen times, and Craigster75 has become secretly engaged to his M-100. On my end, when out and about I still get looks from people concerning my cans and have had to field questions a half dozen times on make, model, pricing and where I got them. Overall, it's been an entertaining time on the thread. You should hang out here more often
Well, the secret is out, but I am cheating with Sig DJ and spicing things up by adding Verza into the mixReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 15 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 22 seconds ago
- › Toxic Cable Silver Widow for Audeze 1 minute ago
- › Which open headphones would be a good compliment to my NAD Viso HP50? 2 minutes ago
- › FIIO x3 + HD 650 ? Sound quality vs portability ? 3 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 4 minutes ago
- › High End CIEM/IEM Thread! 5 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 5 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 8 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 8 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)