- 3,234 Posts. Joined 3/2009
- Location: Pittsburgh, PA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- First headphone Last post on 12/18/12 at 6:15am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 7/3/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 7/6/14
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your Ref 1...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
Read a ton of reviews before purchasing. However, I will be honest and say that I was a bit let down by the bass. Don't get me wrong, its very detailed and balanced and perhaps there lies my issue,...
Schiit Ragnarok: Is It Love, or Is It Just Schiit? Introduction: This part is just to give you some background on my experience and how I’ve arrived at the Schiit Ragnarok...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1014post #15196 of 210636/27/13 at 3:42pmI'm about to make the jump, I think! Now, if only I could draw a face for my shield design that doesn't look like a kid Jay Leno, hahaha. My thinking is, now I've got the budget, and my interest in the M-100 is no passing thing since I've been eyeing them for a year and a half, lol!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #15197 of 210636/28/13 at 1:19ampost #15198 of 210636/28/13 at 7:32amQuote:post #15199 of 210636/28/13 at 9:14amQuote:Originally Posted by miceblue
Yeah, are you using legitimate FiiO products? (i.e. do they have the scratch confirmation code at the back of your product?)
On the topic of V-MODA earphones, I just heard Justin Timberlake's "What Goes Around...Comes Around" on the radio. That was pretty much THE test track I used for my V-MODA Vibes. :D
I had my L1 go bad within a month also. I checked and it was definitely a legit FiiO product.post #15200 of 210636/28/13 at 10:59amQuote:
The M-100 is not as bright as the HD280, but are closer to neutral in comparison, certainly not dark. The M-100 sounds much better to my ears with a bigger soundstage, greater midrange detail and, of course, M-100 bass is far superior to the HD280. Regarding comfort, the M-100 should feel like soft pillows compared to the vise-like grip of the HD280- OUCH!!!post #15201 of 210636/28/13 at 7:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by Craigster75
The M-100 is not as bright as the HD280, but are closer to neutral in comparison, certainly not dark. The M-100 sounds much better to my ears with a bigger soundstage, greater midrange detail and, of course, M-100 bass is far superior to the HD280. Regarding comfort, the M-100 should feel like soft pillows compared to the vise-like grip of the HD280- OUCH!!!
Can't remember how tight my 280's were as I've had them for 8 years :P But if the M-100 certainly do feel like a pillow compared to what I've already been comfortable with over the years and superior to its sound, I'll definitely have to get it!Quote:
This helps, guys. Thanks! :]post #15203 of 210636/28/13 at 8:58pm
In comparison to the 280s? Yeah... I agree. They are pillows in comparison... The 280s were extremely high clamping with poor pleather pads that were just uncomfortable after 30 minutes.post #15204 of 210636/28/13 at 9:12pmpost #15205 of 210636/28/13 at 9:42pm
WOW. 100+ pages since I've last been here since like.... winter.... I've all but quit head-fi for the most part, mostly because of time, and mostly because I'm SUPER happy with my M-100s, and don't see any reason to get anythng else, and even if I did, I've spent enough time on the site that my wishlist isn't budging.
ANYWAYS. Aside from my short anecdote on my absence, my M-100s could us a new cable (the original SpeakEasy kevlar is frayed to no return (I'll get a picture of it.... once I find it) and I do want some new shields, and the XL pads would be REAL nice to have. Oh, and the ProCoil cable....
TL:DR - I'm back (briefly), and real lazy. Whats the word on the XL Pads, and the ProCoil cable?
Edited by Apo0th3karY - 6/28/13 at 9:43pmpost #15206 of 210636/28/13 at 9:47pm
NEVERMIND! I went ONE page back and saw Val's update. lol Well this is great news!
Val, you rock.
Anyways, I see the M-100 hype train is as strong as ever? Anything I miss in these last like.... 4 months?post #15207 of 210636/28/13 at 9:48pmpost #15208 of 210636/29/13 at 1:02amQuote:
Lets see, the thread has derailed a dozen times, miceblue has disassembled and reassembled his M-100's a couple of dozen times, and Craigster75 has become secretly engaged to his M-100. On my end, when out and about I still get looks from people concerning my cans and have had to field questions a half dozen times on make, model, pricing and where I got them. Overall, it's been an entertaining time on the thread. You should hang out here more oftenpost #15209 of 210636/29/13 at 3:28ampost #15210 of 210636/29/13 at 8:08amQuote:Originally Posted by DigitalFreak
Lets see, the thread has derailed a dozen times, miceblue has disassembled and reassembled his M-100's a couple of dozen times, and Craigster75 has become secretly engaged to his M-100. On my end, when out and about I still get looks from people concerning my cans and have had to field questions a half dozen times on make, model, pricing and where I got them. Overall, it's been an entertaining time on the thread. You should hang out here more often
Well, the secret is out, but I am cheating with Sig DJ and spicing things up by adding Verza into the mixReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › Music Game IX 22 seconds ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 22 seconds ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 38 seconds ago
- › Chi-Uni-Fi 8.5 Chicago Area HP Meet - Nov 8th 2014 1 minute ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 2 minutes ago
- › New Sennheiser Momentum In ear 2 minutes ago
- › HE-560 versus HD800 (Anaxilus 2 modded) - impressions after a 2... 3 minutes ago
- › The NIKON Thread (Talk About Nikon Stuff here) 3 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX50/DX90 Wallpaper (320x240) Gallery 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)