- 4,243 Posts. Joined 3/2009
- Location: Pittsburgh, PA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 6/26/15
These are good headphones. I would have preferred a hard carrying case for the headphones, but, when you consider the cost of these cans, the soft carrying bag is acceptable. If you really...
This review is the summary section of Yulong DA8II in-depth review here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/779702/yulong-da8ii-in-depth-review Please visit the above thread for more...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction: Aune Audio has been making affordable audiophile products for quite a while now – They have a number of desktop DACs and amplifiers, and recently made an entry into the...
The ATH-CK9LTD’s were purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Audio-Technica. I’ve reviewed the ATH-CKR9 and ATH-CKR10 earlier, those reviews are available...
Intro: JDS Labs, Is an American company based in Collinsville, Illinois. They make headphone amplifiers & DAC’s. Mr. John Seaber is the man behind JDS Labs. We might remember JDS Labs when they...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1014post #15196 of 219526/27/13 at 3:42pmI'm about to make the jump, I think! Now, if only I could draw a face for my shield design that doesn't look like a kid Jay Leno, hahaha. My thinking is, now I've got the budget, and my interest in the M-100 is no passing thing since I've been eyeing them for a year and a half, lol!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #15197 of 219526/28/13 at 1:19ampost #15198 of 219526/28/13 at 7:32amQuote:post #15199 of 219526/28/13 at 9:14amQuote:Originally Posted by miceblue
Yeah, are you using legitimate FiiO products? (i.e. do they have the scratch confirmation code at the back of your product?)
On the topic of V-MODA earphones, I just heard Justin Timberlake's "What Goes Around...Comes Around" on the radio. That was pretty much THE test track I used for my V-MODA Vibes. :D
I had my L1 go bad within a month also. I checked and it was definitely a legit FiiO product.post #15200 of 219526/28/13 at 10:59amQuote:
The M-100 is not as bright as the HD280, but are closer to neutral in comparison, certainly not dark. The M-100 sounds much better to my ears with a bigger soundstage, greater midrange detail and, of course, M-100 bass is far superior to the HD280. Regarding comfort, the M-100 should feel like soft pillows compared to the vise-like grip of the HD280- OUCH!!!post #15201 of 219526/28/13 at 7:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by Craigster75
The M-100 is not as bright as the HD280, but are closer to neutral in comparison, certainly not dark. The M-100 sounds much better to my ears with a bigger soundstage, greater midrange detail and, of course, M-100 bass is far superior to the HD280. Regarding comfort, the M-100 should feel like soft pillows compared to the vise-like grip of the HD280- OUCH!!!
Can't remember how tight my 280's were as I've had them for 8 years :P But if the M-100 certainly do feel like a pillow compared to what I've already been comfortable with over the years and superior to its sound, I'll definitely have to get it!Quote:
This helps, guys. Thanks! :]post #15203 of 219526/28/13 at 8:58pm
In comparison to the 280s? Yeah... I agree. They are pillows in comparison... The 280s were extremely high clamping with poor pleather pads that were just uncomfortable after 30 minutes.post #15204 of 219526/28/13 at 9:12pmpost #15205 of 219526/28/13 at 9:42pm
WOW. 100+ pages since I've last been here since like.... winter.... I've all but quit head-fi for the most part, mostly because of time, and mostly because I'm SUPER happy with my M-100s, and don't see any reason to get anythng else, and even if I did, I've spent enough time on the site that my wishlist isn't budging.
ANYWAYS. Aside from my short anecdote on my absence, my M-100s could us a new cable (the original SpeakEasy kevlar is frayed to no return (I'll get a picture of it.... once I find it) and I do want some new shields, and the XL pads would be REAL nice to have. Oh, and the ProCoil cable....
TL:DR - I'm back (briefly), and real lazy. Whats the word on the XL Pads, and the ProCoil cable?
Edited by Apo0th3karY - 6/28/13 at 9:43pmpost #15206 of 219526/28/13 at 9:47pm
NEVERMIND! I went ONE page back and saw Val's update. lol Well this is great news!
Val, you rock.
Anyways, I see the M-100 hype train is as strong as ever? Anything I miss in these last like.... 4 months?post #15207 of 219526/28/13 at 9:48pmpost #15208 of 219526/29/13 at 1:02amQuote:
Lets see, the thread has derailed a dozen times, miceblue has disassembled and reassembled his M-100's a couple of dozen times, and Craigster75 has become secretly engaged to his M-100. On my end, when out and about I still get looks from people concerning my cans and have had to field questions a half dozen times on make, model, pricing and where I got them. Overall, it's been an entertaining time on the thread. You should hang out here more oftenpost #15209 of 219526/29/13 at 3:28ampost #15210 of 219526/29/13 at 8:08amQuote:Originally Posted by DigitalFreak
Lets see, the thread has derailed a dozen times, miceblue has disassembled and reassembled his M-100's a couple of dozen times, and Craigster75 has become secretly engaged to his M-100. On my end, when out and about I still get looks from people concerning my cans and have had to field questions a half dozen times on make, model, pricing and where I got them. Overall, it's been an entertaining time on the thread. You should hang out here more often
Well, the secret is out, but I am cheating with Sig DJ and spicing things up by adding Verza into the mixReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 33 seconds ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 41 seconds ago
- › The Sub-$100 Portable Amps Shootout – 11(+1) amps compared 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 4 minutes ago
- › Pioneer's First Hi-End Headphones: SE-Master 1 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K240 Studio Review 4 minutes ago
- › SENNHEISER HD650 4 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 6 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier black by avitron142
- › Audio-technica Ath-m50 Studio Monitor Headphones Limited Red Model... by peter123
- › JDS Labs ODAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by ShaftShanker
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › SoundMAGIC E50S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone - RED by pformagg
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by Malfunkt
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2