- 4,063 Posts. Joined 3/2009
- Location: Pittsburgh, PA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 6/26/15
Preamble: I'm a budding audio-appreciator since starting on this journey a year ago. I just have average ears that like to listens to slightly above average sounds and so don't consider myself an...
***This is a tl;dr: review. please refer to other reviews for a more in-depth analysis on their amazing sound.*** For $100, you simply won't be getting anything better sound-wise than these cans,...
I own 3 High-end headphones ( HD 600, HD-650s, and HE 500s) and this amplifier does everything I want it to do. The headphones have been driven with authority, speed and transparency. The sound is...
Disclaimer: I would like to thank www.hifinage.com and Fidue for this review sample.I was supposed to keep it...
I received by LG for review purposes. Here are my thoughts are 6 weeks. Aesthetics. The unique ‘on-neck horse-shoe’ design is inconspicuous sits neatly and discreetly around the neck line....
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1014post #15196 of 217696/27/13 at 3:42pmI'm about to make the jump, I think! Now, if only I could draw a face for my shield design that doesn't look like a kid Jay Leno, hahaha. My thinking is, now I've got the budget, and my interest in the M-100 is no passing thing since I've been eyeing them for a year and a half, lol!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #15197 of 217696/28/13 at 1:19ampost #15198 of 217696/28/13 at 7:32amQuote:post #15199 of 217696/28/13 at 9:14amQuote:Originally Posted by miceblue
Yeah, are you using legitimate FiiO products? (i.e. do they have the scratch confirmation code at the back of your product?)
On the topic of V-MODA earphones, I just heard Justin Timberlake's "What Goes Around...Comes Around" on the radio. That was pretty much THE test track I used for my V-MODA Vibes. :D
I had my L1 go bad within a month also. I checked and it was definitely a legit FiiO product.post #15200 of 217696/28/13 at 10:59amQuote:
The M-100 is not as bright as the HD280, but are closer to neutral in comparison, certainly not dark. The M-100 sounds much better to my ears with a bigger soundstage, greater midrange detail and, of course, M-100 bass is far superior to the HD280. Regarding comfort, the M-100 should feel like soft pillows compared to the vise-like grip of the HD280- OUCH!!!post #15201 of 217696/28/13 at 7:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by Craigster75
The M-100 is not as bright as the HD280, but are closer to neutral in comparison, certainly not dark. The M-100 sounds much better to my ears with a bigger soundstage, greater midrange detail and, of course, M-100 bass is far superior to the HD280. Regarding comfort, the M-100 should feel like soft pillows compared to the vise-like grip of the HD280- OUCH!!!
Can't remember how tight my 280's were as I've had them for 8 years :P But if the M-100 certainly do feel like a pillow compared to what I've already been comfortable with over the years and superior to its sound, I'll definitely have to get it!Quote:
This helps, guys. Thanks! :]post #15203 of 217696/28/13 at 8:58pm
In comparison to the 280s? Yeah... I agree. They are pillows in comparison... The 280s were extremely high clamping with poor pleather pads that were just uncomfortable after 30 minutes.post #15204 of 217696/28/13 at 9:12pmpost #15205 of 217696/28/13 at 9:42pm
WOW. 100+ pages since I've last been here since like.... winter.... I've all but quit head-fi for the most part, mostly because of time, and mostly because I'm SUPER happy with my M-100s, and don't see any reason to get anythng else, and even if I did, I've spent enough time on the site that my wishlist isn't budging.
ANYWAYS. Aside from my short anecdote on my absence, my M-100s could us a new cable (the original SpeakEasy kevlar is frayed to no return (I'll get a picture of it.... once I find it) and I do want some new shields, and the XL pads would be REAL nice to have. Oh, and the ProCoil cable....
TL:DR - I'm back (briefly), and real lazy. Whats the word on the XL Pads, and the ProCoil cable?
Edited by Apo0th3karY - 6/28/13 at 9:43pmpost #15206 of 217696/28/13 at 9:47pm
NEVERMIND! I went ONE page back and saw Val's update. lol Well this is great news!
Val, you rock.
Anyways, I see the M-100 hype train is as strong as ever? Anything I miss in these last like.... 4 months?post #15207 of 217696/28/13 at 9:48pmpost #15208 of 217696/29/13 at 1:02amQuote:
Lets see, the thread has derailed a dozen times, miceblue has disassembled and reassembled his M-100's a couple of dozen times, and Craigster75 has become secretly engaged to his M-100. On my end, when out and about I still get looks from people concerning my cans and have had to field questions a half dozen times on make, model, pricing and where I got them. Overall, it's been an entertaining time on the thread. You should hang out here more oftenpost #15209 of 217696/29/13 at 3:28ampost #15210 of 217696/29/13 at 8:08amQuote:Originally Posted by DigitalFreak
Lets see, the thread has derailed a dozen times, miceblue has disassembled and reassembled his M-100's a couple of dozen times, and Craigster75 has become secretly engaged to his M-100. On my end, when out and about I still get looks from people concerning my cans and have had to field questions a half dozen times on make, model, pricing and where I got them. Overall, it's been an entertaining time on the thread. You should hang out here more often
Well, the secret is out, but I am cheating with Sig DJ and spicing things up by adding Verza into the mixReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › Apple Music... Seriously? 18 seconds ago
- › sound card with inbuit amp for beyer 880dt 600ohm 28 seconds ago
- › NuPrime DAC-10H - Desktop DAC and Headphone Amp 33 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 33 seconds ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Over ear headphones for casual use 1 minute ago
- › Cable Burn In with regard to Audio Directionality. 2 minutes ago
- › What % of equipment reviews do you believe? 2 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by RedTwilight
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by AvidlyEclectic
- › Schiit Asgard 2 by GustavoL1
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by vaibhavp
- › LG Electronics TONE INFINIM Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Retail... by lwbanerjee
- › Signature Acoustics Elements Series C-12 by vlenbo
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by twister6
- › Puro Sound Labs - IEM500 Earphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Matrix M-Stage by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by Dokins
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)