Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 102

post #1516 of 21201
Quote:
Originally Posted by valkolton View Post

 ...We hope they can even can be user replaced..

Can you elaborate on this?  I didn't quite understand.  Do you mean if the hinges break we can fix them ourselves if we order the part? 

post #1517 of 21201

I know the Revolver is 8 years in the making.  Do you have any sort of time table when it will be released? 

post #1518 of 21201
Quote:
Originally Posted by largemouth bass View Post

I know the Revolver is 8 years in the making.  Do you have any sort of time table when it will be released? 

before the years end

post #1519 of 21201

hope we see it soon in the far east too! :P

post #1520 of 21201

You, sir, are awesome. Steins;gate ftw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post

 

Is he enough of a Mad Scientist to drink Dr. Pepper and travel time?

 

Joking and obscure references aside, my hope to get these cans has not slowed down! If there are Pre-Signs COUNT ME IN!

 

 

 

As much as I was afriad to ask this, I really do want to know what would be the best alternative since I do not have an iDevice. I know Val might have plans to release other VAMP models for non-iDevices but that will be quite awhile from now!

post #1521 of 21201

 These are the m100s main rival don't you think..If you improve on the sound quality of the m80s with the m100s and make them a little more comfy and add a mic for calls you will have a winner on your hands..I will be buying three pairs of them for the back of the car with or without the mic!


Edited by our martin - 5/25/12 at 9:32am
post #1522 of 21201
Quote:
Originally Posted by our martin View Post

 These are the m100s main rival don't you think..If you improve on the sound quality of the m80s with the m100s and make them a little more comfy and add a mic for calls you will have a winner on your hands..I will be buying three pairs of them for the back of the car with or without the mic!


IMO, I disagree that this is the main competitor.  These are supra-aural as opposed to the M-100 which is circum-aural which makes a huge difference in bass presence, isolation and soundstage.  I would say the 1350 competes directly with the M-80 and the upcoming Sennheiser Amperior.  The M-80 is superior to either of these at almost half the price.  I expect similar value from the M-100 to perform in another league and compete favorably with any portable closed can in and above their price range.  The challenge for V-Moda isn't that they don't have a vastly superior product in terms of sound quality, styling and function, it is getting the message out to the uninformed who aren't on Head-fi and buy Beats or Souls because they don't know any better.  Val- Do you have a V-Moda vehicle with traveling listening stations that can drive around country so that the masses can hear the difference?  Let me know if you need a roadie :)


Edited by Craigster75 - 5/25/12 at 10:14am
post #1523 of 21201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post


IMO, I disagree that this is the main competitor.  These are supra-aural as opposed to the M-100 which is circum-aural which makes a huge difference in bass presence, isolation and soundstage.  I would say the 1350 competes directly with the M-80 and the upcoming Sennheiser Amperior.  The M-80 is superior to either of these at almost half the price.  I expect similar value from the M-100 to perform in another league and compete favorably with any portable closed can in and above their price range.  The challenge for V-Moda isn't that they don't have a vastly superior product in terms of sound quality, styling and function, it is getting the message out to the uninformed who aren't on Head-fi and buy Beats or Souls because they don't know any better.  Val- Do you have a V-Moda vehicle with traveling listening stations that can drive around country so that the masses can hear the difference?  Let me know if you need a roadie :)

They should get them into the glossy magazines and on the catwalk if they can and get them on the billboards at times square if they want to be as big as beats,Send loads out to people who are famous and who are big in the dj industry like david guetta calvin harris and judge jules pete tong and tiesto and laid back luke.. p.s make sure they sound as good as they look and you will have a winner! A quote from Steve Guttenberg at the show: "You can think of V-Moda like Beats done right." I think Steve's spot on. Really great job, Val! high praise steve guttenberg is the man when it comes to telling the truth about home audio believe me his reviews are spot on..Electric zoo would be a good place to start all the djs will be playing this year if you can make the deadline that is..

Electric Zoo Announces 2012 Lineup Featuring Tiesto and David Guetta

April 9th, 2012
Goto commentsLeave a comment
 
 
 

Electric Zoo 2012, one of New York’s premiere electronic music festivals, has just announced phase 1 of their artist lineup. The key headliners are Tiesto and David Guetta, although there are a ton of noteworthy artists included in the lineup. The festival takes place on Labor Day Weekend, August 31-September 2, at Randall’s island Park, NYC.

 


Edited by our martin - 5/25/12 at 3:28pm
post #1524 of 21201

I can't speak for the Amperion but the DT1350 is a completely different animal when compared to the M-80. First of all it's a brighter headphone and it's general sound is a complete 180 next to M-80. The DT1350's bass is lean and extends better then the M-80 but the M-80 slams a heck of a lot better then the DT1350. The DT1350 is a great headphone for treble driven detail lovers while the M-80 is a great headphone for people who love bass but are sick of bloat. Both cans are great cans but they're aimed and two totally different consumer types. I will say it's a tough call for me between the two as far as vocals are concerned. They both do vocals very very well IMO. 

post #1525 of 21201
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post

I can't speak for the Amperion but the DT1350 is a completely different animal when compared to the M-80. First of all it's a brighter headphone and it's general sound is a complete 180 next to M-80. The DT1350's bass is lean and extends better then the M-80 but the M-80 slams a heck of a lot better then the DT1350. The DT1350 is a great headphone for treble driven detail lovers while the M-80 is a great headphone for people who love bass but are sick of bloat. Both cans are great cans but they're aimed and two totally different consumer types. I will say it's a tough call for me between the two as far as vocals are concerned. They both do vocals very very well IMO. 

For me it comes down to this: who's the best in replicating the live sound you experience when visiting a live show or concert. This means an engaging and in-your-face sound signature, not analytical like the 1350. I want to have fun and *feel* the music (let the studio do the mastering). I bet the V-100 will be a pretty good shot at a "live show" :)

post #1526 of 21201
Quote:
Originally Posted by valkolton View Post

Highs extend further than M-80.  Bass is a bit like LP2 right now but slightly tighter, which prototype did you try?  We have a few roaming around so they have some uniqueness to each unit right now.

 

Hinges finished tooling!  The hinges will slightly break the ultra-sleek minimalism aesthetics of LP2/M-80, however many others like it as it adds to the "metal machine" look and they have a really amazing "movement/lock" that feels like a million bucks.  We hope they can even can be user replaced.  I view it like the part of a sport-bike motorcycle that is "naked" while the rest is still sleek.

 

did you see new small case?

 

I tried the one Bill brought over from Hong Kong. I had a chance to listen to it twice at the show and over at dinner (got to thank the VentureCraft boss who paid for dinner for everyone!!).

 

Dude, the small case you have for the M-100 is absolutely sick!!! I think that caught my attention more than the M-100 itself!! For you guys who missed the photo on the M100 shell case again :-

 

M100Shell.jpg

post #1527 of 21201

There is one thing that might be a nice touch to toss in with the M-100, something I miss having on my LP2's... A third cable, a shorter audio only.  Not all of us use idevices, or androids... I don't want a mic and set of buttons that I cannot use, and I don't want to snag an 80" cord on everything in sight.   Or maybe instead have two audio only cords (a 74" and 48") and a 6" extension that has the mic/controls on it?

post #1528 of 21201
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutescream View Post

There is one thing that might be a nice touch to toss in with the M-100, something I miss having on my LP2's... A third cable, a shorter audio only.  Not all of us use idevices, or androids... I don't want a mic and set of buttons that I cannot use, and I don't want to snag an 80" cord on everything in sight.   Or maybe instead have two audio only cords (a 74" and 48") and a 6" extension that has the mic/controls on it?


Val just posted a video unpacking the white M-80 where he explains that the single button cord can be reversed to work as an audio-only cable.

post #1529 of 21201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post


Val just posted a video unpacking the white M-80 where he explains that the single button cord can be reversed to work as an audio-only cable.

So, it has a 45 degree connector at both ends?  Is the M-100 a 1 button or 3 button?  The LP2 came with a 3 button.


Edited by mutescream - 5/26/12 at 9:16am
post #1530 of 21201

When do the m100's come out? i have the LP2's and really want the m100's!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.