or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 1002

post #15016 of 22821
@nicholars please try taking yourself less seriously. You have an opinion, that's fantastic, thank you. Others have theirs and they might not be the same as yours. Some really like these headphones and regardless of what you say, they're not going to be 'wrong' because that's their preference and you're not going to convince them otherwise.

Your many, many posts seem to be all about:
1.) You don't find these comfortable. But others do.
2.) You don't think they sound the way others have described.
3.) You feel that many give the m-100's more credit than you feel it deserves.
4.) You feel somewhat alone in finding these less likable than others because you received many replies that opposes your thoughts and opinions. This led (and I'm guessing here) you to become defensive and imho a bit offensive in getting your point across.

Neither 1 nor 2 isn't news to anybody. Heads are different and so are brains and ears. 3 is purely a matter of opinion and I think everyone now has a very very clear picture of yours so I think we can safely move on now.

4 is just a feeling, my friend. Threads about certain headohones are naturally subscribed to by people who like them, it's nothing personal and I hope you can find it in you to just leave others to their opinions and trusting that yours have been sufficently acknowledged.
post #15017 of 22821

Please try not to be so patronising thanks.

post #15018 of 22821
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholars View Post

Please try not to be so patronising thanks.

That was about the least "patronising" post I've heard. And all are valid points.
post #15019 of 22821

Hello.  smile.gif


Home of the Liquid Carbon, Liquid Crimson, Liquid Glass, Liquid Gold and
Liquid Lightning headphone amplifiers... and the upcoming Liquid Spark!

Reply
post #15020 of 22821

Hello too. smile.gif

post #15021 of 22821
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdynsty25 View Post


That was about the least "patronising" post I've heard. And all are valid points.

 

Yep OK. However I do not really think that any of my posts have been "out of order" or irrelevant... They are completely relevant to the headphones and all I was doing is discussing this as that is the name of the thread "discussion thread". However the "M-100 purchase justification brigade" came along and will not hear anything negative said about them. My points are still completely valid about the missing / very quiet frequencies and amount of the recording that you are effectively missing. However as I said these are pretty good for some genres but I still think I prefer the Momentums for pretty much every genre as they have so much more detail in the mids and treble. On a more positive note I do find that my ears seem to have got used to these a bit and I can wear them for about an hour before I have to remove them due to ear pain.


Edited by nicholars - 6/18/13 at 6:41am
post #15022 of 22821
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholars View Post

 

Yep OK. However I do not really think that any of my posts have been "out of order" or irrelevant... They are completely relevant to the headphones and all I was doing is discussing this as that is the name of the thread "discussion thread". However the "M-100 purchase justification brigade" came along and will not hear anything negative said about them. My points are still completely valid about the missing / very quiet frequencies and amount of the recording that you are effectively missing. However as I said these are pretty good for some genres but I still think I prefer the Momentums for pretty much every genre as they have so much more detail in the mids and treble. On a more positive note I do find that my ears seem to have got used to these a bit and I can wear them for about an hour before I have to remove them due to ear pain.


Please.  Stop.  Responding. 

 

Talking M-100's should be all this is about.  Not defending your position or trying to damage control.  You said at least three times you were going to stop posting and here you are.  Really getting old.

 

And I tend to agree with some of your issues with the M-100.................but come on man.  Enough already. 

post #15023 of 22821

No I am entitled to share my views on the headphones.


Edited by nicholars - 6/18/13 at 7:47am
post #15024 of 22821
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholars View Post

No I am entitled to share my views on the headphones.

 

I will be taking this issue up with my local law enforcement if you continue to harass me in this manner.


This is really your reaction after you have stated multiple times you are done posting here? 

 

You have nothing to add at this point and only selfishly take the joy of mature and civil interaction out of this thread for others. 

 

We get it, you don't think the M-100 is all that.  I hope the the moderators who are Head-fi's enforcement and are the only authority that would care to get involved in dealing with your increasingly ridiculous comments choose to remove you from this forum and the mistake of considering you a headphoneus supremus.

post #15025 of 22821
Can we stop this? The mods have already dropped their "smiling threats" :D Please post ONLY if you're going to be talking about the actual headphones, not harrasing one another (or accusing others of harrassing you)... or someone's gonna get banned.
post #15026 of 22821

It was only a joke. I cannot believe you are trying to get me banned I have not even done anything wrong. Not very nice is it.

 

I am not saying anything further about the M-100... Except for the following :

 

The soundstage sounds fake.

 

Treble detail is missing.

 

Midrange detail is missing.

 

Comfort is poor.

 

These are overhyped and in my opinion not great headphones. Hype must be due to the aesthetics and durability because the sound is certainly not impressive at £270. Ok I have said what I want to say I will not post anything further in this thread.

post #15027 of 22821
Mods everyone run!!
But in all seriousness I went from the m100s be side of comfort issues to momentums crap cable/ didn't feel really durable and the earpads were really uneven, to ue 9000 and 900 lets see how these babies are
post #15028 of 22821
Also with every replacements, the more I spend 310-350-800 LOL
post #15029 of 22821

I have never pretended that M-100 are some kind of perfect headphone. Right now they are *my* perfect circumaural portable. The Momentums had potential but lack of smaller form factor or at least collapsible design and not all that durable prevent me from considering them. I'm probably going to end up getting a DT1350 or something else to balance my portable headphone collection which is right now on the bassy side. I need something brighter. 

 

But for now I'm going to get my ASG-2s and call it quits until I have more money. (Though I might sell my TMA-1s to make way for another on ear portable in that price range)

post #15030 of 22821
Quote:
Originally Posted by TealRice View Post

Also with every replacements, the more I spend 310-350-800 LOL


I could have saved a great deal of time and money if I had the foresight to go for the Ultrasone Signature DJ out of the gate, but I suppose it's also about the journey.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.