or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 997

post #14941 of 22881
I do not own the m100 but I am shopping for a set of headphones and leaning towards the m100. If you didn't notice, the total votes is only 50 which is an extremely low sample size and not an accurate representation of the opinion of all m100 owners, Sorry. I assume that since you are reading forums, you know that the internet makes a mountain out of a mole hill, if I find the headphones comfortable, I am going to enjoy them and not go post everywhere
post #14942 of 22881
Quote:
Originally Posted by msavic6 View Post

I do not own the m100 but I am shopping for a set of headphones and leaning towards the m100. If you didn't notice, the total votes is only 50 which is an extremely low sample size and not an accurate representation of the opinion of all m100 owners, Sorry. I assume that since you are reading forums, you know that the internet makes a mountain out of a mole hill, if I find the headphones comfortable, I am going to enjoy them and not go post everywhere

 

Well I can assure you that if you buy them you will most probably have to either mod them (which messes up the bass) or return them, until the XL pads come out. Measure your ears and if they stick out more than about 1cm from your head they will touch the outside and become uncomfortable after 30-60 mins. I am just trying to be helpful, I am sure you will go ahead and buy them anyway, you have been warned.

post #14943 of 22881

I find them comfortable without the mod, as do all of my friends who have tried/owned them. How many friends, you ask? About a half dozen. I'm not including the people who own LPs/LP2s.

None of us have any comfort issues. Guess we're the 6 freaks in the world with tiny ears. I'm going to give my audiologist a call since he's the one that told me my ears were "cute."

post #14944 of 22881
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholars View Post

 

Well I can assure you that if you buy them you will most probably have to either mod them (which messes up the bass) or return them, until the XL pads come out. Measure your ears and if they stick out more than about 1cm from your head they will touch the outside and become uncomfortable after 30-60 mins. I am just trying to be helpful, I am sure you will go ahead and buy them anyway, you have been warned.

 

I'll say this. Not everyone has comfort issues. It all depends on your ears. I know several people who can wear them for hours without issue. Me, personally, can wear them for about an hour before they start to bother my ears a bit. If I know I need to wear them for a really extended period of time (rarely happens), I pad the back end a bit. It really doesn't mess with the sound at all, at least not in my experience. I'm trying to find a better solution now than to what I usually do though since it is not optimal. Luckily for the summer I use IEMs for travels, so I have time until I'll need these for traveling again to figure something out, or get the XL pads if they are released by then.

 

However, I cannot predict how a person will feel with them on their ears. I've seen about a 40/60 split of uncomfortable to comfortable. That makes it really hard to tell, it is almost exactly half of people I've personally talked to. Does that mean they are inherently comfortable because more people find them comfortable than not in my experience? No, because I don't share the opinion of the majority. Are they comfortable for the usual amount of time I use them? Yes, they are. But I can't use them for extended periods. I didn't notice it until I started using them for skype and gaming since I never used them for such long periods before. 

 

That said, the 1cm thing sounds right to me. My ears are just barely over 1cm out (1.15cm to be exact). And it causes me discomfort with extended listening. 

post #14945 of 22881
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholars View Post

Sorry for expressing my opinions on the headphones. It is just stupid how people get all offended when you say something negative about the headphones, if you come in and gush about them then that is fine but if you express a VERY VALID negative opinion suddenly everyone gets all upset about it. If you do not want to read both negative and positive points about your M-100 then do not visit the forums.

 

WOW DEM M-100 ARE THE BEST HEADPHONES I HAVE EVA ERD. WICKEDS SPARKLY TREBLES AND MONSTER BASS. DAMN THOSE LOOK LIKE SOMMIT OUT OF THE DARK KNIGHT INNIT, THEY IS WELL SLEEK AND DURABLE. BEST THINGS EVER.... (happy now?)

 

It wasn't that you expressed a negative opinion.  It was because you were a jackass about it.  Also, anyone who has read the thread know's that some people have had comfort issues.  Personally, I find them comfortable.  One thing that I can't understand is how you managed to rack up nearly 1,500 posts without getting yourself banned for having such a ****ty attitude.   

post #14946 of 22881

There is nothing wrong with my attitude I am just responding to other people,.

post #14947 of 22881

I disagree.

post #14948 of 22881

You are entitled to you opinion I have no problem with that.

post #14949 of 22881
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholars View Post

Well I can assure you that if you buy them you will most probably have to either mod them (which messes up the bass) or return them, until the XL pads come out. Measure your ears and if they stick out more than about 1cm from your head they will touch the outside and become uncomfortable after 30-60 mins. I am just trying to be helpful, I am sure you will go ahead and buy them anyway, you have been warned.

Well maybe you're the one who have a weird ear so that you can't wear them properly. They maybe extremely discomfort to you and discomfort to other people, but i think they're definitely not that uncomfortable to wear. Just because you're uncomfortable with it doesn't mean everyone will have to follow your opinion. It's just your suggestion, so don't "warn" people like it's some kind of bad thing like that. Maybe you are older than me, but i think you're acting really immature in this thread. If you think they're not for you then go ahead, return them. Complaning won't make you feel more comfortable you know. And don't bring thoese "frequency" or whatever it's to this thread. Frequency is just something to measure. The important thing is when you listen to them, do you like them or not? If you're happy with it then it's fine. Don't be such a picky like that. It's really annoying
post #14950 of 22881

Am I the only one who finds irony in the fact that he also own's the Momentum?

post #14951 of 22881

All I ever did was make a valid point on a forum which is to discuss headphones, sorry if you do not understand what I am saying about frequencies but that is not my fault is it. I merely expressed my opinion and made it clear that these are bad when it comes to comfort (sorry but they are) I have owned about 15 pairs and tried much more and these are the worst over ear headphones I have tried for comfort. Anyway I am bored of this thread because I have not heard hardly a single interesting or relevant reply. These sound OK but are very uneven sounding and have bad comfort, this is my opinion and I am entitled to say it. Goodbye I am not posting any further comments in this thread. I will be returning the V-moda and buying some better headphones instead.


Edited by nicholars - 6/14/13 at 8:11pm
post #14952 of 22881
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholars View Post

All I ever did was make a valid point on a forum which is to discuss headphones, sorry if you do not understand what I am saying about frequencies but that is not my fault is it. I merely expressed my opinion and made it clear that these are bad when it comes to comfort (sorry but they are) I have owned about 15 pairs and tried much more and these are the worst over ear headphones I have tried for comfort. Anyway I am bored of this thread because I have not heard hardly a single interesting or relevant reply. These sound OK but are very uneven sounding and have bad comfort, this is my opinion and I am entitled to say it. Goodbye I am not posting any further comments in this thread. I will be returning the V-moda and buying some better headphones instead.

I mean I understand the frequency but it's not necessary to do that. The M-100 are just not for it. If you measure the frequency with the some high-end headphones then it's fine, but this is the M-100, they're not meant to be use by strictly audiophile like you. They're for casual-listener or easy audiophile, so don't measure it. Not to mention you just measured them and didn't even tell how good, or how bad they're in specific genre.

I know that you want to be treated fairly, and i understand that you're older (maybe 3 times older than me) than most of us but you have acted really imature in your's previous post. If you don't like it then don't like it. If you feel uncomfortable with it then return it and tell us about it. Do whatever to make us feel that you have tried it and don't like it except for complaning. It would be whole lot easier than complain over and over again if you share something like "this thing has ok sound, but really uncomfortable, TO ME". It's your problem, not me, so don't make everyone feel the same way as you do

(i really want to talk more friendly but my English is not that good, so it might sound harsh. Sorry)
Edited by legendcheater - 6/14/13 at 9:18pm
post #14953 of 22881
Quote:
Originally Posted by legendcheater View Post


I mean I understand the frequency but it's not necessary to do that. The M-100 are just not for it. If you measure the frequency with the some high-end headphones then it's fine, but this is the M-100, they're not meant to be use by strictly audiophile like you. They're for casual-listener or easy audiophile, so don't measure it. Not to mention you just measured them and didn't even tell how good, or how bad they're in specific genre.

I know that you want to be treated fairly, and i understand that you're older (maybe 3 times older than me) than most of us but you have acted really imature in your's previous post.

Just stop feeding the troll and leave him thinking high and mighty in his happy place.  But I guess by his standard I would be blind as I have 2 pairs of M-100, thus not qualify to drive my GT-R or stay in my Carnegie Mellon CS Ph. D. program anymore.  Poor me.

post #14954 of 22881
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSheep View Post

Just stop feeding the troll and leave him thinking high and mighty in his happy place
.  But I guess by his standard I would be blind as I have 2 pairs of M-100, thus not qualify to drive my GT-R or stay in my Carnegie Mellon CS Ph. D. program anymore.  Poor me.

Well i don't think he is a troll. He's just a mature guy who don't know how to describe his feeling toward everyone else in a friendly way. I'm sure he is a good guy biggrin.gif
post #14955 of 22881

lol all this hate haha, the m100 is a great pair of headphones. Finding another pair is "better" highly subjective. Personally I find the headphones to be decently comfortable, they just fit my head right and I could wear 1-2hrs max, but my friends who tried it never thought it was uncomfortable. Don't miss out on a great pair of headphones just because some people said it was uncomfortable, try it for yourself! If not wait for the xl pad or just return it! This headphones is a great value and calling this is a worse headphone based on graphs and ideal preference is subjective. Just buy what you like in a headphone. Being neutral isn't what some people look for, they look for what they want to hear. The only headphone I could think that is worse is the beats studio since their poor construction, distorted and muddy sound and overall horrible value. Buy on what you favor, this is a great headphone! 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.