Parkour and headphones is not a good mix
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/3/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 11/28/16
This is a report about a new IEM from Brainwavz. The B100 Specifications: Drivers : Single Balanced Armature Rated Impedance : 50 Ω Frequency Range : 15 Hz ~ 22...
A little bit about me: So I am Neil. a normal music loving lad who works here in Japan. I commute everyday, and I am always searching for the best value for my music needs. I currently use the...
I tested these headphones and was not very impressed with them. The price was very high for a used pair of headphones and it did not seem to compete well with other brands at lower price points....
[[SPOILER]] Disclaimer: The CL1 were provided to me as a part of the North American Review Tour by RHA. I have been given 10 days to listen to and then write a review where I will pass them along...
SPECS: No written spec was found for the UMI-BTA9 WHERE TO BUY / COST: http://amzn.to/2h6jhkA $69.99 new ( often heavily discounted down to $25 or less ) OVERVIEW Happy...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 992
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #14867 of 229396/12/13 at 3:51pmpost #14868 of 229396/12/13 at 8:17pmpost #14870 of 229396/13/13 at 8:39ampost #14871 of 229396/13/13 at 9:28amQuote:Originally Posted by SpiderNhan
While doing parkour last night my M-100 flew off my head. I felt them slipping away like a hat being blown off by an approaching 6 train, but with both my hands holding onto scaffolding, my body sliding and spinning beneath that multi-tiered, metal skeleton, I was helpless. I grasped the audio cable attempting to yank the headphone back into my hands and in that effort I was only partially successful. I managed to rescue the audio cable. The M-100, however, disengaged and continued spiraling towards the cemented sidewalks of New York City. With a surprisingly gentle 'plop,' and to my absolute horror, they hit the ground popping the left ear cup off of its yoke.
I rushed to collect the remains of my fallen comrade, to reassemble it, to once again make it whole. In a way, it has never looked more complete. There is a reason why the metal plates gracing the sides of our M-100s are called shields and last night mine did exactly that. I wear my scratches with pride.
Wow, you sure do a lot of stuff.post #14872 of 229396/13/13 at 9:34ampost #14874 of 229396/13/13 at 10:32amQuote:Originally Posted by nicholars
I am not sure this is correct tbh... The M-100 have a MASSIVE treble peak which give false emphasis to the details whereas 598 is more accurate / realistic. If anything the M-100 is the one with the treble spike pushing the treble details into your face, whilst recessing other details at the same time. If anything the HD598 are presenting all the details whereas the M-100 are lacking detail. I don't even like the HD598 very much due to lack of bass and slightly boring sound but just that I am not sure your analysis is accurate... The m-100 have extremely up front bass and treble at the expense of everything else.
so no i dont own the 598, but i would hardly call the m-100s peak "massive". using sinegen to find the peaks, i found 2: at ~7.6 Khz and ~10 Khz. both of them around 4 dB. not what id call massive...post #14875 of 229396/13/13 at 10:33amQuote:Originally Posted by nicholars
I am not sure this is correct tbh... The M-100 have a MASSIVE treble peak which give false emphasis to the details whereas 598 is more accurate / realistic. If anything the M-100 is the one with the treble spike pushing the treble details into your face, whilst recessing other details at the same time. If anything the HD598 are presenting all the details whereas the M-100 are lacking detail. I don't even like the HD598 very much due to lack of bass and slightly boring sound but I am not sure your analysis is accurate... The m-100 have exaggerated bass and treble
Are you talking about the 3.5 kHz resonance spike (which should be there) or the 10 kHz spike which is there because of the recessed 5-8 kHz region? If it's the 3.5 kHz spike, look at what happens to it with DF-compensation on Tyll's graph: https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/VModaM100.pdf?time%3D0post #14877 of 229396/13/13 at 10:39amQuote:
That's a valid statement then. I didn't know which spike you were talking about the 3.5 kHz or the 10 kHz. The main reason that spike is there is because the 5-8 kHz region is recessed (to tame treble a bit and protect from sibilance probably). That 10 kHz spike can be a bit problematic though.post #14879 of 229396/13/13 at 10:56amQuote:Originally Posted by nicholars
I think v-moda went a bit too far.... Now all you can hear is the 8-11khz treble and can barely hear anything from about 4-8khz... Also the lower mids from 300-1000hz are recessed. I think they went a bit too far with the recessed mids and lower treble and the spike at 8-11khz... If they would have made them a bit more neutral they would have been better. They do sound good as long as you like the frequencies of 20-200hz and 8-11khz more than the others!
I usually EQ the 10k spike down along with the bass a bit, and it works fantastically.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › Newbie help: Audeze Sine vs Meze 99 Classics vs V-Moda XS/M-80/100... 51 seconds ago
- › Schiit Modi Multibit 230VAC 1 minute ago
- › Bowers&Wilkins new flagship the P9! 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Freya Impressions and Tube Rolling Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 5 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 5 minutes ago
- › Any new surround options out there for consoles?! 6 minutes ago
- › Focal Listen Impressions and Review 6 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz B100 Balanced Armature Earphone by Dsnuts
- › Audeze iSine 10 by neilmanalo
- › Stax SR-507 Electrostatic Earspeaker by audiophilehe400
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Delance26
- › UMIDIGI BTA9 Sports IEM by NA Blur
- › RHA CL750 by Jackpot77
- › MEE audio - MMCX SILVER-PLATED CABLE by Zelda
- › Skullcandy Crusher Wireless Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphone with Mic -... by fusiondragon
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by mokler
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by mokler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear