Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 985

post #14761 of 23022

By the way, I hadn't pulled out my M-100 recently until I picked up a V-Modex (DIY V-Moda/Fostex T50RP hybrid).

 

Anyway I had just received my Tera Player back from repair on the same day I received my V-Modex and thought I'd play around with these phones with the Tera.

 

The M-100 pairs very nicely with the M-100 rather interestingly. The dynamics seem to blossom more nicely and the M-100 seems to amplify the Tera Player's analogue-like signature. I've not tried the M-100 with my tube amps yet but may try that next.

post #14762 of 23022
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuuketsuki View Post

 

If you come Saturday through Monday you get to meet a fellow Head-fier beerchug.gif

I'm more than likely coming after work today around 5:30PM. This is the only day this week I can go, and am looking for a good replacement for my HFI-580's which are for sale over at the headphone sale's forum.

post #14763 of 23022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illbetheone View Post

I'm more than likely coming after work today around 5:30PM. This is the only day this week I can go, and am looking for a good replacement for my HFI-580's which are for sale over at the headphone sale's forum.

 

I'll be there :)

post #14764 of 23022
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

By the way, I hadn't pulled out my M-100 recently until I picked up a V-Modex (DIY V-Moda/Fostex T50RP hybrid).

Anyway I had just received my Tera Player back from repair on the same day I received my V-Modex and thought I'd play around with these phones with the Tera.

The M-100 pairs very nicely with the M-100 rather interestingly. The dynamics seem to blossom more nicely and the M-100 seems to amplify the Tera Player's analogue-like signature. I've not tried the M-100 with my tube amps yet but may try that next.
i just got a t50rp today so far its quite the sonic treat! and the vmodex sounds like it would sound amazing !
take my money now!.....NOW *Throws money at computer screen*
post #14765 of 23022

extremely happy with the pairing smile_phones.gif

 

post #14766 of 23022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evshrug View Post

Benny-X,
It's surprising what a well-built amp will do for the sound. On many headphones, I've found that a good headphone amp makes music sound less congested and grainy, more "euphoric" and musical, without necessarily needing to make louder overall volume. I have a FiiO E12, fits in a pocket but maybe too big to carry every day at whim, and I am very pleased with it's performance.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudeboybass View Post

^ yes i think (imo) that the m100 scales when paired with a dac amp i find that through my e17+e09k bolth my lp2 and the m100 seem to become very tight and controlled sounding compaired just to the e17 or just out of an iphone/ my sony mp3.

 

Evshrug, that's pretty much exactly what I meant. The music is less congested and euphoric, while being able to be played at normal volumes. I'm still really impressed with what it did and, haha, I can't turn back anymore. I don't mind some extra bulk because I'll be able to throw it all in a shoulder bag or backpack, but yeah, I couldn't get one that's just a block or something that doesn't have a matching form factor. 

 

And Rudeboybass, thanks, I'll have to put some more thought into the M100 dac+amp then. I was very happy to hear someone else had noticed this too with these specific 'phones.

 

The major problem I'm having with the bulkiness issue is the Vamp Verza. The thing fits together like Lego and mates with the 3 phones I'd possibly pair it with, the Galaxy S3, S4, and iPhone 5... It's just that it's like $700 for that amp+case combo and it doesn't have the mW output that an RSA Intruder or iBasso D6 have. Haha, there's no simple way to increase that, is there? Damn that thing is prohibitively expensive...

post #14767 of 23022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny-x View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evshrug View Post

Benny-X,

It's surprising what a well-built amp will do for the sound. On many headphones, I've found that a good headphone amp makes music sound less congested and grainy, more "euphoric" and musical, without necessarily needing to make louder overall volume. I have a FiiO E12, fits in a pocket but maybe too big to carry every day at whim, and I am very pleased with it's performance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudeboybass View Post

^ yes i think (imo) that the m100 scales when paired with a dac amp i find that through my e17+e09k bolth my lp2 and the m100 seem to become very tight and controlled sounding compaired just to the e17 or just out of an iphone/ my sony mp3.

Evshrug, that's pretty much exactly what I meant. The music is less congested and euphoric, while being able to be played at normal volumes. I'm still really impressed with what it did and, haha, I can't turn back anymore. I don't mind some extra bulk because I'll be able to throw it all in a shoulder bag or backpack, but yeah, I couldn't get one that's just a block or something that doesn't have a matching form factor. 

And Rudeboybass, thanks, I'll have to put some more thought into the M100 dac+amp then. I was very happy to hear someone else had noticed this too with these specific 'phones.

The major problem I'm having with the bulkiness issue is the Vamp Verza. The thing fits together like Lego and mates with the 3 phones I'd possibly pair it with, the Galaxy S3, S4, and iPhone 5... It's just that it's like $700 for that amp+case combo and it doesn't have the mW output that an RSA Intruder or iBasso D6 have. Haha, there's no simple way to increase that, is there? Damn that thing is prohibitively expensive...
also it sounded like i was bashing the e17, i really enjoy it paired with my sony a865. sounds awsome and gets loud enough for anyone. and not to mention the great price
post #14768 of 23022
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

By the way, I hadn't pulled out my M-100 recently until I picked up a V-Modex (DIY V-Moda/Fostex T50RP hybrid).

 

Where can I get such a thing? O.O

post #14769 of 23022
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkfireblade25 View Post

Where can I get such a thing? O.O

DIY smily_headphones1.gif.
post #14770 of 23022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tman5293 View Post

 

That seems to be the size that everyone uses. Three clicks on each side and it fits like a glove. smily_headphones1.gif

Lol didn't even know they could be adjusted.. always wore them how they came--all the way in.. Now i know :)

post #14771 of 23022

I'd recommend to play around a bit with the headband extension -- I started out with 4 clicks. Although they seemed to fit they became uncomfortable after a while. Now I settled on 2 clicks and find them much more comfortable. Though the pads could still be a bit deeper I'm not anxiously waiting for the XL pads anymore ;-)

post #14772 of 23022

so im thinking of breaking my no-full-sized-cans-outdoors rule, even though im sure ill get stared at on the train/bus, and start taking my m-100s to college with me. however, i have no interest in taking the case, its just too much hassle putting the m-100s in and taking them out and all. is there anyone here who just folds his m-100s up and throws them in his bag on a daily basis? will they survive such treatment? i know theyve been subjected to many durability tests, some more imaginative then others, but this is a question of long term durability, not one of lets-abuse-these-things-and-see-what-happens type of thing. do you think theyll be able to pull through 4 years of being owned by a student?

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

By the way, I hadn't pulled out my M-100 recently until I picked up a V-Modex (DIY V-Moda/Fostex T50RP hybrid).

 

Anyway I had just received my Tera Player back from repair on the same day I received my V-Modex and thought I'd play around with these phones with the Tera.

 

The M-100 pairs very nicely with the M-100 rather interestingly. The dynamics seem to blossom more nicely and the M-100 seems to amplify the Tera Player's analogue-like signature. I've not tried the M-100 with my tube amps yet but may try that next.

 

what on earth do you mean by a "V-Moda/Fostex T50RP hybrid"? could we have some more details? sounds interesting

post #14773 of 23022
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamlr View Post

so im thinking of breaking my no-full-sized-cans-outdoors rule, even though im sure ill get stared at on the train/bus, and start taking my m-100s to college with me. however, i have no interest in taking the case, its just too much hassle putting the m-100s in and taking them out and all. is there anyone here who just folds his m-100s up and throws them in his bag on a daily basis? will they survive such treatment? i know theyve been subjected to many durability tests, some more imaginative then others, but this is a question of long term durability, not one of lets-abuse-these-things-and-see-what-happens type of thing. do you think theyll be able to pull through 4 years of being owned by a student?

 

 

 

 

what on earth do you mean by a "V-Moda/Fostex T50RP hybrid"? could we have some more details? sounds interesting

The M-100 is very durable and tossing them into a bag while on the go is fine. I do from time to time, but I prefer the using the case because I have the White M-100 and it dirties a little. The one thing I would be weary of is getting scratches on the shields. Make sure ringed binders and pens aren't flopping around inside the bag. Also, don't forget about the ends of the audio cable.

And you can find the V-MODEX DIY instructions here.

post #14774 of 23022
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderNhan View Post

The M-100 is very durable and tossing them into a bag while on the go is fine. I do from time to time, but I prefer the using the case because I have the White M-100 and it dirties a little. The one thing I would be weary of is getting scratches on the shields. Make sure ringed binders and pens aren't flopping around inside the bag. Also, don't forget about the ends of the audio cable.

And you can find the V-MODEX DIY instructions here.


cheers! what do you mean about the ends of the audio cable? i was planning on unplugging the cable, folding it up in a similar way to how its shipped and putting that in one of the inner pockets. im assuming thats safe enough for them

 

thanks for the link =]

post #14775 of 23022
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamlr View Post

so im thinking of breaking my no-full-sized-cans-outdoors rule, even though im sure ill get stared at on the train/bus, and start taking my m-100s to college with me. however, i have no interest in taking the case, its just too much hassle putting the m-100s in and taking them out and all. is there anyone here who just folds his m-100s up and throws them in his bag on a daily basis? will they survive such treatment? i know theyve been subjected to many durability tests, some more imaginative then others, but this is a question of long term durability, not one of lets-abuse-these-things-and-see-what-happens type of thing. do you think theyll be able to pull through 4 years of being owned by a student?

I bring the M-100's daily to school and I just throw it in my backpack. It ends up sinking to the bottom of my bag and creates a big "hole" in my backpack, but it's fine other than that. The case is way too bulky and I ended up not using it after about a month since the zipper busted.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.