Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 98

post #1456 of 21161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Santa View Post

 

All the colors were posted earlier in the thread, I forget what page though.

Those were just mockups, he was asking us which ones we liked the best.  They won't actually release all of those at the same time.

post #1457 of 21161
Val can correct, but I believe he said first run will be in V-MODA's "shadow" style. Then Val was putting out mock-ups for our opinion on M-100s in white/gray, white/blue, black/gold (which a prototype was given to a dj for use, pics earlier in the thread. This would be amazingly popular in Pittsburgh, and for others who like "the city of champions," and for those who like "bling" that actually looks sleek and understated). Also, many people said they would like a pair in white or black with red/wine/cranberry accent. Oh, and matte black shields.

Personally, I'd like white & red, but I can probably get that with custom shields from the LP series smily_headphones1.gif
Edited by Evshrug - 5/20/12 at 4:30pm
post #1458 of 21161
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderNhan View Post

If you use the mic on the cable, hold off for a bit and get the new cable with the Super Mic. Val says they're coming soon and he may even give us a discount.

Nah, I don't need the mic.  But, I do thank you for considering that possibility. :)

 

This is just a cosmetic upgrade, and I don't own anything that could take advantage of the mic (I keep my portable devices separate; I hate the idea of having a dead phone, b/c I have been listening to tunes or watching vids).  I have the LP2 LE Limited edition, so it only came with black cables, black shields and an extra set of gunmetal shields.  I decided to go with a red theme (I have a red ringke case for my J3) with my portable setup.

 

I'm just not sure if the red or crimson will match the red cables better.


Edited by mutescream - 5/20/12 at 8:33pm
post #1459 of 21161
VALLLL pleaSe describe the sound moreso than just saying m-80-like pleaseeeeee
Like is it bright, mid centric, dark/warm, smooth signature, articulate and punchy, u shaped signature....... Come onnn biggrin.gif you are torturing me :>
post #1460 of 21161
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutescream View Post

Nah, I don't need the mic.  But, I do thank you for considering that possibility. :)

 

This is just a cosmetic upgrade, and I don't own anything that could take advantage of the mic (I keep my portable devices separate; I hate the idea of having a dead phone, b/c I have been listening to tunes or watching vids).  I have the LP2 LE Limited edition, so it only came with black cables, black shields and an extra set of gunmetal shields.  I decided to go with a red theme (I have a red ringke case for my J3) with my portable setup.

 

I'm just not sure if the red or crimson will match the red cables better.

Well, I have the black/red one-button Android cable and I definitely love the way it looks. V-MODA doesn't have a solid red cable, though. Here are a few I found.

 

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=806988&Q=&is=REG&A=details

806988.jpg

 

http://www.focalprice.com/product/IP0991R?utm_source=CS&utm_medium=GM_PA&utm_campaign=CS_PA_US_IP0991R&gclid=CMPYk5m-kLACFQyc7Qod_TSYrw

IP0991R-2.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Headphone-Headphones-Monster-Studio/dp/B007B8S4JI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1337572912&sr=8-2

31HPp43yy6L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

post #1461 of 21161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Santa View Post

 

All the colors were posted earlier in the thread, I forget what page though.

Page 67.

post #1462 of 21161
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderNhan View Post

Well, I have the black/red one-button Android cable and I definitely love the way it looks. V-MODA doesn't have a solid red cable, though. Here are a few I found.
 

 

Thank you for confirming they are black/red. I'm going to stick with the V-Moda cables, though.  Black and red will go well, as my headphones will be black and red when I'm done. :)

 

What color shields do you have?  if you have red, how well does the red on the shields match the cable?

post #1463 of 21161
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutescream View Post

 

Thank you for confirming they are black/red. I'm going to stick with the V-Moda cables, though.  Black and red will go well, as my headphones will be black and red when I'm done. :)

 

What color shields do you have?  if you have red, how well does the red on the shields match the cable?

The red in the red cables is really subdued, it's not a bright red at all.  It's honestly not even very noticeable...not sure if the red/black cables in the android cable that comes with it would be the same as the other red cables they sell though.

post #1464 of 21161
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBomb77766 View Post

The red in the red cables is really subdued, it's not a bright red at all.  It's honestly not even very noticeable...not sure if the red/black cables in the android cable that comes with it would be the same as the other red cables they sell though.

I think with the way the red and black is woven together, it makes the nylon sheath more durable, because I used the red cable at first with my M-80s and I didn't experience the fraying that so many people had complained about. When I switched to the black, three button cable, it started to fray pretty quickly. I wish Val would make the three-button cable available in red.

post #1465 of 21161
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilkoolaidman View Post

I think with the way the red and black is woven together, it makes the nylon sheath more durable, because I used the red cable at first with my M-80s and I didn't experience the fraying that so many people had complained about. When I switched to the black, three button cable, it started to fray pretty quickly. I wish Val would make the three-button cable available in red.

Hm, I did notice that the red/black one didn't fray like that, but I'd just assumed that was because I hardly used it.

post #1466 of 21161
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBomb77766 View Post

Hm, I did notice that the red/black one didn't fray like that, but I'd just assumed that was because I hardly used it.

I could just be crazy, I dunno. It just seemed like the red/black one didn't fray nearly as bad.

post #1467 of 21161

I use the V-Moda Mic cables with my TMA-1's and works well.  Much better than the cheapies out there.  IMO.

post #1468 of 21161

Well I tested the V-Moda LP2 cable with my Q40 headphones but I thought it had a slight highs-roll off with that cable.

post #1469 of 21161
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutescream View Post

 

Thank you for confirming they are black/red. I'm going to stick with the V-Moda cables, though.  Black and red will go well, as my headphones will be black and red when I'm done. :)

 

What color shields do you have?  if you have red, how well does the red on the shields match the cable?

Here. Worth a thousand words, right?
C360_2012-05-21-16-19-26.jpg

post #1470 of 21161
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGWiZaRD View Post

Well I tested the V-Moda LP2 cable with my Q40 headphones but I thought it had a slight highs-roll off with that cable.

I trust your opinion.  I haven't tested the SQ with the cables, just use it for convenience with my phone.  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.