Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 966

post #14476 of 21041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhymenoceros View Post

feeling like i made a bad choice going with the cmoybb now

How come?

post #14477 of 21041
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post


Says the person who claims the M-100 is flat.

When was the last time you actually heard the QC15's with your own gear with your own music? Over-boosted treble? Not in a chance. If you want to hear over-boosted treble, try a Shure SRH940. No mids? If you want no mids, try a Beyer DT 770 80 ohm. I'm sorry but both measurements, and my ears say otherwise.

Anyway, this is getting out of hand. I guess I shouldn't have compared the M-100 to the QC15 in the first place since apparently my ears must be hearing completely different things from what other people say despite giving them a good 15 minute listen today with my own gear.

Carry on.

 

Says the person who claims QC15 have forward mid-range, better treble and highs than the V-Moda 100. Even the Crossfade LP's are much much more detailed and balanced than the QC15. And the LPs by the way are very bass-heavy to me. Still good but defiantly not flat yet they are something I would much rather listen too than a pair of QC15's which feel like my eardrums are being tortured with pointy sharp needles from the harsh highs.

 

I tried my friend's QC15's many times with my own gear (as if that really matters?). Making assumptions is uncalled for on your part.

 

The M100 vs QC15 is not even a comparison. QC15 is a product marketed for the masses who travel a lot, want a lot of noise isolation and are generally ignorant on real sound quality but are easily impressed by mediocre sound quality, have a lot of money, are willing to spend it, easily fooled by marketing and branding.

 

M-100 is a product backed by it's hype of sound quality, portability and durability plus aesthetics.

 

A better comparison would've been something like the M-100 vs. Some Shure/Sennheiser headphone that is priced almost the same along with marketed as a portable headphone.

 

Trust me. One guy commented on youtube to ask a comparison for beats headphones vs M-100's. His comment was hidden due to the low rating. Essentially you have done the samething as him since Bose is pretty much the same low-quality overpriced trash as Beats... It's just that they do the opposite of over-boosting uncontrollable trebles which makes me feel like needles were stabbed into my eardrums.

 

And it's funny how Bose fans think they are using real pro audio-grade gear and that they are superior in audio quality appreciation than beats fans. When the truth is they are just as ignorant.

 

They ONLY think I would agree with anyone on bose headphones is their great noise isolation/cancellation and their extreme comfort. That's all. I have my opinions and judgements on products and you have yours.

 

Trying to shame me in my opinion as if I'm wrong and trying to discredit it by implying I'm dumb is really a cowardly low thing to do, miceblue and shows you believe your opinion is the end-all be-all truth. Any other opinion to contradict it must be a non-worthy non-expert opinion.

post #14478 of 21041
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post


Instead of inferring that I was kidding, do you mind sharing your impressions side-by-side then? They honestly didn't sound bad at all. Innerfidelity measurements are also pretty decent too.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv My BASS 1 View Post


#1 Rule of Head-Fi:
What may sound bad to you may not sound bad to others. I know of one head-fier who prefers Sol Republic Master Tracks to the ATH-M50.

They are by no means "bad", rather they sounded generic to me.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by money4me247 View Post

 

sooo, you're saying you refused to accept a $300 pair of headphones that was being given out for free?? lol...... that is hilarious.

 

i guess it does take a certain amount of stubborn courage to do something so silly =P

I know I know, but the QC15 is just not to my standard.  There were some constructions going on at CMU a while back, so my department (CS CASOS) decided to hand them out for us with offices close to the site.  Since I don't hang out in my office much, plus I know one other person from the department didn't get it since his office is off site, so I decided to gave mine to him.  I already have two pairs of M-100s and loads of IEMs already, I figured this will do both of us a favor.


Edited by DrSheep - 5/10/13 at 9:10pm
post #14479 of 21041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audioutte View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post


Says the person who claims the M-100 is flat.

When was the last time you actually heard the QC15's with your own gear with your own music? Over-boosted treble? Not in a chance. If you want to hear over-boosted treble, try a Shure SRH940. No mids? If you want no mids, try a Beyer DT 770 80 ohm. I'm sorry but both measurements, and my ears say otherwise.

Anyway, this is getting out of hand. I guess I shouldn't have compared the M-100 to the QC15 in the first place since apparently my ears must be hearing completely different things from what other people say despite giving them a good 15 minute listen today with my own gear.

Carry on.

 

Says the person who claims QC15 have forward mid-range, better treble and highs than the V-Moda 100. Even the Crossfade LP's are much much more detailed and balanced than the QC15. And the LPs by the way are very bass-heavy to me. Still good but defiantly not flat yet they are something I would much rather listen too than a pair of QC15's which feel like my eardrums are being tortured with pointy sharp needles from the harsh highs.

 

I tried my friend's QC15's many times with my own gear (as if that really matters?). Making assumptions is uncalled for on your part.

 

The M100 vs QC15 is not even a comparison. QC15 is a product marketed for the masses who travel a lot, want a lot of noise isolation and are generally ignorant on real sound quality but are easily impressed by mediocre sound quality, have a lot of money, are willing to spend it, easily fooled by marketing and branding.

 

M-100 is a product backed by it's hype of sound quality, portability and durability plus aesthetics.

 

A better comparison would've been something like the M-100 vs. Some Shure/Sennheiser headphone that is priced almost the same along with marketed as a portable headphone.

 

Trust me. One guy commented on youtube to ask a comparison for beats headphones vs M-100's. His comment was hidden due to the low rating. Essentially you have done the samething as him since Bose is pretty much the same low-quality overpriced trash as Beats... It's just that they do the opposite of over-boosting uncontrollable trebles which makes me feel like needles were stabbed into my eardrums.

 

And it's funny how Bose fans think they are using real pro audio-grade gear and that they are superior in audio quality appreciation than beats fans. When the truth is they are just as ignorant.

 

They ONLY think I would agree with anyone on bose headphones is their great noise isolation/cancellation and their extreme comfort. That's all. I have my opinions and judgements on products and you have yours.

 

Trying to shame me in my opinion as if I'm wrong and trying to discredit it by implying I'm dumb is really a cowardly low thing to do, miceblue and shows you believe your opinion is the end-all be-all truth. Any other opinion to contradict it must be a non-worthy non-expert opinion.

Please, I said to drop it, this is getting way out of hand. If you feel the need to reasonably support your objections, please send me a PM instead.

 

Measurements and my ears disagree with what you hear. I can say the same thing about the M-100 sounding anything but "flat".


Edited by miceblue - 5/10/13 at 9:34pm
post #14480 of 21041
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderNhan View Post

How come?

reading that it's a warmer amp and may highlight the weaknesses of the M-100.  also read the c&c bh is better for rock and detailed music.  but differences may be negligible.

 

seems like most amps i read about are warm anyway.

post #14481 of 21041
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Please, I said to drop it, this is getting way out of hand. If you feel the need to reasonably support your objections, please send me a PM instead.

 

Measurements and my ears disagree with what you hear. I can say the same thing about the M-100 sounding anything but "flat".

Fair enough. Let's move on and not get off topic. +1

post #14482 of 21041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audioutte View Post

 

Trying to shame me in my opinion as if I'm wrong and trying to discredit it by implying I'm dumb is really a cowardly low thing to do, miceblue and shows you believe your opinion is the end-all be-all truth. Any other opinion to contradict it must be a non-worthy non-expert opinion.

Post #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audioutte View Post

Do the v-moda m-100's lack kevlar for the two wires that between the left and right earcups? or do they have them?

 

If they left them out, they should have really put them in or at least than not have exposed the wires outside the headphones.

 

PS. Bose have anything but mid-range. All they have is harsh highs and an artificial overboosted treble. They have no sound-stage, mids, lows, instrument seperation or clear vocals. The sound isolation is great along with comfort but than build quality is cheap plastic and very poor. All for $300 not including sales tax? Sorry but I think I will pass. I don't understand why some people don't understand why Bose is bashed. I also would not want them for free; so what I will do is accept them and than sell them to you dumb saps who like them. A fool and his money are soon parted.

Post #1

 

Explicitly calling someone dumb...I see how it is...

 

Hmm...rolleyes.gif

 

Sorry, I had to. *Flees the M100 Thread. Won't be here for a while.

post #14483 of 21041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhymenoceros View Post

reading that it's a warmer amp and may highlight the weaknesses of the M-100.  also read the c&c bh is better for rock and detailed music.  but differences may be negligible.

 

seems like most amps i read about are warm anyway.


i admit i havent listened to my cmoy with the m-100, but with the dt 770 (250) i felt virtually no difference between the cmoy (jds labs v2.03) and the e11. i have read many reviews who claim otherwise, so take this with a grain of salt ofcourse.

i think the cmoy is a great portable. try it out before you regret it. 

you have made me curious though, i think ill try it with the m-100 tomorrow and see if i detect any "highlighted weaknesses".

post #14484 of 21041
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveTan View Post

Post #2

Post #1

 

Explicitly calling someone dumb...I see how it is...

 

Hmm...rolleyes.gif

 

Sorry, I had to. *Flees the M100 Thread. Won't be here for a while.

 

I gave a reasoning behind why I think people are dumb for spending that much money on Bose headphones. Specifically the sound quality and durability.

 

I didn't do the following...  "Says the guy who thinks so and so headphone is flat or warm or bright" to try to imply that they are not qualified to give an opinion.

 

Taking things out of context which is exactly what you are doing is a pretty cheap shot.


Edited by Audioutte - 5/10/13 at 10:13pm
post #14485 of 21041

Someone asked about the M-100 and the Galaxy Nexus. I can say that I listen at around 50% usually. Which is slightly higher than I listen at on my J3. It isn't terribly loud, but loud enough.

 

And they are forgiving enough that the DAC isn't terribly pressing. I'm sure if I got a better DAC I'd notice a difference, but it isn't like I'm torturing my ears by using my Galaxy Nexus as a source. 

post #14486 of 21041
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuuketsuki View Post

Someone asked about the M-100 and the Galaxy Nexus. I can say that I listen at around 50% usually. Which is slightly higher than I listen at on my J3. It isn't terribly loud, but loud enough.

And they are forgiving enough that the DAC isn't terribly pressing. I'm sure if I got a better DAC I'd notice a difference, but it isn't like I'm torturing my ears by using my Galaxy Nexus as a source. 

That's good to hear, do you use power amp on your nexus ?
post #14487 of 21041

curious: how long does it usually take for them to ship from when you place the order if you're getting custom shields?  i ordered on the 7th and they've changed status to Awaiting Shipment but nothing since then.

 

sure the answer is in this thread but kinda hard to search for it.  i also don't want to go pestering vmoda just yet.  thanks in advance.

post #14488 of 21041
How do the V-MODA M-100 compare to the V-MODA M-80?
Both are on my buy list but it seems silly, at this stage, to buy two phones from the same manufacturer that are so close together in price point.
post #14489 of 21041
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post


I just tried the QC15 at a local Bose store with my own gear about 3 minutes ago. Bass is a bit loose compared to the M-100 but well within my terms of acceptance and anything but floppy to me. Innerfidelity measurements also show a tight bass response. The midrange was forward and very clear next to the M-100's laid-back midrange and the treble was better extended. I didn't hear the sparkly treble peak that the M-100 has so rock music was more enjoyable to me. I don't really see why people bash Bose so much; the QC15 is definitely a headphone I would pick for frequent airplane travel.

 

I agree with you completely.  I know it's popular to feverishly bash certain brands around these parts (which in some cases is justified), but the QC15 have quite a lot going for them.  Last week I flew back from San Francisco and used the QC15 together with my Leckerton amp.  They really sounded quite good.  

 

Now before I get flamed as well, let me add that generally speaking I pick up the M100s for portable listening and not the QC15s.  But the M100s are far from perfect themselves and there are some things that the QC15s do better.  Just like at home, I'd always pick up the HE-500s over the M100s.  I have (and have had) many headphones, and most of them are enjoyable in their own way. When in a noisy environment the QC15s offer a very enjoyable listening experience and I'd recommend them to anyone who travels regularly.

post #14490 of 21041
Quote:
Originally Posted by msavic6 View Post

I'm currently using a set of on ear headphones that I got for free from a basketball tournament. They resemble beats and they must be fairly sensitive since I keep my phone on like 10-20% volume in power amp and they are very loud. The m100's would be my first ever set of headphones I purchased vs. getting for free with a smartphone.

I bought a Nexus 4 and found that to drive the M-100 to anything like a reasonable volume I needed it at between 80 and 100% volume and even then I could have tolerated louder. I found that the sound quality was not great either with recessed highs and fat but loose bass. I got rid for that reason as otherwise it was a great phone. Just for comparison purposes IPhone 4S volume equivalent to nexus 4 at max was 60%. So as an interim til you get another phone a small amp would probably be a wise investment.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.