Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 939

post #14071 of 21232
Quote:
Originally Posted by techboyjv View Post


I get it that bass shy isn't a bad thing, I agree it is all subjective to the user. Thanks for your insight smily_headphones1.gif

I still don't get this, if I go to a gig or concert, classical included I hear deep extended bass. In fact at every rock/pop/metal gig it's the dominant part of the sound. This is also what I want from a headphone, if you like a live sound. To me a good studio recording also captures this frequency spectrum and so should a good headphone, no?
post #14072 of 21232
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIghthawkC5 View Post

Guys...when you fold up your M-100's, is one cup higher than the other? Because when I fold mine up, they aren't exactly lined up. I hope it's just the headband still being tight from being packaged...

hey, that's pretty normal. i wldn't worry about it. happened w/ all the m100s i've played with.

post #14073 of 21232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogbellies View Post


I still don't get this, if I go to a gig or concert, classical included I hear deep extended bass. In fact at every rock/pop/metal gig it's the dominant part of the sound. This is also what I want from a headphone, if you like a live sound. To me a good studio recording also captures this frequency spectrum and so should a good headphone, no?


should?? i dont know about that... but hey, just get a pair of headphones with massive bass, whats the problem here?

post #14074 of 21232

so this guy msged me and sent me a video that will obviously offend me about taylor swift so i just blocked him, only been about a month on this site and i already have to block some1 D; (off topic btw :P)

post #14075 of 21232
Quote:
Originally Posted by TealRice View Post

so this guy msged me and sent me a video that will obviously offend me about taylor swift so i just blocked him, only been about a month on this site and i already have to block some1 D; (off topic btw :P)

This, in 3 days:

 

And since I find that song to be really annoying, time to listen to some cleansing music:

 

 

 

 

post #14076 of 21232
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

This, in 3 days:

 

And since I find that song to be really annoying, time to listen to some cleansing music:

 

 

 

 

thats one of my least favorite ts song, idk how it got the 3rd music video from teh album

post #14077 of 21232

So I decided to go down to the Sony Store to checkout the MDR-1R since they've slashed the price by $100.  And boy are those puppies light!  It feels like it's made from nothing and you hardly notice them when you put them on your head.  They are without a doubt, the most comfortable HP's ever made.  I'm just not sure about their durability.

 

Sound wise it was a pretty decent HP.  Everything was very clear but it just lacked a certain depth when I compared them with the M-100's.

post #14078 of 21232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy Ears View Post

So I decided to go down to the Sony Store to checkout the MDR-1R since they've slashed the price by $100.  And boy are those puppies light!  It feels like it's made from nothing and you hardly notice them when you put them on your head.  They are without a doubt, the most comfortable HP's ever made.  I'm just not sure about their durability.

 

Sound wise it was a pretty decent HP.  Everything was very clear but it just lacked a certain depth when I compared them with the M-100's.

+9001 to this.

 

The sound felt kind of congested to me.

post #14079 of 21232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy Ears View Post

So I decided to go down to the Sony Store to checkout the MDR-1R since they've slashed the price by $100.  And boy are those puppies light!  It feels like it's made from nothing and you hardly notice them when you put them on your head.  They are without a doubt, the most comfortable HP's ever made.  I'm just not sure about their durability.

 

Sound wise it was a pretty decent HP.  Everything was very clear but it just lacked a certain depth when I compared them with the M-100's.

 

I'll have to see if I can find a pair of those to listen to.  To be honest though, I kind of like a little bit of weight in my headphones.   

post #14080 of 21232
The sound felt kind of congested to me.
[/quote]

I wish I spent more time listening to them. I played some quick snippets of Flo Rida, Jason Mraz, ELT and Studio Ghibli soundtracks.

Definitely would have bought them if they were less than $200. Right now they seem to be at $200. What to do? : P
post #14081 of 21232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogbellies View Post


I still don't get this, if I go to a gig or concert, classical included I hear deep extended bass. In fact at every rock/pop/metal gig it's the dominant part of the sound. This is also what I want from a headphone, if you like a live sound. To me a good studio recording also captures this frequency spectrum and so should a good headphone, no?

EACTLY THE REASON WHY I GOT THIS HEADPHONE. I thing I do not like about neutral headphones is that they put the drummer in the back and is not prominent for me. When I play live performances with the M100 I get this warm full feeling just I would get if I ACTUALLY when to the concert. This is true +1000000!

post #14082 of 21232

shadow or matte black?

post #14083 of 21232
Quote:
Originally Posted by techboyjv View Post

EACTLY THE REASON WHY I GOT THIS HEADPHONE. I thing I do not like about neutral headphones is that they put the drummer in the back and is not prominent for me. When I play live performances with the M100 I get this warm full feeling just I would get if I ACTUALLY when to the concert. This is true +1000000!

 

Honestly the Yamaha Pro500, to my ears, is more natural than the M100s. However, I hate how they look and how they feel on my head. They are weird. And not nearly as portable as the M100s. 

 

But I agree, I like natural sounding headphones. I'm looking for a good balanced set for reference. 

post #14084 of 21232
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuuketsuki View Post

 

Honestly the Yamaha Pro500, to my ears, is more natural than the M100s. However, I hate how they look and how they feel on my head. They are weird. And not nearly as portable as the M100s. 

 

But I agree, I like natural sounding headphones. I'm looking for a good balanced set for reference. 

m100s arent suppose to be natural

post #14085 of 21232
Quote:
Originally Posted by TealRice View Post

shadow or matte black?


matte black with matte black brushed metal shields

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.