Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 937

post #14041 of 21094

thanks for your impressions miceblue! i was curious about how these stack up against the m-100

post #14042 of 21094
Don't know how to delete a post part 1.

Edited by flipper2gv - 4/20/13 at 2:07am
post #14043 of 21094
Don't know how to delete a post part 2.

Edited by flipper2gv - 4/20/13 at 2:07am
post #14044 of 21094

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashade View Post


I didn't try a lot of them. I think they are pretty good value, but there are maybe two or three cans I would consider as well, being probably:
- Soundmagic HP100
- Logitech UE6000 / UE9000 (if you want bluetooth).

Still, the V-Moda´s provide features that these ones are not gonna cover. I wouldn't see much further if you are willing to expend that amount of money. I love my Jaycar Pro Monitor though.

The UE6000 is just as good as the M-100 on the sound quality departement (except maybe less bass tightness overall), but its construction is much much cheaper.

The build quality on the m-100 is what convinced me to get them.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by techboyjv View Post

Hey Miceblue or Micheal, or anyone. I was wondering my friend said how good a value the m100 was. Can someone give me a list of headphones that are inferior compared to the m100. We all know every beats model ;)


Nothing in that price range is as solidly built, and TBH, I'm not sure there is a more solid headphone on the market right now. So, for that, they're unbeatable. In terms of sound quality? Cheaper products produce almost as good results (MDR-1R, UE6000 are what I think right now), but they usually are much less tight in the bass and the treble is not as well defined (both being the main strengths of the M-100's). 

 

But, all in all, I think the momentum have better sound qualities, but is definitely not as tanky as the m-100 and it doesn't have the same kind of bass impact.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by adamlr View Post

 

now, i have a thing with the m-100 bass response. i wonder if anyone else feels the same?

if you look at the frequency response, which can be found here: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/bassheads-delight-v-moda-crossfade-m-100

 

youll see that the rise in the lower end of the response actually starts at ~500 Hz. bass, atleast according to the head-fi glossary of terms, is the frequencies below 250 Hz. perhaps its because of this that i dont actually feel the bass is very prominent. it doesnt stand out at all. i eq it heavily in order to make it stand out the way i like it. nothing is any louder than the other sounds that its contrasted against, in this case, lower mids.

this isnt to say that i dont like it. not at all! the m-100 have brilliant, tight, well controlled fantastic bass which i love dearly. but i wouldnt say its accentuated as strongly as most people seem to think.

or maybe they're just not very susceptible to equalization? am i talking nonsense? does anyone else feel this way? 

 

words to my thoughts, good on you

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by musical-kage View Post

I don't really hear them as a bass head can. To me, they sound accurate with every genre. Trance music is supposed to have a thump for example, and these deliver. Any less and they'd be too bass light.

The bass in my eyes never crowds. It's just deep and pleasing, but never bass heady, in a sense the music in my opinion has just enough bass to be enjoyable, but not too much to have to turn it down.

 

I've heard bass head style cans, and these are not in my view, but that is a good thing.

 

I've had them a long time, so that view is accurate. To my ears at least.

 

You guys need to listen to metal and you'll see how much the bass is emphasized on these. The double bass drum attack will make your ears bleed. Anything under 100 Hz is very very strong. But it's not a frequency people are used to notice because it rarely stands out. On most bass forward headphones, the emphasis is more around 150 Hz while here it's more around 75 Hz. But, as a bass player, these headphones sound a lot like Genz Benz amps to me XD.

Still, I love them to death. They might not put the emphasis where I want them to SOME of the time, but the quality of the sound and build is hard to fault. 

post #14045 of 21094
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipper2gv View Post

 

 

You guys need to listen to metal and you'll see how much the bass is emphasized on these. The double bass drum attack will make your ears bleed. Anything under 100 Hz is very very strong. But it's not a frequency people are used to notice because it rarely stands out. On most bass forward headphones, the emphasis is more around 150 Hz while here it's more around 75 Hz. But, as a bass player, these headphones sound a lot like Genz Benz amps to me XD.

Still, I love them to death. They might not put the emphasis where I want them to SOME of the time, but the quality of the sound and build is hard to fault. 


i spent all my adolescence listening to metal. i never listen to it anymore (although i went to a turisas concert not long ago just for old times sake. i wont deny it was really good). i listen to electronic music, where emphasized bass is hardly uncommon. all the way down to 35 Hz at times (i cant hear much below that i dont think). equalize, put the emphasis wherever it is you want it.


Edited by adamlr - 4/20/13 at 6:48am
post #14046 of 21094
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

 

For the original $300 price tag, I think the M-100 would be a better choice for overall sound. I'll need to read through some of the MDR-1R posts to see why people like it and why Jude says it's his #1 portable reference headphone. XD

 

 

Are the MDR-1R's portable?  They look like they'd be monsters to haul around!  Tyll at innerfidelity just did a review of the entire line up and the MDR-1R and the MDR-1RBT are now Wall of Famers!

post #14047 of 21094
Perfect match! cool.gif



It's an iPod nano 16GB RED. wink.gif
post #14048 of 21094
Quote:
Originally Posted by techboyjv View Post

I agree with you and craigster that is subjective. I see how it is. I recently listened to my friends studio's and I released to my ears that the m100 had more bass. It had a more true bass, deep extension. Beats had a vibrating bass, it kind of rattled. It is weird. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by musical-kage View Post

The beats also muffle the sound. I compared the two, my M-100's and all the beats line and couldn't figure out why people wanted them.

When I see people wearing them, I automatically shake my head.


My son and nephews own Ludacris Souls which I would say are almost identical to Beats.  Since they mostly listen to hip hop, they prefer the Souls due to bass quantity.  However, they both clearly appreciate and hear the huge difference in clarity and bass tightness with the M-100.

post #14049 of 21094
Quote:
Originally Posted by techboyjv View Post

I agree with you and craigster that is subjective. I see how it is. I recently listened to my friends studio's and I released to my ears that the m100 had more bass. It had a more true bass, deep extension. Beats had a vibrating bass, it kind of rattled. It is weird. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by musical-kage View Post

The beats also muffle the sound. I compared the two, my M-100's and all the beats line and couldn't figure out why people wanted them.

When I see people wearing them, I automatically shake my head.


My son and nephews own Ludacris Souls which I would say are almost identical to Beats.  Since they mostly listen to hip hop, they prefer the Souls due to bass quantity.  However, they both clearly appreciate and hear the huge difference in clarity and bass tightness with the M-100.

post #14050 of 21094

May I ask someone, what type of material is around the headband of the shadow? Because after looking really at the details of the headphones, I saw that the matte black one (and the white one as well) is more like a (fake) leather type of material and the shadow one is more like a kind of sticky (fake) leather type. Could someone please take a detailed picture of the headband(s)?

post #14051 of 21094

the mdr 1r is 100 dollars cheaper than the m100 now 199.99

post #14052 of 21094

Flipper2gv, But sorry I have to a disagree. The logitech UE6000 is a far inferior headphone the m100. I had both of them and compared to the sound. I kind of agree they sound similar. The Logitech when NC on has an overpowering bass, the overall I think craigster said sounded darker. But it sound a little more lively compared to the m100. They are a lesser headphone. They are not as detailed, the M100 is far superior. I have listened to both for hours and heard the difference. The UE6000 has less soundstage, has more of an in your face compared to the m100.  Compared to other $200 headphones, the m100 destroys since m100 on all sounded more detail, but I noticed most of the time the m100 sounded a little dark. I actually had a chance to listen to the momentum and I noticed that the m100 is better, may be because of the source but I did notice that it was kind of bass shy on the momentum compared to the m100. Or probably I am used to the bass of the m100 XD. But it sound more lively and brighter, and it I guess was more balanced. It is a good headphone. But it didn't fit my liking. I took along time before I have purchased the M100, and asked bunch of people (thanks Miceblue & Criagster)

post #14053 of 21094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumbob View Post

May I ask someone, what type of material is around the headband of the shadow? Because after looking really at the details of the headphones, I saw that the matte black one (and the white one as well) is more like a (fake) leather type of material and the shadow one is more like a kind of sticky (fake) leather type. Could someone please take a detailed picture of the headband(s)?

My white had spotted but smooth leather, and the shadow is cloth / denim.
post #14054 of 21094
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSheep View Post


My white had spotted but smooth leather, and the shadow is cloth / denim.

Same here with my matte, it was a smooth leather but with no spots, probably because its black it can't see the spots.

post #14055 of 21094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumbob View Post

May I ask someone, what type of material is around the headband of the shadow?
I'd say it's almost like Velours/Alcantara on the outside with a webbed cloth cushion at the inside. I think you can see it here: http://cdn.head-fi.org/8/88/88e9281f_original_V-Moda_M-100_-3211.jpeg
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.