Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 905

post #13561 of 20871
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofastreamer View Post

i listen to the same kind of music and as far as you need something durable, you should look at:

Custom one pro
dt770 Anniversary edition
vmoda m80

they all have some good soundstage, uncolored sound and are pretty beefy.

Uncoloured sound is pretty hard to have in this price range...the Custom One Pro's are definitely coloured and likewise for the M-80's.
post #13562 of 20871
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Uncoloured sound is pretty hard to have in this price range...the Custom One Pro's are definitely coloured and likewise for the M-80's.

Agree with that. May I suggest to have a look to Brainwavz HM5 / Jaycar Pro Monitor / Lindy / etc?
post #13563 of 20871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashade View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Uncoloured sound is pretty hard to have in this price range...the Custom One Pro's are definitely coloured and likewise for the M-80's.

Agree with that. May I suggest to have a look to Brainwavz HM5 / Jaycar Pro Monitor / Lindy / etc?

I was going to recommend the HM5's. But he wanted a portable headphone, and the HM5 is huge.
post #13564 of 20871
It's true... But I still take them with me sometimes biggrin.gif. And the isolation is awesome.

What about Soundmagic HP100, and leaving some space for an amp.

EDIT: we forgot to mention the eternal rival: Sennheiser Momentum. You can grab them for 300$.
Edited by Ashade - 4/3/13 at 11:50pm
post #13565 of 20871

Can anyone with the Shadow M-100 tell me what's the colors of included cables?

 

I'm pretty sure the SharePlay cable is red-black, but not so sure about SpeakEasy 1-button mic cable - all promotional V-MODA photos show Shadow with red-black mic cable but i just watched some unboxing videos of it and there was black cable included instead.

 

Just not sure whatever i need to get that red cable separately or not.

post #13566 of 20871

this is offtopic but can someone tell me if Apt-x Bluetooth is equavalent to what bitrate of mp3 or a music file? or is it like a cvb or vbr during hearings?

post #13567 of 20871
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRo-Fi View Post

Can anyone with the Shadow M-100 tell me what's the colors of included cables?

 

I'm pretty sure the SharePlay cable is red-black, but not so sure about SpeakEasy 1-button mic cable - all promotional V-MODA photos show Shadow with red-black mic cable but i just watched some unboxing videos of it and there was black cable included instead.

 

Just not sure whatever i need to get that red cable separately or not.

The one-button cable is a pure black cable with a black button, but there is a red "gem" on the 3.5 plug on top of where cable goes into the plug at a 45 degrees angle. (lol, a picture would definitely make more sense)

 

i totally feel ya tho. it was really big bummer when i saw. even the box shows a red speakeasy 1-button mic cable. the red cable is sooo much sexier than the plain black one.

 

maybe we can ask val to reconsider lol.


Edited by money4me247 - 4/4/13 at 1:56am
post #13568 of 20871
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRo-Fi View Post

Can anyone with the Shadow M-100 tell me what's the colors of included cables?

 

I'm pretty sure the SharePlay cable is red-black, but not so sure about SpeakEasy 1-button mic cable - all promotional V-MODA photos show Shadow with red-black mic cable but i just watched some unboxing videos of it and there was black cable included instead.

 

Just not sure whatever i need to get that red cable separately or not.

I have the shadow it is black and red for the share cord (72"'s) & black one mic is all black. Finally found that it was shorter by a lot... I hate long cords. 

 

didn't see your post money but i agree the red and black is sexy !

post #13569 of 20871
Quote:
Originally Posted by money4me247 View Post

The one-button cable is a pure black cable with a black button, but there is a red "gem" on the 3.5 plug on top of where cable goes into the plug at a 45 degrees angle. (lol, a picture would definitely make more sense)

 

i totally feel ya tho. it was really big bummer when i saw. even the box shows a red speakeasy 1-button mic cable. the red cable is sooo much sexier than the plain black one.

 

maybe we can ask val to reconsider lol.

 

I get what you say, i saw some photos of V-MODA cables before.

 

Yeh i don't really understand why it's done that way. Guess i'll just get red one separately.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by takenlife View Post

I have the shadow it is black and red for the share cord (72"'s) & black one mic is all black. Finally found that it was shorter by a lot... I hate long cords. 

 

didn't see your post money but i agree the red and black is sexy !

 

Thanks for the conformation guys.


Edited by iRo-Fi - 4/4/13 at 2:15am
post #13570 of 20871

Hello Head-Fi!

 

Apologies, if this has been discusses before, I only read 100 pages from the 900 available, but can you jog and work out with the headphones? I'm looking for something nice sounding and not in-ear. Seriously considering the M-100s.

 

Thanks!

post #13571 of 20871

Val, the designer / maker of the M-100s does that... so I guess: yes, you could do that.

post #13572 of 20871

but won't sweating be a problem? 

post #13573 of 20871
I'll test exercising with the vmoda once I get them lol
post #13574 of 20871

I LOVE the M-100's - but the cushions do tend to get to me after 2 hours.

 

Would LOVE to test some new cushions!!

post #13575 of 20871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farid FXX View Post

Hello Head-Fi!

 

Apologies, if this has been discusses before, I only read 100 pages from the 900 available, but can you jog and work out with the headphones? I'm looking for something nice sounding and not in-ear. Seriously considering the M-100s.

 

Thanks!

You can. I find their clamp to be adequate and they don't slip off my head like my V-80s do. I've run with them on a few time to catch subway trains and buses, but I'm not a jogger. They even manage to stay on when I do parkour rolls. I hope the place you live doesn't get too hot, though.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.