- 309 Posts. Joined 3/2013
- Location: PA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 1/22/15
I bought this headphone amp after having met Ray Samuels at a Headphone show. He made it absolutely clear how much he valued over-engineering his pieces and how much he prioritized long term...
I use this Headphone amp with my V-Moda M-100's. The 100's are just too "dark" without something to mitigate on the top octave's behalf. The OLED display is bright clean and easy to read. (A...
Build, Overall Usage: I have Sennheiser RS 130 for over 8 years now (and still lasting!) which says enough about their durability, and which is the most thing fascinating for me, I haven't...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank CTC Audio for providing me with a review sample of T-Peos Baguette IEMs in exchange for my honest opinion. This IEM is available at...
At the time this review was written, the T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid earphone was on sale for $79.00 USD on CTC Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 901post #13501 of 216254/1/13 at 10:21pmOnce I get mine I'll do an unboxing video
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #13502 of 216254/1/13 at 10:33pmQuote:
amazon does NOT come with extra shields.post #13503 of 216254/1/13 at 10:38pmQuote:
I see what you did there.post #13504 of 216254/2/13 at 12:50am
Sounds pretty good to me. The mids are moved a bit more forward and have some more warmth, soundstage is pretty spacious, sparkly treble not as sparkly (all compared to the Objective combo):
Edited by miceblue - 4/2/13 at 12:53ampost #13505 of 216254/2/13 at 6:49am
Last night, I was trying out some hoary pre-9/11 gear and noticed that most of it was black and all of the custom cables were orange. In fact, every custom cable I've ever had confected by a studio tech or DIY specialist was orange unless it was destined for a patch bay. Even my screen protectors were orange.
I might suspect Jude of getting the idea for the black M-100's cable from me if only I could prove he'd secretly explored my living room (or had ever actually been in it!).
Edited by scrypt - 4/3/13 at 1:13ampost #13506 of 216254/2/13 at 8:08ampost #13507 of 216254/2/13 at 8:17amQuote:
That's not much time! Damn, wish I was in LA.post #13508 of 216254/2/13 at 10:33amQuote:
wow! that's really exciting!! good luck with the testing. i am very eager to see the update in earcup depth as well as the improvement of xl pads for longer continuous listening sessions (1-4hrs+) for people who have experienced discomfort.post #13509 of 216254/2/13 at 10:53ampost #13510 of 216254/2/13 at 11:23amQuote:
If you were in NYC, I could commit to trying out the XLs tonight and tomorrow. Pity I'm not in LA right now visiting my friend who just bought a mansion on Mulholland Drive.post #13511 of 216254/2/13 at 12:32pmpost #13512 of 216254/2/13 at 12:43pmpost #13513 of 216254/2/13 at 12:56pm
Good luck with the XL Pads, I hope they successfully fix the comfort issue. Can't wait for them to come out so I can order along with some other stuff...
Val, when do you estimate they will be available for purchase?post #13514 of 216254/2/13 at 1:57pmpost #13515 of 216254/2/13 at 2:09pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › "The Lab" 9 seconds ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 15 seconds ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 31 seconds ago
- › Are my cans good enough? 40 seconds ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 54 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › New iBasso Portable Amp/DAC: iBasso D14 "Bushmaster" 2 minutes ago
- › Top 5 Headphones Under $200 2 minutes ago
- › Ray Samuels P-51 Mustang by Zennheiser
- › FiiO E17 by Zennheiser
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › OPPO HA-2 by gerelmx1986
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by dnun8086
- › Luxury & Precision LP5 32bit DSD Portable Lossless Music Player by daduy
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2