- 309 Posts. Joined 3/2013
- Location: PA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 1/22/15
MDR-XD-150BK Easily said, the Black Version. #BIGBASS Before we get started. Descriptive Review!: Laid back, more like a "Cheap School" Headphone you'd see people use if you were to buy...
Those headphones are just cool. -> good sound -> easy spreading and slicing -> they look awesome, don't they? -> you can hear to music really loud -> not really expensive But,...
I decided to finally treat myself to a pair of quality headphones for a self-birthday present. After hours of online research, the AH D1100 seemed to offer the best bang-for-the-buck under...
The highs and the lows are, for lack a better descriptor "dry". There are people who "like" this sort of leanness, but it's never sounded "real" to me. It's the difference I hear in vintage...
Thanks to Luke (H20Fidelity) for letting me a part of the Australian leg of the COZOY DAC/Amp tour and for Igor (DJScope) for the personal delivery, no doubt due to him enjoying the unit so much...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 901post #13501 of 215574/1/13 at 10:21pmOnce I get mine I'll do an unboxing video
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #13502 of 215574/1/13 at 10:33pmQuote:
amazon does NOT come with extra shields.post #13503 of 215574/1/13 at 10:38pmQuote:
I see what you did there.post #13504 of 215574/2/13 at 12:50am
Sounds pretty good to me. The mids are moved a bit more forward and have some more warmth, soundstage is pretty spacious, sparkly treble not as sparkly (all compared to the Objective combo):
Edited by miceblue - 4/2/13 at 12:53ampost #13505 of 215574/2/13 at 6:49am
Last night, I was trying out some hoary pre-9/11 gear and noticed that most of it was black and all of the custom cables were orange. In fact, every custom cable I've ever had confected by a studio tech or DIY specialist was orange unless it was destined for a patch bay. Even my screen protectors were orange.
I might suspect Jude of getting the idea for the black M-100's cable from me if only I could prove he'd secretly explored my living room (or had ever actually been in it!).
Edited by scrypt - 4/3/13 at 1:13ampost #13506 of 215574/2/13 at 8:08ampost #13507 of 215574/2/13 at 8:17amQuote:
That's not much time! Damn, wish I was in LA.post #13508 of 215574/2/13 at 10:33amQuote:
wow! that's really exciting!! good luck with the testing. i am very eager to see the update in earcup depth as well as the improvement of xl pads for longer continuous listening sessions (1-4hrs+) for people who have experienced discomfort.post #13509 of 215574/2/13 at 10:53ampost #13510 of 215574/2/13 at 11:23amQuote:
If you were in NYC, I could commit to trying out the XLs tonight and tomorrow. Pity I'm not in LA right now visiting my friend who just bought a mansion on Mulholland Drive.post #13511 of 215574/2/13 at 12:32pmpost #13512 of 215574/2/13 at 12:43pmpost #13513 of 215574/2/13 at 12:56pm
Good luck with the XL Pads, I hope they successfully fix the comfort issue. Can't wait for them to come out so I can order along with some other stuff...
Val, when do you estimate they will be available for purchase?post #13514 of 215574/2/13 at 1:57pmpost #13515 of 215574/2/13 at 2:09pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Meridian Explorer² Impressions Thread 32 seconds ago
- › FS: Cavalli Audio Liquid Lightning Solid State Electrostatic... 49 seconds ago
- › Music City Meet -- Spring 2015 -- Pics & Impressions Thread 55 seconds ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 2 minutes ago
- › Grado GS1000i - to me or not for me 3 minutes ago
- › Corny Jokes - the more the merrier 3 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 3 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 5 minutes ago
- › MDR-XD 150 W weiß by ahnvx
- › Somic Head-band Music Audio Headphone Earphone Headset MH489 by PearlyBoy
- › Denon AH-D1100 by PhenomenalNinja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by Zennheiser
- › Cozoy Astrapi by Xtralglactic
- › Linum 2Pin Detachable Connector - BaX Dual Twist Model by acain
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by Wokei
- › Audio Technica AT-PHA50BT by unknownsolo
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by kite7
- › Sennheiser IE80 by ahnvx
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2