Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 853

post #12781 of 21200
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsilva22 View Post

Received my black 3-Button SpeakEasy cable today. (I think) its a little bit thinner than the orange one, but I like that. Now I don't have to mess with my iPod while listening to my playlists at the gym. wink_face.gif

 

 

Leave one in your car, never return a Walmart cable again lol

post #12782 of 21200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apo0th3karY View Post

 

Leave one in your car, never return a Walmart cable again lol

 

post #12783 of 21200

How well do the M-100's handle Jazz music? (Ex. Miles Davis, Charles Mingus, etc..)

post #12784 of 21200
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmostAPhile View Post

How well do the M-100's handle Jazz music? (Ex. Miles Davis, Charles Mingus, etc..)
To my ears, extremely enjoyable although not necessarily accurate.
post #12785 of 21200

Well depends .. I use them for some modern Jazz Funk They are pretty good . Tough I'm assuming you would not want them for more classical ones as the Top End is not its Forte .


Edited by grandmike - 3/11/13 at 6:25am
post #12786 of 21200
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

On the topic of lowwww bass:

My JBL 2310SP handles this just fine .. Nice and Deeeeeeeeep .. !!! lol Yeah the CKM 500 is Fine with it as well and of course the M 100- Perfect .

post #12787 of 21200

I was buying an office chair today at office depot and the guy at the cashier made a comment about my M-100's. He said he like the style of the headphones and the shield design, and when I told him I designed the shield myself he was really surprised. I told him they not only look good but they sound great and I asked him if he wanted to listen and he agreed. So I was listening to Tool's "Sober" and I let him listen...needless to say the guy was VERY impressed with the sound and asked me about how to get one, even after I told him the price.

 

Perhaps we have a new recruit?

post #12788 of 21200

I got my M-100s last Thurs, put them on and was blown away by the quality of sound. I've never owned a nice pair of headphones before. The sound quality was jaw dropping, so awesome!.....

 

Today they got sent back to Amazon :(. As much as I liked the sound, I could NOT wear them for more than 20 mins at a time without some serious pain on my ears (because the pads are too small). I called V-Moda and asked about the availability of the XL pads, and the 1st rep said sorry, there's nothing we can do. I called back and got a different rep and he said they were in development, but he didn't expect availability until close to the end of this year. :( As much as I loved the soundstage for music and gaming, I can't deal with that type of discomfort. So, they went back.

 

Maybe when these XL pads get released I'll give 'em another shot, but just can't put up with that right now, not for something that could not be released for 9 or so months. However, if I don't find something else by then, I will re-buy these headphones.

post #12789 of 21200
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayan View Post

I got my M-100s last Thurs, put them on and was blown away by the quality of sound. I've never owned a nice pair of headphones before. The sound quality was jaw dropping, so awesome!.....

 

Today they got sent back to Amazon :(. As much as I liked the sound, I could NOT wear them for more than 20 mins at a time without some serious pain on my ears (because the pads are too small). I called V-Moda and asked about the availability of the XL pads, and the 1st rep said sorry, there's nothing we can do. I called back and got a different rep and he said they were in development, but he didn't expect availability until close to the end of this year. :( As much as I loved the soundstage for music and gaming, I can't deal with that type of discomfort. So, they went back.

 

Maybe when these XL pads get released I'll give 'em another shot, but just can't put up with that right now, not for something that could not be released for 9 or so months. However, if I don't find something else by then, I will re-buy these headphones.

omg that is so sad. man, i actually was in the same exact boat. I loved everything about those headphones, but after 30 minutes, there was annoying irritation, and after 2 hrs it was painful.

 

i can't believe the rep says the pads won't be out until the end of the year. that was what i originally thought, but when val said prototypes are available this week, I was hoping for a summer release of the pads. i wonder when they are released if you would be able to get the M100 w/ the XL pads preinstalled rather than buying them separately.

post #12790 of 21200

Tool does sound exceptional on M-100s. It's that driven bass guitar and the ever energetic drums; very well mastered, and the M-100s showcase it rather well. Maynards vocals are a liiiittttle distant, but the vocals aren't mixed in very upfront to begin with.

 

I really liked The Pot and 46 And 2 on the M-100s. If you dig Tool on M-100s, Pelican, Isis, and Mastodon are some other great bands on the M-100s. These bands kinda vary in style, but fans of Tool will find Isis easy to get into.

post #12791 of 21200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apo0th3karY View Post

Tool does sound exceptional on M-100s. It's that driven bass guitar and the ever energetic drums; very well mastered, and the M-100s showcase it rather well. Maynards vocals are a liiiittttle distant, but the vocals aren't mixed in very upfront to begin with.

 

I really liked The Pot and 46 And 2 on the M-100s. If you dig Tool on M-100s, Pelican, Isis, and Mastodon are some other great bands on the M-100s. These bands kinda vary in style, but fans of Tool will find Isis easy to get into.

 

Thanks for the suggestions!!!. As a music junkie I am always looking for new/different stuff to listen to. I am at work now but I will check them out as soon as I get home.

post #12792 of 21200

I am amazed with my m100's. After comparing to many headphones and after listening for some time now I believe these are truly a golden pair of headphone. I will probably give my review later, After comparing to the ue6000, m50, beats pro (sadly), the Skullcandy Mix Master Mikes, and many other set these are in my opinion the best. The bass on this headphone is amazing, the headphone when driven from my amp on the bass boost setting and on my iPhones bass booster setting, the m100 provided more bass than the beats and all that I have mentioned. The drivers were literally vibrating, and the bass when so heart thumping low and the drivers were just punching my skull and I was in bass head heaven. Truly amazing. The bass did somewhat drown the mids and highs, but surprisingly perserved it and it still sounded better than the beats. I hate comparing headphones to the beats but these are truly amazing. Then without all the eq's the headphone played my classical music well and other non-bass heavy music. Truly versatile. I am impressed :D Bravo.

post #12793 of 21200
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayan View Post

I got my M-100s last Thurs, put them on and was blown away by the quality of sound. I've never owned a nice pair of headphones before. The sound quality was jaw dropping, so awesome!.....

Today they got sent back to Amazon frown.gif. As much as I liked the sound, I could NOT wear them for more than 20 mins at a time without some serious pain on my ears (because the pads are too small). I called V-Moda and asked about the availability of the XL pads, and the 1st rep said sorry, there's nothing we can do. I called back and got a different rep and he said they were in development, but he didn't expect availability until close to the end of this year. frown.gif As much as I loved the soundstage for music and gaming, I can't deal with that type of discomfort. So, they went back.

Maybe when these XL pads get released I'll give 'em another shot, but just can't put up with that right now, not for something that could not be released for 9 or so months. However, if I don't find something else by then, I will re-buy these headphones.
Did you try flexing the headband to stretch them somewhat? The M-100 does take some time to break in. Somehow I feel that you may have sent them back a little too prematurely. But that's just my 2 yen worth.
post #12794 of 21200
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayan View Post

I got my M-100s last Thurs, put them on and was blown away by the quality of sound. I've never owned a nice pair of headphones before. The sound quality was jaw dropping, so awesome!.....

 

Today they got sent back to Amazon :(. As much as I liked the sound, I could NOT wear them for more than 20 mins at a time without some serious pain on my ears (because the pads are too small). I called V-Moda and asked about the availability of the XL pads, and the 1st rep said sorry, there's nothing we can do. I called back and got a different rep and he said they were in development, but he didn't expect availability until close to the end of this year. :( As much as I loved the soundstage for music and gaming, I can't deal with that type of discomfort. So, they went back.

 

Maybe when these XL pads get released I'll give 'em another shot, but just can't put up with that right now, not for something that could not be released for 9 or so months. However, if I don't find something else by then, I will re-buy these headphones.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by money4me247 View Post

omg that is so sad. man, i actually was in the same exact boat. I loved everything about those headphones, but after 30 minutes, there was annoying irritation, and after 2 hrs it was painful.

 

i can't believe the rep says the pads won't be out until the end of the year. that was what i originally thought, but when val said prototypes are available this week, I was hoping for a summer release of the pads. i wonder when they are released if you would be able to get the M100 w/ the XL pads preinstalled rather than buying them separately.


The whole pad delay is a bit confusing.  Prior to the launch of the M-100 last year, Val asked for crowd-sourced feedback regarding larger or smaller pads.  A large percentage requested the larger pads (including me), yet the smaller pads were selected.  Hindsight is 20/20, but maybe not the best decision.  If the option was given last year for larger pads, wouldn't they have already been developed?  The comfort issue of the pads seems to be the biggest complaint and the solution seems like something that has been considered for a very long time, I don't understand why they would take until the end of the year to be released.

post #12795 of 21200
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post


Did you try flexing the headband to stretch them somewhat? The M-100 does take some time to break in. Somehow I feel that you may have sent them back a little too prematurely. But that's just my 2 yen worth.

It wasn't premature. I had the same experience, but slightly less intense (irritation after 30min & slight pain after 1hr, unwearable after 2-3hrs) and Kayan said that he had severe pain at 20mins.

 

I held onto my pair for the whole 60 days to have them stretch out and did the paper towel mod, but at the end of the day if you have severe pain or irritation after 20-30 minutes, I highly doubt it will improve significantly w/ time. It may get better to the point that you can wear them for 2hrs before severe discomfort, but with such a competitive $300 portable headphone niche, there is no reason to settle for something that is uncomfortable.

 

My suggestion for future V-Moda headphones is to 1) add swivel to the earcups (because it makes a HUGE difference for individual comfort) and 2) increase the entire earcup depth to 20mm minimum (or at least slanted drivers so the back part is >20mm). Less than 20mm deep earpads without compression will definitely cause discomfort for the majority of users. Whether that discomfort is minor irritation after a few hours or severe pain after 30 minutes depends on the ear protrusion & sensitivity of the user. Why take that risk when a greater than 20mm earcup depth is standard on portable, closed headphones in this price range? For sound quality concerns, just think AKG K550 has giant earcups but they are able to prevent the bass from being bloated or boomy.


Edited by money4me247 - 3/11/13 at 10:53pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.