- 841 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Location: Toronto
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 1/22/15
I try to keep my reviews simple and understandable so I don't go into a large amount of detail with each part. There are others here that do an excellent job at very in depth and detailed reviews....
I'm an on-ear open junkie, so this high praise says a lot about the PX95. A list of on-ear opens I have in various drawer: AKG K512, PX100-ii, PortaPros, Jays V-Jays, and some more that I can't...
Introduction This is a review of the Superlux hd 681 Evo, Version II. It is my first review on Head-Fi, so bear with me. The particular Evo under review here has roughly 40 hrs of burn-in time...
I Background, gear used and manifesto I first got interested in the ECP Black Diamond around the time of its release. I was in the market for a “flagship” amp but still didn’t know what type of...
FiiO Mont Blanc for IEM When you pick up the Mont Blanc you feel like you have something substantial in your hand. Not that is is overly heavy, no, it is conveys the impression that this thing...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 829post #12421 of 213632/20/13 at 11:41pmoops .
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #12422 of 213632/21/13 at 12:19am
I also listen for many hrs, usually there happens a break naturally and usually there's never non-stop music on in my case (listening at the computer only). But I've forced myself into a limited volume level that I never cross and by doing so I'm adapted to enjoy this lower level volume level, at least it shouldn't be louder than 85dB, that's for sure, probably isn't not that high either except well the brickwalled masterings on hardstyle tracks perhaps.post #12423 of 213632/21/13 at 12:22amQuote:Originally Posted by valkoltonQuote:
Remember everybody, TIME AND LOUDNESS is what = hearing loss. Be careful! Especially if the headphones are or mastering is bright. If M-100 or ANY headphone isn't comfortable past 1 or 2 hours, it is also a SIGN you need to take a 15-30 minute hearing break to keep your hearing health.
Ain't no anecdote for deafness, you want to be an audiophile for life as audio is something that you can really enjoy in your "golden ears" (pun intended). Also beware that during workouts, your blood goes to your muscles so your hearing may not be as good and you may be listening too loud and not know it.
PS - I sound like a mom and this IS a shameless plug, but "don't forget your Faders" when going to loud events, concert and festival season is coming up. Amazon has a sale on Faders VIP for $14.99, you can't go wrong if you didn't get them with an M-100 promo.
Plus with the Faders + M-100 you can have a passive noise cancelling for flights, the little strap inside the M-100 case is meant for Faders VIP case (maybe someone can photograph). And the other strap next to the 1/4" adapter holds a USB memory stick.
Yup, I always try to listen to my music at as low of a volume level as possible. I really is a scary thing to see other people listening to their music and you can hear their music over your headphones, over your own music. :/post #12424 of 213632/21/13 at 12:34am
Practice safe sound!
Sometimes it's fun to listen to headphones at low levels and look for details in the audio.... low level critical listening i guess that's what its called...
Sorta like "hypermiling" if we're talking about cars hehehepost #12425 of 213632/21/13 at 2:21amQuote:
Someone in the basshead thread recommended the JVC FXZ-200
Edited by Craigster75 - 2/21/13 at 2:22ampost #12426 of 213632/21/13 at 5:24ampost #12427 of 213632/21/13 at 5:39amQuote:
Velodyne V-Pulse? V-Moda IEMs?
Edited by Craigster75 - 2/21/13 at 5:45ampost #12428 of 213632/21/13 at 5:41ampost #12429 of 213632/21/13 at 6:40amQuote:
The only thing that bothered me was the aspect that I never got the free VIP faders as part of the V-Day promotion with the M-100's. I thought maybe they were going to send it in a separate package but I guess that is not the case. I do not hold it against Val or the company but I was a little bummed out regardless.
I'd say it's worth contacting V-MODA support, since this sounds like an oversight on their part -- and, given how strong their service typically is, I'm betting they'd be happy to correct it for you.post #12430 of 213632/21/13 at 7:35am
UK headfiers, Amazon UK now have stock of the Matte Black! Get in there quick if you want them!
Unfortunately for me, my pre-order is for the Shadows of which there is still no stock (as well as white), sods law.post #12431 of 213632/21/13 at 9:04am
I just received my m100 yesterday and am really enjoying them so far. I read about how they are small they are when packed, but was still surprised when I saw them. I do notice that the headband seem to twist towards an angle when putting them down instead of being balanced. The right side keeps bending towards the front and it is harder to bend towards the back. Is this how it is suppose to be?post #12432 of 213632/21/13 at 9:47ampost #12433 of 213632/21/13 at 9:52ampost #12434 of 213632/21/13 at 10:51amQuote:Originally Posted by chuckle490
Ouch. Skrillex played in Toronto five times in the last 12 months; 3 shows in one weekend. I remember cuz I had to chase him around and flyer the two parties he played one of those nights haha. Here's the distance of longboarding I had to cover.
Our drum and bass scene is held together by the independent companies that bring big name headliners on the regular as well as the longest running EDM promotional company in Canada, Destiny, bringing WEMF, Bass Week, Digital Dreams (in part with Electronic Nation), as well as many other Projek parties of the biggest names in drum and bass. And we've got some local talent making a splash internationally too iLL.Gates for glitch hop and dubstep, Rene LaVice just released his first LP on RAM, Gremlinz has a spot on Metalheadz, NC-17 keeps releasing gold on Grindhou5e, and Marcus Visionary, the local drum and bass junglist legend is touring Europe in August and September, making an appearance at Outlook Festival in Croatia. This guy is on nearly every flyer in Toronto. Our scene is highly influenced by the UK scene, and we've even had Jayline stay here for a few years before getting deported cuz of his crazy (ex)girlfriend haha.
I know Kansas has a scene, and Miami. I'm pretty sure Vegas' scene is tourst-artificial; I heard last year Deadmau5 had a residency in Vegas and played shows regularly at a hotel. But then there's EDC in Vegas..... Come to think of it I seem to remember Bassnectar and Deiselboy posting about being in Memphis this past year, I could be wrong.
Anyways, this is OT... I'm passionate about my promoting, what can I say :Dpost #12435 of 213632/21/13 at 2:12pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Evshrug's "If I knew then what I know now" discussion journal. 49 seconds ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Sony Xperia Z3 Audio Quality 3 minutes ago
- › The Opamp thread 3 minutes ago
- › Looking for a better source for my microphone (a modmic) 5 minutes ago
- › Hearing Safety and Ear Health Thread (a diary of a ear health noob) 5 minutes ago
- › WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!! 6 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 6 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 6 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 6 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Zalithian
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by inline79
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by serman005
- › ecp audio Black Diamond by Schopenhauer
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by jamato8
- › JVC HA-FX750 Wood Dome Unit Earphone by dnun8086
- › EarWerkz Supra by moedawg140
- › House of Marley - LEGEND ANC by White Lotus
- › Audio Technica S700BT by ironicinori
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by mark2410
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)