- 841 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Location: Toronto
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/3/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 11/28/16
At the time this review was written, the Oriveti NEW Primacy was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Accutone is a company that specializes in hands-free communications solutions but they've taken their experience and expertise and used it to create a series of consumer earphones. From their...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONThis is the 2nd pair of IEMs sent to me for evaluation recently by FiiO. You can find my...
Unboxing This package came in an unassuming black box with the branding directly on the front. Opening it reveals the very nice semi-hard case that stores the earphones. Opening the case...
Intro I wanted to start this review off with a Swiss Army knife joke but it looks like several Head-Fiers have already did that so in a futile attempt to be both funny and original I’ll start off...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 829post #12421 of 229982/20/13 at 11:41pmoops .
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #12422 of 229982/21/13 at 12:19am
I also listen for many hrs, usually there happens a break naturally and usually there's never non-stop music on in my case (listening at the computer only). But I've forced myself into a limited volume level that I never cross and by doing so I'm adapted to enjoy this lower level volume level, at least it shouldn't be louder than 85dB, that's for sure, probably isn't not that high either except well the brickwalled masterings on hardstyle tracks perhaps.post #12423 of 229982/21/13 at 12:22amQuote:Originally Posted by valkoltonQuote:
Remember everybody, TIME AND LOUDNESS is what = hearing loss. Be careful! Especially if the headphones are or mastering is bright. If M-100 or ANY headphone isn't comfortable past 1 or 2 hours, it is also a SIGN you need to take a 15-30 minute hearing break to keep your hearing health.
Ain't no anecdote for deafness, you want to be an audiophile for life as audio is something that you can really enjoy in your "golden ears" (pun intended). Also beware that during workouts, your blood goes to your muscles so your hearing may not be as good and you may be listening too loud and not know it.
PS - I sound like a mom and this IS a shameless plug, but "don't forget your Faders" when going to loud events, concert and festival season is coming up. Amazon has a sale on Faders VIP for $14.99, you can't go wrong if you didn't get them with an M-100 promo.
Plus with the Faders + M-100 you can have a passive noise cancelling for flights, the little strap inside the M-100 case is meant for Faders VIP case (maybe someone can photograph). And the other strap next to the 1/4" adapter holds a USB memory stick.
Yup, I always try to listen to my music at as low of a volume level as possible. I really is a scary thing to see other people listening to their music and you can hear their music over your headphones, over your own music. :/post #12424 of 229982/21/13 at 12:34am
Practice safe sound!
Sometimes it's fun to listen to headphones at low levels and look for details in the audio.... low level critical listening i guess that's what its called...
Sorta like "hypermiling" if we're talking about cars hehehepost #12425 of 229982/21/13 at 2:21amQuote:
Someone in the basshead thread recommended the JVC FXZ-200
Edited by Craigster75 - 2/21/13 at 2:22ampost #12426 of 229982/21/13 at 5:24ampost #12427 of 229982/21/13 at 5:39amQuote:
Velodyne V-Pulse? V-Moda IEMs?
Edited by Craigster75 - 2/21/13 at 5:45ampost #12428 of 229982/21/13 at 5:41ampost #12429 of 229982/21/13 at 6:40amQuote:
The only thing that bothered me was the aspect that I never got the free VIP faders as part of the V-Day promotion with the M-100's. I thought maybe they were going to send it in a separate package but I guess that is not the case. I do not hold it against Val or the company but I was a little bummed out regardless.
I'd say it's worth contacting V-MODA support, since this sounds like an oversight on their part -- and, given how strong their service typically is, I'm betting they'd be happy to correct it for you.post #12430 of 229982/21/13 at 7:35am
UK headfiers, Amazon UK now have stock of the Matte Black! Get in there quick if you want them!
Unfortunately for me, my pre-order is for the Shadows of which there is still no stock (as well as white), sods law.post #12431 of 229982/21/13 at 9:04am
I just received my m100 yesterday and am really enjoying them so far. I read about how they are small they are when packed, but was still surprised when I saw them. I do notice that the headband seem to twist towards an angle when putting them down instead of being balanced. The right side keeps bending towards the front and it is harder to bend towards the back. Is this how it is suppose to be?post #12432 of 229982/21/13 at 9:47ampost #12433 of 229982/21/13 at 9:52ampost #12434 of 229982/21/13 at 10:51amQuote:Originally Posted by chuckle490
Ouch. Skrillex played in Toronto five times in the last 12 months; 3 shows in one weekend. I remember cuz I had to chase him around and flyer the two parties he played one of those nights haha. Here's the distance of longboarding I had to cover.
Our drum and bass scene is held together by the independent companies that bring big name headliners on the regular as well as the longest running EDM promotional company in Canada, Destiny, bringing WEMF, Bass Week, Digital Dreams (in part with Electronic Nation), as well as many other Projek parties of the biggest names in drum and bass. And we've got some local talent making a splash internationally too iLL.Gates for glitch hop and dubstep, Rene LaVice just released his first LP on RAM, Gremlinz has a spot on Metalheadz, NC-17 keeps releasing gold on Grindhou5e, and Marcus Visionary, the local drum and bass junglist legend is touring Europe in August and September, making an appearance at Outlook Festival in Croatia. This guy is on nearly every flyer in Toronto. Our scene is highly influenced by the UK scene, and we've even had Jayline stay here for a few years before getting deported cuz of his crazy (ex)girlfriend haha.
I know Kansas has a scene, and Miami. I'm pretty sure Vegas' scene is tourst-artificial; I heard last year Deadmau5 had a residency in Vegas and played shows regularly at a hotel. But then there's EDC in Vegas..... Come to think of it I seem to remember Bassnectar and Deiselboy posting about being in Memphis this past year, I could be wrong.
Anyways, this is OT... I'm passionate about my promoting, what can I say :Dpost #12435 of 229982/21/13 at 2:12pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › Gustard X20pro DAC (ES9028Pro) 6 seconds ago
- › Grace Design x Massdrop m9XX DAC/Amp Review: First Impressions 12 seconds ago
- › Looking for the right headphones ($150-$500) 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 3 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 4 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 4 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 5 minutes ago
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 6 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK JR - Shipped 6 minutes ago
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Yethal
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Cosmic Ears CE6P by fluffyberry
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear