- 841 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Location: Toronto
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 6/26/15
I have covered Tube Amp’s portable amps in the past (here and here). While the company is called ‘Tube Amp’, they don’t limit themselves to only tube amp, but also discrete amp. The LF-15 however...
So, first off, I must say that for 200 dollars (or 170, in my case, for a unit that was previously a store-display model), you CANNOT go wrong with this superb little DAP. The soundstage and...
I bought a pair of these for a real steal (used, for 70 bucks, on Amazon) earlier this month and I am LOVING them more than almost any other purchase I've made in my life. They sound amazing. ....
This is my second round with these "holy grail" of headphones. First time around I was just laughing at it's meager power capability. The sound was good, but not mind blowing. Zero sub bass...
First of all, I’d like to thank iBasso for sending me a review sample of the D14. iBasso have really established themselves as a big name in portable audio devices and after reviewing both their...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 829post #12421 of 218652/20/13 at 11:41pmoops .
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #12422 of 218652/21/13 at 12:19am
I also listen for many hrs, usually there happens a break naturally and usually there's never non-stop music on in my case (listening at the computer only). But I've forced myself into a limited volume level that I never cross and by doing so I'm adapted to enjoy this lower level volume level, at least it shouldn't be louder than 85dB, that's for sure, probably isn't not that high either except well the brickwalled masterings on hardstyle tracks perhaps.post #12423 of 218652/21/13 at 12:22amQuote:Originally Posted by valkoltonQuote:
Remember everybody, TIME AND LOUDNESS is what = hearing loss. Be careful! Especially if the headphones are or mastering is bright. If M-100 or ANY headphone isn't comfortable past 1 or 2 hours, it is also a SIGN you need to take a 15-30 minute hearing break to keep your hearing health.
Ain't no anecdote for deafness, you want to be an audiophile for life as audio is something that you can really enjoy in your "golden ears" (pun intended). Also beware that during workouts, your blood goes to your muscles so your hearing may not be as good and you may be listening too loud and not know it.
PS - I sound like a mom and this IS a shameless plug, but "don't forget your Faders" when going to loud events, concert and festival season is coming up. Amazon has a sale on Faders VIP for $14.99, you can't go wrong if you didn't get them with an M-100 promo.
Plus with the Faders + M-100 you can have a passive noise cancelling for flights, the little strap inside the M-100 case is meant for Faders VIP case (maybe someone can photograph). And the other strap next to the 1/4" adapter holds a USB memory stick.
Yup, I always try to listen to my music at as low of a volume level as possible. I really is a scary thing to see other people listening to their music and you can hear their music over your headphones, over your own music. :/post #12424 of 218652/21/13 at 12:34am
Practice safe sound!
Sometimes it's fun to listen to headphones at low levels and look for details in the audio.... low level critical listening i guess that's what its called...
Sorta like "hypermiling" if we're talking about cars hehehepost #12425 of 218652/21/13 at 2:21amQuote:
Someone in the basshead thread recommended the JVC FXZ-200
Edited by Craigster75 - 2/21/13 at 2:22ampost #12426 of 218652/21/13 at 5:24ampost #12427 of 218652/21/13 at 5:39amQuote:
Velodyne V-Pulse? V-Moda IEMs?
Edited by Craigster75 - 2/21/13 at 5:45ampost #12428 of 218652/21/13 at 5:41ampost #12429 of 218652/21/13 at 6:40amQuote:
The only thing that bothered me was the aspect that I never got the free VIP faders as part of the V-Day promotion with the M-100's. I thought maybe they were going to send it in a separate package but I guess that is not the case. I do not hold it against Val or the company but I was a little bummed out regardless.
I'd say it's worth contacting V-MODA support, since this sounds like an oversight on their part -- and, given how strong their service typically is, I'm betting they'd be happy to correct it for you.post #12430 of 218652/21/13 at 7:35am
UK headfiers, Amazon UK now have stock of the Matte Black! Get in there quick if you want them!
Unfortunately for me, my pre-order is for the Shadows of which there is still no stock (as well as white), sods law.post #12431 of 218652/21/13 at 9:04am
I just received my m100 yesterday and am really enjoying them so far. I read about how they are small they are when packed, but was still surprised when I saw them. I do notice that the headband seem to twist towards an angle when putting them down instead of being balanced. The right side keeps bending towards the front and it is harder to bend towards the back. Is this how it is suppose to be?post #12432 of 218652/21/13 at 9:47ampost #12433 of 218652/21/13 at 9:52ampost #12434 of 218652/21/13 at 10:51amQuote:Originally Posted by chuckle490
Ouch. Skrillex played in Toronto five times in the last 12 months; 3 shows in one weekend. I remember cuz I had to chase him around and flyer the two parties he played one of those nights haha. Here's the distance of longboarding I had to cover.
Our drum and bass scene is held together by the independent companies that bring big name headliners on the regular as well as the longest running EDM promotional company in Canada, Destiny, bringing WEMF, Bass Week, Digital Dreams (in part with Electronic Nation), as well as many other Projek parties of the biggest names in drum and bass. And we've got some local talent making a splash internationally too iLL.Gates for glitch hop and dubstep, Rene LaVice just released his first LP on RAM, Gremlinz has a spot on Metalheadz, NC-17 keeps releasing gold on Grindhou5e, and Marcus Visionary, the local drum and bass junglist legend is touring Europe in August and September, making an appearance at Outlook Festival in Croatia. This guy is on nearly every flyer in Toronto. Our scene is highly influenced by the UK scene, and we've even had Jayline stay here for a few years before getting deported cuz of his crazy (ex)girlfriend haha.
I know Kansas has a scene, and Miami. I'm pretty sure Vegas' scene is tourst-artificial; I heard last year Deadmau5 had a residency in Vegas and played shows regularly at a hotel. But then there's EDC in Vegas..... Come to think of it I seem to remember Bassnectar and Deiselboy posting about being in Memphis this past year, I could be wrong.
Anyways, this is OT... I'm passionate about my promoting, what can I say :Dpost #12435 of 218652/21/13 at 2:12pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 12 seconds ago
- › Looking for closed back portable headphones with great sound... 31 seconds ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 33 seconds ago
- › 1964 Ears 1 minute ago
- › Classical Contemporary Music Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Which under-$100 USB DAC, from these choices? 2 minutes ago
- › New headphone amplifier from Bryston 3 minutes ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 3 minutes ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 4 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 5 minutes ago
- › Tube Amp LF-15 by ClieOS
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by goodyfresh
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by lin0003
- › Bette 10MM 1+1 Hybrid Wood Black by BloodyPenguin
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by sk2290
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by wrathzombie
- › RHA T20 by Wyd4
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Stillhart
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3