- 841 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Location: Toronto
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones recommendation Last post on 4/20/13 at 11:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/28/14
Looking at the picture of the PK3's I wasn't expecting much. They look and feel cheap using a generic case for the drivers. First I tried them without the foam covers and they sounded awful. I...
Disclaimer First of all, I would like to thank Audrey and the Brainwavz team for allowing me to review their S1 IEMs. I would also like to clarify that I am neither an affiliate of Brainwavz...
Overview The Alien is a well-priced (~$250 AUD), compact, screenless player that plays only WAV and FLAC files – no MP3, no AAC, just the two major lossless options. For some people that will...
Shure SRH840, are a value filled set of extraordinary headphones, worth every single coin you spend on it. The bass register is perfect for any genre of song you play through you...
I got the Sennheiser HD-598 based on all the existing rave reviews. It's amazingly comfortable. That's all the good I can say about it. I just hate the sound. Okay, I am no "audiophile". I am...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 829post #12421 of 212392/20/13 at 11:41pmoops .
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #12422 of 212392/21/13 at 12:19am
I also listen for many hrs, usually there happens a break naturally and usually there's never non-stop music on in my case (listening at the computer only). But I've forced myself into a limited volume level that I never cross and by doing so I'm adapted to enjoy this lower level volume level, at least it shouldn't be louder than 85dB, that's for sure, probably isn't not that high either except well the brickwalled masterings on hardstyle tracks perhaps.post #12423 of 212392/21/13 at 12:22amQuote:Originally Posted by valkoltonQuote:
Remember everybody, TIME AND LOUDNESS is what = hearing loss. Be careful! Especially if the headphones are or mastering is bright. If M-100 or ANY headphone isn't comfortable past 1 or 2 hours, it is also a SIGN you need to take a 15-30 minute hearing break to keep your hearing health.
Ain't no anecdote for deafness, you want to be an audiophile for life as audio is something that you can really enjoy in your "golden ears" (pun intended). Also beware that during workouts, your blood goes to your muscles so your hearing may not be as good and you may be listening too loud and not know it.
PS - I sound like a mom and this IS a shameless plug, but "don't forget your Faders" when going to loud events, concert and festival season is coming up. Amazon has a sale on Faders VIP for $14.99, you can't go wrong if you didn't get them with an M-100 promo.
Plus with the Faders + M-100 you can have a passive noise cancelling for flights, the little strap inside the M-100 case is meant for Faders VIP case (maybe someone can photograph). And the other strap next to the 1/4" adapter holds a USB memory stick.
Yup, I always try to listen to my music at as low of a volume level as possible. I really is a scary thing to see other people listening to their music and you can hear their music over your headphones, over your own music. :/post #12424 of 212392/21/13 at 12:34am
Practice safe sound!
Sometimes it's fun to listen to headphones at low levels and look for details in the audio.... low level critical listening i guess that's what its called...
Sorta like "hypermiling" if we're talking about cars hehehepost #12425 of 212392/21/13 at 2:21amQuote:
Someone in the basshead thread recommended the JVC FXZ-200
Edited by Craigster75 - 2/21/13 at 2:22ampost #12426 of 212392/21/13 at 5:24ampost #12427 of 212392/21/13 at 5:39amQuote:
Velodyne V-Pulse? V-Moda IEMs?
Edited by Craigster75 - 2/21/13 at 5:45ampost #12428 of 212392/21/13 at 5:41ampost #12429 of 212392/21/13 at 6:40amQuote:
The only thing that bothered me was the aspect that I never got the free VIP faders as part of the V-Day promotion with the M-100's. I thought maybe they were going to send it in a separate package but I guess that is not the case. I do not hold it against Val or the company but I was a little bummed out regardless.
I'd say it's worth contacting V-MODA support, since this sounds like an oversight on their part -- and, given how strong their service typically is, I'm betting they'd be happy to correct it for you.post #12430 of 212392/21/13 at 7:35am
UK headfiers, Amazon UK now have stock of the Matte Black! Get in there quick if you want them!
Unfortunately for me, my pre-order is for the Shadows of which there is still no stock (as well as white), sods law.post #12431 of 212392/21/13 at 9:04am
I just received my m100 yesterday and am really enjoying them so far. I read about how they are small they are when packed, but was still surprised when I saw them. I do notice that the headband seem to twist towards an angle when putting them down instead of being balanced. The right side keeps bending towards the front and it is harder to bend towards the back. Is this how it is suppose to be?post #12432 of 212392/21/13 at 9:47ampost #12433 of 212392/21/13 at 9:52ampost #12434 of 212392/21/13 at 10:51amQuote:Originally Posted by chuckle490
Ouch. Skrillex played in Toronto five times in the last 12 months; 3 shows in one weekend. I remember cuz I had to chase him around and flyer the two parties he played one of those nights haha. Here's the distance of longboarding I had to cover.
Our drum and bass scene is held together by the independent companies that bring big name headliners on the regular as well as the longest running EDM promotional company in Canada, Destiny, bringing WEMF, Bass Week, Digital Dreams (in part with Electronic Nation), as well as many other Projek parties of the biggest names in drum and bass. And we've got some local talent making a splash internationally too iLL.Gates for glitch hop and dubstep, Rene LaVice just released his first LP on RAM, Gremlinz has a spot on Metalheadz, NC-17 keeps releasing gold on Grindhou5e, and Marcus Visionary, the local drum and bass junglist legend is touring Europe in August and September, making an appearance at Outlook Festival in Croatia. This guy is on nearly every flyer in Toronto. Our scene is highly influenced by the UK scene, and we've even had Jayline stay here for a few years before getting deported cuz of his crazy (ex)girlfriend haha.
I know Kansas has a scene, and Miami. I'm pretty sure Vegas' scene is tourst-artificial; I heard last year Deadmau5 had a residency in Vegas and played shows regularly at a hotel. But then there's EDC in Vegas..... Come to think of it I seem to remember Bassnectar and Deiselboy posting about being in Memphis this past year, I could be wrong.
Anyways, this is OT... I'm passionate about my promoting, what can I say :Dpost #12435 of 212392/21/13 at 2:12pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › REVIEW - AUNE AUDIO S16 - Single box DAC and Headphone Amplifier. 27 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › iBasso D-Zero or get new Schiit? 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 2 minutes ago
- › My Video Review of the AKG K812 (on SALE in Hong Kong!) 2 minutes ago
- › Brand new Sennheiser HD650 2 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears 5 minutes ago
- › Thinksound Rain2 to pour in ears soon: Impressions and Discussions... 5 minutes ago
- › Havi B6 ! 6 minutes ago
- › AKG K7XX by avitron142
- › YUIN PK3 Earbuds by thebluebulk
- › Brainwavz S1 by thatBeatsguy
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by Loquah
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundScout
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MyFamilyShoppin
- › Lehmann Rhinelander by jdpark
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kigisaru
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)