- 841 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Location: Toronto
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- First headphone Last post on 12/18/12 at 6:15am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
I want to thanks Vincent from IFI who has sent me the sample for the review. In the past, on my site www.stereo-head.it and on head fi, I’ve already reviewed some IFI’s electronics and i...
Disclosure: I received these headphones from Sony Australia as a review sample to keep. Here is my video review of the 10R, as well as some brief notes about the sound and build of the...
My Story First of all - WOW. This is my first set of proper Hi-fi/Mid-fi cans. It's also easily the best sounding anything I've ever had the pleasure of listening to. However, since I'm new to...
I stumbled upon these headphones after numerous hours of research. To be quite honest, I'd never heard of this brand before so I was a bit hesitant before making the jump; especially after owning...
Let me start with the good, and then explain why you should never buy this IEM. Sound signature: The treble, mids and bass are sort of like that of an HD800, except downgraded. For example, one...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 829post #12421 of 190542/20/13 at 11:41pmoops .
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #12422 of 190542/21/13 at 12:19am
I also listen for many hrs, usually there happens a break naturally and usually there's never non-stop music on in my case (listening at the computer only). But I've forced myself into a limited volume level that I never cross and by doing so I'm adapted to enjoy this lower level volume level, at least it shouldn't be louder than 85dB, that's for sure, probably isn't not that high either except well the brickwalled masterings on hardstyle tracks perhaps.post #12423 of 190542/21/13 at 12:22amQuote:Originally Posted by valkoltonQuote:
Remember everybody, TIME AND LOUDNESS is what = hearing loss. Be careful! Especially if the headphones are or mastering is bright. If M-100 or ANY headphone isn't comfortable past 1 or 2 hours, it is also a SIGN you need to take a 15-30 minute hearing break to keep your hearing health.
Ain't no anecdote for deafness, you want to be an audiophile for life as audio is something that you can really enjoy in your "golden ears" (pun intended). Also beware that during workouts, your blood goes to your muscles so your hearing may not be as good and you may be listening too loud and not know it.
PS - I sound like a mom and this IS a shameless plug, but "don't forget your Faders" when going to loud events, concert and festival season is coming up. Amazon has a sale on Faders VIP for $14.99, you can't go wrong if you didn't get them with an M-100 promo.
Plus with the Faders + M-100 you can have a passive noise cancelling for flights, the little strap inside the M-100 case is meant for Faders VIP case (maybe someone can photograph). And the other strap next to the 1/4" adapter holds a USB memory stick.
Yup, I always try to listen to my music at as low of a volume level as possible. I really is a scary thing to see other people listening to their music and you can hear their music over your headphones, over your own music. :/post #12424 of 190542/21/13 at 12:34am
Practice safe sound!
Sometimes it's fun to listen to headphones at low levels and look for details in the audio.... low level critical listening i guess that's what its called...
Sorta like "hypermiling" if we're talking about cars hehehepost #12425 of 190542/21/13 at 2:21amQuote:
Someone in the basshead thread recommended the JVC FXZ-200
Edited by Craigster75 - 2/21/13 at 2:22ampost #12426 of 190542/21/13 at 5:24ampost #12427 of 190542/21/13 at 5:39amQuote:
Velodyne V-Pulse? V-Moda IEMs?
Edited by Craigster75 - 2/21/13 at 5:45ampost #12428 of 190542/21/13 at 5:41ampost #12429 of 190542/21/13 at 6:40amQuote:
The only thing that bothered me was the aspect that I never got the free VIP faders as part of the V-Day promotion with the M-100's. I thought maybe they were going to send it in a separate package but I guess that is not the case. I do not hold it against Val or the company but I was a little bummed out regardless.
I'd say it's worth contacting V-MODA support, since this sounds like an oversight on their part -- and, given how strong their service typically is, I'm betting they'd be happy to correct it for you.post #12430 of 190542/21/13 at 7:35am
UK headfiers, Amazon UK now have stock of the Matte Black! Get in there quick if you want them!
Unfortunately for me, my pre-order is for the Shadows of which there is still no stock (as well as white), sods law.post #12431 of 190542/21/13 at 9:04am
I just received my m100 yesterday and am really enjoying them so far. I read about how they are small they are when packed, but was still surprised when I saw them. I do notice that the headband seem to twist towards an angle when putting them down instead of being balanced. The right side keeps bending towards the front and it is harder to bend towards the back. Is this how it is suppose to be?post #12432 of 190542/21/13 at 9:47ampost #12433 of 190542/21/13 at 9:52ampost #12434 of 190542/21/13 at 10:51amQuote:Originally Posted by chuckle490
Ouch. Skrillex played in Toronto five times in the last 12 months; 3 shows in one weekend. I remember cuz I had to chase him around and flyer the two parties he played one of those nights haha. Here's the distance of longboarding I had to cover.
Our drum and bass scene is held together by the independent companies that bring big name headliners on the regular as well as the longest running EDM promotional company in Canada, Destiny, bringing WEMF, Bass Week, Digital Dreams (in part with Electronic Nation), as well as many other Projek parties of the biggest names in drum and bass. And we've got some local talent making a splash internationally too iLL.Gates for glitch hop and dubstep, Rene LaVice just released his first LP on RAM, Gremlinz has a spot on Metalheadz, NC-17 keeps releasing gold on Grindhou5e, and Marcus Visionary, the local drum and bass junglist legend is touring Europe in August and September, making an appearance at Outlook Festival in Croatia. This guy is on nearly every flyer in Toronto. Our scene is highly influenced by the UK scene, and we've even had Jayline stay here for a few years before getting deported cuz of his crazy (ex)girlfriend haha.
I know Kansas has a scene, and Miami. I'm pretty sure Vegas' scene is tourst-artificial; I heard last year Deadmau5 had a residency in Vegas and played shows regularly at a hotel. But then there's EDC in Vegas..... Come to think of it I seem to remember Bassnectar and Deiselboy posting about being in Memphis this past year, I could be wrong.
Anyways, this is OT... I'm passionate about my promoting, what can I say :Dpost #12435 of 190542/21/13 at 2:12pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 42 seconds ago
- › Astrotec AX30, AX35 Hybrid IEMs Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › iPod/DX50/Decent DAP 3 minutes ago
- › Looking for Headphones, closed, <$200, Good soundstage for gaming,... 3 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 4 minutes ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Need reccomendations on best portable speaker setup, to go with ODAC. 5 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 6 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 2/20/2014: BoomPro... 6 minutes ago
- › Sportapro Driver Removable Cable Mod 7 minutes ago
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by kuhchuk
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by ashton18
- › Sennheiser IE800 by ag8908
- › Pioneer SE-CL721-K Headphones, Black/Red by tswmcello
- › Colorfly C3 by svyr
- › HiFiMeDIY Sabre Tiny USB DAC Digital to Analog Audio Converter... by laughingbuddha
- › Hifimediy Sabre USB DAC by laughingbuddha
- › Digital Silence DS-101A Stereo Analogue Ambient Noise Cancelling... by julian67
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude