Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 789

post #11821 of 20996

Thank you guys for checking it out. Can't wait to hear it with my M100.

 

 

Some other songs that may be good for bass impact:

 

 

 

 


Edited by jmsilva22 - 1/25/13 at 9:30am
post #11822 of 20996
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsilva22 View Post

I picked that song for the bass impact, not bass extension. There is plenty of songs out there for that. But I think this particular song has a really nice and tight "dry kick drum" for measuring bass impact.


Fair enough, but unlike most headphones styled for this kind of music, don't expect the bass to rattle the headphones, as it just won't. Not unless you amp it up with something built to do so.

 

Beat headphones I would guess for an example, would see this type of song as something to really bang at your head.

 

If you are happy with the M-80's bass, you would be more than happy with the M-100's bass


Edited by musical-kage - 1/25/13 at 9:21am
post #11823 of 20996

Btw, love me some Paris man. One of the most underrated and lethal MC's in history, regardless if you agree with his views or not. I put him up there with Chuck D and KRS One.

post #11824 of 20996
Quote:
Originally Posted by musical-kage View Post


Fair enough, but unlike most headphones styled for this kind of music, don't expect the bass to rattle the headphones, as it just won't. Not unless you amp it up with something built to do so.

 

Beat headphones I would guess for an example, would see this type of song as something to really bang at your head.

 

If you are happy with the M-80's bass, you would be more than happy with the M-100's bass


I don't have the M80 anymore. I sold it. As far as amps go I do have the E11. My main source is a Clip Zip but I wonder if I should upgrade to something like a Samsung Galaxy Player or any other good media player with MicroSD. The Zip is good but its tiny as f@ck and sometimes that bothers me. lol

post #11825 of 20996
By the way,
Happy 1 year anniversary of the thread!
Quote:
Originally Posted by musical-kage View Post

If you want to test a song with bass, a lot more songs go deeper.
Angel by Massive Attack for example goes a lot lower in its bass.
The start notes are stronger, and then you get an even lower bass line that comes with the drums seconds after.

I love "Angel" and Andy Horace's original reggae version is amazing as well. Massive attack recently released a remastered version of the "Blue Lines" album, here's hoping Mezzanine gets some special treatment as well. I had to buy a second copy of the latter album last year, still sounds good but the "shimmery" processed cymbals began to annoy me about 2 years back, wish they just used nice natural cymbals. Another good band to check out for lots of bass, apparently, is Gemini... Only heard them once during my sister's wedding, but I mean to get some of their stuff for myself!
Edited by Evshrug - 1/25/13 at 4:07pm
post #11826 of 20996
Listening to some Gemini now, thanks :D
post #11827 of 20996
Quote:
Originally Posted by musical-kage View Post

Listening to some Gemini now, thanks biggrin.gif

I only got to hear two songs, let me know which ones stand out for you.

And did you realize the thread was "having a birthday" today? Lol. Always enjoy an excuse to have cake...
post #11828 of 20996
I just received my m100's. I'm very picky when it comes to music and I'm very pleased with the sound quality and bass.
post #11829 of 20996

Can somebody here tell me what the ideal output impedance for an amp powering the M-100 is? I'm stuck between the Magni, Fiio E09K, and the O2 for using with my M-100. The Magni is supposedly too powerful with it's 1.2 watts at 32 ohms and the gain is too high, the E07K has an output impedance of 10 ohms and I'm sure if that is ok for using with the M-100's 32 ohm impedance, and I'm just not sold on the O2. Thanks everyone.

post #11830 of 20996

Killer combo

 

*

post #11831 of 20996
Did we ever clear up if these are warranted thru amazon? Or returnable?

Or is ordering these thru amazon, a no go?

I'm thinking of moving on some because I like the warranty of half off the next pair, or whatever it was.
post #11832 of 20996
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckle490 View Post

Can somebody here tell me what the ideal output impedance for an amp powering the M-100 is? I'm stuck between the Magni, Fiio E09K, and the O2 for using with my M-100. The Magni is supposedly too powerful with it's 1.2 watts at 32 ohms and the gain is too high, the E07K has an output impedance of 10 ohms and I'm sure if that is ok for using with the M-100's 32 ohm impedance, and I'm just not sold on the O2. Thanks everyone.

Magni should be OK with the M-100, but you might have background hiss and louder volume (so just turn down the volume knob, unless you get the channel imbalance from the potentiometer).

 

E09k is meant to drive higher impedance headphones so you won't get the magic #8 damping factor (headphone impedance / amp output impedance; 32Ω / 10Ω = 3.2). A damping factor less than 8 makes changes in the output signal that are audible (AKA colouration) and the E09k's frequency response has a bass and treble roll-off according to Voldemort's measurements.

I'm assuming you meant the E09k when you mentioned the E07k, but the E07k has a low output impedance.

 

O2 works beautifully with the M-100 and has an low output impedance so you'll get well beyond the magic #8 damping factor.


Edited by miceblue - 1/25/13 at 9:44pm
post #11833 of 20996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minarets View Post

Did we ever clear up if these are warranted thru amazon? Or returnable?

Or is ordering these thru amazon, a no go?

I'm thinking of moving on some because I like the warranty of half off the next pair, or whatever it was.
I asked Amazon and V-Moda, they said Amazon gets vmoda's 2 year insurance and lifetime replacement like ordering from V-Moda, but Amazon had a 30 day refund policy, and V-Moda is 60 days, other wise everything else is the same
post #11834 of 20996
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Magni should be OK with the M-100, but you might have background hiss and louder volume (so just turn down the volume knob, unless you get the channel imbalance from the potentiometer).

E09k is meant to drive higher impedance headphones so you won't get the magic #8 damping factor (headphone impedance / amp output impedance). A damping factor less than 8 makes changes in the output signal that are audible and the E09k's frequency response has a bass and treble roll-off according to Voldemort's measurements.
I'm assuming you meant the E09k when you mentioned the E07k, but the E07k has a low output impedance.

O2 works beautifully with the M-100 and has an low output impedance so you'll get well beyond the magic #8 damping factor.

What about the e11? Its all I got.
post #11835 of 20996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos4996 View Post

I asked Amazon and V-Moda, they said Amazon gets vmoda's 2 year insurance and lifetime replacement like ordering from V-Moda, but Amazon had a 30 day refund policy, and V-Moda is 60 days, other wise everything else is the same

Thanks.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.