Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 781

post #11701 of 21031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post


It means they came to your shipping address to deliver, but no one answered the door.

That's like impossible lol I live at a boarding school and there's always someone on duty at the security gate...will they come again?

 

EDIT: It actually says attempted delivery ABROAD. dunno if thats different


Edited by Peji - 1/21/13 at 7:55am
post #11702 of 21031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peji View Post

That's like impossible lol I live at a boarding school and there's always someone on duty at the security gate...will they come again?

 

EDIT: It actually says attempted delivery ABROAD. dunno if thats different


Oh, okay, sounds like a customs issue.  Try V-Moda customer service.

post #11703 of 21031
Quote:
convert alllly Posted by Peji View Postcusto

's like impossible lol I live at a board fromng sch. . ool and there's always someone on duty at the security gate...will they come again?

 

EDIT: It actually says attempted delivery ABROAD. dunno if thats different

It will say that

Go to your local delivery company now that will be posting it and type the one in from stamps

It will convert and itl be to do with custom charges

post #11704 of 21031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post


Believe it or not, the amp does have a significant impact on the sound, but I do agree that the headphone has the greatest impact.


Well, I guess I worded it wrong, an amp should only bring out the full potential of the headphones sound by giving it the correct power.

post #11705 of 21031
I'm sure this has been answered many times, but this thread is too big to search through, but how are they with movies/gaming as this will be 50% of my usage.
post #11706 of 21031
Quote:
Originally Posted by noxa View Post

I'm sure this has been answered many times, but this thread is too big to search through, but how are they with movies/gaming as this will be 50% of my usage.


Brilliant. Bass suits films and games, and I find the positoning to sound good too. You can almost hear something to the very far right/left of you. Maybe even like it is coming from behind you.

post #11707 of 21031
Has anyone here tried the M-100 with the Schiit magni and modi stack? I want to get that stack as a home rig but something like 1.2 watts at 32 ohms is a lot of power.
post #11708 of 21031
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckle490 View Post

Has anyone here tried the M-100 with the Schiit magni and modi stack? I want to get that stack as a home rig but something like 1.2 watts at 32 ohms is a lot of power.

I've been reading some of the posts in that thread.

  • The Magni has a 5.0x gain, which is quite a bit for a sensitive headphone like the M-100; 1.0x, 2.5x, or maybe even 3.5x would be more ideal in which case the Objective 2 would be a better buy for the M-100
  • It does give more power output compared the Objective 2, but they can essentially drive the same headphones
  • The Schiit Stack is ~$100 USD less compared to the Objective combo
  • I don't know how power/impedance/current matching goes, but my guess is that 1.2 W at 32 ohms is likely safe for headphones, otherwise they wouldn't sell the amp...or would they?
  • The Objective 2 drives the M-100 just fine; I use it with the 1.0x gain since you can hear the background hiss with the 2.5x gain option due to the high sensitivity of the M-100
  • Preliminary measurements and [insert sound science only term] tests indicate that the Magni and the Objective 2 sound nearly identical

Edited by miceblue - 1/21/13 at 11:30am
post #11709 of 21031

You could also always use an impedence adaptor if the gain is too much.

post #11710 of 21031
Would the 5.0x gain cause any problems? I'd prefer the M&M over the O2 + ODAC.
post #11711 of 21031
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckle490 View Post

Would the 5.0x gain cause any problems? I'd prefer the M&M over the O2 + ODAC.

Probably not any serious problems. Usually a higher gain is meant for more demanding headphones (Schiit designed the Magni with orthodynamic headphones in mind, whereas Voldemort designed the O2 for more flexibility with more regular headphones).

For the case of the M-100 you might have to turn the volume knob down and you might be able to hear a background hiss.

post #11712 of 21031
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

  • I don't know how power/impedance/current matching goes, but my guess is that 1.2 W at 32 ohms is likely safe for headphones, otherwise they wouldn't sell the amp...or would they?

Holy Schitt. Well I sure am not going to plug my M-100 into that thing. Nor anything else that isn't super high impedence or an orthos.

post #11713 of 21031
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkfireblade25 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

  • I don't know how power/impedance/current matching goes, but my guess is that 1.2 W at 32 ohms is likely safe for headphones, otherwise they wouldn't sell the amp...or would they?

Holy Schitt. Well I sure am not going to plug my M-100 into that thing. Nor anything else that isn't super high impedence or an orthos.

Supposedly it got fixed, I dunno for certain, but I'm sure Jason at Schiit addressed the issue.

post #11714 of 21031
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Supposedly it got fixed, I dunno for certain, but I'm sure Jason at Schiit addressed the issue.

I don't know if that was actually an issue or not. I thought it was more of a purpose difference. High voltage is needed in an orthos.

post #11715 of 21031

Well I am sure someone here has the boom mic pro and is using an amp with it.

 

Is that even possible?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.