Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 776

post #11626 of 20807

Ive got another question. I'd rather have the sound stage in front of me, so by flipping the left earcup to the right earcup and whatever, flipping it around, it won't effect the sound quality right, just the instruments will be in other places?

post #11627 of 20807
Quote:
Originally Posted by clairyvic View Post

Ive got another question. I'd rather have the sound stage in front of me, so by flipping the left earcup to the right earcup and whatever, flipping it around, it won't effect the sound quality right, just the instruments will be in other places?


Erm, the channels will simply flip, so right will become left, and left will become right. The sound stage will remain the same.

 

I suggest you try the pad mod (add tissues at the top and bottom of the cups)

 

If they help the sound alot, buy the LP/LP2 pads or wait for the XL

post #11628 of 20807

Yeah I did the pad mod and it still comes from behind.

post #11629 of 20807
Quote:
Originally Posted by clairyvic View Post

Yeah I did the pad mod and it still comes from behind.

If you have an ipod, go to the eq settings, and change the setting to treble boost. It helped when I had them. 

post #11630 of 20807

How would that help the soundstage?

post #11631 of 20807

I have ESW9 now, would the M100 be a good upgrade?

post #11632 of 20807
Quote:
Originally Posted by nehcrow View Post

I have ESW9 now, would the M100 be a good upgrade?

The ESW9's are known for their lush midrange, and the M-100's do have a pretty lush midrange, but it's laid-back in presentation. I haven't heard the ESW9's in-person so that might be something to consider. I once considered getting an ESW9 myself.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by musical-kage View Post

Kewl. Should I just buy the LP/LP2 pads? Haha...

Given that the LP/LP2 pads give even more improvements over the paper towel mod

If you don't mind slightly grainy treble, less bass impact, and a more forward midrange, I'd say it's worth a shot. It's not a perfect solution, but I think it does help.

post #11633 of 20807
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

This is related to microphones and headphones in general, but it can apply for the Boom Pro Mic cable.

Is it possible to use an external amplifier with an audio channel (stupid wording, I meant voice channel; of course it will support an audio channel)? When I try to Skype someone with the Boom Pro Mic cable, the microphone doesn't seem to work when hooked-up to the Objective 2.

Not sure if any amps would have a passtrough for the voice channel of a 4 conductor TRRS plug. If your trying to use it with you're computer you could get a VoIP adapter like this (there are other ones that cost less, but I knew V-Moda had one and didn't want to take time snooping around amazon to find a different one)


Edited by BassyMcBasshead - 1/18/13 at 9:50pm
post #11634 of 20807
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassyMcBasshead View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

This is related to microphones and headphones in general, but it can apply for the Boom Pro Mic cable.

Is it possible to use an external amplifier with an audio channel (stupid wording, I meant voice channel; of course it will support an audio channel)? When I try to Skype someone with the Boom Pro Mic cable, the microphone doesn't seem to work when hooked-up to the Objective 2.

Not sure if any amps would have a passtrough for the voice channel of a 4 conductor TRRS plug. If your trying to use it with you're computer you could get a VoIP adapter like this (there are other ones that cost less, but I knew V-Moda had one and didn't want to take time snooping around amazon to find a different one)

Ah I see. I was talking about the amp mostly. Some people were talking about the VoIP adaptor earlier in the thread.

post #11635 of 20807
Holy cow. Just had my first ever V-MODA sighting and it's a pair of M-100s. If your at SEATAC right now reading this, nice headphones smily_headphones1.gif
post #11636 of 20807
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnio View Post

Holy cow. Just had my first ever V-MODA sighting and it's a pair of M-100s. If your at SEATAC right now reading this, nice headphones smily_headphones1.gif

LOL seriously? I'm a Seattle-ite but I'm not at SEATAC right now. How's the fog down there? wink.gif

post #11637 of 20807
Insanely thick, but it beats the -25F I just left!
post #11638 of 20807
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnio View Post

Insanely thick, but it beats the -25F I just left!

 

-25 Fblink.gif I'm Canadian and that made me instantly cold just reading that. 

 

Were you in Antarctica?

post #11639 of 20807
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassyMcBasshead View Post

Not sure if any amps would have a passtrough for the voice channel of a 4 conductor TRRS plug. If your trying to use it with you're computer you could get a VoIP adapter like this (there are other ones that cost less, but I knew V-Moda had one and didn't want to take time snooping around amazon to find a different one)

Yes, I just got that VoIP adapter for my M-100 and the DragonFly with the 3 button cable, and it is working good for Skype and TeamSpeak.  You will need this for the AMP if you want to keep the mic channel open for records / captures.  If you need one that has straight plugs or longer than 4 inches, the VoIP adapter from Razer maybe better for you.

post #11640 of 20807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apo0th3karY View Post

-25 Fblink.gif
 I'm Canadian and that made me instantly cold just reading that. 

Were you in Antarctica?

Alaska

On the M100 topic though - I have now suffered a broken wing plate. I backed the screws 1/2 turn or so a couple months back, but that didn't help apparently.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.