Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 774

post #11596 of 20877
Quote:
Originally Posted by clairyvic View Post

Like its coming from behind me...

 

Like not a sing sound ever goes in front of me. Is that how it is for everyone? It's annoying.

Well I imagine myself at the front of the stage, facing the audience, so I hear things behind me. It depends on where you imagine yourself in the stage for "behind" or "in front" sounds.

 

Try giving these tests a try, and especially the Left and Right "wiring tests".

http://www.audiocheck.net/soundtests_headphones.php

 

If those don't work, perhaps you have a defective pair?

.......man what's up with these defective pairs lately? I thought V-MODA was going to patent (or whatever the process is for something like this) their production line process/make sure quality control is top-notch. confused.gif


Edited by miceblue - 1/17/13 at 8:49pm
post #11597 of 20877
Quote:
Originally Posted by clairyvic View Post

Like its coming from behind me...

 

Like not a sing sound ever goes in front of me. Is that how it is for everyone? It's annoying.

 

Did I maybe screw up the drivers with my modding?

Have you tried other headphones under the same output? I remember plugging into an extension that was designed only for a PC mic once; everything was blended together so there was no distinction between channels.. wups

post #11598 of 20877

Man...anybody here actually using (and being satisfied) with the M100 without modding it?

 

I am currently using a modded Panasonic RP-HTX7 (my own mod) and it sounds pretty good for a $25 can.

 

I really want to buy the M100, but the fact that after spending $300 or more on a pair of headphones and then having to stuff it with gauze or paper towel "to make it sound like it should" bothers me a lot.

post #11599 of 20877
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsilva22 View Post

Man...anybody here actually using (and being satisfied) with the M100 without modding it?

 

I am currently using a modded Panasonic RP-HTX7 (my own mod) and it sounds pretty good for a $25 can.

 

I really want to buy the M100, but the fact that after spending $300 or more on a pair of headphones and then having to stuff it with gauze or paper towel "to make it sound like it should" bothers me a lot.

I'm sure there are plenty of people who are; I just didnt like them the way they sounded because the whole presentation sounded unrealistic.. To my ears.

post #11600 of 20877

I see your point, but it's preference mostly, not 'how it's supposed to sound' Mine is mainly a comfort thing. Keep in mind that the pads have to sink in, so that's part of the burn in process. And modding is fun. I'm pretty sure Val even made a post somewhere saying "I can't wait for you guys to V-MODDIFY these!"

 

Interesting though. I think my mod is entirely different form others; I just uninstalled and reinstalled. Some quick impressions using one very familiar track; uninstallation on the intro and first drop, installed it again by the second drop.... With the mod the bass is stronger, but the mids aren't swallowed whole by them, infact they're brought more forward... Detail is greater I think. and it actually sounds louder.. I don't get that... I'll have to do this again when I'm not just recovered from a headache and sleepy. 

I WISH I could find the same gauze squares at work. I tried finding for another user.... I feel compelled to find more and send em off to some people just for comparison sake.

post #11601 of 20877

they arrieved about 20 minutes ago and right out of the box i am very pleased. seem to match the high expectations i had on these. will keep you updated.

post #11602 of 20877
fanboyism aside, did anyone compare them to 1r and ue6000? i had the 1r befire so i can only call what i can remember but from that i would say thay sound pretty similar to the m100. the sonys have a wider soundstage and a tad less sub bass emphasis. detail mids and highs seem quite close.
post #11603 of 20877
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsilva22 View Post

Man...anybody here actually using (and being satisfied) with the M100 without modding it?

 

I am currently using a modded Panasonic RP-HTX7 (my own mod) and it sounds pretty good for a $25 can.

 

I really want to buy the M100, but the fact that after spending $300 or more on a pair of headphones and then having to stuff it with gauze or paper towel "to make it sound like it should" bothers me a lot.


Me- completely satisfied out of the box.

post #11604 of 20877
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofastreamer View Post

fanboyism aside, did anyone compare them to 1r and ue6000? i had the 1r befire so i can only call what i can remember but from that i would say thay sound pretty similar to the m100. the sonys have a wider soundstage and a tad less sub bass emphasis. detail mids and highs seem quite close.


Yes and yes.  1R and UE6000 win on comfort. 1R mids are much more forward than UE6000 and M-100.  However, I consider the mids on UE6000 and M-100 to be smooth with good detail; better detail and soundstage on the M-100.  In terms of treble extension, 1R has the most, followed by M-100, then UE6000 which sounds slightly dark in comparison, but I would not categorize them as a dark headphone.  UE6000 is probably the most genre-specific of the bunch, most ideal for EDM and hip hop with boomy bass.  After listening to M-100 and UE6000, bass sounds lacking on the 1R in comparison, but they are not bass light.  As an overall winner, the M-100 nails my sonic preferences and has earned their "fanboyism".

post #11605 of 20877

and which one has the deepest soundstage in your opinion?

post #11606 of 20877
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofastreamer View Post

and which one has the deepest soundstage in your opinion?


UE6000 has the least.  I didn't spend enough time with the R1 to fairly determine between them and the M-100.  However, I consider the M-100 to be in the top tier regarding soundstage in a closed headphone.

post #11607 of 20877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tus-Chan View Post

 

I'm going to be doing a comparison of the M-100, the K167, and the DT770 AE 32ohm.

That would be great! Looking forward to it :)

post #11608 of 20877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post


UE6000 has the least.  I didn't spend enough time with the R1 to fairly determine between them and the M-100.  However, I consider the M-100 to be in the top tier regarding soundstage in a closed headphone.

yes, i have to say, they remind me a lot of the dt770 LE. even the treble seems a little overdone for me. there is a small peak somewhere that is always annoying me. had the same problem with other phones like d2000, eph100 and many more.

post #11609 of 20877
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsilva22 View Post

Man...anybody here actually using (and being satisfied) with the M100 without modding it?

 

I am currently using a modded Panasonic RP-HTX7 (my own mod) and it sounds pretty good for a $25 can.

 

I really want to buy the M100, but the fact that after spending $300 or more on a pair of headphones and then having to stuff it with gauze or paper towel "to make it sound like it should" bothers me a lot.

Me - although took some getting used to, I prefer them unmodded now.

post #11610 of 20877
I wear them unmodded over my cap, it lits them off my ears slightly. I also have small ears, so I dont experience much discomfort.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.