Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 768

post #11506 of 21063

Damn. I want to return these, but I bought them off amazon as well. They are no good for me.
 

post #11507 of 21063
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnio View Post


I think you're asking the wrong question (although they should have seen through it).  Tell them you are wanting to take advantage of the 60 day test drive guarantee.  They don't do returns from amazon purchases per se.

 

*EDIT* NVM - Re-read it and saw that you asked for the test drive...that's opposite of what has been said on here before.

Does amazon have a return policy?

post #11508 of 21063

Hi everyone, yes Amazon has a return policy. I will try that instead. I tried v-moda first because in the package they asked to please return to v-moda and not to the retailer. 

post #11509 of 21063
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOX News View Post

Damn. I want to return these, but I bought them off amazon as well. They are no good for me.
 

 

Then return them, Amazon has a 30-day policy and tends to side with the consumer vs the retailer (one of the few companies that does that anymore; V-Moda does too though).  This isn't a full solution to the 60-day test run V-Moda offers, I feel that the people who bought off of Amazon feel kind of cheated since they don't get the 60 days, rather only 30.  I'm not sure if the V-Moda site explicitly states that you have to buy from V-Moda to get the 60-day run.  If it doesn't, it may be a good thing to add Val ;)  

post #11510 of 21063
Quote:
Originally Posted by pianoman1245 View Post

Hi everyone, yes Amazon has a return policy. I will try that instead. I tried v-moda first because in the package they asked to please return to v-moda and not to the retailer. 

It feels damn slimy that V-moda won't tell you anything about how the test drive works, nor will they accept their own product back after both touting their customer service and advising you to deal with them instead of a retailer.

post #11511 of 21063
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post

 

Then return them, Amazon has a 30-day policy and tends to side with the consumer vs the retailer (one of the few companies that does that anymore; V-Moda does too though).  This isn't a full solution to the 60-day test run V-Moda offers, I feel that the people who bought off of Amazon feel kind of cheated since they don't get the 60 days, rather only 30.  I'm not sure if the V-Moda site explicitly states that you have to buy from V-Moda to get the 60-day run.  If it doesn't, it may be a good thing to add Val ;)  


The 60 day thing is actually advertized on AMAZON TOO! That's what makes me mad. I have half a mind to fly down to LA and shove them back in their face if this doesn't work out.

post #11512 of 21063
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post

 

Then return them, Amazon has a 30-day policy and tends to side with the consumer vs the retailer (one of the few companies that does that anymore; V-Moda does too though).  This isn't a full solution to the 60-day test run V-Moda offers, I feel that the people who bought off of Amazon feel kind of cheated since they don't get the 60 days, rather only 30.  I'm not sure if the V-Moda site explicitly states that you have to buy from V-Moda to get the 60-day run.  If it doesn't, it may be a good thing to add Val ;)  

 

The V-Moda site does not explicitly state this.  Furthermore, the product detail page on Amazon's site talks about the 60-Day guarantee but also does not state that it must be purchased through V-Moda.  That product detail page is under Amazon's control and would make it their responsibility to honor the full 60-day guarantee. V-Moda should have provided him more direction in their response, but ultimately the return is a standard one in the typical return window that has nothing to do with the guarantee.  V-Moda & Amazon should certainly be a little more transparent about the terms of this guarantee on their site though.  

post #11513 of 21063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speakerphile View Post

 

The V-Moda site does not explicitly state this.  Furthermore, the product detail page on Amazon's site talks about the 60-Day guarantee but also does not state that it must be purchased through V-Moda.  That product detail page is under Amazon's control and would make it their responsibility to honor the full 60-day guarantee. V-Moda should have provided him more direction in their response, but ultimately the return is a standard one in the typical return window that has nothing to do with the guarantee.  V-Moda & Amazon should certainly be a little more transparent about the terms of this guarantee on their site though.  

 

The product detail is actually done by V-Moda if I'm not mistaken, not Amazon.  

post #11514 of 21063
Quote:
Originally Posted by pianoman1245 View Post

This was the message I received after explaining what happened and asking for a refund: "We apologize for receiving a defective pair! If you would like to provide your full address, we will be happy to send out a new pair today with a pre-paid return label for the defective pair. Unfortunately, we can't refund transactions made through Amazon. We know you'll love the headphones so we want to make sure you have a working pair to try."

 

I bought these literally 1 week ago.

 

So, for anyone who missed it, here is my v-moda story:

Bought the m100s from Amazon with the intention of returning them for a refund based on the test-drive guarantee if I didn't like them. When I got them, i used them in my iPhone, and the right ear seemed softer than the left. Tried them on my main soundcard, the Xonar D1, and they didn't work on the soundcard; I just heard distortion. So they are pretty much useless for me at home, which is where I intend to use them the majority of the time. The next day (using FiiO E7) I noticed that the right ear is defective, as when I press on it gently, the sound goes out. Two days later, the right ear doesn't play any sound the majority of the time (through E7, laptop, and iPhone). I sent a customer service message to V-moda asking for a refund based on the 60-day test drive guarantee on Thursday, and received the above reply today saying that they don't refund transactions made through Amazon. So now I get to receive a new pair of headphones that don't even work on my soundcard, when I only purchased them in the first place because of the supposed refund guarantee! 


bar the issue with asking for a refund they sound defective, so if you wanted them in the first place i'm not sure why you don't want to get an exchange for a working pair.

 

if you weren't happy with the sound signature that's another story...

post #11515 of 21063

I wasn't very happy with the sound signature but that might be because they are defective. The main reason I want a refund is because they don't work on my Xonar D1, which means that they are pretty much useless at home for me. 

post #11516 of 21063

I have returned several headphones in the past year and have not had an issue.  I would like to offer some advice regarding what I have learned related to returns:

 

1.  Returns should always be handled through the company you made the purchase.  As an example, if you buy a Sony television from Best Buy and it works fine, but you don't like the picture, would you return to Best Buy or Sony (rhetorical question)?

 

2.  Know the return policy of the retailer where you purchased the headphones before buying.  This includes accepting returns on headphones, timeframes, restocking fees, etc.  I have eaten some restocking fees, but I accepted them because I knew the terms up front and it was worthwhile with some to have my curiosity regarding their sound satisfied.

 

3.  If you have a defective product and are within the retailer's return timeframe, just return it to them unless you prefer having the manufacturer repair directly.

 

4.  If you have a defective product in need of repair within the manufacturer's timeframe, contact the manufacturer.

 

I have high expectations from companies, but I don't believe it is reasonable to expect a refund from a manufacturer (in this case V-Moda) for a product not purchased directly from them because the consumer failed to meet the return requirements of the retailer (Amazon). It is reasonable to expect V-Moda to address any product defect.

 

I am puting my money where my mouth is regarding my Vamp purchase.  I purchased Vamp through Amazon over a month ago.  I sent in for a firmware upgrade.  Now that I have some time with Vamp, it is great, but not perfect.  For example, you can't use it while charging and the Iphone can't be charged even when Vamp is off unless Vamp is detached which isn't the easiest process.  I would not expect a refund from V-Moda if I was dissastisfied enough to want to return Vamp (which I don't). 

 

I hope I don't sound harsh, just trying to be objective and make life easier since returns can also be a pain in the ***.
 


Edited by Craigster75 - 1/15/13 at 6:18am
post #11517 of 21063
Quote:

Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post

I would not expect a refund from V-Moda if I was dissastisfied enough to want to return Vamp

 

Don't you dare!  I will give you what you paid for it without hesitation :)

post #11518 of 21063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post

For example, you can't use it while charging and the Iphone can't be charged even when Vamp is off unless Vamp is detached which isn't the easiest process.  I would not expect a refund from V-Moda if I was dissastisfied enough to want to return Vamp (which I don't). 

 

I hope I don't sound harsh, just trying to be objective and make life easier since returns can also be a pain in the ***.
 

 

I certainly would. Especially if the manufacturer deliberately advertised a 60 day return policy on the basis of you not liking the product (in the case of the M100). That's the whole point of the test drive.

 

I think the guy is well within his rights to expect what has been advertised by V-Moda to be relied upon. Val mentioned that he had a part in writing the Amazon description (as I expect the V-Moda team did too), so its not like its simple copy and paste error from the main website.

 

In any case, the advice to simply return to Amazon instead is the best thing to do anyway and should always be you're first port of call if its within your 30 days. But its slightly worrying that V-Moda aren't capable of doing the refund process themselves and sorting the technicals out with Amazon, I can't imagine that Amazon have agreed on an extended 60 day return on behalf of just this product (if that is the case, fool is me!) in which case there's probably going to be a few angry customers trying to return their headphones after the standard 30 day mark, and what if Amazon weren't so great with their returns and wouldn't accept that you weren't just plain unhappy with them!

 

On a separate note, whats even more worrying is the fact that they still haven't got any Amazon UK stock so I can't get hold of these bad boys and get me some M100 love!!! smily_headphones1.gif


Edited by JonnyN - 1/15/13 at 7:06am
post #11519 of 21063
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post

 

The product detail is actually done by V-Moda if I'm not mistaken, not Amazon.  

I should have been more clear.  V-Moda may have provided the content for the page, but Amazon owns it and is responsible for what it says about the products that it sells.  It is their job to make sure that the content provided to them is accurate before they choose to put it on their site.  It is their site at this point that says there is a 60-day guarantee, therefore, they have to honor it.  

 

Let's be clear about another thing though.  Pianoman has not attempted to return through Amazon yet, and likely won't have any issues since he has only had the product for approximately 1 week.  The real question is, as a matter of normal business, does Amazon already back this guarantee.  If they do, all of this is a moot point.  If they do not, they need to fix their site.  

post #11520 of 21063

Here's my $0.02

 

In retail there's this little thing saying that ends up being beneficial for consumers; THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT.

 

Call Amazon and complain til you talk to a manager and say that it's written on the site and you should be honoured the stated return policy for that particular product. Take a screen shot. I've done this all before when Rogers offered me a cell plan on their website that was only available in another province. 

 

So if the site says something, they should honour it, if not, then you ask to speak to a manger or some sort of retention line (not sure if that word applies here)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.