Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 756

post #11326 of 21063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogbellies View Post


Hmmm, if you read these forums I would agree with your first sentiment, however there is no other hype, except a few pro reviews, for the most part favourable. Compare that with perhaps the most well known luxury headphone brand and I think you would have to agree the hype is fairly limited and (for the most part) better informed.
The price is partly due to import duty and VAT, in my case almost adding £60 the the cost. For me, they are worth it. They may not be perfect but I prefer their sound to any of the competing models that I have heard which is most of them (MDR-1R being the exception). All down to personal taste I guess.

 

Good for you, this is presumably a fair example of why choice is good and people have differing opinions.

 

To me they sound awful, and to you they sound great....as Roger Waters said " We got choice! " beyersmile.png

post #11327 of 21063

can anyone who have the m-80 and m-100 confirm that the m-100 is bigger ?

not the cup, but the length of the top / the head band ?

i tried the m-80 on the store and at it's longest setting i cant fit it to my head properly,

maybe my head are on the larger side.

the cups just wont reach both of my ears properly, in the end it just "hangs" on my head and doesn't provide me with good seal thus the sound become very bad.

i really want the M-100 but i can't find it in my country

if i order it online i'm afraid it will give me the same issues.

i tried the audio technics M50 and it fits me well on it's longest setting.

so please give some inputs here, thank you

and preferabbly compares it with UE6000 as well as i'm also interested in those cans too.

thx

post #11328 of 21063
Anyone want to trade their M100 for some Sony MDR 1r's?
post #11329 of 21063
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10DeeQ View Post

can anyone who have the m-80 and m-100 confirm that the m-100 is bigger ?

not the cup, but the length of the top / the head band ?

i tried the m-80 on the store and at it's longest setting i cant fit it to my head properly,

maybe my head are on the larger side.

the cups just wont reach both of my ears properly, in the end it just "hangs" on my head and doesn't provide me with good seal thus the sound become very bad.

i really want the M-100 but i can't find it in my country

if i order it online i'm afraid it will give me the same issues.

i tried the audio technics M50 and it fits me well on it's longest setting.

so please give some inputs here, thank you

and preferabbly compares it with UE6000 as well as i'm also interested in those cans too.

thx

They are bigger. The M-80's barely make it to my ears at full extension, where the M-100's take roughly 3 clicks to rest where they need to be.

post #11330 of 21063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post
 

 

Great job on answering those questions for 10DeeQ. Really helped me out also. beerchug.gif

post #11331 of 21063

Anyone know which portable amp would be suited with the M100 and Iphone 5? Definitely trying to bring out a tad-bit more vocals in the mids with a budget under $150. I know Dacs won't work with it either from the research gathered :/.

post #11332 of 21063
Quote:
Originally Posted by rs0cal View Post

Anyone know which portable amp would be suited with the M100 and Iphone 5? Definitely trying to bring out a tad-bit more vocals in the mids with a budget under $150. I know Dacs won't work with it either from the research gathered :/.


If I didn't already own Vamp, I would wait for the FiiO E12 that comes out in a month or two.  Should be about $120 and I have high expectations based on appearance and specs- check out the thread.

post #11333 of 21063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finguz View Post

Good for you, this is presumably a fair example of why choice is good and people have differing opinions.

To me they sound awful, and to you they sound great....as Roger Waters said " We got choice! " beyersmile.png

Sure enough each to their own but I'm interested to know if you feel the M-100's sound awful what HP to your ears sound good?

In the price range I currently have 3 HPs. Mad Dogs, M-100, and DT770. All sound exceptional as stand alone HPs but when listening and compairing side by side I'd say the MD's beat out the M100s which in turn sound better then the DT770s. In regards to portability however the M-100 is a clear winner over the other two.
post #11334 of 21063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post


If I didn't already own Vamp, I would wait for the FiiO E12 that comes out in a month or two.  Should be about $120 and I have high expectations based on appearance and specs- check out the thread.

Thanks!!! Will do

post #11335 of 21063
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonpking View Post

Sure enough each to their own but I'm interested to know if you feel the M-100's sound awful what HP to your ears sound good?
In the price range I currently have 3 HPs. Mad Dogs, M-100, and DT770. All sound exceptional as stand alone HPs but when listening and compairing side by side I'd say the MD's beat out the M100s which in turn sound better then the DT770s. In regards to portability however the M-100 is a clear winner over the other two.

What do you like better about the MD's and have you done the paper towel mod to the M100?
post #11336 of 21063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post


If I didn't already own Vamp, I would wait for the FiiO E12 that comes out in a month or two.  Should be about $120 and I have high expectations based on appearance and specs- check out the thread.


It'll be interesting to see which would be the better amp/dac, the FiiO E12, or the Verza.

 

I've figured I'm having some issues with my ears. Since I've had my cold, I can feel at times my ears closing up. As soon as I get some bass in my ears, I can sense something suddenly changes, and not for the better. I don't particularly listen to music loud either, but its happened a few times at work, and I suddenly won't be able to hear my work mates shouting numbers at me, but then they'll be fine.

I know of a protective mechanism the ears have


Edited by musical-kage - 1/7/13 at 4:23pm
post #11337 of 21063
Quote:
Originally Posted by musical-kage View Post


It'll be interesting to see which would be the better amp/dac, the FiiO E12, or the Verza.

 

 

Vamp is far superior to E11 regarding SQ, but E11 has excellent bass boost.  It is likely Verza will have bass boost.  Also, keep in mind Vamp and Verza are amp + DAC where Fiio is amp only.

post #11338 of 21063
Quote:
Originally Posted by musical-kage View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post


If I didn't already own Vamp, I would wait for the FiiO E12 that comes out in a month or two.  Should be about $120 and I have high expectations based on appearance and specs- check out the thread.


It'll be interesting to see which would be the better amp/dac, the FiiO E12, or the Verza.

 

I've figured I'm having some issues with my ears. Since I've had my cold, I can feel at times my ears closing up. As soon as I get some bass in my ears, I can sense something suddenly changes, and not for the better. I don't particularly listen to music loud either, but its happened a few times at work, and I suddenly won't be able to hear my work mates shouting numbers at me, but then they'll be fine.

I know of a protective mechanism the ears have

 

This is something I experienced with my recent head cold also. I would have to 'pop' my ears to get the bass back, and once it was, I noticed how recessed the mids were, not because of the headphones, but because of my cold. I wish I knew the science behind head colds, but alas, it's just an annoyance for me as I get it REALLY intense and only lasts a few days for me and it REALLY messes with my hearing to the point I can barely hear other people talking to me. Q-tips did nothing, but now that my cold is receding, I feel that muffling in my ears receding with it. It's still there, just I don't have to 'pop' my ears every half hour or so, it happens more naturally.

 

Note: I realize 'popping' your ears isn't good for them, but I get really annoyed that I can't hear when I have a head cold so it's the only way to fix it for the time being.

 


 

About the E12. I thought it was just an amp, not an amp/DAC? Or am I just misinterpretting this? I'm also interested in the comparison.

 

To add to what I was saying before, if the E12 (or C&C BH for that matter) is 70-90% of what the Verza does at a fraction of the cost, then I can't see myself getting a Verza until I feel an E12 or C&C BH is insufficient. Someone in the Mad Dog thread feels similarly WRT amps costing more than the headphones and source combined. It's all about diminishing return in the end. I know eventually I'll want more and whatever amp I choose (other than my handy ZO) will obviously not be the best, but any upgrade for less than the sum of the parts is more gratifying to me than a huge cost that will eventually not be satisfying enough for me.

post #11339 of 21063
Into the blue again, into silent water.
Under the rocks and stones, there is water underground.
post #11340 of 21063
Quote:
Originally Posted by danny93 View Post


What do you like better about the MD's and have you done the paper towel mod to the M100?

 

 

As I said I love both the M-100s and the MDs, they're both great HPs. When directly comparing their sound only I feel the MD is a better HP. The bass on the M-100s is definitely fatter then the MDs. Its full and warm and works as a plus for the M-100 in my book. As discussed time and time again in this thread the mids are less present on the M-100s. They don't have the sparkle of the MDs mids and so by virtue the separation on the M-100s is poorer. Likewise the soundstage and imaging on the MD is notably better. My impressions is that even unamped the MDs have the  edge on the M-100s which surprised me given how power hungry orthodynamic HPs are.
 
Personally did'nt find that the paper towel mod improved the M-100s sound greatly. What it did improve was their comfort... my ears touched the driver otherwise. No problems with the MDs comfort, these are the most comfortable HDs I've ever owned.
 
The area that the M-100s reign in is portability. While MDs are my HP of choice when in a home/studio environment they're impractical outside of this. To my mind construction and sound wise the M-100s are the best portable offering at the moment. The case and the folding design are worthy of praise with none of the competing over-the-ear portable headphones coming close. Sound wise when compared to other portable over-the-ear offerings its a different playing field and i'm yet to come across a HP that can match them. 

Edited by simonpking - 1/7/13 at 9:38pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.