Any other thoughts on the AIAIAI TMA1 to M100 comparison??
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 5/16/13 at 6:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 5/2/13 at 6:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for a friend who plays acoustic guitar Last post on 11/16/12 at 4:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- So many to choose Last post on 12/5/12 at 6:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- V-MODA M-100 Last post on 3/27/13 at 10:44am in Headphones (full-size)
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)
Edited on 12/28/12
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Edited on 5/13/13
- Grado Modification OverviewEdited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
Fanmusic is a distributor and a brand of Chinese audio-equipment which also has an eBay store. I was contacted by Tony, their manager a while ago and he informed me that they were working...
Very nice amp for mid-fiers to entry high-fiers. The sound quality and specs are very good for the price. Works very well with Jazz and Classical music in particular (not that rock and...
My pair was a supposed demo model from one of Hifiman's retailers. They came in mint condition, which is lucky for me. I'm not using a balanced cable yet, but I already feel it's a good upgrade...
The JVC HA M750's were my first "real" pair of headphones. Previously, I had just used iPod headphones and cheap 10 dollar headphones from my local grocery store. As such, I was very impressed by...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 746
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #11177 of 1464012/31/12 at 8:09pmHaving tried the TMA1 at length and just spent a couple of hours listening to the M-100, from memory I would say they have a similar bass emphasis but the M-100 to my ears, extends the bass lower yet manages to control it at least as well. I find the mids on the M-100 perfectly acceptable and would not describe it as either recessed or laid back. The mids are not emphasised, the bass is, but not excessively. The highs on the M-100 are significantly better than the TMA1 without being at all harsh.
Having said all that, there are those on these forums with experience of far more headphones than I, who would not altogether agree!post #11178 of 1464012/31/12 at 8:10pmpost #11179 of 1464012/31/12 at 9:09pmQuote:Originally Posted by clairyvic
HEY DOES ANYone know if these have more or less bass, and better or worse mids then the aiaiai TMA1s??? I need something more neutral but still with good bass and better mids, even if they're not great mids. And by what margin is the bass more/less, or better/worse mids in terms of how recessed/laid back?
These have far superior sub-bass compared to TMA-1. Also, TMA-1 is veiled compared to the M-100. M-100 is superior across the range, TMA-1 is really not even in the same league. Happy New Year!!!post #11180 of 1464012/31/12 at 9:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by Pogbellies
Having tried the TMA1 at length and just spent a couple of hours listening to the M-100, from memory I would say they have a similar bass emphasis but the M-100 to my ears, extends the bass lower yet manages to control it at least as well. I find the mids on the M-100 perfectly acceptable and would not describe it as either recessed or laid back. The mids are not emphasised, the bass is, but not excessively. The highs on the M-100 are significantly better than the TMA1 without being at all harsh.
Having said all that, there are those on these forums with experience of far more headphones than I, who would not altogether agree!
To me the M-100's tread a fine line between being not emphasized compared to the bass and a tad laid back, but I really don't have any complaints about it.
Having tried out the TMA-1's at a local best buy, I can say that while there's much more bass emphasis, it's not nearly as clean as the bass on the M-100's, and it doesn't have the same quality to it.post #11181 of 1464012/31/12 at 9:55pmpost #11182 of 146401/1/13 at 7:23am
You have already been told...recessed and veiled compared to M100!
I really love the mids on the m100post #11183 of 146401/1/13 at 7:54amI do have a wee concern with the M-100 case, as the cable has to be removed to keep it in the case, will this lead to the input getting loose or worn out. How does everyone store their M-100s?post #11184 of 146401/1/13 at 9:13amQuote:
I'm probably the "oldest" M-100 owner here and I use it quite regularly (more so during winter - excellent earmuffs with quality SQ), I've not had the 3.5mm socket nor the plug wear out yet. I yank out the cord often too (i.e. I'm not gentle)...see my M-80 link and you know I'm not gentle to V-Moda products.
This past weekend though I did have my right earcup come out of the fork when I dropped my M-100. But it's just a simple clip back in - nothing broken. Of all, I may see that part losen more (the fork to the cup joint) - since the Cliqfold gets used the most more than socket.post #11185 of 146401/1/13 at 10:27amQuote:
I too thought this...I no longer remove the cable when putting it in the case, more than enough room to just throw it over the top of the headphones!post #11186 of 146401/1/13 at 5:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by jmsilva22
I was just reading some M100 reviews on Amazon and I found a response from Val to a customer who complained about the M100 ear pads not being deep enough.
"The ear cushion size included with M-100 will fit and give the best sonic performance for the majority of customers, as evidenced by Crossfade LP/LP2/M-100 the highest-rated modern headphone on Amazon.com out of 20,000+ choices. We have spent ~7 years of ergonomic R&D on the Crossfade Series, "the fit is the sound" and we have a utilitarianism philosophy of "greatest sound and comfort for the greatest amount of people".
However, since everybody is unique and has a different ear and head shape, we hear you and are in final R&D phases to make a XL ear cushion for LP/LP2/M-100 that is optimized to have a bigger diameter/depth.
When this cushion is finished, we will offer it to M-100/LP/LP2 owners with a special program that is not for profit. For those who love the sound and comfort as it is today (that has earned it so many editor's choice awards from CNET to Sound and Vision), the larger cushion will not sound as good as it may sound boomier and the mids won't be as "rich".
It is a very delicate balance of sound and fit for a universal headphone and our team has dedicated our lives to this cause.
Thanks for your support and HAPPY NEW EARS!"
This is good news - that my ears touch the drivers is the only problem i really have with the M-100. I wonder when the XL ear cushions will be avail?post #11187 of 146401/1/13 at 5:38pmpost #11188 of 146401/1/13 at 6:26pm
Guys where in the US or Canada can you find a dealer who sells them on their show case floors? I tried calling every single major department store around my area in the US and Canada and no one sells these : / Thanks guys.
Anoobpost #11189 of 146401/1/13 at 8:31pmQuote:
Well these are so new that it doesjt seem like there are any Brock and mortar stored with them in stock. In due time I'm sure Apple stores will have them, and I'm hoping Val read my comment on having them on display/audition at Bay Bloor Radio in Toronto, but as of now I dont think many, if any place would have them for audition quite yet.
Though I think a great idea would be to tour With a truck during a large scale concert tour in the summer, such as Vans Warped Tour, or similar, and have the kids check out these bodmon stylish headphones.
As a promoter I often think of viral/guerrilla marketing tactics
edit; oh god the typos. I'll fix it up when I'm at a computer
Edited by Apo0th3karY - 1/1/13 at 8:32pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)
- › REVIEW: Firestone Audio Tobby DAC 10 seconds ago
- › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. 16 seconds ago
- › Review: Philips Fidelio L1 [Updated 5/14] 1 minute ago
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 Review/Impressions/Appreciation 2 minutes ago
- › Grado SR225i great with Asus Xonar Essence STX ? 2 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 2 minutes ago
- › Is Sansa Clip + really that good?! 2 minutes ago
- › Multimeter question between stock and custom cables 2 minutes ago
- › Former Westone 4 Owner looking for new IEM in similar price range 3 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 3 minutes ago
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by Marleybob217
- › AKG K 550 by a_recording
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe