Any other thoughts on the AIAIAI TMA1 to M100 comparison??
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for a new pair of cans with bass Last post on 6/19/13 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphones with THE biggest bass Last post on 2/15/14 at 6:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- First headphone Last post on 12/18/12 at 6:15am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 7/3/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 7/6/14
I don’t get asked very often about the Private 333 amongst the Fitear customs I own. Nor do you hear people raving about it as you might in respect of the C435, the MH 334 and the MH335DW....
Before I begin with my review of the Beyerdynamic XP1, all of the below are solely what I’ve managed to get out of the IEM, I suggest to try it out or read some other people’s review to get a...
See The Whole Review With Pictures Here: http://db-headphones.blogspot.com ... Oh and ignore the sliders for the audio quality, value etc. I can't edit the slider scoring on mobile. Disclaimer: I...
Disclaimer First of all, huge thanks to Audrey and the Brainwavz team for giving me the opportunity to write this review. Please note that I was not paid to write this review, nor am I...
First, the normal boilerplate stuff - Audio setup - FLAC files in Media Monkey -> Amazon Basics TOSLINK cable -> Schiit Bifrost w/Uber upgrade -> Knukoncept Shielded RCAs -> Project Ember...
V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 746
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #11177 of 2116112/31/12 at 8:09pmHaving tried the TMA1 at length and just spent a couple of hours listening to the M-100, from memory I would say they have a similar bass emphasis but the M-100 to my ears, extends the bass lower yet manages to control it at least as well. I find the mids on the M-100 perfectly acceptable and would not describe it as either recessed or laid back. The mids are not emphasised, the bass is, but not excessively. The highs on the M-100 are significantly better than the TMA1 without being at all harsh.
Having said all that, there are those on these forums with experience of far more headphones than I, who would not altogether agree!post #11178 of 2116112/31/12 at 8:10pmpost #11179 of 2116112/31/12 at 9:09pmQuote:Originally Posted by clairyvic
HEY DOES ANYone know if these have more or less bass, and better or worse mids then the aiaiai TMA1s??? I need something more neutral but still with good bass and better mids, even if they're not great mids. And by what margin is the bass more/less, or better/worse mids in terms of how recessed/laid back?
These have far superior sub-bass compared to TMA-1. Also, TMA-1 is veiled compared to the M-100. M-100 is superior across the range, TMA-1 is really not even in the same league. Happy New Year!!!post #11180 of 2116112/31/12 at 9:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by Pogbellies
Having tried the TMA1 at length and just spent a couple of hours listening to the M-100, from memory I would say they have a similar bass emphasis but the M-100 to my ears, extends the bass lower yet manages to control it at least as well. I find the mids on the M-100 perfectly acceptable and would not describe it as either recessed or laid back. The mids are not emphasised, the bass is, but not excessively. The highs on the M-100 are significantly better than the TMA1 without being at all harsh.
Having said all that, there are those on these forums with experience of far more headphones than I, who would not altogether agree!
To me the M-100's tread a fine line between being not emphasized compared to the bass and a tad laid back, but I really don't have any complaints about it.
Having tried out the TMA-1's at a local best buy, I can say that while there's much more bass emphasis, it's not nearly as clean as the bass on the M-100's, and it doesn't have the same quality to it.post #11181 of 2116112/31/12 at 9:55pmpost #11182 of 211611/1/13 at 7:23am
You have already been told...recessed and veiled compared to M100!
I really love the mids on the m100post #11183 of 211611/1/13 at 7:54amI do have a wee concern with the M-100 case, as the cable has to be removed to keep it in the case, will this lead to the input getting loose or worn out. How does everyone store their M-100s?post #11184 of 211611/1/13 at 9:13amQuote:
I'm probably the "oldest" M-100 owner here and I use it quite regularly (more so during winter - excellent earmuffs with quality SQ), I've not had the 3.5mm socket nor the plug wear out yet. I yank out the cord often too (i.e. I'm not gentle)...see my M-80 link and you know I'm not gentle to V-Moda products.
This past weekend though I did have my right earcup come out of the fork when I dropped my M-100. But it's just a simple clip back in - nothing broken. Of all, I may see that part losen more (the fork to the cup joint) - since the Cliqfold gets used the most more than socket.post #11185 of 211611/1/13 at 10:27amQuote:
I too thought this...I no longer remove the cable when putting it in the case, more than enough room to just throw it over the top of the headphones!post #11186 of 211611/1/13 at 5:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by jmsilva22
I was just reading some M100 reviews on Amazon and I found a response from Val to a customer who complained about the M100 ear pads not being deep enough.
"The ear cushion size included with M-100 will fit and give the best sonic performance for the majority of customers, as evidenced by Crossfade LP/LP2/M-100 the highest-rated modern headphone on Amazon.com out of 20,000+ choices. We have spent ~7 years of ergonomic R&D on the Crossfade Series, "the fit is the sound" and we have a utilitarianism philosophy of "greatest sound and comfort for the greatest amount of people".
However, since everybody is unique and has a different ear and head shape, we hear you and are in final R&D phases to make a XL ear cushion for LP/LP2/M-100 that is optimized to have a bigger diameter/depth.
When this cushion is finished, we will offer it to M-100/LP/LP2 owners with a special program that is not for profit. For those who love the sound and comfort as it is today (that has earned it so many editor's choice awards from CNET to Sound and Vision), the larger cushion will not sound as good as it may sound boomier and the mids won't be as "rich".
It is a very delicate balance of sound and fit for a universal headphone and our team has dedicated our lives to this cause.
Thanks for your support and HAPPY NEW EARS!"
This is good news - that my ears touch the drivers is the only problem i really have with the M-100. I wonder when the XL ear cushions will be avail?post #11187 of 211611/1/13 at 5:38pmpost #11188 of 211611/1/13 at 6:26pm
Guys where in the US or Canada can you find a dealer who sells them on their show case floors? I tried calling every single major department store around my area in the US and Canada and no one sells these : / Thanks guys.
Anoobpost #11189 of 211611/1/13 at 8:31pmQuote:
Well these are so new that it doesjt seem like there are any Brock and mortar stored with them in stock. In due time I'm sure Apple stores will have them, and I'm hoping Val read my comment on having them on display/audition at Bay Bloor Radio in Toronto, but as of now I dont think many, if any place would have them for audition quite yet.
Though I think a great idea would be to tour With a truck during a large scale concert tour in the summer, such as Vans Warped Tour, or similar, and have the kids check out these bodmon stylish headphones.
As a promoter I often think of viral/guerrilla marketing tactics
edit; oh god the typos. I'll fix it up when I'm at a computer
Edited by Apo0th3karY - 1/1/13 at 8:32pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › Cayin N6 - New Audiophile DAP (Updated with new pics) 23 seconds ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 51 seconds ago
- › New Sennheiser Momentum In ear 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Planning to get the Asus Xonar Essence STX II 7.1 with Senn HD600... 3 minutes ago
- › Review: Violectric V800 DAC 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 7 minutes ago
- › CanJam at RMAF 2014 impressions 7 minutes ago
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by H20Fidelity
- › Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 by smitty1110
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)