Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 745

post #11161 of 20990
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evshrug View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdynsty25 View Post

Good post and I think it was actually Jude, the owner of Head-fi that pushed for it...tho he may not have come up with the idea originally.

From what I recall, Val said something like "I'm getting tired of black & red everywhere. But I've really been into Orange lately." That was a paraphrase, but he also asked about blue, and a bunch of us weighed in. Then he showed us a picture of the retail boxes, and it was pretty much game over wink.gif (despite a few photoshop efforts).

 

The Sun Orange shields! What a combo! I have it and it's very nice. But really, I don't think there's a colour combo that's wrong (Unless you got the shadows, red doesn't really 'match' with much very well)

I'm really digging the matte black too. It's so sexy, and NOT flashy. My shiny Sun Orange shields give it a nice flare. I'm thinking of getting some more colour combos with my Matte Black M-100s; purple audio only cable and a set of green custom shields, the combination of orange, green and purple just appeals to me so much. 

post #11162 of 20990
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apo0th3karY View Post

The Sun Orange shields! What a combo! I have it and it's very nice. But really, I don't think there's a colour combo that's wrong (Unless you got the shadows, red doesn't really 'match' with much very well)


I'm really digging the matte black too. It's so sexy, and NOT flashy. My shiny Sun Orange shields give it a nice flare. I'm thinking of getting some more colour combos with my Matte Black M-100s; purple audio only cable and a set of green custom shields, the combination of orange, green and purple just appeals to me so much. 

I've gotta find my LPs dammit! It saddens me that all I can find of it is one of the Velcro "pouches" with the iPhone cable in it frown.gif
Where have you seen that color combination together? Putting the colors together all at once in my mind "looks" like WOAH Nellie! to me. That's the beauty of it though, you can do whatever you want, and so can I smily_headphones1.gif
post #11163 of 20990

I've been following this thread daily while waiting for my replacement M100s to come in (my first set has a dead left side).  I've tried them out for comfort and tried out the paper towel mod with little success.  Having some 1/4" tubing lying around, I gave that a shot and from a comfort level. wow, what a difference. They went from flat, uncomfortable and touching my ears to wow, extremely comfy and almost cavernous.  Now, not sure what difference it will have on the SQ - but I will give it a shot when my replacements are in.

popcorn.gif

Here are some pics while I'm waiting for the new pair..

BTW - the left side has the tubing while the right side does not..

 

700

 

700

post #11164 of 20990
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCLA 15 View Post

Finally, infinite E-points to whoever came up with the Matte Black+Orange cable combination (I'm pretty sure it was someone on the forum who suggested that combo way back in this thread to Val).

 

+1  My favorite color combo as well!  I will say I would have preferred a more vivid version of orange, but I still like it either way.  Would like to see the shadow style headband on the matte-black as well.  Without the red detailing of course.  

post #11165 of 20990

Last night I dusted off some old CDs and converted to Apple Plus files.  I have spent the past two hours listening to Fleetwood Mac and Sade.  Vocals and instruments are smooth and detailed with excellent imaging.  The bass adds life without competing for "sonic real estate".  I have lots of stuff to do today to get ready for New Year's Eve and I am struggling to take the M-100s off my head.  Trying to multi-task.  Two months after buying them, they still surprise me as I dig deeper into my collection.  I can't wait to get my Vamp back after the firmware upgrade.


Edited by Craigster75 - 12/31/12 at 9:54am
post #11166 of 20990

The cracking of the headband and the pad discomfort users have been reporting... has this been fixed in new revision/production runs?

 

Also can I order a boom mic? I don't see it on the V-moda website. Well...I really want one bad!


Edited by SIDWULF - 12/31/12 at 11:10am
post #11167 of 20990
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIDWULF View Post

The cracking of the headband and the pad discomfort users have been reporting... has this been fixed in new revision/production runs?

 

Also can I order a boom mic? I don't see it on the V-moda website. Well...I really want one bad!

No idea on the first thing, although really the first one will just depend on your ear size. The boom mic and coil cable have supposedly been retooled, so you can expect those up again soon on the website. I think XL size earpads are in development too iirc

post #11168 of 20990
These are not for me. I wanted to like them,but they sound just ok with jazz due to the nature of the sound stage and all. It was a great experience, but these are going back indefinitely.
post #11169 of 20990
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyVee View Post

I've been following this thread daily while waiting for my replacement M100s to come in (my first set has a dead left side).  I've tried them out for comfort and tried out the paper towel mod with little success.  Having some 1/4" tubing lying around, I gave that a shot and from a comfort level. wow, what a difference. They went from flat, uncomfortable and touching my ears to wow, extremely comfy and almost cavernous.  Now, not sure what difference it will have on the SQ - but I will give it a shot when my replacements are in.

popcorn.gif

Here are some pics while I'm waiting for the new pair..

BTW - the left side has the tubing while the right side does not..

 

700

 

700

Interesting. The stiff tubing should definitely offer some thickness over the paper towels. I've read other headphones' earpad mods and rope seems to be another "thick" solution.

post #11170 of 20990
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post

Last night I dusted off some old CDs and converted to Apple Plus files.  I have spent the past two hours listening to Fleetwood Mac and Sade.  Vocals and instruments are smooth and detailed with excellent imaging.  The bass adds life without competing for "sonic real estate".  I have lots of stuff to do today to get ready for New Year's Eve and I am struggling to take the M-100s off my head.  Trying to multi-task.  Two months after buying them, they still surprise me as I dig deeper into my collection.  I can't wait to get my Vamp back after the firmware upgrade.

 

That's the best way to describe to people the difference between these, and everyone else's basshead phones.

 

I am really in love with my M-100s too. I'm excited for the new XL pads whenever they're available. I'm wondering if it'll sound like how the modded pads sound now. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evshrug View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apo0th3karY View Post

The Sun Orange shields! What a combo! I have it and it's very nice. But really, I don't think there's a colour combo that's wrong (Unless you got the shadows, red doesn't really 'match' with much very well)


I'm really digging the matte black too. It's so sexy, and NOT flashy. My shiny Sun Orange shields give it a nice flare. I'm thinking of getting some more colour combos with my Matte Black M-100s; purple audio only cable and a set of green custom shields, the combination of orange, green and purple just appeals to me so much. 

I've gotta find my LPs dammit! It saddens me that all I can find of it is one of the Velcro "pouches" with the iPhone cable in it frown.gif
Where have you seen that color combination together? Putting the colors together all at once in my mind "looks" like WOAH Nellie! to me. That's the beauty of it though, you can do whatever you want, and so can I smily_headphones1.gif

 

I just envisioned it in my head after someone mentioning the purple audio only cable, and seeing someone else's green shields on matte black.... Pure sex. And custom shields for that personal touch are always a nice plus.

post #11171 of 20990

Well I´ve been using the M100 for 3 weeks now. First it was incredibly uncomfortable, only 15 minutes before my ears turn red and hurt. However, the memory foam has loose a lot, and now I can wear them for 3 hours in a row without discomfort and without changing the sound quality (paper towel). 

post #11172 of 20990
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towwers View Post

Well I´ve been using the M100 for 3 weeks now. First it was incredibly uncomfortable, only 15 minutes before my ears turn red and hurt. However, the memory foam has loose a lot, and now I can wear them for 3 hours in a row without discomfort and without changing the sound quality (paper towel). 

 

Definitely woldn't say it changes the sound QUALITY. There's all the quality of the M-100s before, just... a little bit better in some areas imo.

Again, perhaps because my ears aren't suited for the size of pads, maybe the signature I'm hearing from my modded M-100s is more what it's supposed to sound like with the XL pads, but I don't know.

post #11173 of 20990

HEY DOES ANYone know if these have more or less bass, and better or worse mids then the aiaiai TMA1s??? I need something more neutral but still with good bass and better mids, even if they're not great mids. And by what margin is the bass more/less, or better/worse mids in terms of how recessed/laid back?


Edited by clairyvic - 12/31/12 at 4:53pm
post #11174 of 20990
Quote:
Originally Posted by clairyvic View Post

HEY DOES ANYone know if these have more or less bass, and better or worse mids then the aiaiai TMA1s??? I need something more neutral but still with good bass and better mids, even if they're not great mids. And by what margin is the bass more/less, or better/worse mids in terms of how recessed/laid back?

The mids on the TMA-1's iirc are incredibly recessed. Much more of a bass emphasis. Very dark. The M-100's also have a bass emphasis but the mids are placed just very slightly back to my ears, although YMMV

post #11175 of 20990

Ok guys, I ordered the m100 and i'm still waiting for them. I ordered it on the 25, and I live on the westcoast of Canada so how much longer do you think its gonna be?
 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.