Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 74

post #1096 of 21038

hopefully, we will all feel like either the beer toasts, the pose below, or both when we get the final versions!

 

M-100 Gold

 

Winter Music Conference/Miami Music Week/Ultra 2012 with prototype M-100 in Gold


Edited by valkolton - 4/14/12 at 8:08pm
Reply
post #1097 of 21038

I can't wait for these to hit stores! Love the look of the LPs & M80s, hopefully these headphones will be very comfortable enough for 2+ hours on the head? Do ears touch the drivers when wearing them?

post #1098 of 21038
Quote:
Originally Posted by valkolton View Post

hopefully, we will all feel like either the beer toasts, the pose below, or both when we get the final versions!

 

M-100 Gold

 

Winter Music Conference/Miami Music Week/Ultra 2012 with prototype M-100 in Gold



Can you please explain the recycling of plastic headphones giveaway? I don't entirely understand it. I mean I did it with some headphones I broke a long time ago, but I don't know if you were entirely serious.

post #1099 of 21038

So sorry to hear that Doc - I'm sure you'll find something soon after. Hope you feel better too. Gotta say, you having money put away for the M-100 truly shows your devotion. Love it.

 

Can't wait for the M-100 although I'm learning to be patient, meanwhile I'm enjoying my M-80 all over NYC.

 

Cheers! beerchug.gif

 

post #1100 of 21038
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Santa View Post



1 drop? N00000b. Whenever someone tries to show off their Beats I twist the headband about and toss 'em a few times.



in the 3rd week i also slept on them :P 

post #1101 of 21038
Quote:
Originally Posted by daphen View Post

I'm still worried that the smallest setting will be too big for me, I think the M-80's are a tad big when on the smallest setting. :X



For real 0o? When I put it on the largest setting its still too small..... I don't even get anywhere near the largest setting on my M50 and HD25, more like half way

post #1102 of 21038

My those m-100's look amazing. My m-80s are by far my favorite headphones from a design point of view. 

Without having to read the entire topic (internet is loading pages really slow), could someone possibly tell me if the most recent price quote and what range are these headphones competing for? Also, any word on better isolation? 


If these are under $400 and match the quality of m-80s for their price, it will definitely be a day one purchase for me. I am completely addicted to the style, build quality, killer case and sick cable. Would pay far more for v-moda than any similarly priced headphone.

post #1103 of 21038

So these are over-ear rather than on-ear (like the m80) and have higher impedance? 

 

Will the m80 be a better choice without an amp (laptop source) ?

post #1104 of 21038
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNZGamer View Post

My those m-100's look amazing. My m-80s are by far my favorite headphones from a design point of view. 

Without having to read the entire topic (internet is loading pages really slow), could someone possibly tell me if the most recent price quote and what range are these headphones competing for? Also, any word on better isolation? 


If these are under $400 and match the quality of m-80s for their price, it will definitely be a day one purchase for me. I am completely addicted to the style, build quality, killer case and sick cable. Would pay far more for v-moda than any similarly priced headphone.


I believe the M-100 will be priced at $299. Not sure about better isolation although I'm hoping for an improvement also. I'd imagine it'll improve since it's circumaural. I'm quite excited also.

 

post #1105 of 21038

Hey, roma. I'm moving to NYC this summer. Maybe we'll run into each other on the streets with our brand new M-100s come July.

post #1106 of 21038

We have almost 3 months before this purported release date. Let's go hang out in the Philips Fidelio thread in the meantime!

post #1107 of 21038

I will also have a toast with all of you, I'm a long time lurker on these forums but these last 74 pages of this thread made me sign up finally and post for the first time. Well done Mr. Valkolton on your new line of headphones, I will definitely be acquiring the m80s probably around my birthday (May), and hopefully also getting the m-100s by summer's end

 

Cheers

post #1108 of 21038
Quote:
Originally Posted by valkolton View Post

hopefully, we will all feel like either the beer toasts, the pose below, or both when we get the final versions!

 

M-100 Gold

 

Winter Music Conference/Miami Music Week/Ultra 2012 with prototype M-100 in Gold


I wonder, are the M100s or M80s for that matter really ideal for DJ'ing? I'm not a DJ but, seeing as how you are making these to have more of an audiophile sound signature, I don't think that would be ideal.

 

post #1109 of 21038

Anyone know if its possible to make the three in-line media buttons work with an amp between my iPod and headphones? I really love the functionality of those buttons.

post #1110 of 21038
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNZGamer View Post

Anyone know if its possible to make the three in-line media buttons work with an amp between my iPod and headphones? I really love the functionality of those buttons.



You can mod an amp to work with it if that's what you're asking, you'd have to add another connection for the mic that passes through the amp and output into the the amp's headphone jack. It is just an extra wire after all. 


Edited by tinyman392 - 4/15/12 at 6:45pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.