Just curious. Since the Beats headphones are pretty much frowned upon by people who know about good quality sound, are the computers with Beats audio in them also bad?
Related Forum Threads
- The new iMac... Last post on 12/30/12 at 8:24pm in Computer Audio
- Best USB Dac <$100 for a desktop computer using Behringer MS16s? Last post on 11/2/12 at 11:36pm in Computer Audio
- USB to Coaxial Last post on 9/26/12 at 4:59pm in Computer Audio
- Good PC DAC? Last post on 8/28/12 at 7:40am in Computer Audio
- What effect would an amplifier have on my sound? Last post on 8/27/12 at 3:32pm in Computer Audio
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Foobar2000 A Guide To Set UpLast edited: 3/31/11
Disclaimer I would like to give a special thanks to Pandora for having these sent out to me. I am not affiliated with Brainwavz in any way and this product was given in exchange for my honest...
The introductionSony has recently just started to get back at the game to create portable players, and so they too wants something to stand for their Summit of inventions, technologies. ...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: iFi AudioModel: micro iDAC2Price: $349 at amazon.com Volume Control: Precision analogue volume control knob.Power Connector: USB A, USB BBattery Life: N/AInputs: 1x USB...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: HRT Model: microStreamer Price: $169 at amazon.com Volume Control: Digitally-activated analog attenuator, no volume control on unit itself.Power Connector: USB, mini...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: iFi AudioModel: micro iDSDPrice: $499 at musicdirect.com Volume Control: Precision analogue volume control knob (On/Off)Power Connector: USB 3.0 Male, USB 3.0...
If Beats headphones aren't that great, then, are Beats computers the same?post #1 of 61/24/12 at 9:53pmThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 61/24/12 at 11:07pm
I'll have to dig up the YouTube video again, but the short story is that it's software trickery.
Basically, when you enable the Beats Audio checkbox in its control panel, it jacks up the bass and treble in an EQ hidden in the sound device's playback properties. Disable it through that same control panel, and it severely EQs the bass down while leaving the treble jacked up.post #3 of 61/25/12 at 3:19am
I can't say because I haven't heard then, but, at least I think that they aren't worth the price. I have a laptop with sound designed by JBL, and still can't beat any of my IEMs or Headphones, I think that's because it's still a laptop sound, so, you can't do much in such cramped space.
Still, you can read the review:post #4 of 61/25/12 at 3:55am
I have an HP Envy 14 and simply disabled Beats Audio that only boosted bass.
With a computer there is always an easy solution - external DAC - it will bypass whatever audio chip manufacturer put into the PC.post #5 of 62/14/12 at 9:26pm
Beats Audio is just an improved version of the IDT's soundcards. They're just some half-assed Realtek competitor, but, at least their "Beats" model is a tad better than Realtek, but surely not really worth the 70~150 bucks more they try to charge you for having one of these on a laptop.
At least they CAN power up my 40 OHMs headphones without having to use any amplifier, unlike the Realtek **** I have.
Then again, a 70 bucks Fiio DAC just about makes them look like toys.post #6 of 65/23/12 at 12:25am
I just bought an HP touchsmart 420 which has beats audio, well, short story, good computer horrible audio, I just understood why people buy DACs, compared to my toshiba laptop the sound is very poor, very low frequencies are barely heard, i tried listening "limit to your love" by james blake which is the bassiest song i know and i almost couldnt hear the bass, with my laptop its just a lot of bass and make my ears tickle with my Beyers DT 770 pro 80s.
So i guess Ill have to buy an external DAC
unless someone tells me that i can fix it installing another sound driver or something like that.
- If Beats headphones aren't that great, then, are Beats computers the same?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 2 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 2 minutes ago
- › Philadelphia Area Meet, January 29, 2017 - NO Football that weekend! 4 minutes ago
- › Shozy Alien+ 4 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 5 minutes ago
- › Does USB power source make a difference? 6 minutes ago
- › Fiio A5, E12 or E12 DIY? 6 minutes ago
- › Got the Blues? 8 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-A30 SERIES 8 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony TA-ZH1ES Hi-Res Headphone Amplifier (Live From... 8 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz B150 by dnun8086
- › SONY digital audio player Walkman NW-WM1Z N (Gold) by Whitigir
- › iFi Micro iDAC2 USB DAC/HP Amp by Sil3nce
- › HRT - MicroStreamer - High Performance External USB Soundcard and... by Sil3nce
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Sil3nce
- › Chord MoJo by Sil3nce
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by Sil3nce
- › Focal Elear by ngoshawk
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by GhostPhantom
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by ngoshawk
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear