Just curious. Since the Beats headphones are pretty much frowned upon by people who know about good quality sound, are the computers with Beats audio in them also bad?
Related Forum Threads
- The new iMac... Last post on 12/30/12 at 8:24pm in Computer Audio
- Best USB Dac <$100 for a desktop computer using Behringer MS16s? Last post on 11/2/12 at 11:36pm in Computer Audio
- USB to Coaxial Last post on 9/26/12 at 4:59pm in Computer Audio
- Good PC DAC? Last post on 8/28/12 at 7:40am in Computer Audio
- What effect would an amplifier have on my sound? Last post on 8/27/12 at 3:32pm in Computer Audio
Introduction - The HD 518's are the starter model in the Sennheiser's audiophile range. They are really VFM and a good starter audiophile headphone for people who are looking into going the...
I got these on a pawn shop deal, and wanted some cheap headphones that could deliver for what I was looking for. An all-arounder that provided clarity, good bass, nice treble, and handled all...
Introduction: I still don't know why I keep buying headphones, really! I thought I was done but no, headphones like this one have to pop up on my radar and I'm weak enough that I have to buy...
Comparing these to my Philips L1 and my Beyer T1 they have a lot more mid-bass through midrange and are slightly tilted toward the high. They sound great but quite a bit different sound signature...
DISCLAIMER This review is based on the demo set at Jaben Singapore, which I have demoed extensively no less than 3 times. Though fit is pretty good, but as perfect fit is not achieved, I shall...
If Beats headphones aren't that great, then, are Beats computers the same?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I'll have to dig up the YouTube video again, but the short story is that it's software trickery.
Basically, when you enable the Beats Audio checkbox in its control panel, it jacks up the bass and treble in an EQ hidden in the sound device's playback properties. Disable it through that same control panel, and it severely EQs the bass down while leaving the treble jacked up.
I can't say because I haven't heard then, but, at least I think that they aren't worth the price. I have a laptop with sound designed by JBL, and still can't beat any of my IEMs or Headphones, I think that's because it's still a laptop sound, so, you can't do much in such cramped space.
Still, you can read the review:
I have an HP Envy 14 and simply disabled Beats Audio that only boosted bass.
With a computer there is always an easy solution - external DAC - it will bypass whatever audio chip manufacturer put into the PC.
Beats Audio is just an improved version of the IDT's soundcards. They're just some half-assed Realtek competitor, but, at least their "Beats" model is a tad better than Realtek, but surely not really worth the 70~150 bucks more they try to charge you for having one of these on a laptop.
At least they CAN power up my 40 OHMs headphones without having to use any amplifier, unlike the Realtek **** I have.
Then again, a 70 bucks Fiio DAC just about makes them look like toys.
I just bought an HP touchsmart 420 which has beats audio, well, short story, good computer horrible audio, I just understood why people buy DACs, compared to my toshiba laptop the sound is very poor, very low frequencies are barely heard, i tried listening "limit to your love" by james blake which is the bassiest song i know and i almost couldnt hear the bass, with my laptop its just a lot of bass and make my ears tickle with my Beyers DT 770 pro 80s.
So i guess Ill have to buy an external DAC
unless someone tells me that i can fix it installing another sound driver or something like that.
- If Beats headphones aren't that great, then, are Beats computers the same?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Sennheiser's Own Balanced Cables for HD 600/650, HD 700, and HD 800... 47 seconds ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-CK10 2 minutes ago
- › Alessandro MS Pro - like new 2 minutes ago
- › Question: LCD 2.2<<HE 500<< LCD 3? 3 minutes ago
- › EHHA Rev A - Interest Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 4 minutes ago
- › Bravo Audio - funny looking little tube amps 4 minutes ago
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 5 minutes ago
- › Sell Cvv All Country >>> Fresh And Cheap 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by groovyd
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by kingpage
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi