Just curious. Since the Beats headphones are pretty much frowned upon by people who know about good quality sound, are the computers with Beats audio in them also bad?
Related Forum Threads
- The new iMac... Last post on 12/30/12 at 8:24pm in Computer Audio
- Best USB Dac <$100 for a desktop computer using Behringer MS16s? Last post on 11/2/12 at 11:36pm in Computer Audio
- USB to Coaxial Last post on 9/26/12 at 4:59pm in Computer Audio
- Good PC DAC? Last post on 8/28/12 at 7:40am in Computer Audio
- What effect would an amplifier have on my sound? Last post on 8/27/12 at 3:32pm in Computer Audio
These are my first ever Grado's and I LOVE them, too bad I have to send them out to the next guy. I was always fascinated by Grado's ever since I saw Auggie's RS2's on Covert Affairs. I just...
The ud110 was recommended in a few different serious threads in the audio community, and I was intrigued to say the least, myself looking for more affordable options with out sacrificing too...
I feel obligated to share out-of-the-gate that I am no CIEM expert! As a matter of fact, I don't even particularly enjoy IEMs - I love over-ear or on-ear headphones. That said: Experiencing JH...
Like many others on this site, these phones are my stepping stone into the realm of "hi-fi"-headphones. These are indeed a good pair of phones for beginners and old-timers alike, because of their...
Audiofly has made the most comfortable IEMs that I've placed in my ears. They are probably the easiest to insert as well. I was ready to plunk down the cash and go the custom route, but these have...
If Beats headphones aren't that great, then, are Beats computers the same?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I'll have to dig up the YouTube video again, but the short story is that it's software trickery.
Basically, when you enable the Beats Audio checkbox in its control panel, it jacks up the bass and treble in an EQ hidden in the sound device's playback properties. Disable it through that same control panel, and it severely EQs the bass down while leaving the treble jacked up.
I can't say because I haven't heard then, but, at least I think that they aren't worth the price. I have a laptop with sound designed by JBL, and still can't beat any of my IEMs or Headphones, I think that's because it's still a laptop sound, so, you can't do much in such cramped space.
Still, you can read the review:
I have an HP Envy 14 and simply disabled Beats Audio that only boosted bass.
With a computer there is always an easy solution - external DAC - it will bypass whatever audio chip manufacturer put into the PC.
Beats Audio is just an improved version of the IDT's soundcards. They're just some half-assed Realtek competitor, but, at least their "Beats" model is a tad better than Realtek, but surely not really worth the 70~150 bucks more they try to charge you for having one of these on a laptop.
At least they CAN power up my 40 OHMs headphones without having to use any amplifier, unlike the Realtek **** I have.
Then again, a 70 bucks Fiio DAC just about makes them look like toys.
I just bought an HP touchsmart 420 which has beats audio, well, short story, good computer horrible audio, I just understood why people buy DACs, compared to my toshiba laptop the sound is very poor, very low frequencies are barely heard, i tried listening "limit to your love" by james blake which is the bassiest song i know and i almost couldnt hear the bass, with my laptop its just a lot of bass and make my ears tickle with my Beyers DT 770 pro 80s.
So i guess Ill have to buy an external DAC
unless someone tells me that i can fix it installing another sound driver or something like that.
- If Beats headphones aren't that great, then, are Beats computers the same?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › World Cup 2014 51 seconds ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Design. User Card - uploaded! (page 88) 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Singolos! pg1644..Doppios! ... 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Blu-ray Pure Audio vs. CD (Loudness war) 2 minutes ago
- › jh audio roxanne vs fitear 335dw 3 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 3 minutes ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 3 minutes ago
- › [NEW] T-PEOS Altone200 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction (High End... 3 minutes ago
- › Mezzo Hifi - New AK120/AK100 Mods (WM8741 in software mode) 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Prestige Series SR60e Headphones by Nada190
- › Stoner Acoustics UD110 V2 by WhiskeyJacks
- › Jerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Custom IEM by mikemercer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphones by Im2spec1al
- › AudioFly AF180 In-Ear Monitors by hardbop
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DVass13
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)