Just curious. Since the Beats headphones are pretty much frowned upon by people who know about good quality sound, are the computers with Beats audio in them also bad?
Related Forum Threads
- The new iMac... Last post on 12/30/12 at 8:24pm in Computer Audio
- Best USB Dac <$100 for a desktop computer using Behringer MS16s? Last post on 11/2/12 at 11:36pm in Computer Audio
- USB to Coaxial Last post on 9/26/12 at 4:59pm in Computer Audio
- Good PC DAC? Last post on 8/28/12 at 7:40am in Computer Audio
- What effect would an amplifier have on my sound? Last post on 8/27/12 at 3:32pm in Computer Audio
IE80 - High End Earphones I think there's a point to where you draw the line for a Price Point, this goes over that boundary and breaks the rules of it's price, which is unfortunate. I feel...
If you want a natural sound with realistic vocals and soundstage, tight bass, sparkling highs without being fatigued, and a headphone who can reveal the true quality of the recorded music, and...
you know the original price of this one, a rock solid $100. can you feel it ? yees, there's a bad review is coming... let's take a look at what brainwavz says for it's own product, one thing comes...
FOREWARD: as a relatively new user to head-fi, i dont expect many of you to take my review seriously. however, although i'm new to POSTING on this site, i've been an audiophile and a lurker of this...
Color! Because I feel in the mood for it. No, not really, this is just for the comparison. So, Red, & Green? Red - Not For Me. Green - Solid, & something I personally like. Comparison is...
If Beats headphones aren't that great, then, are Beats computers the same?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I'll have to dig up the YouTube video again, but the short story is that it's software trickery.
Basically, when you enable the Beats Audio checkbox in its control panel, it jacks up the bass and treble in an EQ hidden in the sound device's playback properties. Disable it through that same control panel, and it severely EQs the bass down while leaving the treble jacked up.
I can't say because I haven't heard then, but, at least I think that they aren't worth the price. I have a laptop with sound designed by JBL, and still can't beat any of my IEMs or Headphones, I think that's because it's still a laptop sound, so, you can't do much in such cramped space.
Still, you can read the review:
I have an HP Envy 14 and simply disabled Beats Audio that only boosted bass.
With a computer there is always an easy solution - external DAC - it will bypass whatever audio chip manufacturer put into the PC.
Beats Audio is just an improved version of the IDT's soundcards. They're just some half-assed Realtek competitor, but, at least their "Beats" model is a tad better than Realtek, but surely not really worth the 70~150 bucks more they try to charge you for having one of these on a laptop.
At least they CAN power up my 40 OHMs headphones without having to use any amplifier, unlike the Realtek **** I have.
Then again, a 70 bucks Fiio DAC just about makes them look like toys.
I just bought an HP touchsmart 420 which has beats audio, well, short story, good computer horrible audio, I just understood why people buy DACs, compared to my toshiba laptop the sound is very poor, very low frequencies are barely heard, i tried listening "limit to your love" by james blake which is the bassiest song i know and i almost couldnt hear the bass, with my laptop its just a lot of bass and make my ears tickle with my Beyers DT 770 pro 80s.
So i guess Ill have to buy an external DAC
unless someone tells me that i can fix it installing another sound driver or something like that.
- If Beats headphones aren't that great, then, are Beats computers the same?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 50 seconds ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 51 seconds ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 55 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Samsung Galaxy S5 audio review 1 minute ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 2 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New... 2 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 2 minutes ago
- › I just failed the Tidal streaming equipment test!!! 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X32 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80 by ahnvx
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by ExCelciuS
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by vaziyetu
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by xsk3l3t0rx
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by ahnvx
- › Geek Out 450 USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by motion2082
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by kite7
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheJniac
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2