First time poster. I am looking to upgrade the Apple buds that came with my Nano and need something for running that has the 3-button remote. I am not an audiophile but I do appreciate decent sounding tunes (last pair were Shure 530s but they were not for running). I bought a pair of B&W C5s and could not get them to stay in my ears (very disappointing as they did sound decent) so I took them back. I have read every running headphones post I can find but my questions remain unanswered so I’m hoping you guys can lend some advice. Also, I prefer to buy them in store because I am not shy about returning stuff and would rather not have to re-mail things. I listen to metal, rock, etc and appreciate solid bass. I’d rather not spend more than $200 …
My current list of headphones in the general ballpark is:
- Senn CX680i: seems to have the full package in terms of water/sweat resistance, staying in ear, and passable sound. Also, they are cheap and I can find them in store today.
- Yurbuds Ironman Inspire: I suspect they would stay in, but they seem grossly overpriced at $60 for the sound quality I’m guessing they’d put out.
- Dre Powerbeats: Can’t do it—from the company that sells $5 HDMI cables for $75.
- Klipsch s5i: likely decent sound, weatherproof, but I wonder how well they will stay in ear and I can’t find them in store anywhere.
- Marshall Minor FX: Not sweatproof and can’t find them anywhere.
- Bose mie2i: not really a fan and I hear these short out when presented with sweat.
Any feedback/comments would be appreciated. I hear you guys aren’t very helpful ;) but I’ll take a shot anyway. Thx.