Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2. - Page 654

post #9796 of 12869
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post

In the main player screen, press the "options" button (The one to the bottom left) and select SRC. Then from "Native play", go to one of the resampling options like 24/96, then back to native play smile.gif
You can use all the outputs at the same time with no issues - We actually tried it at a local meet. Always fun to see a DAP feeding two DAC's, an amp and two sets of cans at the same time biggrin.gif

Lol how was the sound quality when powering 5 things?
post #9797 of 12869
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

 

The DX100 was actually a test to see if the current setup could improve on the DAC side and yes it can. For some reason I'm a sucker for the ES9018 DAC (yes yes, the circuitry around it counts) but most of the Accuphase transports/SACD players are extremely pricey. I did consider changing amps too (or in this case adding an amp and have the E-407 a preamp) and looked at the McIntosh MC275LE. I'm not certain though with its 75W/ch had sufficient grunt for the N804.

 

In the end, after testing a few other speakers I think the bottom line is that the N804 or B&W's 800 series (i.e. the Diamonds) aren't just my taste (or my taste has changed after 12 years). The Franco Serblin Accordos and Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution look mighty nice though!

 

Woops...drifting from the topic. Apologies all. Happy to take this to PM with ya, spkrs01.

 

Email Sent

post #9798 of 12869
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpchia View Post


Sorry, the reason would be so we can both listen to the DX100 at the same time. Would a splitter (ie 3.5mm to 2x3.5mm) be any safer for the IEMs?


I'm not so sure. I figure it would be ok though as long as they are the same IEM.

post #9799 of 12869
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpchia View Post

Conflicting views, any more comments? Particularly re damage to IEMs and sound degradation from connecting 2 pairs of IEMs at same time

Both the 1/4" and 1/8" headphone outputs of the DX100 are wired in parallel. There are no additional resistors or any other devices to "protect" phones plugged into the 1/8" output. Adding 2 sets of headphones will result in the DX100 seeing an impedance that is different from that of either headphone. This new impedance will always be lower than that of the lowest headphone. This may or may not result in audible differences. Here is a simple calculator that will determine the resistance of multiple parallel headphones. (note that in actual use, the impedance can vary from that specified for your phones and is not a simple resistance measurement)
post #9800 of 12869

The phones can also affect each other a bit with debatable back EMF and added reactance besides just impedance. Best to drive one at a time.

post #9801 of 12869
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post

Yep, the chipmunk effect happens when you're going from high res (24/96) to low res (16/44.1). Try changing the resampling from native play to upsampling, then back again. That solves it, and is a lot faster than rebooting.

I've had the opposite happen. Going from a lo-res to a hi-res track causes it to play at half speed. So far it has only happened once and just changing the track again fixed it. Although a bit disconcerting at first, it's not that big of a problem. And considering the leading-edge nature of the DX100, I'm willing to let it slide.

post #9802 of 12869
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post
The DX100 was actually a test to see if the current setup could improve on the DAC side and yes it can. For some reason I'm a sucker for the ES9018 DAC (yes yes, the circuitry around it counts) but most of the Accuphase transports/SACD players are extremely pricey. I did consider changing amps too (or in this case adding an amp and have the E-407 a preamp) and looked at the McIntosh MC275LE. I'm not certain though with its 75W/ch had sufficient grunt for the N804.

 

In the end, after testing a few other speakers I think the bottom line is that the N804 or B&W's 800 series (i.e. the Diamonds) aren't just my taste (or my taste has changed after 12 years). The Franco Serblin Accordos and Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution look mighty nice though!

 

Woops...drifting from the topic. Apologies all. Happy to take this to PM with ya, spkrs01.

I still like well done horn speakers. I have some highly modified Klipsch speakers in storage that are heaven for me. Sadly, they have not seen the light of a listening room for a long time.

post #9803 of 12869
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelamvr6 View Post

.....

 

This seems very basic to me, I'm surprised that iBasso did things the way they did.  Or was it Rockchip?

It really does not matter. :)

 

As long as the fixes come.

 

THis is the same exact issue from before where the "Greatest hits" albums where gettings clustereed together...

post #9804 of 12869

How does SRC work?  i know you can upsample to your bit of choice. But if i set it to 24Bit 192 will it bring out better sound quality ?

post #9805 of 12869
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic View Post

How does SRC work?  i know you can upsample to your bit of choice. But if i set it to 24Bit 192 will it bring out better sound quality ?

No

 

all it does is upsample anything that is not that rate. The ESS still resets on read and still has the lead in fade.

post #9806 of 12869

This is a question for the computer guys out there:  why is it that the 1.2.7 upgrade has improved the sound quality so drastically?  I had always assumed that sound improvements were a matter of hardware, not software.. does this mean that the next software upgrade could improve the SQ even further?

post #9807 of 12869
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSC View Post

This is a question for the computer guys out there:  why is it that the 1.2.7 upgrade has improved the sound quality so drastically?  I had always assumed that sound improvements were a matter of hardware, not software.. does this mean that the next software upgrade could improve the SQ even further?

 

 

they muck with the default EQ setting. Nothing wrong with that. That is why when you turn the EQ on there is about a 3db drop across the board.

 

1.2.3 chaned CLK freq of the dsp.they fixed in 1.2.7


Edited by figgie - 1/3/13 at 9:50am
post #9808 of 12869
My question is , if I use one of the digital outputs // coax or optical
Is the software / eq affected by the software or do I just get the music before DAC
And u layered ??
post #9809 of 12869
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRAINBOW View Post

My question is , if I use one of the digital outputs // coax or optical
Is the software / eq affected by the software or do I just get the music before DAC
And u layered ??


With the DX100 the changes are made in the digital domain (actually that is a big benefit) so you can even EQ the signal. I've done it before even with Coaxil and toslink.

post #9810 of 12869
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSC View Post

This is a question for the computer guys out there:  why is it that the 1.2.7 upgrade has improved the sound quality so drastically?  I had always assumed that sound improvements were a matter of hardware, not software.. does this mean that the next software upgrade could improve the SQ even further?

In the 1.2.3 firmware they were actually handling the voltage to the Sabre DAC slightly different, so the SQ suffered. Try downloading and applying that update (totally reversible), then listen for the bass to come all lose and sloppy smile.gif

 

Oh and when I say "all lose and sloppy", it's still better than most DAP's out there, but not very good by DX100 standards.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.