Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2. - Page 644

post #9646 of 12660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudu View Post

The human race is actually getting dumber. I heard it on Wait Wait Don't Tell Me ... so it has to be true.

einstein_quote-1-1-1.jpg

post #9647 of 12660
A generation of idiots ... oh we are well and truly there already.


Human Beings Are Getting Dumber, Says Study
Quote:
"In a two-part paper published in the journal Trends in Genetics, Stanford University researcher Gerald Crabtree suggests that evolution is, in fact, making us dumber — and that human intelligence may have actually peaked before our hunter-gatherer predecessors left Africa.

The reason? Life on the veldt was tough, and prehistoric humans’ genes were constantly subjected to selective pressure in an environment where the species’ survival depended on it. For humans, that meant getting smarter. ”The development of our intellectual abilities and the optimization of thousands of intelligence genes probably occurred in relatively non-verbal, dispersed groups of peoples before our ancestors emerged from Africa,” "In modern times, life had become so easy and safe that people can afford to believe outlandish things like cable metallurgy noticeably affecting the sound of headphones, without consequence."


biggrin.gif
post #9648 of 12660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post

Seriously, watch this: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0387808/?ref_=sr_3

I believe Idiocracy is the only comedy to become a documentary after its launch.

 

lolol yes I've seen it. But my point is there was always stupid people, there always will be, but the average intelligence can still raise despite the existence of numbnuts. Our attention span will shrink as we're over stimulated by everything but on the other hand our brains has plenty of exercise. The brain is like a muscle, use it or lose it.

post #9649 of 12660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudu View Post

A generation of idiots ... oh we are well and truly there already.
Human Beings Are Getting Dumber, Says Study
biggrin.gif

We're adapting to modern life. You won't find a hunter gather who'll discuss theoretical physics with you. If you don't practice those areas in your brain, they'll never become as efficient as they are in some "smart" people.

post #9650 of 12660
No one is suggesting the breadth of human knowledge isn't expanding. The point is that it is very easy to pass on 'stupid' genes these days - whereas before natural selection kept that to a minimum.



Edit: And yes, we are going to keep discussing human evolution, and idiot procreation until Turok spills the beans about iBasso's plans for portable audio world domination.
Edited by Pudu - 12/19/12 at 5:14am
post #9651 of 12660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudu View Post

No one is suggesting the breadth of human knowledge isn't expanding. The point is that it is very easy to pass on 'stupid' genes these days - whereas before natural selection kept that to a minimum.
Edit: And yes, we are going to keep discussing human evolution, and idiot procreation until Turok spills the beans about iBasso's plans for portable audio world domination.

post #9652 of 12660

I agree about the arrogance of apple, but I would take the Mack over and PC period to each his own. Windows 8 is crap. Let's talk about the recording industry. It's funny how the recording industry does not know how to mike recordings like they did in the early 60's. I talking mostly about classical music. You would think with our technology that recordings would be far better. Oh boy has the standards dropped.

post #9653 of 12660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwm48324 View Post

I agree about the arrogance of apple, but I would take the Mack over and PC period to each his own. Windows 8 is crap. Let's talk about the recording industry. It's funny how the recording industry does not know how to mike recordings like they did in the early 60's. I talking mostly about classical music. You would think with our technology that recordings would be far better. Oh boy has the standards dropped.

Who to blame?

post #9654 of 12660

A wee update on my post many pages ago.  Insurance company are going to pay me £500 in the next week for a new DX100, not sure what to do with the broken one, dont fancy tinkering with it myself so may sell it as faulty or take it to local repair shop.

post #9655 of 12660
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCol View Post

A wee update on my post many pages ago.  Insurance company are going to pay me £500 in the next week for a new DX100, not sure what to do with the broken one, dont fancy tinkering with it myself so may sell it as faulty or take it to local repair shop.

or you can donate it to the new OS program ;) I know i will probably end up messing it up so no harm if it is messed up already ;)

 

what is the problem?

post #9656 of 12660
Quote:
Originally Posted by figgie View Post

or you can donate it to the new OS program wink.gif I know i will probably end up messing it up so no harm if it is messed up already wink.gif

what is the problem?

Dropped around 4ft onto kitchen floor. No external damage, rattling inside, no power and won't charge.
post #9657 of 12660
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCol View Post

A wee update on my post many pages ago.  Insurance company are going to pay me £500 in the next week for a new DX100, not sure what to do with the broken one, dont fancy tinkering with it myself so may sell it as faulty or take it to local repair shop.

 


nice insurance company

 

My insurance company , once they pay out for any new product , the recover and own the old one ,if paying for

a stolen one ,when stolen one is recovered , they own that .That was my most recent experience when the rear

door on our truck was stolen ,insurance bought a new(refurbished one ) ,and days later police found the original

It had to be returned to insurance company , tho i was in tough shape

post #9658 of 12660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozeqloud View Post



nice insurance company

My insurance company , once they pay out for any new product , the recover and own the old one ,if paying for
a stolen one ,when stolen one is recovered , they own that .That was my most recent experience when the rear
door on our truck was stolen ,insurance bought a new(refurbished one ) ,and days later police found the original
It had to be returned to insurance company , tho i was in tough shape

To be honest I thought they would ask for the broken one, so far they haven't but I'm not going to do anything with te broken one for a while just in case they do want it.
post #9659 of 12660
A quick update on album art (this may be very old news, but I'm fairly slow on the uptake):

Album art seems to work flawlessly if your tags are in order BEFORE you copy the music to the DX. The music player must have a database that doesn't always necessarily update properly if you change tags after the tracks are already in the database. I was having trouble with a couple of albums, so I removed everything and fixed all my tags. Then I rescanned an empty DX, copied it all back, and let it rescan again. Now all my album art works flawlessly.

Note: It doesn't update artwork until you play a track from that album for the first time - then it updates.

Again, if this is completely unhelpful, old news - just ignore me (it'll be like talking with at my kids).
post #9660 of 12660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudu View Post

A quick update on album art (this may be very old news, but I'm fairly slow on the uptake):
Album art seems to work flawlessly if your tags are in order BEFORE you copy the music to the DX. The music player must have a database that doesn't always necessarily update properly if you change tags after the tracks are already in the database. I was having trouble with a couple of albums, so I removed everything and fixed all my tags. Then I rescanned an empty DX, copied it all back, and let it rescan again. Now all my album art works flawlessly.
Note: It doesn't update artwork until you play a track from that album for the first time - then it updates.
Again, if this is completely unhelpful, old news - just ignore me (it'll be like talking with at my kids).


Hmm I'm not sure if this works that way for me Pudu. Only on the older firmwares did it exhibit this where I could get the album art to show up on 1.2.3 but I had to let it load for quite some time. I'd do this by letting the DX100 shuffle for like an hour and for some reason when it goes through certain parts of the files it activates the other album art. So after some time everything would be stored in cache I guess. This would allow for me to revert back to 1.1.7 with all my album art still intact.

 

But on the newer firmware after a factory reset and clearing the Music Player and Media Storage I just let it load for 15 to 20 minutes and all the album art is present on the new firmware. No issues with having to play through files to get everything showing.... All my album art is embedded into the FLAC tags.


Edited by lee730 - 12/19/12 at 11:10pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.