Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2. - Page 616

post #9226 of 12671

Should i wait for a HM-901 or buy the DX100 i am starting to get tired of waiting and the holiday spending bug bit me.

post #9227 of 12671
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiohead7 View Post

Should i wait for a HM-901 or buy the DX100 i am starting to get tired of waiting and the holiday spending bug bit me.

 

dx100

post #9228 of 12671

Why DX100 in your opinion.

post #9229 of 12671
+1 DX100
post #9230 of 12671
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiohead7 View Post

Why DX100 in your opinion.

 

On the hifi-man side:

1)  I've read from those that have heard the hm901 that it doesn't sound much better than the hm-801

 

2) A lot of the technology behind the hm-901 doesn't make sense to me, seems frivolous, and strikes me as designed to rip off the unknowing-consumer

 

3) I don't like Fang's attitude towards his competition and his potential costumers

 

On the dx100 side:

1) its now open to outside developers (ex: neutron player, power amp), and that just kicks out the doors of what this will be capable of in the future

 

2) the bugs, which used to be the huge trade-off, just aren't that bad anymore

 

3) the sound!

post #9231 of 12671

Hi Friend.

 

Because of Cris wrote you can buy yhe DX100 and the HE400 or HE500.

 

Everybody happy 

post #9232 of 12671

Why can i buy the he400 or he500 because cris wrote me... you must be saying i could accord to buy those headphones instead of spending the extra money on the hm901 and buy the dx100.I see your point how much better can the sound get for the money at this point. I am thinking it could be a few month before anyone sees the HM901 in the US anyway. I heard that you could buy more amps for the HM901 is it a gimmick or do would they make it sound that much better.I just do not want to waste my money if its so close but i will take your word for it that the dx100 is a good value.

post #9233 of 12671
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozeqloud View Post


This one appears too good to be true

 

http://www.amazon.ca/SanDisk-MicroSDXC-Memory-Adapter-SDSDQUA-064G-U46A/dp/B007WTAJTO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1353804773&sr=8-1

 

I really only understand either direct purchases from a store or online from known

retailers like bestbuy or futureshop etc .Im new i guess lol . i cant tell how legit

this is ,and im paranoid hearing about fakes/counterfits ,and just plain old paying

and not receiving .

 

Any advice here is appreciated

there is a special online only starting tonight at 10::00 eastern for 64 gb sandisk at BESTBUY for $45.00

post #9234 of 12671
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSC View Post

 

On the hifi-man side:

1)  I've read from those that have heard the hm901 that it doesn't sound much better than the hm-801

 

2) A lot of the technology behind the hm-901 doesn't make sense to me, seems frivolous, and strikes me as designed to rip off the unknowing-consumer

 

3) I don't like Fang's attitude towards his competition and his potential costumers

 

On the dx100 side:

1) its now open to outside developers (ex: neutron player, power amp), and that just kicks out the doors of what this will be capable of in the future

 

2) the bugs, which used to be the huge trade-off, just aren't that bad anymore

 

3) the sound!

 

Yep, x2 for this, most definitely.

 

I used to have the HM-801. The additional amp boards were definitely a gimmick in my opinion, provided very little difference to the sound for a stupid amount of money. None of them even got close to the realistic output impedance level the DX100 amp section has, all Hifiman boards had stupidly high output impedance which just demonstrates their lack of technical knowledge. I have no more faith in that company.

post #9235 of 12671
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfen68 View Post

 

The price seems right...but as far as getting a "best" performing and compatible card...is this the way to go for the DX100?  I've had good luck with Sandisk cards on other devices so that's a start....

 

Also, whats the difference bewtween these two cards?  Supposedly the Class 6 once delivered is actually a Class 10:

 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005V7WIA2/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&smid=A3FPRP7I8FTOOJ

 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009QZH6JS/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER


Thanks for info wolfen68

post #9236 of 12671
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

:P

 

Actually man get it from here if possible. Amazon.com (USA). It's like $4.00 cheaper ;). I think I'm gonna bite on this one.

 

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-MicroSDXC-Memory-Adapter-SDSDQU-064G-AFFP-A/dp/B009QZH6JS/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1353813282&sr=8-5&keywords=sandisk+micro+sd+6

 

Thanks Lee

 

i got jumpy and ordered the original .i ordered two ,so i could have saved 8.00

post #9237 of 12671
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKELAP View Post

there is a special online only starting tonight at 10::00 eastern for 64 gb sandisk at BESTBUY for $45.00


Thanks mate . i got anxious and ordered the original one tho

 

Can i ask how you knew of this 10 pm sale ? You being Canuck too i assume its .ca ?

 

Local BB knew nowt of it , but to be fair they re the store not online

 

Next time ill try and not be so anxious and save a few dollars

post #9238 of 12671
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpchia View Post

I asked Dyaems who has had the DX100 and the Sony F807 about SQ difference.  Here are some further details about my usage of a DAP to help answer the question:

-listen to the following bands a lot: Radiohead, Dirty Projectors, Beirut, St Vincent, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, The National, Ullirch Schnauss, Grizzly Bear, Sigur Ros, Bat For Lashes, etc.: so I guess alternative and some electronic

-I have 98-99% of my music in 16/44.1

-I will only use the DAP for portable use, because I am satisfied with my home rig, although if I travel for a long time it could become transportable...but for the next couple of years it will be for portable use

-I will use Ear Sonics SM3 IEMs with the DAP

 

Thanks for the input.

 

i think both F and dx100 sounds great with the SM3 unamped. i also like to listen with the F than the dx100 on alternative and electronic music. i cant explain but that digital amp from sony makes electronic music really engaging haha... on other genres like classical/vocal/jazz, the dx100 is amazing.

 

portability-wise, i will also go with the F. i use both daps inside my pocket and the F feels less "dangerous" when outside. dangerous meaning, it wont get bump and it will make a force enough to touch the headphone jack and youll hear the sound will stutter for a while. sorry for my english haha

 

if the place youre going to buy have a return policy, you can try both haha and return the other one :P

 

i also hope the dx100 wont replace your desktop source haha

post #9239 of 12671
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozeqloud View Post


Thanks mate . i got anxious and ordered the original one tho

 

Can i ask how you knew of this 10 pm sale ? You being Canuck too i assume its .ca ?

 

Local BB knew nowt of it , but to be fair they re the store not online

 

Next time ill try and not be so anxious and save a few dollars

Saw this sale on my webpage and sale goes on to the 27th. +free delivery. thats a good deal.

post #9240 of 12671
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfen68 View Post

 

The price seems right...but as far as getting a "best" performing and compatible card...is this the way to go for the DX100?  I've had good luck with Sandisk cards on other devices so that's a start....

 

Also, whats the difference bewtween these two cards?  Supposedly the Class 6 once delivered is actually a Class 10:

 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005V7WIA2/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&smid=A3FPRP7I8FTOOJ

 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009QZH6JS/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER


I think the difference is in the transfer speed that's about it. So honestly you are better off getting the Class 10 since it is faster and cheaper. Sandisk is the best cards period. They have the highest reliability and quality out there. After all they are the original makers of the card so I'd hope this would be the case.


Edited by lee730 - 11/25/12 at 4:31pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.