Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2. - Page 614

post #9196 of 12739

Ironic or moronic lol (just joking) ;). For me having the T1 amp with the DX100 takes it from a very enjoyable portable rig to a rig that is at least comparable to my desktop rig in terms of sound quality and overall musical enjoyment. So that's quite a feat for a $230.00 amp ;). IMO it performance in the $500+ range, same with the Leckerton.
 


Edited by lee730 - 11/24/12 at 3:59am
post #9197 of 12739
I bought the CLAS -dB and paired it with my RX3B and am enjoying it.

Just cant have it all and want some new cans as im sick of the K701s
post #9198 of 12739
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmichels View Post

I was planing to use an iPHONE + SOLO -dB DAC + SR71b amplifier until I saw this "AUDIOPHILE" DAP: the DX100.  

 

So... I thought I finaly found my "all in one" AUDIOPHILE portable ring.

 

But then....I see here many peoples using the DX100 along with an Amp (RaySamuel, ALO...).  This makes me puzzeled a bit since I thought that this "AUDIOPHILE" DAP was supposed to include already an AMP of quality much better than the one in the Smartphone and low profile DAP.

 

So... is the internal AMP really of lesser quality than those dedicated AMP from RAY or ALO ? 

 

And then, if I continue on this line, is the internal DAC good enough or should be also bypassed ? 

 

 

thanks

 

PS : Anyone has heard the NEW DAP from iRIVER : AK100 ?  How does it compare with the DX100

 

 

 

I've made extensive comparisons between the dx100's amp and mk3.. for me, the mk3 is more superior as it adds more bass depth and more spark in the highs.. the dx100 adds warmth..

 

i've heard the ak100.. it sounds nice.. about above average soundstage but still i prefer the dx100 over it and find it way more superior.. the ak100 can even power up the hd650 but doesn't really make it sing.. the higher volume the ak100 gives.. the sound distorts..

 

I used tg334 and weston 4r when I ABed those.. the westone 4 sounds good on both but I like the tg334 better on the dx100's line out..

post #9199 of 12739
Quote:
Originally Posted by Room40 View Post

I bought the CLAS -dB and paired it with my RX3B and am enjoying it.
Just cant have it all and want some new cans as im sick of the K701s


I had the Clas with the RX3B and it was good, but no comparison to the DX-100 with RX3B. To each his own I guess.

post #9200 of 12739

Can anyone recommend a case for the DX-100 and the RXMark3B amp. I would like it to have to straps for the shoulder.

post #9201 of 12739
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwm48324 View Post


I had the Clas with the RX3B and it was good, but no comparison to the DX-100 with RX3B. To each his own I guess.

 

 

i find the ipod>clas>mk3 to have a larger soundstage than dx100>mk3.. but dx and mk3 a bit more transparent

post #9202 of 12739
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwm48324 View Post


I had the Clas with the RX3B and it was good, but no comparison to the DX-100 with RX3B. To each his own I guess.

May be the problem was that the Clas+rx3b was only able to read the files downsampled to 16/48 when connected to an iPhone while the DX100 was reading them at native 24/96 or 24/192 ?
If this was The case, then thé comparaison was not fair ? :-)
post #9203 of 12739
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmichels View Post


May be the problem was that the Clas+rx3b was only able to read the files downsampled to 16/48 when connected to an iPhone while the DX100 was reading them at native 24/96 or 24/192 ?
If this was The case, then thé comparaison was not fair ? :-)


Not at all, I listened to the same Lossless I tune files through the I phone as well as the DX-100. The I phone, Clas was thinner and way less dynamic especially in the bass compared to the DX-100.

post #9204 of 12739
I understand, but if your looseless files were above 16/48, then they were "downsampled" to 16/48 before being played by the Class (iPhone can NOT stream out higher resolution) while the same files were played in their native (High) résolution by thé DX100.
To make a fair comparaison you must make sure that the file are 16/48 (or lower)resolution.

Am I right ?
Edited by bmichels - 11/24/12 at 7:13am
post #9205 of 12739
Just my opinion. The difference I hear between 16/44.1 & 24/192 is minuscule in comparison to DAC (CLAS & DX100) differences. I even have DSF over DoP for my desktop setup & have the same SACD in redbook CD even in that setup the differences aren't as big as if I were to swap to different desktop DACs.
post #9206 of 12739
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

Just my opinion. The difference I hear between 16/44.1 & 24/192 is minuscule in comparison to DAC (CLAS & DX100) differences. I even have DSF over DoP for my desktop setup & have the same SACD in redbook CD even in that setup the differences aren't as big as if I were to swap to different desktop DACs.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/595071/android-phones-and-usb-dacs/870#post_8886228
http://www.head-fi.org/t/595071/android-phones-and-usb-dacs/885#post_8887905
post #9207 of 12739
Quote:
Originally Posted by turokrocks View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

Just my opinion. The difference I hear between 16/44.1 & 24/192 is minuscule in comparison to DAC (CLAS & DX100) differences. I even have DSF over DoP for my desktop setup & have the same SACD in redbook CD even in that setup the differences aren't as big as if I were to swap to different desktop DACs.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/595071/android-phones-and-usb-dacs/870#post_8886228
http://www.head-fi.org/t/595071/android-phones-and-usb-dacs/885#post_8887905
Yes I remember reading your posts there and was actually thinking about what you wrote whilst I was typing the above. For certain tracks I can hear a difference between 16/44.1 vs 24/96. But with 24/192 I can hardly hear a difference (but have it anyway cos my shallow personality simply says "Cos I can!").

Funnily I have two versions of Norah Jones "Come Away With Me" - the old 2003 version and the newly remastered 2012 version. For those of you who may be familiar with this album, the original 2003 was reputable for being a redbook that was just converted to SACD (as such the 2012 remaster). In all honesty, aside from the recording dB level, I find it hard pressed to hear a big difference between the two; unlike other albums like Dave Brubeck's Time Out or Getz Gilberto (redbook vs SACD).

Back on topic, I have the CLAS-dB+Rx Mk3 but have to say sonically, the DX100+Rx Mk3 still wins sonically to my ears.

P.S. I'm reviewing another portable amp of which I may tentatively prefer over the Rx Mk3 ;-)....I think!!!
post #9208 of 12739
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

Yes I remember reading your posts there and was actually thinking about what you wrote whilst I was typing the above. For certain tracks I can hear a difference between 16/44.1 vs 24/96. But with 24/192 I can hardly hear a difference (but have it anyway cos my shallow personality simply says "Cos I can!").
Funnily I have two versions of Norah Jones "Come Away With Me" - the old 2003 version and the newly remastered 2012 version. For those of you who may be familiar with this album, the original 2003 was reputable for being a redbook that was just converted to SACD (as such the 2012 remaster). In all honesty, aside from the recording dB level, I find it hard pressed to hear a big difference between the two; unlike other albums like Dave Brubeck's Time Out or Getz Gilberto (redbook vs SACD).
Back on topic, I have the CLAS-dB+Rx Mk3 but have to say sonically, the DX100+Rx Mk3 still wins sonically to my ears.
P.S. I'm reviewing another portable amp of which I may tentatively prefer over the Rx Mk3 ;-)....I think!!!

What is this mystery amp?
post #9209 of 12739
The Intruder? CEntrance HiFi-M8? Sony PHA-1? Portaphile 627? Neco Soundlab Portable V3?
post #9210 of 12739

No no...it's the Ortofon MHd-Q7 which will be released in Japan only (officially at least, I'm sure via grey market it'll be available overseas). Looks like I've mentioned already elsewhere in Head-Fi so it's no secret.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.