Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2. - Page 611

post #9151 of 12534
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin1990 View Post

In other word to say, they are badly tolerate to the bad sources am I right?

Despite having only two drivers can they reach the sound range, both bass and treble similar to SM3 or W4?

I'm keen to listen to any Heir's product yet they are less popular in my country.. Therefore I could hardly find any chance to audit any of them..

See if you can audition the Etymotic ER4, they are very similar. The Tzar 350 has better bass extension and is slightly more detailed.

post #9152 of 12534

Got it :) Will audit it if I have a chance to.

post #9153 of 12534

Is it just me or has a Leprechaun hijacked the front page of headfi. tongue.gif

 

Listening to Celia Cruz "Mi Vida Es Cantar" in lossless. Just loved the song "La Vida Es Un Carnival" so had to get it on CD. :)

 


Edited by lee730 - 11/21/12 at 2:51am
post #9154 of 12534

Sorry to slip off topic a tad

 

But can someone plz hook me up  with wasapi 2.0

 

ive been to foobar and all the old software sites with no luck

 

Thanks
 

post #9155 of 12534
I think I've got 2.1 if you want it. (off to bed in a few minutes though)
post #9156 of 12534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudu View Post

I think I've got 2.1 if you want it. (off to bed in a few minutes though)


That would probably be the ticket

 

Many thanks

post #9157 of 12534
I received my DX100 yesterday and my monoprice 8320 today. Loving the DX100 so far. Updated from 1.1.7 to 1.2.7, rooted it, froze a bunch of things and now it runs so much better. Funny thing happened, my sister happened to see me opening the packaging for the 8320 and she wanted to try it first. Her reaction was, "Wow I'm hearing things I didn't even know were in this song[compared to her ibuds]." I was fairly impressed myself. The clarity and separation were amazing for an $8 IEM. There was little to no bass or soundstage, but I wasn't expecting much in this department compared to full sized headphones. I think I'll try some of the mods from the 8320 thread as well as let it burn in some more.

Cheers

Edit: The EQ is really weird. Not opening it at all gives the best sound. Just hitting the Open button but leaving everything at zero you still hear a noticeable difference.
Edited by hiyu64 - 11/21/12 at 12:39pm
post #9158 of 12534
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiyu64 View Post

I received my DX100 yesterday and my monoprice 8320 today. Loving the DX100 so far. Updated from 1.1.7 to 1.2.7, rooted it, froze a bunch of things and now it runs so much better. Funny thing happened, my sister happened to see me opening the packaging for the 8320 and she wanted to try it first. Her reaction was, "Wow I'm hearing things I didn't even know were in this song[compared to her ibuds]." I was fairly impressed myself. The clarity and separation were amazing for an $8 IEM. There was little to no bass or soundstage, but I wasn't expecting much in this department compared to full sized headphones. I think I'll try some of the mods from the 8320 thread as well as let it burn in some more.
Cheers
Edit: The EQ is really weird. Not opening it at all gives the best sound. Just hitting the Open button but leaving everything at zero you still hear a noticeable difference.

...you spend 830$ on a mp3 player and then 7$ on the earphones LOOL blink.gif You really should ugrade the earphones first before shelling out 830 for the dx100, if you saved up some more and bought a tralucent 1 plus 2 fitear 334 etc.. the improvement is way more than upgrading the source first, just saying... rolleyes.gif
post #9159 of 12534
I have a pair of Grado PS500 but they are a pain with super long thick cables/leak sound, so not optimal for listening on the go. They sound great with the dx100 though. I only got the 8320s to use on the go/commute. Also, I don't really want to spend money on custom IEMs since I'm saving up for a pair of lcd-2.
post #9160 of 12534

Dude you need to buy some better in ear headphones or closed ear headphones. I could never listen to bad headphones at home or on the go. You are very funny to me.
 

post #9161 of 12534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwm48324 View Post

Dude you need to buy some better in ear headphones or closed ear headphones. I could never listen to bad headphones at home or on the go. You are very funny to me.

 

I guess you missed the bit about him saving up for the LCD2? wink.gif
post #9162 of 12534

No I did not. The LCD2 can't be used as a portable headphone and I would not use a 10.00 headphone ever. This is just me, when you get use to more refined sound you can't go back.

post #9163 of 12534

i thought i was the only one to use the dx100 (when i had it) with a 10usd earbuds (akg k311) for a while, haha

post #9164 of 12534

You can always choose to upgrade source first or headphones first :)

Good source on cheap IEM will still do good improvement, although I personally would prefer to have better headphones first :)

post #9165 of 12534
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachchen1996 View Post


...you spend 830$ on a mp3 player and then 7$ on the earphones LOOL blink.gif You really should ugrade the earphones first before shelling out 830 for the dx100, if you saved up some more and bought a tralucent 1 plus 2 fitear 334 etc.. the improvement is way more than upgrading the source first, just saying... rolleyes.gif

 

i say source first, then others. it is better for me. if you have a good source, that will most likely stay permanently, unlike headphones and that saves the cost alot. however, headphone/iem first is OK too, but only if wont replace the headphone/iem for a very long time because the sound sig fits it

 

a very good source like a dx100, paired with decent iem or headphone is way better than a great headphone and a mediocre source (sr009 and unknwown chinese mp4 player) IMO. that is just an example though, so dont throw flaming rocks at me lol

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.