Im finding the volume alot louder on this new firmware, i use to have it set around 210-220, now im on 190, EQ off
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 5/27/12
- brandAudiophile Productstagged by System, 2/10/12
- productiBasso DX100 Reference DAPtagged by System, 2/10/12
- productJDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/27/12
- categoryPortable Source Componentstagged by System, 5/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- [Comparison Review] Searching for accurate sounding closed cans under $100 (9 headphone models... Last post on 10/24/13 at 11:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- first timer in need of guidance Last post on 4/3/13 at 1:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best dubstep headphones for $100? Last post on 3/16/13 at 6:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Panasonic htf 600s vs Creative Aurvana Live Last post on 1/27/13 at 11:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
I was asked to listen to the Musical Fidelity MF100 and received them about 4 weeks ago. I get quite a lot of headphones through my door, I only review the ones I like and I like these a lot. I...
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
I was looking for closed headphones with a pricetag up to €200 that could be used without an amp. After some research and listening sessions I bought the M50x. There's really not a lot to say about...
If you look at my profile, I stay within a small range of products that have worked for my son and I. These include V-Moda, Westone, Audio Technica and Klipsch. Each have their own strenghts,...
iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2. - Page 565
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8462 of 1246510/23/12 at 9:07am
From ibasso and my reply to them.Hi,Thank you for your email.I think I need to explain why there is fade-in problem on this DAP first. It is a little complicated.First, the DAC chip ES9018 needs to re-actived when switching tracks that have different sample rate, for example, you are switching from a 16/44.1 track to a 24/192 track. There are some noise when the ES9018 is re-actived.Second, the ES9018 has a built-in mute function. It can be muted when switching tracks, or when it is being re-actived. We activated this feature, therefore, the noise is muted.Third, the mute function bring the fade-in problem. We can't change or edit this mute function since it is determined by the ES9018 chip.Fourth, on the V1.2.3, we added buffer on the beginning of each track, to hide the fade-in issue. As a result, there is a longer gap btw tracks. Also, this kind of buffer affect sound quality.On the V1.2.7, we eliminate the buffer, and resume it to the same setting as the V1.1.7. Now, the V1.2.7 has fade-in but quicker response when switching tracks.You may ask why other products that use the ES9018 dont have the fade-in problem. On the DX100, we use our own driver to replace andoird's Audioflinger. The android's audioflinger only allows 16/44.1 output. That is also why all other android products only can output 16/44.1, but the DX100 can output 24/192.If all tracks are downsampled to 16/44.1, then there is not noise btw tracks, and the mute function is not needed.On the CD players that use the ES9018, the whole CD has the same sample rate, mute function isnt needed as well.You may post this on head-fi, as many people have the same question.Regarding to your second questions,I think tracks from the same album should be listed together. You dont want to listen to the song A1 from an album, then listen to a song A2 from another album, right? Therefore, we dont list the tracks in alphabetical order. We listed the tracks in the "now playlist" in chronological order. I think people usually drag a whole album folder into the DX100, therefore, the tracks from the same album can be listed together.If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us.Best Regards,iBasso Audio
Regarding the fade in. It doesn't make sense to me. You said one reason is due to having 16/44 and 24 bit tracks mixed. Currently I don't have 24 bit files on my player and only 16/44 files so I don't understand where you are coming from with the fade in. As I said earlier if you use the orange scroll bar to skip to the next track there will be no fade in. So why not implement that into the update which should accommodate for getting rid of the fade in.
Also regarding tracks not organizing in alphabetical order. That is something very basic for most DAPs out there. Please don't make an excuse for this. I access my music via playlists. Try actually looking into it. The playlists will only show in the order they are synced to the device. This is wrong. It should be able to update and organize those playlists in alphabetical order for organization purposes. This makes it much easier to access your music when you go from A to Z. Please fix. I'll post your comments on the thread but I still don't see these issues as being non-fixable. Please work on it. You are close to having a properly working unit. Don't give up now. Thank you.
post #8463 of 1246510/23/12 at 9:12amQuote:
I second that . Actually many times i find the search function some what useless .i search for things
i know exists on the unit,yet nowt is found
Is there some way to set search parameters ? Maybe thats my mistake ?
Tnxpost #8464 of 1246510/23/12 at 9:23amQuote:Originally Posted by dsalomon
I just updated my player and there is no change (wrt my request). Yes, using playlists would make operation smoother. However, I don't want to have to manually create hundreds (or thousands) of playlists just to be able to easily get to what I want to listen to. Up until now, I've not been really annoyed with iBasso because, despite the GUI issues it does music better than any other portable DAP currently available (again, MHO). Now I'm really annoyed, especially because they committed to add this functionality, then ignored that commitment.
Hey iBasso - are you listening? This is NOT how to build a good reputation. If you commit to do something...do it. If you had told me "no" or "maybe" or "soon", then not delivered I wouldn't have a gripe. Reputation is everything. I'm now looking for other portable alternatives. When I find one with as good or better music quality, storage capacity, and ability to play hi-rez music as the DX100, I'll buy it and sell my DX100 (even if it costs me more).
My apologies to everyone here for having to read my "vent". I should've cooled off before clicking. I sent an email to iBasso...will share their response.post #8465 of 1246510/23/12 at 9:31amQuote:
Here is their reply...
The firmware does have the long press function on the directory browser. Please long press the individual song. The long press can not apply to folder.
Grrrrrr.........post #8466 of 1246510/23/12 at 9:33amQuote:
What a stupid response.....post #8467 of 1246510/23/12 at 9:41amQuote:
The EQ at last correct is functioning properly!post #8468 of 1246510/23/12 at 9:43am
So do you use EQ? Actually it's sounding quite nice with EQ flat :). Sounds like 1.1.7 with EQ off :P. Bass is still very much drawing my attention to it.
Edited by lee730 - 10/23/12 at 9:48ampost #8469 of 1246510/23/12 at 9:56ampost #8470 of 1246510/23/12 at 9:57am
EQ on sounds a bit more flat to my ears at least. Closer in sound to 1.1.7. Still nice eitherway. Gonna test both to see which I prefer.
Edited by lee730 - 10/23/12 at 9:59ampost #8471 of 1246510/23/12 at 9:59ampost #8472 of 1246510/23/12 at 10:03ampost #8473 of 1246510/23/12 at 10:24am
Yeah I'm starting to warm up to the sound even more. There's more depth to the sound now than before as well. The bass was putting me off a bit before but it's actually quite nice. Just it draws your attention to it more than before (in a good way). I am preferring it with EQ off. Went back and forward and found things to be just a tad too distant with EQ enabled on flat.
Edited by lee730 - 10/23/12 at 10:52ampost #8474 of 1246510/23/12 at 10:39ampost #8475 of 1246510/23/12 at 10:44amQuote:
Strangely enough it's not an issue at all on my Tralucent 1Plus2s. Seems my MDR-7550s were showing a noticeable amount more in bass quantity for some strange reason after the firmware update.... I'm also finding the overall sound to be more detailed. Especially in the treble and micro-detailing. Hearing things I haven't heard before in Whitney Houston's "Love Will Save the Day."
Edited by lee730 - 10/23/12 at 10:51am
- iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Ranking of 21 DACs and DAC Configurations (and why chocolate ice... 27 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 35 seconds ago
- › PSB M4U1 vs. NAD VISO HP50 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 1 minute ago
- › Choices, choices... 1 minute ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 2 minutes ago
- › REVIEW - Yulong Audio Sabre DA8 Reference DAC 3 minutes ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › So, I'm looking for that perfect amp... 3 minutes ago
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 High Quality On-Ear Headphones by astroid
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude