Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2. - Page 541

post #8101 of 12660

Now running Figgie's Music player, I'll report my findings smile.gif

 

Update 1: On 1.1.7, I still get the leading silence when selecting a track.


Edited by Sorensiim - 10/4/12 at 9:11am
post #8102 of 12660

Ha, the fabled 'Figgie build' wasn't such a flight of fancy as first thought! I think if you sort everything out the DX100 owners club should give you a reward. 

post #8103 of 12660
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikitub View Post

Lol. I didn't even say mine is magical. Mine is not perfect I get the force close issue every time I boot it. But hey it's still working after that. And what is the word "ne"? Only hear that when my baby is crying cause she is hungry.
Maybe the music over the bug issue works for me so I'm still loving my dx100 unlike you who can't appreciate it.
Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2


Well if you need to get personal with baby talk ,are you certain your little girl didnt type your 1st response to my post ? "I don't know if you're waiting for something magic will happen to it you use it. " "Open it up then play a music." Talk about hard to understand as another member said i was . If english is not your 1st language i apologize .

My 1st language is english and even my grammar and written skills are lazy . If theres a short cut ,  I shall take it . I hope no profs are on here grading my grammar.

 

LOL. I re read my poorly designed and typed post ,yes lazy and haphazard ,but it wasnt so much stumbling and fumbling with the english language as your 1st post .

 

Thanks  Mcberto  for providing todays chuckle

 

Talk about confusing 1st you said "It will always work every time you use it." then you say " Mine is not perfect I get the force close issue every time I boot it."

 

Maybe you dont expect alot for the money you spend ? Alot of companies feed on such apathy .As long as you can eventually get it working you can forgive all the time you have wasted trying to get it working . Because indeed when it works it has amazing sound . Thank goodness for people like Figgie who are devoting their own time to help out . Dont know why folks attack Figgie for not owning a unit ,when the work being done can help us all

 

About the battery ? Were you addressing some one else ? Did i mention the battery in that post ?

 

Like the whimpering hungry baby when you point out " see im not the only one " . If you read over 500 pages you will also learn I am not alone in frustration over spending 800.00+ plus dollars on a great sounding unit "when we can get it to work " .See Im not the only one either .

 

 

Keep up the great effort Figgie .Following your posts I have hope its poor software coding and not hardware .If your efforts bear fruit we wont even have to consider RMAs .Thanks for the advice wiz ,but if its poor software as Figgies work leads me to believe ,sending me another unit ,with all the effort that takes I will just be sent yet another unit with poor software ?


Edited by Rozeqloud - 10/4/12 at 10:05am
post #8104 of 12660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post

Root has been possible since launch, I even posted a guide in the DX100 faq wink.gif

Do you have a link to that guide?

post #8105 of 12660
Quote:
Originally Posted by warubozu View Post

Do you have a link to that guide?

http://www.head-fi.org/a/ibasso-dx100-faq

post #8106 of 12660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post

Now running Figgie's Music player, I'll report my findings smile.gif

 

Update 1: On 1.1.7, I still get the leading silence when selecting a track.

well that is good.

 

that means the gapless setting is not used for the leading silence.

 

Do you have an idea of how long that silence is?  5 seconds? 2? less more?

 

also how does it sound compared to OEM. It technically should sound the same...

 

does gapless setting effect the gapless playback at all?

post #8107 of 12660
Quote:
Originally Posted by temporaryname View Post

Exciting stuff! I wait for your updates with bated breath.

 

Lee: I'm not surprised that it's up to the community. Porting Rockbox would've been easy for Fang and Head-direct but they decided not to make an effort and leave it to the community to make a useable UI for the Hifiman HM-801/601/602's.

 

In regards to iBasso, I've emailed them several times about all the bugs I've come across and improvements that could be made, linking them to this thread multiple times. The most likely explanation is the one offered by figgie: iBasso contracts out their software development. Thus, it's possible they can't just debug the firmware and make improvements on a whim. They would have to write everything down, communicate it with the contractor, discuss their options and how much it'll cost them. It may be that the bugs may be hard to find or fix, the contractor or iBasso see them as a low priority (either out of laziness on the contractor part or an attempt to be cost effective on iBasso's part) or the contractor is not good at their job and were only hired because they were the most affordable option. There's a slew of reasons that may impede the development of bug-free useable firmware if you consider the development is outsourced.

 

True but this will limit their market-share. If Hifiman comes out with a bug-free DAP that sounds just as good or even better at around the same price. ibasso will lose the market. So it would be in their best interest to fulfill what they have claimed from the very beginning. If not why not find someone who could do it. What if Figgie could really fix these issues and make their UI very capable. I think a Free DAP would be a good price in return for completing what they seem to not be able to complete.


Edited by lee730 - 10/4/12 at 12:31pm
post #8108 of 12660
Quote:
Originally Posted by figgie View Post

well that is good.

 

that means the gapless setting is not used for the leading silence.

 

Do you have an idea of how long that silence is?  5 seconds? 2? less more?

 

also how does it sound compared to OEM. It technically should sound the same...

 

does gapless setting effect the gapless playback at all?


Well figgie when you manually select a different song it cuts out the very beginning of the songs. Like the first second of the song is missing when it starts playing. So you have to rewind the track to make it play from the beginning. It shows as playing from the beginning with the countdown but cuts it out for some reason....

post #8109 of 12660
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


Well figgie when you manually select a different song it cuts out the very beginning of the songs. Like the first second of the song is missing when it starts playing. So you have to rewind the track to make it play from the beginning. It shows as playing from the beginning with the countdown but cuts it out for some reason....

Exactly - cuts something like 1½ seconds from the start. Only had a very quick listen using my HD650, the DX100 will be feeding my 8.A for several hours tomorrow and I should be able to make a call on the sound.

post #8110 of 12660

question

 

so selecting the next music manually does that?

 

Does ti do it when you do a Next or Previous track?

 

I am just trying to narrow down what file the setNextSongForGapless is getting messed up.

 

from a logic perspective.. it is probably in the logic of manual selecting the track.

 

sorensiim or Lee730

 

can you search in your DX100 for the following file.

 

BkMusic

 

it might not have an extension... if you find it, send it to me here... this is the debug log of the player (the OEM or the one that i modded).


Edited by figgie - 10/4/12 at 4:19pm
post #8111 of 12660
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

 

True but this will limit their market-share. If Hifiman comes out with a bug-free DAP that sounds just as good or even better at around the same price. ibasso will lose the market. So it would be in their best interest to fulfill what they have claimed from the very beginning. If not why not find someone who could do it. What if Figgie could really fix these issues and make their UI very capable. I think a Free DAP would be a good price in return for completing what they seem to not be able to complete.

 

Yes, but this is Hifiman we're talking about. I'm not holding my breath.

 

I think a free DX100 will be a very cheap reimbursement for the effort that figgie would have to put in to fix the previous developers mess, but if they actually go as far as communicating and discussing their issues with him (as I've recommended they do multiple times) then kudos to them. Then again, this is business and business politics love to retard unconventional growth and progress.

 

BTW, I just tried two monoprice headphones with the DX100, the 8320 and the newer 9398. Let me say, for the money (approx $6 and $11) they kick some major ass!! Like getting better bass texture than my $450 Westone 4's. One thing I will say is with the newer 9398, some of the cost goes towards a branded box (whilst the 8320 come in clear plastic bags), isolation is a lot better than the 8320 but there's a deep notch in the treble that muffles the cymbals. The 8320, whilst having poorer isolation has better sparkle in that region of the frequency response, although upper mids and lower treble sound less bodied probably due to another notch. Both headphones have great bass and all round I just can't complain because they're so cheap and perform on par and indeed better in some regions than some competitors waaaay more expensive. Indeed, some eq'ing would probably help fix their notches enough to make me more than happy. And this is coming from a Fit Ear TG!334/Audeze LCD2 owner!

 

UPDATE: Did some quick eq'ing with the 8320 on the DX100. Yep, pretty damn happy now.

 

At the risk of monoprice raising the price on these, I'll say: everyone buy a pair!

post #8112 of 12660

I listened to the Fit Ear 343 today. It was quite nice to be honest. I definitely preferred it to the AKG 3003 overall. Could be a bit peppy up top but was still very much in line with my preferences. I still preferred the Tralucents however. At $1,300 I think its a bit too much. I'd probably be willing to spend $1000.00 on them.
 

post #8113 of 12660
Quote:
Originally Posted by figgie View Post

question

 

so selecting the next music manually does that?

 

Does ti do it when you do a Next or Previous track?

 

I am just trying to narrow down what file the setNextSongForGapless is getting messed up.

 

from a logic perspective.. it is probably in the logic of manual selecting the track.

 

sorensiim or Lee730

 

can you search in your DX100 for the following file.

 

BkMusic

 

it might not have an extension... if you find it, send it to me here... this is the debug log of the player (the OEM or the one that i modded).

 

It does it when you do any sort of manual selection of a song. If you let the songs play by themselves without switching them it will play without the fade in. So if you press next or previous it will always cut out a part of the song.

 

Do you have any idea where "BKMusic" will be hiding? I found a file called debuggered, dumpstate, and dumpsys not sure if those could be related?


Edited by lee730 - 10/4/12 at 10:08pm
post #8114 of 12660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post

Now running Figgie's Music player, I'll report my findings smile.gif

 

Update 1: On 1.1.7, I still get the leading silence when selecting a track.


Ok I got it installed as well. Although I replaced the original player with Figgies version in bak and I also put a copy of his one as an apk file and installed the app. Not sure if that makes any difference or not. The gap is still there though.

post #8115 of 12660
This looks absolutely sexy. I wonder if cowon is aware of a competitor?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.