Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2. - Page 530

post #7936 of 12887
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post

I have been listening a lot again with the JH13's and they sound great with the DX100. Now I have the ATH-ESW10's and they are also driven to some of the best sound I have heard out of them. The 10's may have been expensive but they are enjoyable to use.


I still don't understand why you don't have the issues with fade in on your tracks. What kinda music are you using jamato? Any particular format and means that you access these files? Something just doesn't add up when you say you don't have any of the issues mentioned on 1.1.7 when everyone else seems to have them... Would be nice to see a screen shot of some of these files in mp3tag :).

post #7937 of 12887

Are you bypassing the amp or are you going through its internal amp and then the other amp you use.

post #7938 of 12887

No you go through the line out.
 

post #7939 of 12887
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


I still don't understand why you don't have the issues with fade in on your tracks. What kinda music are you using jamato? Any particular format and means that you access these files? Something just doesn't add up when you say you don't have any of the issues mentioned on 1.1.7 when everyone else seems to have them... Would be nice to see a screen shot of some of these files in mp3tag smily_headphones1.gif.

I am also using 1.1.7 and have no issues with fade-in cutting out part of the music. Mine seems to work just as it is supposed to. It is pretty nearly ideal gapless. In the Gapless settings menu, I have checked the 5 second box. Works for me.

As I only use .wav files, I don't see album art, but that is of no concern to me.
post #7940 of 12887

I am thinking about buying the dx100 because I am tired of listening to my Iphone with Clas. I want a way more natural and open sound which I am not getting with the clas and I phone.

post #7941 of 12887
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFlight View Post


I am also using 1.1.7 and have no issues with fade-in cutting out part of the music. Mine seems to work just as it is supposed to. It is pretty nearly ideal gapless. In the Gapless settings menu, I have checked the 5 second box. Works for me.
As I only use .wav files, I don't see album art, but that is of no concern to me.


Maybe that could be the reason. If you are only using WAV and you had also mentioned 5 sec gap. I only use FLAC and a few mp3s.

post #7942 of 12887
post #7943 of 12887

Now we just need the 128 GB to hit the market and I'll be quite happy for some time (once the price drops to sanity levels)... I think it'll give me enough time til the 256 comes out ;). By this time is when Apple is gonna start having problems I think with the market. What they really need to do though is make a means to embed album art and tags on WAV :).
 


Edited by lee730 - 9/24/12 at 1:13am
post #7944 of 12887
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

What they really need to do though is make a means to embed album art and tags on WAV :).
 

It exists and is called FLAC.

 

Just pulling your leg wink_face.gif


Edited by the wizard of oz - 9/24/12 at 1:56am
post #7945 of 12887

lol :P. Reason I'm wishing for this though is that there seems to be some inconsistencies even between FLAC and WAV format (Risking World War III here ;).
 

post #7946 of 12887

I've heard this been discussed before. Could the decoding / uncompressing process have some slight effect after all? This is highly controversial, but not to be ruled out necessarily.

post #7947 of 12887
Quote:
Originally Posted by the wizard of oz View Post

I've heard this been discussed before. Could the decoding / uncompressing process have some slight effect after all? This is highly controversial, but not to be ruled out necessarily.

 

That is what I am thinking. But I am also catching "flack" (no point intended ;) from others regarding this. Supposedly it is impossible :).

post #7948 of 12887
At the risk of sounding dense, I cannot figure out the need for album art to be displayed momentarily on a tiny screen! I doubt whether much attention is given to the album art when playing the original CD other than identifying the album by the name on the edge of the box.

Perhaps the lack of decoding album art on wav files results is less processing work for the processor, resulting in snappier performance and fewer artifacts when playing a file, not that I have any evidence of this, just a thought. Along with sounding excellent, decoding the uncompressed .wav files seem to be the easiest task for a DAP to execute.
post #7949 of 12887

You have a point. I just like the presentation though. It's appealing to have everything neat and with the album art showing. Not a necessary thing but a luxury I like.

 

To elaborate more on the difference I'm hearing on the 3.5 and full size HOs on the DX100. The full size jack focuses the sound stage more in the center, the sound stage isn't quite as wide but has good vertical imaging. I think separation may be a tad better as well, it takes more control of the sound. But I do like how the 3.5 jack is a bit more euphoric, and a wider sound stage.  The presentation isn't so centered through the 3.5 HO and is positioned lower. Really nice to have both options to be honest.
 


Edited by lee730 - 9/24/12 at 5:38am
post #7950 of 12887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Communism View Post

Anyone with experience setting up Pandora to be used out of US, kindly PM me or reply via this thread so it may benefit someone else looking for this set of instructions :)

 

Thank you.

 Anyone?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.