Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2. - Page 529

post #7921 of 12661

I read you! But I think we should try to stay on topic, my last post was a 100% off  confused_face.gif

But hey, I felt you there

post #7922 of 12661
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberalpha11 View Post

Between DX 100 & Rocoo BA, which sounds  better?


Of course the DX100 sounds better but the Rocoo is in a different tier. But its a hi-end player IMO and better than any ipod, cowon for that matter.

post #7923 of 12661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozeqloud View Post

LOL

 

 Yup i did a hell of alot of cutting back to afford that DAP

 

Not to mention all the money ive spent since finding headfi LOL

 

i started out considering a little 50 dollar head fone amp some university

 

student was making.and ways to make my ipod classic sound better...then i found sr71B ,

 

algorhythm solo....all finer cables required....then someone mentiond this dx100....my

 

curiosity piqued ....and here i sit with my Sunday socks on lol

 

Headfi should get a cut some how out of the audio industry  ive found stuff i didnt

 

even know i wanted , let alone existed since joining on here

 

Forgot to mention Sennheiser hd800s,,,,chose those mainly based on the words i

 

read here

 

so i have to re consider if im cheap..or do i need a new description....with holey socks and

 

5 dollar goodwill jeans im called cheap . But list my toys as well put..doesnt compute

 

Of course headfi gets a cut from many of these companies (at least the ones who are called Sponsors of which ibasso and Sennheiser are ;). I'm positive Sennheiser is their main bread-winner out of them all hands down.

post #7924 of 12661
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


Of course the DX100 sounds better but the Rocoo is in a different tier. But its a hi-end player IMO and better than any ipod, cowon for that matter.

Let's say if I compare the ipod classic +CLAS+amp with both DX100 & Rocoo BA, which one sound very much better?

post #7925 of 12661
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberalpha11 View Post

Let's say if I compare the ipod classic +CLAS+amp with both DX100 & Rocoo BA, which one sound very much better?


You should go to the DX100 thread and ask an owner of both regarding that question. What I've heard from some of these owners is that they prefer the DX100 to the CLAS combo, plus its cheaper and much more portable than that bomb. Some have also sold their CLAS units so YMWV. I'd take the DX100 any day. I know the ipod has a nice UI but its not worth the hassle of carrying around so much bulk. Plus I don't agree with apples business practices so I've boycotted them pretty much and don't plan on buying anything from them again.

 

 Edit: LMAO it just passed over my head that we are on the DX100 thread :P.


Edited by lee730 - 9/21/12 at 12:58am
post #7926 of 12661
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

 

Of course headfi gets a cut from many of these companies (at least the ones who are called Sponsors of which ibasso and Sennheiser are ;). I'm positive Sennheiser is their main bread-winner out of them all hands down.

i was only kidding . But yes now it makes sense :)

post #7927 of 12661
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberalpha11 View Post

Let's say if I compare the ipod classic +CLAS+amp with both DX100 & Rocoo BA, which one sound very much better?


Bear in mind that this comment has to do with how I remember things, not what I hear right this second as I no longer own any of those anymore :)

 

As a standalone DAP, DX100 is by far the best one I have ever heard. RoCoo BA is a good player and certainly better than an iPod Classic. But it was a bit too bright for me and the user interface is a bit pain to deal with. In terms of the first combo I had the iPod Classic + CLAS + Leckerton UHA-4 and this combo was amazing. I think if my memory serves me right it was either on the same level of quality with DX100 or a bit less but not by much. My problem with the CLAS was that it was eating up my iPod's battery like there's no tomorrow. And like others said, it's quite a bulk to lug around but I am thinking about getting it again.

 

DX100... It's a love and hate relationship. To me the fact that it couldn't be charged by USB, not a long battery life and some glitches with the wifi, and other software related problems made me return it because I thought I shouldn't be having those concerns having paid nearly a grand. I know what you're getting in sound quality outweighs these problems but I think an iPod Touch + CLAS + Portable Amp can be a less hassle free solution.

post #7928 of 12661

Curious do any of you notice any differences between the full size headphone jack and the 3.5 jack? Seems the bigger jack with an adapter has a slightly bigger sound stage, less intimate, placement within that sound stage seems to be a  bit better though (better separation). Also the vocals are higher up in position while on the jack it's lower. I do prefer the 3.5 jack though for the intimacy.
 

post #7929 of 12661
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

Curious do any of you notice any differences between the full size headphone jack and the 3.5 jack? Seems the bigger jack with an adapter has a slightly bigger sound stage, less intimate, placement within that sound stage seems to be a  bit better though (better separation). Also the vocals are higher up in position while on the jack it's lower. I do prefer the 3.5 jack though for the intimacy.
 

I have read of this from several people  but have not done a critical listening test on my own. I guess I should. It would seem there should be no difference but as you mention and as others have, there does seem to be. 

 

So is it the 2.5 you prefer for intimacy vs the 3.5?

post #7930 of 12661
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post

I have read of this from several people  but have not done a critical listening test on my own. I guess I should. It would seem there should be no difference but as you mention and as others have, there does seem to be. 

 

So is it the 2.5 you prefer for intimacy vs the 3.5?

 

Yes I prefer the 3.5 HO over the full size jack. Although the full size jack has its own advantages. This could be preferred depending on the IEM or just preference. For some tracks I'll actually prefer the full size jack. It depends.

post #7931 of 12661

Any recommendation for the adapter from full size headphone jack to 3.5 jack? The only one I have found is rather bulky.

post #7932 of 12661

I just used the one that came with my TF10s. Does the trick. Not sure how small you can actually get with them? I just use it to prevent crude from building up in the full size jack. I also intended on using it though to prevent wear on the 3.5 jack but since I prefer the sound out of the 3.5 I guess that won't be happening.
 

post #7933 of 12661

Does anyone know if you can bypass the internal amp and use your own amp. I know the dx100 has an output, but I don't think this bypasses the amp.

post #7934 of 12661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwm48324 View Post

Does anyone know if you can bypass the internal amp and use your own amp. I know the dx100 has an output, but I don't think this bypasses the amp.


Yes it does jwm. Just the Sabre chip has an adjustable volume control directly connected to the sabre DAC. So it in fact gives you much more versatility and volume matching with various amps opposed to a DAC where the volume is locked.

post #7935 of 12661
Thread Starter 

I have been listening a lot again with the JH13's and they sound great with the DX100. Now I have the ATH-ESW10's and they are also driven to some of the best sound I have heard out of them. The 10's may have been expensive but they are enjoyable to use.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.