Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2. - Page 528

post #7906 of 12715
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

 

mAh was given by iBasso to me on e-mail - 2400mAh. Note though 8.4V at least to my knowledge, is quite non-standard for the Lipo world. Consumer Lipo cells are in multiples of 3.7V. Having said that, none of my Lipo cells were every accurately in 3.7V multiples. At least in Tokyo most of the RC stuff are Lipos or LifePO4 which puts them into the 3.7V and 3.3V respectively although older NiMH/NiCad 1.2V cell multiples do still exist.

The charged voltage, as measured earlier in this thread was 8.2. NiMH are 1.2 but that is the minimal voltage. They normally charge to 1.42 within a .01 or so. So a 3.7 charged with two in series would be about 8.4V so that is not, nonstandard. I would guess that if someone finds a fit with a higher mA, it should work. 


Edited by jamato8 - 9/19/12 at 12:37pm
post #7907 of 12715

PS im unable to gain permission to attach any pics . And it keeps posting a blank message

 

Man my D-U-M-B factor is overwhelming me today


Edited by Rozeqloud - 9/19/12 at 4:05pm
post #7908 of 12715

i am having a problem
reading files from micro usb port on dx100 And id like to know exactly
what i am doing wrong

Find attached a pic of my set up trying to play music from that port

In my area i cannot find what is called an OTG cable , and was led
to believe that this would be the same thing

 

LOL i had to bike over an hour to a source outlet to get the only reasonably

thing they said would work

What you see is one male micro usb to male usb cable , one female to female
usb adapter , an ad card reader with an sd to micro sd adapter


But on dx100 i dont even receive power to the reader

i suspect i need a very specific cable , not some setup that tries
to imitate it . i read OTG is a specific standard , so the technology
i require here is in a very specific cable ? ? ?

If you could direct me to an exact cable/setup ill need i will
appreciate your efforts

Cheers

post #7909 of 12715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozeqloud View Post

i am having a problem

reading files from micro usb port on dx100 And id like to know exactly

what i am doing wrong


Find attached a pic of my set up trying to play music from that port


In my area i cannot find what is called an OTG cable , and was led

to believe that this would be the same thing

LOL i had to bike over an hour to a source outlet to get the only reasonably
thing they said would work


What you see is one male micro usb to male usb cable , one female to female

usb adapter , an ad card reader with an sd to micro sd adapter



But on dx100 i dont even receive power to the reader


i suspect i need a very specific cable , not some setup that tries

to imitate it . i read OTG is a specific standard , so the technology

i require here is in a very specific cable ? ? ?


If you could direct me to an exact cable/setup ill need i will

appreciate your efforts


Cheers

You absolutely need an OTG cable for your project to have any chance at success. When using my OTG cable, power is applied to my card reader. Here is a link to one listed on Amazon that should work for you:

http://tinyurl.com/cqwoaer
post #7910 of 12715
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFlight View Post


You absolutely need an OTG cable for your project to have any chance at success. When using my OTG cable, power is applied to my card reader. Here is a link to one listed on Amazon that should work for you:
http://tinyurl.com/cqwoaer

Thanks mate

 

OK my thick gormless skull understands . Cable needs to say/designate its OTG .

 

Why Bestbuy and Futureshop dont carry these , and even the smarter guys there

have never heard of them . And advised me i can simulate same thing ,such as in the way

i ve tried . There is obv. something in the design that goes beyond a simple male micro usb to

female usb . i dont know what it is ,but im gunna try to get one. Not having a credit card doesnt

help , i can prob purchase a pre paid one , but they normally have a 12-15 dollar activation

fee in Canada . Yipes . ya im cheap

 

Thanks mates for the support

post #7911 of 12715

> cheap

> bought an expensive dx100

 

does not compute!

post #7912 of 12715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozeqloud View Post

Thanks mate

 

OK my thick gormless skull understands . Cable needs to say/designate its OTG .

 

Why Bestbuy and Futureshop dont carry these , and even the smarter guys there

have never heard of them . And advised me i can simulate same thing ,such as in the way

i ve tried . There is obv. something in the design that goes beyond a simple male micro usb to

female usb . i dont know what it is ,but im gunna try to get one. Not having a credit card doesnt

help , i can prob purchase a pre paid one , but they normally have a 12-15 dollar activation

fee in Canada . Yipes . ya im cheap

 

Thanks mates for the support


Feeling dumber by the second for trying that other setup

 

"USB OTG is a new standard from USB-IF that enable host and device roles swapping within the connection. That was not allowed in USB 1.1 and USB 2.0."

 

Also may have wasted a few hundred dollars on a king rex bought to play files from laptop to my setup , with this cable

i may be able to connect my 1-2 TB hdds to my dx100 and do it that way . Good grief . But king rex is able to

do 32 bit ,when and if that ever arrives .

 

Cheers

post #7913 of 12715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozeqloud View Post


Feeling dumber by the second for trying that other setup

"USB OTG is a new standard from USB-IF that enable host and device roles swapping within the connection. That was not allowed in USB 1.1 and USB 2.0."

Also may have wasted a few hundred dollars on a king rex bought to play files from laptop to my setup , with this cable
i may be able to connect my 1-2 TB hdds to my dx100 and do it that way . Good grief . But king rex is able to
do 32 bit ,when and if that ever arrives .

Cheers

Well, I don't think that idea will work, as the DX100 doesn't have enough battery capacity to power a 2 TB hdd. Maybe external power would work. I think at best you will have to access files individually to play via the File Explorer app. They will not be listed in the music stored on the internal memory or external micro card so will not show in the music player listings.

Looks like maybe you are asking more from the DX100 than it was designed to do. Keep us posted on your end results, as I imagine they will be of interest to many.
post #7914 of 12715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyaems View Post

> cheap

> bought an expensive dx100

 

does not compute!


i get your point mate .

 

Yet im told im cheap , esp. by my kids .

 

maybe its more prioritizing my funds ? Ie ill spend almost 900 dollars on a DAP

but ill wear holes in my socks . As long as they are clean . i spent 1400.00 on

my hd800s (approx) but go to a goodwill for a 5 dollar pair of black jeans

 

Hey why dont i get cheap hole free socks there ?  makes note to self

 

The list goes on . i love my toys , and healthy food .Most other things im cheap

on i guess .

 

 

Cheepnis as Frank Zappa once put it

 

Somethings just fail comput-ization LOL

 

PS is it cheap to refuse to pay more for an activation fee than the item purchased ?

 

Cheers


Edited by Rozeqloud - 9/19/12 at 6:14pm
post #7915 of 12715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozeqloud View Post


i get your point mate .

 

Yet im told im cheap , esp. by my kids .

 

maybe its more prioritizing my funds ? Ie ill spend almost 900 dollars on a DAP

but ill wear holes in my socks . As long as they are clean . i spent 1400.00 on

my hd800s (approx) but go to a goodwill for a 5 dollar pair of black jeans

 

Hey why dont i get cheap hole free socks there ?  makes note to self

 

The list goes on . i love my toys , and healthy food .Most other things im cheap

on i guess .

 

 

Cheepnis as Frank Zappa once put it

 

Somethings just fail comput-ization LOL

 

PS is it cheap to refuse to pay more for an activation fee than the item purchased ?

 

Cheers

 

I don't have holes yet, but I'm with you! It's the only way I could afford an 900 USD DAP with a 500 USD monthly income tongue.gif

It will get better though, I hope

post #7916 of 12715

Between DX 100 & Rocoo BA, which sounds  better?

post #7917 of 12715
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberalpha11 View Post

Between DX 100 & Rocoo BA, which sounds  better?

 I don't own a DX100 so feel free to ignore me, but judging from the comments made by owners i reckon the Studio V would be closer to the ibasso than the RoooBA. The Studio V  3rd  Anniversary is a better sounding player than the BA. I do own both of those. 

post #7918 of 12715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauntere View Post

 I don't own a DX100 so feel free to ignore me, but judging from the comments made by owners i reckon the Studio V would be closer to the ibasso than the RoooBA. The Studio V  3rd  Anniversary is a better sounding player than the BA. I do own both of those. 

Can you share with me what is the significant major different in sound quality between Studio V and BA?

Have you tried to use micro SD64 G in your Studio V/BA and did you face any problem for the player to read the files?

post #7919 of 12715
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberalpha11 View Post

Can you share with me what is the significant major different in sound quality between Studio V and BA?

Have you tried to use micro SD64 G in your Studio V/BA and did you face any problem for the player to read the files?

 On a different thread i can. You should probably read the Studio V and Studio V 3rd Anniversary threads. And the  BA of course 

post #7920 of 12715
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUbiquitous View Post

 

I don't have holes yet, but I'm with you! It's the only way I could afford an 900 USD DAP with a 500 USD monthly income tongue.gif

It will get better though, I hope

LOL

 

 Yup i did a hell of alot of cutting back to afford that DAP

 

Not to mention all the money ive spent since finding headfi LOL

 

i started out considering a little 50 dollar head fone amp some university

 

student was making.and ways to make my ipod classic sound better...then i found sr71B ,

 

algorhythm solo....all finer cables required....then someone mentiond this dx100....my

 

curiosity piqued ....and here i sit with my Sunday socks on lol

 

Headfi should get a cut some how out of the audio industry  ive found stuff i didnt

 

even know i wanted , let alone existed since joining on here

 

Forgot to mention Sennheiser hd800s,,,,chose those mainly based on the words i

 

read here

 

so i have to re consider if im cheap..or do i need a new description....with holey socks and

 

5 dollar goodwill jeans im called cheap . But list my toys as well put..doesnt compute


Edited by Rozeqloud - 9/20/12 at 9:19am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.