Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2. - Page 526

post #7876 of 12737
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUbiquitous View Post

That is what Ibasso wrote in a mail they sent me, that they are not aware of any issues, and that they are not working on any updates.

 

If true this would be especially frustrating as I am having plenty of problems with the 1.1.7 firmware, and I'm reluctant to try the 1.2.3 due to other problems reported.  I find the 1.1.7 especially sluggish and navigation is difficult on some of the functions.  MP3's don't report properly and are often missing the album art that shows properly in every other program.  I encounter occasional crashes and lots of hangups that take an extended amount of time to resolve.  All of this is holding back a great device as I have no complaints on the sound.  

post #7877 of 12737
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUbiquitous View Post

That is what Ibasso wrote in a mail they sent me, that they are not aware of any issues, and that they are not working on any updates.

It was indeed mentioned, somewhere in the first pages of the thread. But if I remember correctly it never happened, it was just an idea someone posted.

Cheers to you too!


Tnx mate

 

You may be right

 

But in my fading memory i recall a pic of how it was done or a link to a product

 

im still browsing

 

Cheers

post #7878 of 12737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozeqloud View Post


Tnx mate

You may be right

But in my fading memory i recall a pic of how it was done or a link to a product

im still browsing

Cheers

I have a micro USB to USB adapter that, when inserted into the DX100 port with a flash drive installed, shows "preparing usb mass storage" however the flash drive capacity is not shown in the Storage menu and there is no way that I have found to display the contents of a card using the DX100. I don't remember if this adapter was discussed on this thread or somewhere in a tablet forum.
post #7879 of 12737
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfen68 View Post

 

If true this would be especially frustrating as I am having plenty of problems with the 1.1.7 firmware, and I'm reluctant to try the 1.2.3 due to other problems reported.  I find the 1.1.7 especially sluggish and navigation is difficult on some of the functions.  MP3's don't report properly and are often missing the album art that shows properly in every other program.  I encounter occasional crashes and lots of hangups that take an extended amount of time to resolve.  All of this is holding back a great device as I have no complaints on the sound.  

Have you tried resetting the DX100? I have never done this, as I haven't needed to but some have with success. A factory reset. Sorry for your problems. 

post #7880 of 12737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozeqloud View Post

This is making me bonkers...more so than i usually am

 

i know i read it here bef i got my dx100 in july

 

someone has been able to use multiple micro sd cards

 

ive googled this to death in search of a sd to usb hub etc

 

multiple micro sd card reader..turn sd card into a plug that can read as a

usb port etc...

 

im coming over all 500 plus pages and still cant see that post

 

im almost certain the micro usb on dx100 is to hook to pc  etc

to transfer files and for life of me can find no micro sd to go

into dx100 that has any hub/connection capabilities

 

Can someone wiser than me...so any body lol Hook me up here

and point me to a solution

 

Cheers

 

Not sure if they were working for DX100 or otherwise, just something helpful for your own research:

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/All-in-1-Micro-USB-OTG-smartphone-hub-card-reader-adapter-for-samsung-Nokia-sony-/130767494985
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-I9220-I9250-i9100-Motorola-XOOM-Host-OTG-Micro-USB-HUB-CARD-READER-/120918646011
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Samsung-s2-I9220-I9250-i9100-s3-i9300-Micro-USB-Host-OTG-HUB-CARD-READER-/160879753633
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-Galaxy-S-II-i9100-i9220-i9250-Micro-USB-Host-OTG-CARD-READER-5-IN-1-/160779592786
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Micro-USB-OTG-smartphone-hub-card-reader-adapter-for-Samsung-Galaxy-I9100-I9300-/251130400258
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Micro-USB-OTG-smartphone-hub-card-reader-adapter-for-samsung-galaxy-S2-Motorola-/130763119641

 

Someone different ones without that cable between the micro USB connector and the card reader itself:

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-s2-I9220-I9250-i9100-s3-i9300-Micro-USB-Host-OTG-ALL-IN-ONE-CARDREADER-/120956119697

 

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Note-Multi-functional-Connection-Kit/dp/B006MJZOMW

 

Yet another adapter that might be useful but not really stating OTG whatsoever:

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Flexible-swivel-Angle-USB-A-female-to-Micro-B-adapter-/230847191342

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Flexible-swivel-Angle-type-micro-B-5pin-USB-male-to-type-A-female-converter-jack-/400321426878

post #7881 of 12737
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfen68 View Post

 

If true this would be especially frustrating as I am having plenty of problems with the 1.1.7 firmware, and I'm reluctant to try the 1.2.3 due to other problems reported.  I find the 1.1.7 especially sluggish and navigation is difficult on some of the functions.  MP3's don't report properly and are often missing the album art that shows properly in every other program.  I encounter occasional crashes and lots of hangups that take an extended amount of time to resolve.  All of this is holding back a great device as I have no complaints on the sound.  


Your tags are off wolfen68. Provide me with a screen shot of your tags in MP3tag and I'll point out what you've got wrong. I have no problems with my few mp3s on my player and all the album art shows up properly along with my tag information. My unit also isn't sluggish. Its take just slightly under a minute to load up and I'm ready to go. I tend to end all processes but the music player and android keyboard. I actually found my unit more sluggish on 1.2.3 and it took longer to boot up as well.


Edited by lee730 - 9/17/12 at 11:19pm
post #7882 of 12737

Yes, proper tagging is paramount for proper display in iBasso's custom player.

post #7883 of 12737
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFlight View Post


I have a micro USB to USB adapter that, when inserted into the DX100 port with a flash drive installed, shows "preparing usb mass storage" however the flash drive capacity is not shown in the Storage menu and there is no way that I have found to display the contents of a card using the DX100. I don't remember if this adapter was discussed on this thread or somewhere in a tablet forum.

Thanks mate

 

I see Townes had his adapter working .id like to get my mitts on that exact one he has since they  may  not all

work from your experience . What a monster we d all have with this much storage

 

Thanks for the links mate

i got some reading to do

post #7884 of 12737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozeqloud View Post

Thanks mate

 

I see Townes had his adapter working .id like to get my mitts on that exact one he has since they  may  not all

work from your experience . What a monster we d all have with this much storage

 

Thanks for the links mate

i got some reading to do


PS

 

i have a Notion ink tablet , maybe 2 yrs old i forget

 

It is also android , tho obv. older version .It has same micro usb port

for hook to pc tasks etc...and i can plug in maybe a 1 or 2 TB HDD

to it and it will read all files

 

i have some hope

post #7885 of 12737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozeqloud View Post


PS

 

i have a Notion ink tablet , maybe 2 yrs old i forget

 

It is also android , tho obv. older version .It has same micro usb port

for hook to pc tasks etc...and i can plug in maybe a 1 or 2 TB HDD

to it and it will read all files

 

i have some hope

Just got a reply from Ibasso ) they do more oft than not reply in minutes)

 

They inform me a OTG cable connected to DX100 will work (what i wonder is does it have

to be an OTG cable . Is OTG a specific brand/model ? )

 

They also say

 

"You can use reader, adapter, harddisk... on the other end.
You can use it after the DX100 booted."
 
Damn if it really works from a HDD i may have mis spent lotsa pesos on a King rex
which i bought to play from my larger storage HDDs
post #7886 of 12737

You might want to type OTG in Wikipedia, and find out the acronym isn't for a brand.

post #7887 of 12737
Quote:
Originally Posted by the wizard of oz View Post

You might want to type OTG in Wikipedia, and find out the acronym isn't for a brand.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB_On-The-Go

 

200x200px-ZC-457b1ab4_Adaptermicrotostandardusb.jpeg

Picked up this cable on ebay and works with a flash drive, Have not tried a HD

post #7888 of 12737
Quote:
Originally Posted by the wizard of oz View Post

You might want to type OTG in Wikipedia, and find out the acronym isn't for a brand.

Thanks mate

 

Iit doesnt seem to be a brand from what i read on wiki.im excited to expand this way .

Quote:
Originally Posted by OddJobs View Post

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB_On-The-Go

 

200x200px-ZC-457b1ab4_Adaptermicrotostandardusb.jpeg

Picked up this cable on ebay and works with a flash drive, Have not tried a HD

Hey mate does this cable imply any sort of OTG name/label ?

 

Ibasso said it can support a HDD . I asked about a hub support on this OTG cable ,they were

uncertain .They say it depends on android 2.3 support . Are any gurus reading this able to shed some

light on this ?

 

Cheers

post #7889 of 12737

OTG= On The Go it is a standard not a company.

post #7890 of 12737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozeqloud View Post

Thanks mate

 

Iit doesnt seem to be a brand from what i read on wiki.im excited to expand this way .

Hey mate does this cable imply any sort of OTG name/label ?

 

Ibasso said it can support a HDD . I asked about a hub support on this OTG cable ,they were

uncertain .They say it depends on android 2.3 support . Are any gurus reading this able to shed some

light on this ?

 

Cheers

OTG = On-The-Go and specifically for USB.

 

As for the Hub, it would have to be externally powered as you really don't want the DX100 powering the hub but unfortunatly that defeats the purpose.

 

The HDD is no different than flash as it is presented in the same context from a hardware perspective.

 

ie meaning if you have a 3tb drive... it should work. Issue will be power. Flash can run off usb power with no issue. Magnetic drives..not so much

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.