Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2. - Page 520

post #7786 of 12674
After playing the last file in the last album, my DX100 will repeat the last album from the beginning. This is with "Play in order" checked in Play Mode. I am running 1.1.7 firmware.
post #7787 of 12674
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFlight View Post

After playing the last file in the last album, my DX100 will repeat the last album from the beginning. This is with "Play in order" checked in Play Mode. I am running 1.1.7 firmware.


Strange. I exclusively use playlists and once it has finished playing from the first song in the list to the last it will stop playing. Unless I have it on repeat... Problem is it doesn't go into sleep mode, or not on a constant basis on its own. Its randomly does that part which is irritating.

 

@figgie my comments have been made because there has been a lot of confusion with your comments as if you own a DX100. At least you've come across that way to a lot of headfiers here. Plus your comments come off as if you know it all. Not saying you have no knowledge but I still see it as putting the cart before the horse. Unless you have both the firmware and an actual unit in front of you I'm still taking your comments with a grain of salt.

post #7788 of 12674
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

@figgie my comments have been made because there has been a lot of confusion with your comments as if you own a DX100. At least you've come across that way to a lot of headfiers here. Plus your comments come off as if you know it all. Not saying you have no knowledge but I still see it as putting the cart before the horse. Unless you have both the firmware and an actual unit in front of you I'm still taking your comments with a grain of salt.

There is no confusion at all. Only to people that really have zero development background but go by beliefs instead of doing some basic research to see if I am infact posting nonsesnse or not.  That is why I post english with technical ref in paranthesis which a lightning fast search through google with some keywords, (RockChip SDK for instance) would have shown what I posted in the other thread . Do I know it all. Don't be ridiculous.

 

I know Coding and I do have knowledge on Chinese "development" standards from having worked with big manufacturing plants there. Code is really simple. It is what is typed. there is no interpretation. That means misspelling causes bugs due to uninitialized const/var. Coding screw ups, I don't need the hardware to know it won't work. Programming 101. Just look up 4 posts from this one on the player keeps playing with no other files being played? Infinte loop much with no end in site (until the II is pressed). A firmware flash will probably fix it but why is such a silly bug even present?

 

You can take my posts as you see fit. Let me remind you that you are the one posting speculation as irrefetuable facts which I had to correct you on. Not once but twice

 

IE... "iBasso manufactures every piece of equipment to include the DX100"  and "Would you risk damaging your unit for him"...the second statement implying that I am releasing code to fix this nonesense. If this breaks, the blame is SQUARELY on RockChip/iBasso coding ability not mine.


Edited by figgie - 9/10/12 at 10:59am
post #7789 of 12674

Why do people keep attacking figgie?

 

So what if he doesn't own a DX100? He obviously has a lot of XDA knowledge which I personally find very enlightening. I own a DX100 and I would love it if figgie would post more and more because I learn more from his posts than I do from most other DX100 owner's posts.

 

Plenty of DX100 owners have voiced some incredibly uneducated opinions on what may be going on that don't really contribute to what we know. figgie has made a few educated comments relating (and this is the important part) to the Android software aspect of the DX100 and how it may impact other elements of the player. If he has expertise in this area, what is the problem with commenting on it??

 

What gets me is the idea that you need to own a device in order to comment on it with any authority. Hearing and owning a device, in my opinion, doesn't immediately substantiate any subjective opinion people may have. In my experience, comments theorizing on technical matters based purely on subjective experiences with little to no research or education done relevant to the matter are for the most part, useless posts.

 

Case in point, the New LCD-3 Thread. I don't know how many pages were dedicated to discussing the squishiness of the pads as a possible reason for the veiled units but it was a lot. In reality, driver tensioning was closer on point as a cause but it was rarely mentioned. I ended up wasting waaaay too much time learning next to nothing reading all those useless posts by people who owned LCD-3's and spammed the thread with uneducated, subjective opinions and theories.

 

 

 

Figgie, you don't come across as a know it all in my eyes. You're just very informative and I appreciate that.

 

 

[/rant]

post #7790 of 12674
Thread Starter 

iBasso manufactures the DX100 and all of their other amps and dacs. The above post seems to imply they do not. To suggest they do not is arrogant unless you have absolute proof they do not. 

post #7791 of 12674

I was under the impression they purchase parts and assemble those parts in house unlike MP4Nation which ordered the Sflo2s completely assembled. What figgie was stating is that they purchase completely assembled units from Rockchip and just sell those units. Having nothing to do with the assembly process. My question is how would he know this or come to this conclusion? Wouldn't it make sense to hear it from the horses mouth?
 


Edited by lee730 - 9/10/12 at 12:57pm
post #7792 of 12674
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post

iBasso manufactures the DX100 and all of their other amps and dacs. The above post seems to imply they do not. To suggest they do not is arrogant unless you have absolute proof they do not. 

 

'Arrogant' seems very harsh. Can we cease with the personal attacks?

 

How would you define 'absolute proof' anyway? Beyond a reasonable doubt? In civil court they decide the truth based on the balance of probabilities. I'd say that our discussion of portable audio devices is fairly casual to begin with anyway. I'd love to hear the reason why figgie doesn't believe that iBasso manufacture every part that makes up the DX100 but I find him to be fairly credible based on his post history and as such would find it likely that figgie wouldn't claim something without a decent reason behind his actions.

post #7793 of 12674
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post

iBasso manufactures the DX100 and all of their other amps and dacs. The above post seems to imply they do not. To suggest they do not is arrogant unless you have absolute proof they do not. 

As I said in the other thread and apparently you missed...

 

Why does an iBasso product have RockChip as the manufacture in software (this is part of the build.prop within the system.img file)????

 

# begin build properties
# autogenerated by buildinfo.sh
ro.build.id=GINGERBREAD
ro.build.display.id=V1.2.3
ro.build.version.incremental=eng.mobei.20120410.143142
ro.build.version.sdk=9
ro.build.version.codename=REL
ro.build.version.release=2.3.1
ro.build.date=Tue Apr 10 14:38:07 CST 2012
ro.build.date.utc=1334039887
ro.build.type=eng
ro.build.user=mobei
ro.build.host=compiler
ro.build.tags=test-keys
ro.product.model=DX100

ro.product.brand=rockchip
ro.product.name=rk29sdk
ro.product.device=rk29sdk
ro.product.board=rk29sdk
ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a
ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi
ro.product.manufacturer=unknown
ro.product.locale.language=en
ro.product.locale.region=US

 

this can be verified against all firmware versions up to 1.2.3 by anyone here or XDA

 

 

 

  • the update.zip file follows the EXACT same format as any of the other tablets and phones that are RockChip based (kindly refered to as China Tabs). Even down to the use of the EXT file system. (This is not debatable).
  • the RockChip SDK is ONLY shared to foundry partners. iBasso is not and has never been a partner so they have ZERO access to the RockChip SDK (This is not debateable)
  • RockChip is the one doing all bug fixes for the DX100 and HDP-R10 (hence the lag in bug fixes, iBasso is not the only company they are working for).
  • RockChip is the manufacture of the DX100 along with most other RockChip based DAPS/PMP or Tablets. It is no different than FoxConn manufacturing the iPhone and whatever iDevices have been awared to them. In otherwords, if it has a RockChip silicone, it is built by RockChip. End of story.
  • iBasso outsources manufacturing of products (amazing as this may sound to the lot of you, it is actually common practice, yes even in China/India).
  • IF anything, iBasso DESIGNED what they wanted but RockChip is the one doing the build. HOPEFULLY iBasso is the one doing the QA testing.

 

PS


Apple uses ARM not Intel in their iDevices. As for the "PC" side, Apple does not manufacture any of the PC's either. Foxconn (again), Samsung (panels etc), and a whole slew of other 3rd parties do. Apple DESIGNED what they wanted but the build lands squarely on Foxconn. Best Buy does the same thing with Insignia, Dynex, Rocketfish, Init. Walmart with Vizio. Also Apple does the Software NOT Foxconn.


As they say, the proof is in the code. Right up there. The manufacture shows RockChip.

 

Why would a GOOGLE ANDROID build show that? Simple, RockChip IS doing the code compile (read software development). If iBasso where doing the compiling, it would clearly show iBasso. Why? Because as the code is compiled, all that build information is easily entered before the compiling starts to take place. Again, XDA is available and if you don't like them, there are plenty of other Android resources to verify this information.

 

I find fascinating how ABSOLUTE your statements are without one shred of evidence to back them up. I have showed my hand (of course not all of it). More name calling to come I take it?


Edited by figgie - 9/10/12 at 1:35pm
post #7794 of 12674
Thread Starter 
.

Edited by jamato8 - 9/10/12 at 1:21pm
post #7795 of 12674
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

What figgie was stating is that they purchase completely assembled units from Rockchip and just sell those units. Having nothing to do with the assembly process. My question is how would he know this or come to this conclusion? Wouldn't it make sense to hear it from the horses mouth?
 

 

Not that I want to contribute to a messy thread, but I never got that implication from any of his posts. My understanding from his posts was that Rockchip provided the chips and firmware, just like (my analogy) how they get their DAC chip from ESS.

 

I think there's way too much hostility and misunderstandings floating around. Can't we just have open minds and learn from each other instead of argue or take things personally?

post #7796 of 12674
Quote:
Originally Posted by temporaryname View Post

 

Not that I want to contribute to a messy thread, but I never got that implication from any of his posts. My understanding from his posts was that Rockchip provided the chips and firmware, just like (my analogy) how they get their DAC chip from ESS.

 

I think there's way too much hostility and misunderstandings floating around. Can't we just have open minds and learn from each other instead of argue or take things personally?


If you read earlier he made that comment, unless hes edited it. I don't find it hard to believe that ibasso bought parts from other companies and combined them. But stating that they bought assembled units and are just selling them is different.

 

Edit: Dug it up for you.

 

post #67 of 78

Just curious, is the r10 made in China or Japan?

post #68 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkppl View Post

Just curious, is the r10 made in China or Japan?

It is made by iBasso in China. 

Ph Balanced: JH13Pro, LCD-2, HE-6, HE-500,  PortaPros
, Ed. 9, HD650, ESW10 JPN, HF2
Some Amps:RSA: Protector, P-51, Shadow, 71a, (L)71b. iBasso: PB1, PB2 D12, fi.Q, D6, D4, P4. Lyr
Digital: DX100, DB-2 Cable:Whiplash Twag
V2
Optical: Sys Concepts Images: http://www.pbase.com/jamato8

ReplyQuote Multi 
post #69 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post

It is made by iBasso in China. 

Minor correction

 

 

iBasso contracted RockChip (China) to manufacture and do software development for the DX100/HDP-R10.

 

think Apple contracting Foxconn to manufacture the iDevices except the software development is done by Apple for the iDevices.


Edited by figgie - 9/7/12 at 8:36am
post #70 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by figgie View Post

Minor correction

 

 

iBasso contracted RockChip (China) to manufacture and do software development for the DX100/HDP-R10.

 

think Apple contracting Foxconn to manufacture the iDevices except the software development is done by Apple for the iDevices.

Thanks for clarifications. I asked because people (including me) usually find that audio equipment made in JP sound better than those made outside JP, even same brand, same model.... bigsmile_face.gif

post #71 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by figgie View Post

Minor correction

 

 

iBasso contracted RockChip (China) to manufacture and do software development for the DX100/HDP-R10.

 

think Apple contracting Foxconn to manufacture the iDevices except the software development is done by Apple for the iDevices.

What is the correction? The DX100 is manufactured in China. 

Ph Balanced: JH13Pro, LCD-2, HE-6, HE-500,  PortaPros
, Ed. 9, HD650, ESW10 JPN, HF2
Some Amps:RSA: Protector, P-51, Shadow, 71a, (L)71b. iBasso: PB1, PB2 D12, fi.Q, D6, D4, P4. Lyr
Digital: DX100, DB-2 Cable:Whiplash Twag
V2
Optical: Sys Concepts Images: http://www.pbase.com/jamato8

ReplyQuote Multi 
post #72 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post

What is the correction? The DX100 is manufactured in China. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post

It is made by iBasso in China. 

The correction is that is not made by iBasso in China. It is made by RockChip in China for iBasso and now Hibino/iBasso.

post #73 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by figgie View Post

 

The correction is that is not made by iBasso in China. It is made by RockChip in China for iBasso and now Hibino/iBasso.

In that case I would imagine some of the parts could be made in the US and Japan. So I guess you could say it was made in the US or Japan? The final product is assembled and conceived of by iBasso China. I don't get your point. 

Ph Balanced: JH13Pro, LCD-2, HE-6, HE-500,  PortaPros
, Ed. 9, HD650, ESW10 JPN, HF2
Some Amps:RSA: Protector, P-51, Shadow, 71a, (L)71b. iBasso: PB1, PB2 D12, fi.Q, D6, D4, P4. Lyr
Digital: DX100, DB-2 Cable:Whiplash Twag
V2
Optical: Sys Concepts Images: http://www.pbase.com/jamato8

ReplyQuote Multi 
post #74 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post

In that case I would imagine some of the parts could be made in the US and Japan. So I guess you could say it was made in the US or Japan? The final product is assembled and conceived of by iBasso China. I don't get your point

Seriously? You have to be joking or you are just being exceptionally coy.

 

The only input iBasso had with this is, "Hey I want that box to do this" Then RockChip builds/manufactures and then does the software development (and all updates afterwards). It is no different than just about every single cookie cutter tablet for the Chinese market that is RockChip powered. iBasso buys the completed DX100 from RockChip and sells them. iBasso is a buyer and a seller not a manufacture.

post #75 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by figgie View Post

Seriously? You have to be joking or you are just being exceptionally coy.

 

The only input iBasso had with this is, "Hey I want that box to do this" Then RockChip builds/manufactures and then does the software development (and all updates afterwards). It is no different than just about every single cookie cutter tablet for the Chinese market that is RockChip powered. iBasso buys the completed DX100 from RockChip and sells them. iBasso is a buyer and a seller not a manufacture.

You are trolling now. iBasso builds the DX100 and all their other products in their own facility. 

Ph Balanced: JH13Pro, LCD-2, HE-6, HE-500,  PortaPros
, Ed. 9, HD650, ESW10 JPN, HF2


Edited by lee730 - 9/10/12 at 1:38pm
post #7797 of 12674
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


If you read earlier he made that comment, unless hes edited it. I don't find it hard to believe that ibasso bought parts from other companies and combined them. But stating that they bought assembled units and are just selling them is different.

 

I believe you may have misunderstood him. I've read all his posts since he started posting (I'm subscribed to this thread) and I've never personally received that impression from him.

 

EDIT: My mistake. I don't remember reading that, strangely enough. Just a lot of posts about playlists and standby battery status.

 

EDIT: Now I understand why. It wasn't posted in this thread! This is why I've never read those posts.


Edited by temporaryname - 9/10/12 at 1:48pm
post #7798 of 12674
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by temporaryname View Post

 

Not that I want to contribute to a messy thread, but I never got that implication from any of his posts. My understanding from his posts was that Rockchip provided the chips and firmware, just like (my analogy) how they get their DAC chip from ESS.

 

I think there's way too much hostility and misunderstandings floating around. Can't we just have open minds and learn from each other instead of argue or take things personally

Read the post above yours. by figgie.  

  • iBasso outsources manufacturing of products (amazing as this may sound to the lot of you, it is actually common practice, yes even in China/India).
  • IF anything, iBasso DESIGNED what they wanted but RockChip is the one doing the build. HOPEFULLY iBasso is the one doing the QA testing.

 ". 

post #7799 of 12674
Quote:
Originally Posted by temporaryname View Post

 

I believe you may have misunderstood him. I've read all his posts since he started posting (I'm subscribed to this thread) and I've never personally received that impression from him.


Read my edited post above. I put their earlier comments in that post and highlighted where he made such an assumption. I can agree on them sourcing parts and assembling the unit themselves. But without hearing otherwise that they purchased fully built units and just sold them, I'm gonna take that comment with a grain of salt. Only ibasso has the right to make that statement or not. As I said earlier, better to hear it from the horses mouth.


Edited by lee730 - 9/10/12 at 1:41pm
post #7800 of 12674
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


Read my edited post above. I put their earlier comments in that post and highlighted where he made such an assumption. I can agree on them sourcing parts and assembling the unit themselves. But without hearing otherwise that they purchased fully built units and just sold them, I'm gonna take that comment with a grain of salt. Only ibasso has the right to make that statement or not. As I said earlier, better to hear it from the horses mouth.

 

I went back quite a few pages and couldn't find those posts.

 

....And now I realise it's because it was posted in a different thread. Can you link me to the thread? I've never read those claims before now.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.