Just wondering if anyone can point me toward another review of the DX100 other than this forum. Preferably with more technical information in conjunction with their subjective review.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 5/27/12
- brandAudiophile Productstagged by System, 2/10/12
- productiBasso DX100 Reference DAPtagged by System, 2/10/12
- productJDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/27/12
- categoryPortable Source Componentstagged by System, 5/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- [Comparison Review] Searching for accurate sounding closed cans under $100 (9 headphone models... Last post on 10/24/13 at 11:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- first timer in need of guidance Last post on 4/3/13 at 1:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best dubstep headphones for $100? Last post on 3/16/13 at 6:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Panasonic htf 600s vs Creative Aurvana Live Last post on 1/27/13 at 11:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
Been looking for some new closed headphones, with only three at the moment and for some time in fact. Good ones, though: Sony MDR Z1000, Sony MDR 7520, and Senn Amperiors, Sometimes you just...
There are many great headphones in this SUB-$150 category , I have a good amount of headphones in the range and have tried a good enough of them to know what to expect in this category The...
(Note - XL ear pads are installed. The sound will be judged based on that.) Introduction: I purchased these headphones mainly out of curiosity. I was reading reviews and watching youtubers...
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2. - Page 474
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7097 of 125397/26/12 at 7:38pmpost #7098 of 125397/26/12 at 7:48pmpost #7099 of 125397/26/12 at 10:37pmThread StarterQuote:
So you would like one with test graphs and charts like Stereophile? While the charts are nice, products sell by review in Stereophile based mostly on the listening impressions. A thumbs up on the charts but down on the sound, kills the product and Stereophile has put a few companies out of business. I had a product reviewed by them and got a nice positive review. A friend in the amp business would not advertise in their magazine so they would not review his products for years but finally relented and did give him some very good reviews, which he admitted, really improved business. It wasn't the charts, though they looked good, it was the sound.post #7100 of 125397/26/12 at 10:47pm
Yeah it's not always the chart that tells you the truth. It can be used to generally give you an idea of what a piece of kit will sound like but it doesn't guarantee it will sound that way.
post #7101 of 125397/26/12 at 10:57pmQuote:
I like charts. Gives me a nice ballpark estimate of what I can expect to hear. What I hear will then decide whether or not I keep a given product. But arguing that one amp or dac is better than another with charts as the only argument is just plain stupid.post #7102 of 125397/26/12 at 11:00pm
Yep. But then again a chart can still surprise even though you are expecting (or not expecting) to hear certain characteristics. The EX1000 is a good demonstration of this. The charts say it will be heard as sibilant. Yet most don't hear this or not to a degree that would turn them from the IEM. Although I happen to agree with that very graph ;).
post #7103 of 125397/26/12 at 11:02pm
I totally forgot to post this after uploading it last night...
Pretty poor quality from my phone, but shows playback by album, by artist and swiping for either lyrics or visualizationpost #7104 of 125397/26/12 at 11:05pm
I just love the organization playlists bring. Then again I also have my directory folders set up in the same fashion as they would show up in my playlists with the exception the playlist will have each song in the order I chose. :).
post #7105 of 125397/27/12 at 8:12amQuote:
Thanks for your reply! Just worried that there won't be enough gain. Cheers!post #7106 of 125397/27/12 at 12:22pm
So, I placed an order yesterday for a DX100 on iBasso's site. I haven't gotten any confirmation from iBasso at all that I made an order. The only email I got was from paypal that I made the payment. How long does it typically take to get an order confirmation or anything like that from them? I am pretty excited about getting this device. Been lurking these forums for years and finally signed up when I took the leap to get a DX100 :).post #7107 of 125397/27/12 at 12:57pm
I know it's a bit disconcerting to receive no confirmation from iBasso, but I assure you this is normal for them. Just sit tight and your DX100 will be on its way to you soon enough.post #7108 of 125397/27/12 at 1:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by extide
So, I placed an order yesterday for a DX100 on iBasso's site. I haven't gotten any confirmation from iBasso at all that I made an order. The only email I got was from paypal that I made the payment. How long does it typically take to get an order confirmation or anything like that from them? I am pretty excited about getting this device. Been lurking these forums for years and finally signed up when I took the leap to get a DX100 :).Quote:
Yeah - If you plow through the thread you'll see that it's standard practice. You could shoot an email to Ibasso and ask for a tracking number, I'd say there's a 50/50 chance you'll get it before the DX100 arrivespost #7109 of 125397/27/12 at 1:53pmQuote:
Thanks guys. I have been working my way through the thread, but sheesh almost 500 pages takes a while! I wasnt really concerned but it IS $850 !
- iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 1 minute ago
- › Review + Appreciation thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI... 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 5 minutes ago
- › Can the HiFiMAN HE-Adapter be used on e.g. HE.500 headphones? 9 minutes ago
- › HM-901 + Balanced & IEM amp cards + 128GB Sandisk [PRICE DROPPED!!] 9 minutes ago
- › Heir Audio 5.0 10 minutes ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 11 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 13 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 13 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 13 minutes ago
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by zazex
- › Ultrasone HFI-450 by MrTechAgent
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude