Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2. - Page 472

post #7066 of 12797

Great µThanks ;) i continue to read this tread and i comeBack after ;) P134 :(

post #7067 of 12797

If anyone is still remotely interested in my ongoing battle with my DX100 to get the songs to play in order, I am finally getting to the bottom of it - not there yet, but close.

 

I put on some Bob Seger today (Turn the Page on the DX100 is the greatest thing I have ever heard and will be the first song when my JH3a / 16 Pros arrive) and noticed that one song was out of order - it played first.  I looked at it and it didn't have a track number showing in the DX100.  That got me thinking that perhaps there was an alphanumeric sequence going on.  So I tried something with one album......

 

The naming convention was <track> <title> and I added a letter prefix to the track number in reverse (because it's playing in reverse) so 01 became z01, 02 became y02, 03 became x03, etc.

 

Well, when I disconnected the DX100 and rebooted it was almost in the correct order.  For some reason 05 (letter v) was the first track, but everything else was correct, and the DX100 was stripping the letter out and just showing the 001, 002 track numbers.

 

So I am now convinced that my DX100 is playing tracks in reverse alpha-numeric order and I just need to figure out how to renumber / append a letter en masse and I'll be good.  The track 5 / letter v first issue is weird and I need to check a couple of other albums to see if that's the same (perhaps something to do with the Chinese character set sequence????), but at least I can keep my sanity if the 1.1.8 firmware doesn't solve anything.


Edited by Roffensian - 7/25/12 at 6:23pm
post #7068 of 12797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roffensian View Post

If anyone is still remotely interested in my ongoing battle with my DX100 to get the songs to play in order, I am finally getting to the bottom of it - not there yet, but close.

 

I put on some Bob Seger today (Turn the Page on the DX100 is the greatest thing I have ever heard and will be the first song when my JH3a / 16 Pros arrive) and noticed that one song was out of order - it played first.  I looked at it and it didn't have a track number showing in the DX100.  That got me thinking that perhaps there was an alphanumeric sequence going on.  So I tried something with one album......

 

The naming convention was <track> <title> and I added a letter prefix to the track number in reverse (because it's playing in reverse) so 01 became z01, 02 became y02, 03 became x03, etc.

 

Well, when I disconnected the DX100 and rebooted it was almost in the correct order.  For some reason 05 (letter v) was the first track, but everything else was correct, and the DX100 was stripping the letter out and just showing the 001, 002 track numbers.

 

So I am now convinced that my DX100 is playing tracks in reverse alpha-numeric order and I just need to figure out how to renumber / append a letter en masse and I'll be good.  The track 5 / letter v first issue is weird and I need to check a couple of other albums to see if that's the same (perhaps something to do with the Chinese character set sequence????), but at least I can keep my sanity if the 1.1.8 firmware doesn't solve anything.

 

2 things:

 

First of all, good work! :) I've been following your ventures with much amusement (when I have time to check head-fi).

 

Second of all, it blows my mind that you have so much trouble with the DX100. Mine doesn't do any of that (FW1.1.7) but I do have a question. Do you use the artist/album widget to the right of the music player widget on the home screen? I never use it and go straight into the music player and everything lists there normally.

post #7069 of 12797
Quote:
Originally Posted by temporaryname View Post

 

Second of all, it blows my mind that you have so much trouble with the DX100. Mine doesn't do any of that (FW1.1.7) but I do have a question. Do you use the artist/album widget to the right of the music player widget on the home screen? I never use it and go straight into the music player and everything lists there normally.

 

Yes I do, and that's been the only place that the problem happens.  If I use the player that has the All Music / Directory / Playlists / Albums across the top then everything has always been correct (although my 'fix' has now made it wrong!).  I listen a lot when I am working and like to be able to put music on and not have to interact with it for some time so album by album is a little inconvenient for me.  My preference is to play an artist in full and the only way that I can do that through the interface is via the widget to the right of the player.  Under that the albums are listed in reverse alphavetical order and the tracks are listed in reverse numerical order.

 

As someone pointed out, I can solve the problem for myself using playlists, but at last count I had close to 500 artists and I don't really want to have to create 500 different playlists through the DX100 interface (if I can find the files and see the format it might be OK to create them through a PC and load them).  Fundamentally though I should not have to build my own 'play an artist' functionality on something that I paid over $800 for.

post #7070 of 12797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roffensian View Post

 

Yes I do, and that's been the only place that the problem happens.  If I use the player that has the All Music / Directory / Playlists / Albums across the top then everything has always been correct (although my 'fix' has now made it wrong!).  I listen a lot when I am working and like to be able to put music on and not have to interact with it for some time so album by album is a little inconvenient for me.  My preference is to play an artist in full and the only way that I can do that through the interface is via the widget to the right of the player.  Under that the albums are listed in reverse alphavetical order and the tracks are listed in reverse numerical order.

No.

 

In the "full" player, (the only one I use) swipe the top menu to the left and select the tab "Artists". Then click-and-hold an artist name and select "Play". The DX100 will now play all songs by that artist.

post #7071 of 12797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post

No.

 

In the "full" player, (the only one I use) swipe the top menu to the left and select the tab "Artists". Then click-and-hold an artist name and select "Play". The DX100 will now play all songs by that artist.

 

 

eek.gif

 

Well how freaking stoooopid am I????????

 

I never realized that menu scrolledblink.gif.  OK, I now no longer care that the widget is screwed up, I can have my music the way that I want it (well I would still like to play albums by date not title, but that's minor and can be fixed by putting the date in the file name).

 

Thanks Sorensiim, I am now a happy man again - just feeling more than a little foolish!

post #7072 of 12797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roffensian View Post

 

 

eek.gif

 

Well how freaking stoooopid am I????????

 

I never realized that menu scrolledblink.gif.  OK, I now no longer care that the widget is screwed up, I can have my music the way that I want it (well I would still like to play albums by date not title, but that's minor and can be fixed by putting the date in the file name).

 

Thanks Sorensiim, I am now a happy man again - just feeling more than a little foolish!

You're not the first to miss that UI "feature" - I did the same myself biggrin.gif

post #7073 of 12797
Hi All,

I was wondering if I can use my DX100 to feed a power amplifier to drive my speakers. Since the DX100 line-out output level can be adjusted, it is very much like variable output from cd players or DAC preamps right? Has only one tried it? Thank you for your attention.

Cheers!
Vic
post #7074 of 12797
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyvic View Post

Hi All,
I was wondering if I can use my DX100 to feed a power amplifier to drive my speakers. Since the DX100 line-out output level can be adjusted, it is very much like variable output from cd players or DAC preamps right? Has only one tried it? Thank you for your attention.
Cheers!
Vic

Yes, it works perfectly for that purpose. I do that often when listening to my phones that require more power than the DX100 can provide.
post #7075 of 12797

Hi All,

 

Due to lack of use I’m looking to sell my DX100, this an amazing piece of kit in immaculate condition but I'm just too scared to take it out of the house and use it to its full potential for the fear of dropping it.

I have charged the unit approximately 5 times since I received it (4th batch), it still has the original screen cover fitted. I also have a 64gig micro SD card that I will throw in for the right price.

 

I live in the UK (south east) and am willing to meet up if someone wants to pick up other than that I'm willing to ship anywhere in the UK.

 

So PM me if your interested (serious offers only please)700

(apologies for the camera pic)

post #7076 of 12797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micky Finn View Post

Hi All,

Due to lack of use I’m looking to sell my DX100, this an amazing piece of kit in immaculate condition but I'm just too scared to take it out of the house and use it to its full potential for the fear of dropping it.
I have charged the unit approximately 5 times since I received it (4th batch), it still has the original screen cover fitted. I also have a 64gig micro SD card that I will throw in for the right price.

I live in the UK (south east) and am willing to meet up if someone wants to pick up other than that I'm willing to ship anywhere in the UK.

So PM me if your interested (serious offers only please)
(apologies for the camera pic)

Just curious, do you take your jh16pro out of your house? It's more expensive than your dx100...
post #7077 of 12797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micky Finn View Post

Hi All,

 

Due to lack of use I’m looking to sell my DX100...

You might want to put it up for sale here: http://www.head-fi.org/f/6552/source-components-for-sale-trade

 

Most of us reading this thread already have one wink.gif

post #7078 of 12797

Yeah i do take my IEM's out but there inside my ears most of the time :) , the DX100 is in my pocket and as it doesn't have any kind of in-line remote every time i pull it out to browse tracks its always in the back of my mind that sooner or later I'm going to drop it... sounds paranoid i know but I'm a bit of a clumsy b*****d.

I do love listing to it around the house but its not getting enough use to warrant the money I've spent.

post #7079 of 12797

I did try but i can't because i haven't used this forum enough (15 posts minimum.... i think)

post #7080 of 12797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post

No.

 

In the "full" player, (the only one I use) swipe the top menu to the left and select the tab "Artists". Then click-and-hold an artist name and select "Play". The DX100 will now play all songs by that artist.

When I swipe to the left, instead of tabs I get "Do Not Found The LRC File!".

Has anyone else experienced this, or know what the LRC file is?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.