Originally Posted by Sorensiim
YES! I now have all albums playing in proper order! Sadly, the fix I found confirms the suspicion that files are played in the order they're transferred to the DX100...
1) Get the small program "Copy in order" here.
2) To avoid spending hours copying your files to the DX100 (and microSD) again, rename your music folder and create a new folder called music. Or whatever you want it to be called. Do the same on your microSD.
3) Run the Copy In Order program and use it to move your music files from the old folder to the new. Like this:
4) Once you've done this for the microSD as well as the internal storage, safely disconnect the DX100 and reboot it. Let it sit for 5 minutes as it is now re-indexing your music collection.
5) If your music files are named similarly to mine (%tracknumber% - %title%, ie 01 - Perfect Darkness.flac) they are now listed (and will play) in the proper order. Mp3tag is a great tool if you need to rename them. Assuming your tags are in order, you just click the Tag -> Filename button.
6) Try to control your rage when you realise that you will have to add all the artwork again.
Sorensiim, thanks so much for this.
Tried it with one album before I let it loose on the entire library and noticed something very interesting.....
Although for me the order is still wrong (different from before, but still wrong), the move using Copy in Order caused the album art to show up - not sure why, but I'll take it.
Now just have to figure out why the order is still off (on a 12 track album it now goes 7 thru 1 followed by 12 thru 8).
In terms of how I move files - I was dragging and dropping in Windows Explorer originally, but all of my tags are managed through mp3tag.
Not working for me so looks like I need to move everything from my original source again, but I'll try using Copy in Order.
Sucks, but worth it if successful
Tried using Copy in Order on a couple of albums to move from laptop to DX100 and watched as the files were copied in order, but then showed up in reverse as before on the DX100. Will play around a bit more, but not going to reload 60+ gigs to end up in the same place.
Edited by Roffensian - 7/17/12 at 8:06am