- 4,005 Posts. Joined 4/2007
- Location: Kalundborg, Denmark
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 5/28/12
- brandAudiophile Productstagged by System, 2/11/12
- productiBasso DX100 Reference DAPtagged by System, 2/11/12
- productJDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/28/12
- categoryPortable Source Componentstagged by System, 5/28/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- [Comparison Review] Searching for accurate sounding closed cans under $100 (9 headphone models... Last post on 10/24/13 at 11:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- first timer in need of guidance Last post on 4/3/13 at 1:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best dubstep headphones for $100? Last post on 3/16/13 at 6:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Panasonic htf 600s vs Creative Aurvana Live Last post on 1/27/13 at 11:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 12/4/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/5/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
I've spent the past week auditioning these new VSD1S by VSonic. Before this I was listening extensively to my dual dynamics JVC FXT90's and my dual armature UE 700. For a single dynamic driver that...
I started this review with the intention of pointing out the things I don't like about it, but man, there really isn't much I don't love about these. Out of the box they sound very thin and...
It does a good job as a DAC for my starving student amp. Eventually, I will probably upgrade but it works well enough. It is nice that it powers off of USB and doesn't take up tons of space.
The review is based on the stock pads, not based on the upgraded velour pads. The only problem with the sound quality is a weird color in the upper mids, around vocal range. This is due to the...
The 880s don't have a lot of color to themselves. They're light comfortable cans that get the job done. They are a well rounded headphone good for someone who can't quite figure out what kind of...
iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2. - Page 465post #6961 of 122837/16/12 at 9:18amSysconcept make high quality optical cables to order for reasonable prices. Just be VERY carefull with the wording on the order or they will screew you around and not deliver what you thought you ordered and they confirmed they would deliver
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6962 of 122837/16/12 at 9:21ampost #6963 of 122837/16/12 at 9:35amQuote:
I guess not, what a shame!....So according to them it will be this coming weekend now :-(post #6964 of 122837/16/12 at 11:21ampost #6965 of 122837/16/12 at 3:42pmQuote:
I'm using a sysconcept 1300 strand mini to toslink optical cable and it works great with the dx100. I haven't had any trouble with sysconcept, other than their website Canadian to US dollar pricing conversion is screwed up. If you email a clarification request ahead of your order, they will make sure you get the correct cable.post #6966 of 122837/16/12 at 4:20pmThread Starter
I have a number of Sysconcept cables and never had a problem with them getting them wrong. I have a couple of the 1300 and one that is 13,000 but the 13,000 is touchy so you are better off with the 1300.post #6967 of 122837/16/12 at 4:29pm
I spent quite a bit of time on the weekend trying to get order of tracks correct with different tags, adding / removing, different ffile formats, etc and got nowhere so I think I'm stuck until the next firmware and then take it up with iBasso again if that doesn't work.
Next step is to look at which album art is working and try to find a common theme there.post #6968 of 122837/16/12 at 6:33pm
I just used an album art tagger to do most of the work. Then the ones it screwed up on I go and manually input those files myself. But ibasso should really fix the tag issue to allow the album art to show via tags. I have no issue at all with Power Amp and everything shows 100% correct without going through extra hassle.
post #6969 of 122837/16/12 at 9:29pmThread Starter
I am listening to the Allman Brothers Band, Reach for the Sky and I have to tell you, it is great on the DX100! I am using the PortaPros modified with holes drilled in the plastic baffle and a quarter sized hole cut in the foam. Great detail and openness. Just beautiful. Taught percussion and wailing guitars.post #6970 of 122837/16/12 at 11:32pmQuote:I have over the years bought 3 cables from them. This last time I had a lengthy email conversation with them specifying exactly what I wanted and they confirmed that was what I would get yet they just send me the standard product and then claimed that they had never promissed me anything. I will never order from them again when they behave like that but their products are very high quality.Originally Posted by wolfen68Quote:
I'm using a sysconcept 1300 strand mini to toslink optical cable and it works great with the dx100. I haven't had any trouble with sysconcept, other than their website Canadian to US dollar pricing conversion is screwed up. If you email a clarification request ahead of your order, they will make sure you get the correct cable.post #6971 of 122837/16/12 at 11:45pm
I tried the Rx3 with the DX100 last sunday. Single ended only, no connectors for balanced for the headphones i tested. and the IC is a mundorf IC. did about 10-15 mins to match the volume of the dx100 amp and the rx3 amp and i find them sound almost the same, although the rx3 has a smoother presentation in the midrange as some recordings can sound harsh when i use the internal amp of the dx100. I already finding the dx100 amp 'clean-sounding' but the rx3 sounds more clearer when comparing them. Again, i haven't tried balanced, only single ended.
akg k260propost #6972 of 122837/17/12 at 12:28ampost #6973 of 122837/17/12 at 12:42am
This is my current rig... I don't see it changing anytime soon.
Ibasso DX100 -> Magnus 1 copper/silver/kevlar -> Heir 8.A.
Edited by Sorensiim - 7/17/12 at 12:44ampost #6974 of 122837/17/12 at 3:22am
So are there any others that feel this recent update is a quite-noticeable improvement in sound? With the older firmware the sound was a bit boosted with EQ off and too thin with EQ on. Now it's just right with EQ off. Much more enjoyable IMO.
post #6975 of 122837/17/12 at 3:27amQuote:
I share the same thoughts .........the update has made the DX100 sound very natural with great tonality, I am enjoying mine as a DAP more than anytime since I have had it......
- iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Lake People G109 / G103 thread 1 minute ago
- › The best looking DACs viewed from the Rear 1 minute ago
- › PS Audio xStream Plus Speaker Cable, As New 2 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 4 minutes ago
- › ALO Pan Am desktop/portable headphone amp/DAC: Impressions and Reviews 4 minutes ago
- › Q701 appreciation thread 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 5 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Wanted: A friendly Scandinavian to help me find a white/orange Koss... 8 minutes ago
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by jshaffe
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones, Black by pataburd
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude