Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2. - Page 458

post #6856 of 12713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roffensian View Post

 

The answer appears to be yes, and no.

 

You can play an album (but just one album) in order using the less obvious player interface, but not using the main interface that offers genre, artist, album, etc.  For me those are reversed, regardless of what I do to the file name (although I am going to try a few other things) and for others they seem to sometimes be random.  However, not everyone seems to have the problem.


If you use playlists you should be able to organize your music exactly how you want and it will show up accordingly.

post #6857 of 12713
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


If you use playlists you should be able to organize your music exactly how you want and it will show up accordingly.

That is a bandage to a broken app...

post #6858 of 12713

My files are a mess to this day.  I just throw them in and play on random.  I wouldn't have a clue how to organize it.  My main concerns have been addressed and the clicking, thumping sounds at the end and beginning of tracks have mostly disappeared.  I got rid of poweramp and almost everything else from the market.  Just use the stock player and I'm satisfied with this thing finally.  It's unfortunate that the software is mediocre at best but thankfully it's an awesome sounding player.  

post #6859 of 12713
Another issue I've noticed is this thing has very little ability to realistically run long on idle or standbye. Play time aside, if I ever leave it on standbye (nothing playing, screen off) it still runs Hot and drains te battery very fast. 50% battery drained in 4 hours, nothing playing or even paused.

Ewwh.

Shut down is the only option I've got?
post #6860 of 12713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnambulist View Post

I tend to play albums all the way through, in order - e.g. search by artist, pick album, play through from start to finish. Is this going to be an issue? 

 

My old S:Flo2 was usable only when using a windows program to force the files into alphabetical order and then browsing by directory... but the touch screen sucked which made it hard to use.

 

The screen on this looks responsive enough, but it seems the curse of the Rockchip strikes again in terms of sorting stuff. I don't care about what method I have to use, but can I just play an album in the correct order? I'd be okay with fixing file names etc.

I've been away from the forum for a few weeks and came back to find this long discussion about albums not playing in order/reverse.  I originally had this problem but and had to retag and reload multiple HiRes FLAC (didn't happen on MP3 files) albums in file order to get it to work.  Since the new firmware I haven't had this problem and I have downloaded multiple albums.  I use MP3Tag software before I load an album and I play the album by long pressing it from the advanced player view (from either album sort or even artist/album sort).

 

If you are having problems how are your files sorted on the DX100?  Not sure if it matters but I have a master artist file folder with individual album folders under it.

 

Had surgery a couple weeks ago and was stuck in bed for a couple days.  The DX100 and Senn HD650's were priceless!

post #6861 of 12713

Just to throw my 2 pennies worth in...

 

Firmware 1.1.7

All my music is organised by folders - Artist - Album - Tracks

Tracks are labelled 01.Artist - Trackname.flac

 

I play my music by:

Click on main screen player widget which takes me into the actual player (the one with all the file details).

I then use the option at the top left to browse to the folders on the Internal\SD card OR I will choose Artist - Album folder.

I go into the folder and all the tracks have been appended with a zero. If I then play the first track, all the tracks then play in order 002, 003 etc...

I have even tried starting at different tracks in the album and each time the next number is played.

 

Also, almost all my flacs are missing the cover art, BUT I do have two flac albums which show the cover art. I am trying to work out why these two albums are different from the rest of my flacs.

I have tried the Cover Art app mentioned earlier in this thread, but it doesn't seem to work for me. 

post #6862 of 12713

Hmm

 

I wonder if this should be a seperate thread for troubleshooting as this is a reviews thread.

 

thoughts?

 

Do me a favor...

 

for the FLAC cover art issue.

 

Use Foobar2000... do the cover art for the FLAC files appear there?

 

if they do not. It might mean it got corrupted on tagging or tagged incorrectly by the app. I know another program.. just a trouble shooting step. Can remove afterwards.


Edited by figgie - 7/11/12 at 3:15pm
post #6863 of 12713

I'm musing about buying one still haha, not done the deed yet. 

 

For what it's worth, my music is arranged on the computer in folders for each artist (alphabetically, obviously), with individual folders for each album which are chronologically arranged, e.g. '(2010) first album, (2012) second album' and so on. Everything has been tagged by iTunes on my Mac, and the files in each album are like '01 first song' '02 second song' etc. I do need to embed artwork properly at some point. Everything is ALAC as I'm obviously Mac-based, and the intention for the player would be 64GB internal + 64GB external populated w/high bitrate lossy in order to have a 'fill and forget' system with everything I have on it.

 

The usability of the iPod setups is obviously great but it just puts me off hearing several people who've had both claim the DX100 slaps them about from a great height. Grrr.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmintunes View Post

I've been away from the forum for a few weeks and came back to find this long discussion about albums not playing in order/reverse.  I originally had this problem but and had to retag and reload multiple HiRes FLAC (didn't happen on MP3 files) albums in file order to get it to work.  Since the new firmware I haven't had this problem and I have downloaded multiple albums.  I use MP3Tag software before I load an album and I play the album by long pressing it from the advanced player view (from either album sort or even artist/album sort).

 

If you are having problems how are your files sorted on the DX100?  Not sure if it matters but I have a master artist file folder with individual album folders under it.

 

Had surgery a couple weeks ago and was stuck in bed for a couple days.  The DX100 and Senn HD650's were priceless!

post #6864 of 12713

There is a bugs thread somewhere. I'll findi it.... here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/592745/ibasso-dx100-bugs-to-fix-or-features-to-add-please-tell-us-what-you-want-to-fix-or-add/195

Quote:
Originally Posted by figgie View Post

Hmm

 

I wonder if this should be a seperate thread for troubleshooting as this is a reviews thread.

 

thoughts?

 

Do me a favor...

 

for the FLAC cover art issue.

 

Use Foobar2000... do the cover art for the FLAC files appear there?

 

if they do not. It might mean it got corrupted on tagging or tagged incorrectly by the app. I know another program.. just a trouble shooting step. Can remove afterwards.

post #6865 of 12713

Other thread looks to have been dead for a month, but happy to move there if that's better - though this is where people considering a purchase will be directed by Google.

 

A few comments on recent posts......

 

@swimmintunes - my folder structure is the same as yours.  Anything special that worked with manipulating tags in mp3tag or just hit and miss?

 

@kryten123 - that way to play an album works perfectly for me too, it's the other interface ('main interface'?) that is reversed.

 

@figgie - album art displays correctly in foobar2000 for me regardless of format, maybe 10% showing up in DX100 - haven't found any logic to it, although honestly haven't checked much because not a big deal to me.

post #6866 of 12713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonsamhain View Post

Another issue I've noticed is this thing has very little ability to realistically run long on idle or standbye. Play time aside, if I ever leave it on standbye (nothing playing, screen off) it still runs Hot and drains te battery very fast. 50% battery drained in 4 hours, nothing playing or even paused.
Ewwh.
Shut down is the only option I've got?

 

i always do this when im in the office. i leave the dx100 on standby for 6-8 hours and 20-30% battery is only lost. maybe theres something wrong with your battery or it is not calibrated yet. not sure.

 

 

 

good thing that i will never have problems playing tracks in order because i always delete the numbers/number tags from the files because I always play in random and i dont have live concert music files in my dx100 (or those albums that plays continuously) and I hate seeing bunch of songs that starts with 01 with different titlesfiles in my list.


Edited by Dyaems - 7/11/12 at 6:59pm
post #6867 of 12713

i dont know if this is already asked or not...

why the volume button and EQualizer are still work when use the line out ? 

dont know why i prefer the line out, it`s lack of power but i feel cleaner sound, no problem when using earphones

post #6868 of 12713
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_tumiwa View Post

i dont know if this is already asked or not...

why the volume button and EQualizer are still work when use the line out ? 

dont know why i prefer the line out, it`s lack of power but i feel cleaner sound, no problem when using earphones

EQ and volume control the Sabre DAC output (in this particular implementation), not the amp section smile.gif

post #6869 of 12713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post

EQ and volume control the Sabre DAC output (in this particular implementation), not the amp section smile.gif


i was wondering a_tumiwa's question as well, but not sure if i got your answer... care to elaborate it abit for me? thanks

post #6870 of 12713
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_tumiwa View Post

i dont know if this is already asked or not...

why the volume button and EQualizer are still work when use the line out ? 

dont know why i prefer the line out, it`s lack of power but i feel cleaner sound, no problem when using earphones


Yeah it's a feature of the Sabre DAC and if anything a very beneficial one which allows you to tune the volume control to the amp and heaphones/IEMS for optimal sound.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.